Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Del Mar by the Shade

• Start Topic

Interesting that last season Erika chose Tom (who she has now said was in a mental decline) to review her contract for Chicago. I wonder what the terms actually were and whether (thanks to her allegedly addled-minded attorney) she ended up having to pay to work...

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

To state that the Ghiradi's lifestyle was soley funded by money stolen from widows and orphans would suggest that particular case was Tom's only source of income. Maybe he's been skimming for years, but that case is the one everyone's focusing on. 

Lots of wealthy husbands invest in the wive's vanity project - often as a tax write-off. My mother worked in a boutique that was established for the sole purpose of doing that. When it started turning a profit despite all efforts to spend frivolously, the husband made his wife close the store. 

Do I believe Tom was controlling? Yes. He wouldn't even let her redecorate the house he owned before their marriage. Maybe Erika would've liked a fresh start in a house they'd chosen together. I'll bet a lot of their life was 'his way or the highway' due to the age and wealth gap and Erika went along with it because that was their dynamic. He wanted a trophy wife and she happily obliged. She's able to walk away now the money is gone because she was never truly invested emotionally.    

Do I think she can't keep her story straight? Yes. But she also isn't obligated to explain anything to her co-workers. She probably would've been better off simply telling them it was none of their business. Which it isn't. 

I think everyone has focused on the widows and orphans and the burn victim because it really showcases the evilness of Tom's scam, but yes, he's been stealing settlements, not repaying litigation loans, not paying attorneys/firms who assist in cases, and I can't remember what else, for many many years. I think the total owed by Tom/his firm is now up to $101 million? 

Doesn't a tax write-off on an unprofitable business work for only a few years? I thought there was a time limit on that?

In Erika's book, she goes into great detail over how she restored and remodeled their house and chose everything for it, and that it had been remodeled previously around ten years before she redid it.

I have trouble believing he had her under his thumb just from all of her actions and what she's stated and shown -on tv and off- over the years. I agree she wasn't invested emotionally in him, just his wallet, and YES! She should have said she couldn't talk about anything, but also could have expressed compassion and concern for all Tom's victims.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, izabella said:

I liked Garcelle and Sutton at the hotel together.  They seemed lighthearted with each other, and could probably get up to some fun hijinks on these vacations.  I'd really like to see more of the fun stuff. 

Me too! Sick of all the drama, I want to see fun and friendliness! 

1 hour ago, Feline Goddess said:

He wouldn't even let her redecorate the house he owned before their marriage. Maybe Erika would've liked a fresh start in a house they'd chosen together. I'll bet a lot of their life was 'his way or the highway' due to the age and wealth gap and Erika went along with it because that was their dynamic. He wanted a trophy wife and she happily obliged. She's able to walk away now the money is gone because she was never truly invested emotionally.    

He barely had any furniture when she moved in. She not only redecorated but renovated. She bragged about it in her book, a few magazine stories and some tv appearances showing off the house. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
20 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

If Andy doesn't directly ask Dorit about her racism at the reunion, he isn't doing his job.

That was awful to watch. Garcelle shouldn't have to cry for the rest of the girls to like her.

and many of them thought is was a huge breakthrough and were so happy with themselves.  They should be ashamed of themselves.  

• Love 15

At least Kathy was kind of sticking up for Garcelle and Sutton.

Give me all the Kathy ignoring Dorit/and asking what's the one about a camel in the world, but I think it's pushing it she was sticking up fro Garcelle/Sutton, I think she has been hitting the cues they give her to stir the pot but I think she's just exhausted by the bickering (and I mostly agree when it's elevated to some moral failings instead of being circular bitchery to pay Rinna's mortage). I do think Kathy's legitimately kooky because a non kook doesn't make those dollhead wreaths. 

Sutton/Garcelle are the best and I can tolerate Kyle if we keep Kathy, but christ on the cross get Erika and her cheerleaders Dorit/Rinna/Crystal off my tv. 

• Love 13
8 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I’d Love to see how she’d act if Sutton had the Mean Girl Squad on her side. 

We did see, when everyone pretty much took Sutton’s side on Nakedgate. Everyone criticized Crystal for saying she felt violated and basically said she was exaggerating. Crystal held her own and let Sutton spiral into a tizzy merely by existing. And I’ll never forget that side of Sutton or warm to her, regardless of whether she smells Erika’s BS.

The Mean Girls do seem to now have an established pattern of challenging women of color for their feelings. “you say that, but it’s simply not true.”

Edited by dmeets
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 9/23/2021 at 12:40 AM, Lady of nod said:

Ita. I think when PK said she was in a controlling marriage and was still being controlled he was onto something..

I think he probably was controlling based on previous seasons. I also think she’s totally complicit in many, if not most, of the financial shenanigans. She didn’t mind him being the boss as long as she got to live a certain lifestyle. And he obviously didn’t mind her EJ sideline. And just basically a horrible person based solely on what she’s shown us over the last several seasons. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Me too! Sick of all the drama, I want to see fun and friendliness! 

He barely had any furniture when she moved in. She not only redecorated but renovated. She bragged about it in her book, a few magazine stories and some tv appearances showing off the house. 

I thought she’d said on the show that he wouldn’t let her touch anything. 

5 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

That's the thing, though. She's not obligated to explain it, she's insisting on these explanations--then getting angry that everyone else isn't obligated to accept what she's saying without question. 

She should never have opened that can of worms. Every time she gives a different or embellished story which is usually a sign that someone isn’t being truthful. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, chlban said:

Yep. I sprained my ankle last year. If I had access to a wheelchair I would have used it. Instead I borrowed my neighbors cane until I got the one I ordered from Amazon a couple of days later. Any pressure on it hurt like heck. I knew it wasn't broken and, at the time, Ambulances were waiting hours to offload their patients so an ER was out of the question and I wasn't about to go to a crowded Urgent care, full of people with Covid symptoms, so just keeping weight off it was the treatment.

I had a bad sprain in January and it still bugs me intermittently. My now-26 year old daughter had one a few years ago and still has foot issues. I’m with Sutton. I’d totally be in that chair. Crutches are awkward and uncomfortable and a boot isn’t always recommended. And she did tell Garcelle the doc said to not put weight on it for 6-8 weeks. To me that says ‘no boot’. 

agree with everyone saying their behavior towards Garcelle was gross. Kathy did say ‘yes’, she knows what it’s like to feel different when she walks in a room but when Garcelle said ‘every day?’ she at least said ‘no’. I think she actually got it more than some of these cows. And, ugly as the moment was, taken separately, like if Garcelle hadn’t been bullied into breaking down, it was very moving and thought provoking what she said. It’s too bad it couldn’t have been in the context of a conversation rather than mean girling.

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, lawrbk said:

I think he probably was controlling based on previous seasons.

How do people think Tom was actually 'controlling' when he allowed - and funded to great expense - his wife dressing up like a cheap back alley hooker and patting her puss in public? I mean, predominately gay crowd or not, a controlling husband usually would not allow that shit, let alone fund it.

• Love 23
34 minutes ago, Feline Goddess said:

I thought she’d said on the show that he wouldn’t let her touch anything. 

She should never have opened that can of worms. Every time she gives a different or embellished story which is usually a sign that someone isn’t being truthful. 

She might have? She contradicts herself a lot. 

“About eight years after moving in to Tom’s partially furnished home, we decided it was time to redo the whole house. This would include all the furniture. Tom had been living there since he bought it in the seventies, and it had been bought it in the seventies, and it had been redecorated about ten years before I got there. It looked a lot like the steakhouse Houston’s, with dark, imposing woods and low lighting.
In the previous remodel, the 1920s-era house had been stripped of all its character. Thank God the interior designer left the important parts like the bronze front door that allegedly came off a Spanish galleon, the bronze central staircase, the travertine floors, and Colombian crotch grain mahogany walls. Upstairs were bedrooms—which would be considered small by modern HGTV standards—for the owners of the house, along with servants’ quarters. We redid the upstairs to make the bedrooms larger and added bathrooms. I firmly believe in the saying that the secret to a happy marriage is having separate closets and bathrooms, so those were a must in our house.
When I restored the house, I reintroduced all the great woods, moldings, and Venetian plasters. I imported some really beautiful antique fireplaces and ridiculously gorgeous tiles. I’ve looked at a lot of fucking houses, and you’re going to have to search high and low to beat my finished carpentry. I wasn’t fortunate enough to get the original plans for the house, so I couldn’t restore it fully to the way the architect intended. I had to go with what I thought was best, keeping with the time period and then adding my own signature to it.
It took about a year and a half to renovate the whole house. While construction was taking place, we moved into our Malibu beach house. Now that it’s finished, the house is huge, but it only has three bedrooms: one for me and Tom, one for my son, and one for guests.
That guest room doesn’t get used very often, because I don’t like to have guests. I’ve never been the kind of person to invite a lot of people over to my home. We always entertain at a restaurant, a lounge, or somewhere outside of the house. If someone is invited to my home, it’s a big deal.”

• Useful 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/23/2021 at 1:11 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's kind of weird.  I have a job, but when I hang out with friends or family or people I don't work with, I'm not suddenly confused that I might be at work.

When I go to a party and I don't know people, for instance, that's nothing compared to Garcelle being the only Black person in a room.

When these ladies hang out it IS work for them. This is their job.

Garcelle literally signed up to be the only black person on a HW show. Much different than any of us showing up to a party and being the only "anything" there. 

I remember way back when people mocking a white woman for being a part of an all black cast. I didnt feel bad for her either because she chose what she was walking in to. 

Edited by HotHW
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, chlban said:

But Denise allegedly having sex with another consenting adult was? Right. Hypocrite Erika was all over that just like the rest of the Coven. And please with this controlling husband crap. His wife spent not only money, but a lot if time dressing up even more like a hooker than she normally did and dancing around on stage. He also not only "allowed" her to appear on a TV show that a whole lot of people consider trashy, he appeared on the show himself. 

That's entertainment for these kind of men. The way he spoke to her on camera I have no doubt Tom was in charge and E fell in line in their normal daily life. She earned every stolen penny of her luxurious lifestyle while being married to him IMO. 

And hell, by the time she came on the show he was more than aware of their financial hardships and probably saw the show as a necessary influx of cash. It was a drop on the bucket overall but when trying to keep up appearances, her paycheck at minimum paid for their monthly dinners out. Every nickle counts. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

That's the thing, though. She's not obligated to explain it, she's insisting on these explanations--then getting angry that everyone else isn't obligated to accept what she's saying without question. 

I'm starting to wonder if she is obligated to a point. If I had to guess I would assume EJ would have preferred to sit this season out but Bravo wouldn't let her. This show was on its last leg leading up to this. Her legal trouble bought them at least one more season and they knew it. If she asked to get out of a contract I doubt they would allow it. I'm guessing from that point on her legal team advised her of what to say and what to avoid. She almost sounds scripted sometimes. And she is not a good actress, hence the stories all starting to mesh together. And its happening real time, so she knew what she was told to talk about, but then a media story gets released and throws her for a loop as the cameras are rolling.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So last night I watched/FFed the last three episodes. I'm convinced Erika is trying to do two things with her dramatic, disjointed behavior: 1) establish a timeline for Tom's incompetence so he and she are protected from legal and civil accountability for his/her misdeeds and 2) redirect attention away from her irresponsible behavior (the spending, the tone-deaf social media, etc.) and toward her castmates.

When binge-watched together, these episodes indicate this strategy. And the earlier episodes just add more proof.

Long ago a hapless secretary named Rosemary demonstrated for reporters a clumsy explanation for how she accidentally erased critical minutes of President Nixon's recorded Watergate conversations.

image.png.799cb40312cb1286bfbd314e748680e7.png

Erika's explanations are just as tortured and clumsy.

Oh, and it's funny to watch Crystal's scripted storyline of sparring with Sutton fade into the obscure distance. Crystal's thought bubble is "I've been robbed. "

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 9/23/2021 at 8:54 AM, MMLEsq said:

In my mind, these were Erika's wedding vows:  "I, Erika, take you, Tom, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and hwealth, to love and to cherishtolerate, until we are parted by deathbecause you ran out of money. This is my solemn vow."

Cissy was the older (teenage) sister.  Mrs. Beasley was the doll.

Ah….another lie! Remember how she said she would “hold that man’s hand until the day he died”? The whole damn marriage was a lie, frankly, and we all fell for the May-December BS. Two theiving grifters in search of a scam.

Watching Tom’s scenes, it’s easy to see now how people would trust him with large sums of money. Let that be a cautionary tale to us all. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

She might have? She contradicts herself a lot. 

“About eight years after moving in to Tom’s partially furnished home, we decided it was time to redo the whole house. This would include all the furniture. Tom had been living there since he bought it in the seventies, and it had been bought it in the seventies, and it had been redecorated about ten years before I got there. It looked a lot like the steakhouse Houston’s, with dark, imposing woods and low lighting.
In the previous remodel, the 1920s-era house had been stripped of all its character. Thank God the interior designer left the important parts like the bronze front door that allegedly came off a Spanish galleon, the bronze central staircase, the travertine floors, and Colombian crotch grain mahogany walls. Upstairs were bedrooms—which would be considered small by modern HGTV standards—for the owners of the house, along with servants’ quarters. We redid the upstairs to make the bedrooms larger and added bathrooms. I firmly believe in the saying that the secret to a happy marriage is having separate closets and bathrooms, so those were a must in our house.
When I restored the house, I reintroduced all the great woods, moldings, and Venetian plasters. I imported some really beautiful antique fireplaces and ridiculously gorgeous tiles. I’ve looked at a lot of fucking houses, and you’re going to have to search high and low to beat my finished carpentry. I wasn’t fortunate enough to get the original plans for the house, so I couldn’t restore it fully to the way the architect intended. I had to go with what I thought was best, keeping with the time period and then adding my own signature to it.
It took about a year and a half to renovate the whole house. While construction was taking place, we moved into our Malibu beach house. Now that it’s finished, the house is huge, but it only has three bedrooms: one for me and Tom, one for my son, and one for guests.
That guest room doesn’t get used very often, because I don’t like to have guests. I’ve never been the kind of person to invite a lot of people over to my home. We always entertain at a restaurant, a lounge, or somewhere outside of the house. If someone is invited to my home, it’s a big deal.”

So she actually decorated the place? Looks like a tacky mausoleum. Obviously decorating is another talent Erika lacks.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, blixie said:

Give me all the Kathy ignoring Dorit/and asking what's the one about a camel in the world, but I think it's pushing it she was sticking up fro Garcelle/Sutton, I think she has been hitting the cues they give her to stir the pot but I think she's just exhausted by the bickering (and I mostly agree when it's elevated to some moral failings instead of being circular bitchery to pay Rinna's mortage). I do think Kathy's legitimately kooky because a non kook doesn't make those dollhead wreaths. 

Sutton/Garcelle are the best and I can tolerate Kyle if we keep Kathy, but christ on the cross get Erika and her cheerleaders Dorit/Rinna/Crystal off my tv. 

@blixie, you cracked me up when I read this today!   😂😂😂.  “Circular bitchery” perfectly explains it!   And those creepy doll head wreaths! 😂😂😳😳

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, HotHW said:

That's entertainment for these kind of men. The way he spoke to her on camera I have no doubt Tom was in charge and E fell in line in their normal daily life. She earned every stolen penny of her luxurious lifestyle while being married to him IMO. 

I've no doubt that when Tom was in a room with her, he expected to be in charge. Though still, she had a lot of freedom to go around with her crew and do those shows and build her own reputation there and on the TV show. 

This also reminds me of how Erika was claiming she was working so hard to earn enough money to leave him when her alleged career was a vanity project he was bankrolling.

2 hours ago, HotHW said:

I'm starting to wonder if she is obligated to a point. If I had to guess I would assume EJ would have preferred to sit this season out but Bravo wouldn't let her. This show was on its last leg leading up to this. Her legal trouble bought them at least one more season and they knew it. If she asked to get out of a contract I doubt they would allow it. I'm guessing from that point on her legal team advised her of what to say and what to avoid. She almost sounds scripted sometimes. And she is not a good actress, hence the stories all starting to mesh together. And its happening real time, so she knew what she was told to talk about, but then a media story gets released and throws her for a loop as the cameras are rolling.

Yeah, I can believe she didn't want to back out for breach of contract or something, but still, she could have decided on a policy of "I can't talk about that because of legal issues." She's often introducing stuff herself and then contradicting it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HotHW said:

And hell, by the time she came on the show he was more than aware of their financial hardships and probably saw the show as a necessary influx of cash. It was a drop on the bucket overall but when trying to keep up appearances, her paycheck at minimum paid for their monthly dinners out. Every nickle counts. 

I read somewhere Erika said they (her and Tom)  were just about ready to stop the Erika Jayne show when RHOBH gig came along and basically saved it;  more than the money, Erika loves the celebrity.   I think that's why she will continue on the show, not just for the money (and really none of these women do it for the money right Sutton?) but for the celebrity and social media followers it gets and keeps, which can be lucrative as well - just ask  Rinna. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, HotHW said:

I'm starting to wonder if she is obligated to a point. If I had to guess I would assume EJ would have preferred to sit this season out but Bravo wouldn't let her. This show was on its last leg leading up to this. Her legal trouble bought them at least one more season and they knew it. If she asked to get out of a contract I doubt they would allow it. I'm guessing from that point on her legal team advised her of what to say and what to avoid.

I think Erika would sooner get a tattoo of Sutton on her butt before she'd voluntarily leave the show. This attention is what she's been striving towards - she's not going anywhere unless she's incarcerated (bc Andy isn't going to get rid of her). I truly believe she has ignored any legal advice to remove herself from the show.

2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Oh, and it's funny to watch Crystal's scripted storyline of sparring with Sutton fade into the obscure distance. Crystal's thought bubble is "I've been robbed. "

Crystal really came in loaded for bear but I think her overpriced childlike handbag has gotten more screentime.

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

It's infuriating to watch Kyle and Dorit twist themselves into knots to make sure to say they believe Erika but her stories aren't making sense. They (especially Kyle) really miscalculated how the audience would react to this.

I cannot with Rinna's fakeness. The way she puts her hand to her heart whenever Erika talks about how her life has been ruined. Give me a break.

Also disgusting how they continue to go after Garcelle. I really hope they get raked over the coals at the reunion.

I was thinking Bravo should introduce the Rinna Bobble-head doll, after seeing her nodding her head vigorously at each and every utterance of her bf Erika.  (The doll would, of course, have her hand on her heart and a variety of changeable wigs with silly names.)

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

It's infuriating to watch Kyle and Dorit twist themselves into knots to make sure to say they believe Erika but her stories aren't making sense.

Srsly every time: I BELIEVE Erika is telling the truth, but like also this is all bullshit we see you two moral cowards covering your ass.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 9
On 9/22/2021 at 6:01 PM, bosawks said:

Sure, let’s drag Tom’s family through the mud while we’re at it.

“I’m divorcing him but nobody cares as much as I do!”, shouting from the rooftops.

Said in a much smaller voice, “As long as it doesn’t mean I have any fiscal liability.”

Act of a true fucking sociopath.  I am sure they hate her.  I have a nearly unhealthful hate for women that do this.  Or men.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Heels are NOT her friend! Talk about bow-legged stomping around 😆

I am so glad someone else noticed Kyle’s bowleggedness!  I meant to post something myself.  I also noticed Kathy has the same variation when she was wearing a shorter dress at her dinner party! 

• Love 7
On 9/22/2021 at 9:50 PM, Miss Slay said:

If Andy doesn't directly ask Dorit about her racism at the reunion, he isn't doing his job.

That was awful to watch. Garcelle shouldn't have to cry for the rest of the girls to like her.

No one ever should.  

• Love 12
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

3 hours ago, chick binewski said:
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Crystal really came in loaded for bear but I think her overpriced childlike handbag has gotten more screentime.

😃

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 9/23/2021 at 7:51 AM, Talented Tenth said:

You didn't answer my question though.  I asked you if a co-worker/friend called you a liar what your reaction would be.  I know that you think Erika is a liar, but Erika said she is not. You're still speaking from the perspective of a Sutton instead of how you would feel and what your response would be.  

Sutton didn't even know Erika when Tom originally got in the accident.  Not revealing all of the details of an event doesn't make something a lie.  There are various reasons Erika would have wanted to conceal the seriousness of Tom's accident at the time.  He could have been drunk, could have been high, could have been having a mental episode, etc.  Revealing all of the details at the time would have been very embarrassing for him and Erika and also a cause for concern for co-workers, family, etc.  

None of those women are revealing 100% details about their marriages and relationships.  It's not uncommon for women out of a relationship to reveal things people didn't realize once the relationship is over.  That's not lying -- it's just giving more detail.  Erika downplayed the accident at the time for whatever reason and since she's no longer with Tom, she felt comfortable saying more.  Erika mentioned the accident on the show years ago.  What are people suggesting, that the accident was made up years ago and mentioned on the show in case Tom one day got caught misappropriating and if it happened to become a big story and Erika was still on RHOBH she could add on a brain injury in the hope that the producers would keep it in so the world could hear it in order to accomplish what?

Not the OP but I wouldn't react well however, I would keep my reaction such that it didn't turn into an HR problem FOR ME which in the real world this would have been FOR ERIKA.  Erika threatened her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, chlban said:

So she actually decorated the place? Looks like a tacky mausoleum. Obviously decorating is another talent Erika lacks.

Yes lol And everyone blamed Tom for the dated look and wonky new floor plan 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

It's quite shocking to me that Tom and Ericka's huge mansion ended up with only three bedrooms after her remodeling it, per her own comment.  Who would want to pay $9M for a 3-bedroom house?  Whoever purchases it undoubtedly will remodel it again carving out more bedrooms.

• Love 9

Oh, Sutton….shake the dust from your sandals and move on. You tried and you acted in good faith. None of these women, with the exception of Garcelle and maybe Kathy, is worth one more nanosecond of your life, let alone your time. I get that she’s one of those people who doesn’t like unresolved issues, but Erika is beyond hope at this point. Not. Worth. It.

And here we go…Erika spoiling yet another dinner with her self-inflicted bullshit. Dorit: “I’m relaxed.” Garcelle: “I’m happy.” Deborah Downer: “I’m fearful.” And Kathy, with yet another fucking setup for a blowup. Can these chicks have at least ONE meal in peace? Sutton, stop! Didn’t that conversation with Garcelle register at all? And Dorit. Can she just trademark “Let me finish my thought.”

So much going on at this dinner. As usual.

EDIT: Watching this in bits and pieces for my own sanity.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, chlban said:

Don’t forget the chapel. It’s a wonder a lightning bolt wasn’t sent down from the heavens above to set the whole place on fire.

That room always bothered me, because I sensed no religious or spiritual intent behind it. It was just tacky, IMO.

They also spent tons of stolen money fixing up the pool, which she admitted they never used. 

That mansion screams ostentatious, conspicuous consumption, something I’ve always detested but hate even more now knowing what I know. I truly hope it hits rock bottom in value before it gets an offer. A sale at auction to settle debts would be just fine, too.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Not the OP but I wouldn't react well however, I would keep my reaction such that it didn't turn into an HR problem FOR ME which in the real world this would have been FOR ERIKA.  Erika threatened her.  

This should still be an HR problem for Erika. Bravo should not give this behavior any kind of validation, which it does by keeping her on the show. 

• Love 15
On 9/23/2021 at 10:48 AM, bkathi said:

I don't think you will get an answer to fit your very specific criteria.  I can't imagine there is a women in the world who hasn't felt the sting of someone they thought was a friend who wasn't.  Erica's stories are inconsistent and Sutton called her on it.  She didn't scream at her, snap her teeth or threaten promise she'd regret it.  When Erika told the group she didn't want to talk about  Tom calling her they dropped it.  Not the Garcelle of it all but the T & E of it.  She could have done the same about this.  But she needed to get this dementia/TBI story out there.  

Going through it right now with a coworker I thought was a friend.  And no, you don't threaten them ever. 

• Love 5
On 9/23/2021 at 12:05 PM, chick binewski said:

There is a restriction in every HW contract - they cannot sue each other. Erika had the presence of mind to let Sutton know "someone" could sue her. Presumably she was referring to her feeble, unaware, disbarred husband. 

With what money?  Aren't they broke?  

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Oh, Sutton….shake the dust from your sandals and move on. You tried and you acted in good faith. None of these women, with the exception of Garcelle and maybe Kathy, is worth one more nanosecond of your life, let alone your time. I get that she’s one of those people who doesn’t like unresolved issues, but Erika is beyond hope at this point. Not. Worth. It.

And here we go…Erika spoiling yet another dinner with her self-inflicted bullshit. Dorit: “I’m relaxed.” Garcelle: “I’m happy.” Deborah Downer: “I’m fearful.” And Kathy, with yet another fucking setup for a blowup. Can these chicks have at least ONE meal in peace? Sutton, stop! Didn’t that conversation with Garcelle register at all? And Dorit. Can she just trademark “Let me finish my thought.”

So much going on at this dinner. As usual.

EDIT: Watching this in bits and pieces for my own sanity.

Totally agree. Sutton should let it be. Angry, overly-stabby, fake Erika isn’t worth her time or effort. And if it turns out Sutton was correct in her suspicions (and the only one thrown under the bus for it), she can walk away feeling vindicated. 

At the dinner though, Sutton was set up (again) into a conversation she didn’t actually want to have at that time. I think she was ready to let it be but someone had to say something. The look on Sutton’s face was like “seriously, again, right now?”

And Erika: she demands honesty and straightforwardness but attacks when she’s confronted or questioned. Being a friend of Erika’s would be incredibly stressful, you’d never know when a vicious attack is coming your way.

Erika doesn’t deserve the attention of people she tears down and threatens like she does in her wild-eyed, rabid, pointed attacks. Her overreactions are indicative of something else going on. She’s just scary and mean. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Yes it should.  

I continue to be shocked at what Bravo puts up with/condones as long as Andy and his network keep getting viewers. Off the top of my head:

*Ashton forcing himself on Kate twice (unwanted kisses) and then lunging at her in the van. (Below Deck)

*Joao breaking a wine glass, the shards of which nearly hit Hannah. (Below Deck Med)

* Pete’s predatory comments about women on BDM. Sorry, editing him out of scenes was not good enough, and Sandy’s slap on the wrist was insulting.

* The sexual harassment of Kat and Simone in their seasons by charter guests. BD. Simone’s season, to me, was the very definition of a hostile work environment.

* All the booze-fueled, physical fights on Vanderpump Rules, one of which in my memory drew blood. Also, Stassi’s disturbing fixation on violence and violent imagery.

* And, finally, Erika’s threat that was apparently so bad Sutton didn’t want to repeat it.

Nobody signs up for this kind of storyline. Nobody deserves this. But keep pushing that envelope, Bravo. Maybe a cage fight show is next?

• Love 12

If Tom was declining for years and she was accepting payments for her gig, isn't that elder abuse?

On 9/23/2021 at 11:29 AM, Talented Tenth said:

When I watched the show, I never got the impression she implied Tom was injured by the burglar.  She also made it clear she wasn't 100% sure about what happened.  It's interesting how people can watch the same exact thing and come away with different interpretations.  Confront doesn't not mean physically attack and she didn't connect his hospitalization to any sort of assault or physical contact.  I think there's an eagerness to search for a lie in anything she says by those who are convinced she was complicit in Tom's misappropriation.  I am an accuracy/indisputable proof/logic based person.  I'm not emotionally invested at all.  I cannot say Erika was not complicit but there has been no indisputable proof that she was complicit either.  

I don't think so

On 9/23/2021 at 1:57 PM, JonnieUniteUs said:

Did they drive separately because of the Rona?

And then hung out close together at the hotel, etc?

So eco fiendly!

On 9/23/2021 at 2:58 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Actually, yes. Unfortunately my evil coworker was first a good friend (that I vouched for) when she applied where I worked. I still didn't bare my teeth and make threats promises, even though she made my work life hell for a year.

The New York Times article can't be misconstrued. It's not a tabloid. They have to research and fact check, otherwise they could get sued.

Wait, now she knows how to use a bank again? 😂  I love your whole post, and also RealityPlease's. Great info!

The NYT is propaganda as much as anything else. 

On 9/23/2021 at 3:36 PM, CatMomma said:

I'm sure she was prescribed a higher dosage of something like motrin or naproxen. No way any reputable doctor would prescribe an opioid for a sprained ankle. 

I would. It hurts like hell.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

I continue to be shocked at what Bravo puts up with/condones as long as Andy and his network keep getting viewers. Off the top of my head:

*Ashton forcing himself on Kate twice (unwanted kisses) and then lunging at her in the van. (Below Deck)

*Joao breaking a wine glass, the shards of which nearly hit Hannah. (Below Deck Med)

Ramona actually threw a wine glass at Kristin's head on RHONY as well.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

Watching those women goad Garcelle into breaking down in order to get into their good favor was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. Rinna was only going to be happy if Garcelle was made vulnerable in front of the group. She was so gleeful watching Garcelle’s pain. Words cannot describe how sick that woman is, and the fact that the others (sans Suttton) thought it was beautiful and not horrifying shows how small, petty and revolting they truly are. The look of disgust on Sutton’s face as it all went down was priceless. She knows Rinna is pure evil.

Do you remember last season when Rinna said "you're so angry" with a smirk to Denise? She also seemed to enjoy stressing her out and pushing her out of the group. 

• Love 19