Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Del Mar by the Shade

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I like Kathy and hope there was a reason for that (like protecting privacy of the employee), but if she just doesn't bother to learn the names of the people who work for her, ew. 

I thought of that myself and tried to give Cathy the benefit of the doubt, the lady be undocumented. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I have no reason to believe that Erika is telling the truth that no one in Tom's family is helping him.  His brother is conservator, so he, at least, is there for him.  I think she is projecting that they don't care about him because he is broke.  It is Erika who only cares about his money, without caring where he got it from.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Glama said:

I just started watching the episode and haven't read your comments. But these girls are now all going somewhere, everyone in their own car. I sure hope they aren't going to drive on any switchback roads!! Imagine the wreckage! And counting how many times each car flips over. How did Bravo let them go in their cars?!?

And what if it starts snowing in Del Mar???  Imagine the trauma!

1 hour ago, Glama said:

On a lighter note, Kyle's short black skirt with the blingy strings at the bottom looked like a lampshade. 

Reminiscent of "A Christmas Story."  Too bad Kyle wasn't wearing fishnet stockings!

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

Was that co-worker also professing to be your friend?  In my original question, I did specify co-worker/friend.  I think it's unreasonable for people to expect Erika to sit there and take being called a liar by someone who says they're her friend which is a character assassination.  At that time, social media was eating Erika up, there were new stories coming out every day and there were a lot of legalities going on with her.  Of course she was going to be upset at being ambushed and being called a liar when she said she is not.  What needs to be clear is that whatever Sutton or anyone else believes or thinks is not necessarily a fact.  Sutton can think Erika's a liar but when Erika asked what the lie was, Sutton had no answer.  Unless there is indisputable proof, she shouldn't have been called a liar.  Speculations, hunches, and misconstrued articles aren't proof.

I don't think you will get an answer to fit your very specific criteria.  I can't imagine there is a women in the world who hasn't felt the sting of someone they thought was a friend who wasn't.  Erica's stories are inconsistent and Sutton called her on it.  She didn't scream at her, snap her teeth or threaten promise she'd regret it.  When Erika told the group she didn't want to talk about  Tom calling her they dropped it.  Not the Garcelle of it all but the T & E of it.  She could have done the same about this.  But she needed to get this dementia/TBI story out there.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I realize she’s good for ratings but not for my blood pressure.  I hope Erika is gone next season.  I never liked her. Now I cannot stand the woman! 

Lets get back to narcissistic ‘rich’ airheads and their petty arguments.

That's not happening unless Ericka chooses not to return,  because Andy loves Ericka Jane !

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

When the string of black SUVs set out, I had to smile because my evil little brain visualized them all  tumbling down the cliff and Erika watching from the cliff top counting the number of flips.

Did they drive separately because of the Rona?

And then hung out close together at the hotel, etc?

• LOL 7

Who would have thought?  Last week, PK was the MVP and voice of reason.   This week, Kathy is making me laugh and I really appreciate her scenes.  

I thought my ex-husband could tell some whoppers when it came to lies but I think Erika's got him beat.  And did she get her medical degree while working that pole or on the side when she wasn't being Erika Jayne?  While I have heard it's not a good idea to be put under with a TBI, I'm fairly certain the doctors would know that too.  And despite Erika apparently knowing everything that is going on with Tom (including the plethora of car accidents and vehicle rolls), now she's saying that Tom could have been shot, stabbed, etc., she just doesn't know?  I mean, I understand by looking at Erika that no one has ever told her that less is more but that saying would certainly be relevant in her rehashings of the many pitfalls of Tom and Erika.  Girl, bye.  

I've been to Del Mar but never traveled like these women.  So jealous.  What gorgeous suites.  I did snort with laughter at Garcelle saying if she saw two twins in the hallway, she was out!  

What is the deal with them constantly picking on Garcelle?  I think they're intimidated by her (well, except maybe for Kathy) because Garcelle truly generally has no fucks to give.  Take that, Erika. 

Upthread Big Kathy was mentioned.  Seriously, worst mother ever.  Bad enough she was letting Kyle drive around L.A. at 13 but she turned the sisters against each other for years.  What a miserable woman.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, byrd said:

That's not happening unless Ericka chooses not to return,  because Andy loves Ericka Jane !

The thing is, there is no more Erika Jayne since she no longer has widows, orphans and burn victims to pay for her vanity hobby.  So all he is left with is Erika, who is threatening promising to go after the other women with lawsuits. 

That used to be a big no-no on this show, going back to when Russell was threatening to sue people and Kyle wouldn't even let Russell and Taylor into her house for a party because of it.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 21
7 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

But didn't Erika flat out say that she didn't know of any other women at one point and then, later, completely reversed that position and claimed she'd known about other women for years...?

Yes, she did.  To me, that is the most obvious lie, and it's all on camera.  She lied to Garcelle when she asked her if there was another woman, and Erika said not to her knowledge.  Later, she tells the group of women that she knew Tom was cheating when she looked at his phone way back back when Yolanda got her divorce from her husband for cheating on her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
16 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I was ALL IN with Sutton until she went all baby in the wheelchair thing.  That ankle is not even broken!  Stop it girl. You are a wussie.

If I remember correctly, she said in her talking head that the doctor told her not to put any weight on her foot for a whole week. She did have crutches, but I'm sure the wheelchair  was way quicker.

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, izabella said:

I have no reason to believe that Erika is telling the truth that no one in Tom's family is helping him.  His brother is conservator, so he, at least, is there for him.  I think she is projecting that they don't care about him because he is broke.  It is Erika who only cares about his money, without caring where he got it from.

I wasn't claiming that Erika was being honest in her critiques of his family. That's why I put quotes around the word "help." But I do think she cares about him and is frustrated she can't help him herself. Unfortunately, that was a choice she made and she's going to have to live with it. What I don't really believe is that she left him because he was so cold and neglectful towards her. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

I was thinking about Erika's stories and how one characteristic that always stands out is how she's always prepared with details that are bizarre or horrifying, but vague on mundane stuff. Like she knows how many times her son's car flipped, but when asked if he doesn't live in Pasadena (by Kyle, who's trying to support her) she says "further out." She doesn't just automatically give the place where he lives which would make it obvious why there's snow. I can't even remember what she said in response to Kyle asking how her son was after this horrible accident--we haven't seen her mention how that recovery's going.

This is very true and another thing I find especially maddening to watch. Erika sounds like Brooks describing cancer.  Or Sheree trying to inform us when her joggers will be coming out.

It makes me miss former cast members like LVP, Camille and Adrienne even more bc their talking heads would be filled with them doing their best Steve Kornacki impressions trying to suss out where Erika's stories are going to land.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

Was that co-worker also professing to be your friend?  In my original question, I did specify co-worker/friend.  I think it's unreasonable for people to expect Erika to sit there and take being called a liar by someone who says they're her friend which is a character assassination.  At that time, social media was eating Erika up, there were new stories coming out every day and there were a lot of legalities going on with her.  Of course she was going to be upset at being ambushed and being called a liar when she said she is not.  What needs to be clear is that whatever Sutton or anyone else believes or thinks is not necessarily a fact.  Sutton can think Erika's a liar but when Erika asked what the lie was, Sutton had no answer.  Unless there is indisputable proof, she shouldn't have been called a liar.  Speculations, hunches, and misconstrued articles aren't proof.

Actually, yes. Unfortunately my evil coworker was first a good friend (that I vouched for) when she applied where I worked. I still didn't bare my teeth and make threats promises, even though she made my work life hell for a year.

The New York Times article can't be misconstrued. It's not a tabloid. They have to research and fact check, otherwise they could get sued.

12 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Erika's mouth writes checks her ass can't cash. Actually, her hand writes checks her bank can't cash, so..

Wait, now she knows how to use a bank again? 😂  I love your whole post, and also RealityPlease's. Great info!

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
47 minutes ago, izabella said:

The thing is, there is no more Erika Jayne since she no longer has widows, orphans and burn victims to pay for her vanity hobby.  So all he is left with is Erika, who is threatening promising to go after the other women with lawsuits. 

That used to be a big no-no on this show, going back to when Russell was threatening to sue people and Kyle wouldn't even let Russell and Taylor into her house for a party because of it.

There is a restriction in every HW contract - they cannot sue each other. Erika had the presence of mind to let Sutton know "someone" could sue her. Presumably she was referring to her feeble, unaware, disbarred husband. 

• Useful 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

Oh dementia.  How convenient.

Rinna’s rags on her head and bucket hats stink.

Erika has zero dollars?  Where’s the 20 million?    Her voice.  Monotone.  So sick of it.  Is her career over .. I hope?

They all got dressed up for dinner at the hotel like they were going to the Academy Awards.  Soooo over the top.

I just love Garcelle the most, Sutton next.  That’s all.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I was ALL IN with Sutton until she went all baby in the wheelchair thing.  That ankle is not even broken!  Stop it girl. 

Sprains can be terrible, sometimes worse than breaks. I’ve had both sprains and breaks, and the worst sprain I had was playing tennis when I was 17. My track coach was furious because we were destined to go to the state meet and it didn’t heal in time (6 weeks later). 

That injury still gives me trouble as a distance runner today. My breaks aren’t nearly as bothersome. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 13
57 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

If I remember correctly, she said in her talking head that the doctor told her not to put any weight on her foot for a whole week. She did have crutches, but I'm sure the wheelchair  was way quicker.

Who drinks alcohol with pain killers?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Sprains can be terrible, sometimes worse than breaks. I’ve had both sprains and breaks, and the worst sprain I had was playing tennis when I was 17. My track coach was furious because we were destined to go to the state meet and it didn’t heal in time (6 weeks later). 

That injury still gives me trouble as a distance runner today. My breaks aren’t nearly as bothersome. 

So true!  I had a very bad sprain after tripping over my dog.  My doctor told me a break would be less painful.  I used crutches for a few weeks, wore the big bulky boot, and it took about 9 months to be able to walk on grass, or any uneven surfaces without pain.  Unbelievably painful!

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I assumed the hospital gave her the prescription pain killers.  Maybe not.

I'm sure she was prescribed a higher dosage of something like motrin or naproxen. No way any reputable doctor would prescribe an opioid for a sprained ankle. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Erika really made me mad, (I'll tell her that to her face and not fear being sued, I can pay my lawyers, lol). Her speaking about nursing/memory care facilities in such a broad stroke made me think she has no idea what she is talking about.   Health care in the home or in patient is costly, I spent $100,000+ in six months, ($20,000/month), for in home care for my father, 24/7 and that was with for CNA's not even RN's or LPN's...he started to need more medical care and I decided to move him to the nursing facility so he could have a higher level of nursing care, it was only $13,000 a month, I felt like we all got a raise.  

In other news, when Garcelle asked the table if they have ever felt like "the only one" in a situation and Kathy nods and says yes I just about did a spit take, the wealthy, blonde white woman felt like "the only one?" Where, when, How?  Who is she kidding?  Where does Kathy go that is not in her bubble?

I really like Garcelle, the women all hugging her and such was awkward, not sure she enjoyed that sort of attention but at least for a few moments nobody was pushing her to tell the truth about whatever.

Rinna is a nightmare of a friend, own it, tell the truth, own it, tell the truth...she makes the Spanish Inquisition look like a sorority hazing. 

Was Crystal there?

The second Kathy said Sound Bath my mind went to the Kardashians, I was trying to Google their baby shower and then Kathy mentioned it, so funny, such BS, Kathy didn't meditate, she slept!  Kathy inviting the ladies back to her suite for coffee was funny, you know she has the night time hours of a nocturnal animal and wanted company, the ladies were like, no thanks! Poor Kyle, she probably got a nocturnal visit complete with a bag of chips and a news paper.

Dorit blathers so much.

I will start a Go Fund Me so we can have a Primetimer meet up at the Fairmount Del Boca Vista Del Mar.

Agreed! The Grandmother stuff didn’t make sense considering how much Erika went on and on about her in her book. With the resources she had at the time there is no way she would let her beloved Grandmother who had Alzheimer’s stay in a bad facility. 
If I had known how good in patient care can be I probably would’ve saved a lot of money. 

That is a wonderful Go Fund Me! Yes we need that! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Well agree, but  Andy has already stated publicly that as long as Ericka wishes to continue with the show , she can ! Ericka Jayne, Ericka Giradi , Erick whatever, she's not leaving unless she goes to jail , she needs those coins. After all she's the storyline for this season unfortunately. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, byrd said:

Well agree, but  Andy has already stated publicly that as long as Ericka wishes to continue with the show , she can ! Ericka Jayne, Ericka Giradi , Erick whatever, she's not leaving unless she goes to jail , she needs those coins. After all she's the storyline for this season unfortunately. 

Then Andy can enjoy ever-declining ratings.  This season started at .95 million for the first episode and hasn't gone above 1.29 million for any episode, while last year, ratings were between 1.35 and 1.7 million during the season.

• Useful 7
  • Love 6

Just started watching this (had to DVR it), and already two observations:

1) Who the hell needs that many SHOES?

2) Dorit is the type of person who, if you’re on the phone with them, you could put the phone down, go about your business and come back, and she’d still be talking nonstop, oblivious. I think that’s what Kathy wanted to do while packing, if the video wasn’t on.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

The thing is, there is no more Erika Jayne since she no longer has widows, orphans and burn victims to pay for her vanity hobby. 

Well thank the baby jesus! I guess this is our silver lining, assuming we can't get rid of her stank ass next season?  At least no more Erika Jayne, thank god.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Did they drive separately because of the Rona?

And then hung out close together at the hotel, etc?

I was thinking that but mostly because the production crew probably didn't want to be in a vehicle for any length of time with them.  They did the same thing going to La Quinta.    Not sure why they needed to be one to a car except their ridiculous amount of luggage. 

2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Ah but did you go on vacation to the beach with your friends or did you stay home and heal?  Also, Sutton has sadly passed the age she can wear ridiculously high heels with her spindely little ankles. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I’ll gladly call Erika a liar. I think by the use of “allegedly” when talking about Tom’s “head injury” (or “TBI,” for all us medical ignoamuses out here), I think she knows she’s fucked up. I found it funny that both Dorit and Kyle (not the two sharpest stillettos in the BH) picked up on that really important word right away. “What does that even MEAN?” screeches Kyle — it means she’s backpedaling and covering her pretty ass. 

She did indeed lie — and is still lying. She told Kyle then he broke his ankle and that he was “fine.”  Her saying now she had been witnessing his decline for “years”? Cue the footage of Tom charming the pants off the women JUST LAST YEAR, and doing a damn good John Wayne impression to boot. If she thinks that by demanding everybody to just shut up because she and she alone knows the truth…LMFAO that she thinks she can quash the story and the questions just because she says so. Will that be her attitude with plaintiffs’ attorneys, or maybe prosecutors? 

Disgusted at the pile on of the absent Sutton. She calls with a health update and not two seconds after she ends the call Dorit asks Erika how she feels about being called a liar by Sutton. Why? What the fuck does that have to do with anything NOW, other than to stab Sutton in the back AGAIN and kiss more of that pretty ass? Dorit, you hosted the confab where Sutton laid out her case; you listened to it and agreed; and now you’re having your own doubts. Just wish Sutton well and STFU. Are none of them capable of even that? Erika’s attitude during the call was so predictable. It would be that way even without this all shit going on. But her reaction, really, is the same as mine when she starts in on her “Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen” schtick. (And Erika, given Tom’s TBI, is a baseball bat to the head the best analogy you can come up with?)

And ladies, Garcelle actually works. At a real job. Which is why she just can’t drop everything and go to La Jolla or Del Mar or wherever-the-hell. So stop with the dismissive attitude, and thank you all for proving Garcelle’s point.

23 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I had this happen and no I didn't act like a snarling bitch and show my teeth, I just said they were wrong and left it at that. I think people who act like Erika are guilty as hell. Innocent people don't act like they are going to tear people's throats out.

Well, the truth is whatever SHE says it is. So who can argue with that? SMDH.

• Love 21
19 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I hope Tom isn’t reading some of these comments.  He could have an attack of the glaucoma and end up in the emergency room.

And I hope he isn’t driving himself there along a road full of switchbacks….

• LOL 12
7 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

You didn't answer my question though.  I asked you if a co-worker/friend called you a liar what your reaction would be.  I know that you think Erika is a liar, but Erika said she is not. You're still speaking from the perspective of a Sutton instead of how you would feel and what your response would be.  

So we’re to just believe Erika because she says so? When facts and her attitude/demeanor is saying otherwise? Sutton has raised good questions that Erika has been dodging all season. 

Forgotten in all of this — AGAIN — is everybody Tom, and by extension Erika, cheated so that they could live the good life. I have 0 concern and sympathy for her.

• Love 18
20 hours ago, SassyCat said:

I don’t know , but I am getting little vibes of hopefulness for Crystal and her future as a better human, friend, to the girls who aren’t complete asshats. If she would just stop being afraid of what the big bullys thought about her and acted more from a gut, true to her own self place of expressing her thoughts she may be able to redeem herself in the eyes of the viewers. If shes got eyes, ears and a brain, then she should know who the real idiots are who sit all around her at any table they are at.

Crystal who? Oh wait, was she in this episode? 😏😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

To state that the Ghiradi's lifestyle was soley funded by money stolen from widows and orphans would suggest that particular case was Tom's only source of income. Maybe he's been skimming for years, but that case is the one everyone's focusing on. 

Lots of wealthy husbands invest in the wive's vanity project - often as a tax write-off. My mother worked in a boutique that was established for the sole purpose of doing that. When it started turning a profit despite all efforts to spend frivolously, the husband made his wife close the store. 

Do I believe Tom was controlling? Yes. He wouldn't even let her redecorate the house he owned before their marriage. Maybe Erika would've liked a fresh start in a house they'd chosen together. I'll bet a lot of their life was 'his way or the highway' due to the age and wealth gap and Erika went along with it because that was their dynamic. He wanted a trophy wife and she happily obliged. She's able to walk away now the money is gone because she was never truly invested emotionally.    

Do I think she can't keep her story straight? Yes. But she also isn't obligated to explain anything to her co-workers. She probably would've been better off simply telling them it was none of their business. Which it isn't. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, chlban said:

Erika's line last night "wanna know who your friends are? Get old and go broke", infuriated me. Erika, you lying hooker without a heart, Tom isn't being shunned for "going broke" or for getting old. He is a thief and stole money from widows and orphans that trusted him. You are still flaunting his money on TV weekly and here's a news flash, you witch, the rest of us mortals are having a little trouble with your "poor me" crap, while you are  living In a lovely home,driving a Range Rover when you aren't using a driver,and still employing someone to apply your make-up and an assistant. And WTH do you need an assistant for anyway? To scope out rich old men? Because other than selling your body so you could get a rich old guy to finance the utterly ridiculous Erika Jayne persona WHAT have you ever done? We do not feel sorry for you, scumbag. We detest you more each passing week. 

Hope Erika lives to appreciate the words of Oscar Wilde: "When I was young I thought money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is". I relish the thought of reading someday she is living in some hovel, still snarling like Norma Desmond, with all the injectables she pumped into her face and plumped up her lips with migrated to her gut.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Erika bringing Tiago so she’ll have an excuse not to share a room. LOL. Dog vacations better than I do. 

7 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Hope Erika lives to appreciate the words of Oscar Wilde: "When I was young I thought money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is". I relish the thought of reading someday she is living in some hovel, still snarling like Norma Desmond, with all the injectables she pumped into her face and plumped up her lips with migrated to her gut.

“Ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille!”

• LOL 3
  • Love 2