Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Del Mar by the Shade

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Definitely. I don't know if Big Kathy was too focused on the older sisters, but Kyle said she was even driving herself at 13. It's so confusing. Kathy and possibly Kim were spoiled (for a working kid anyway), but a tiny Kyle was driving barely out of elementary school?!

I read a biography that included information about Big Kathy and that woman was a piece of work.  Yes, we heard about Kyle driving at 13 and she said the mother would wake her up at dawn to drive somewhere to watch a sunrise.  She seemed to go from man to man and used her children for the paycheck.  No wonder Kathy was afraid of what would come out in Kyle’s show.

• Useful 10
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I read a biography that included information about Big Kathy and that woman was a piece of work.  Yes, we heard about Kyle driving at 13 and she said the mother would wake her up at dawn to drive somewhere to watch a sunrise.  She seemed to go from man to man and used her children for the paycheck.  No wonder Kathy was afraid of what would come out in Kyle’s show.

Big Kathy seems like a true narcissist who valued her appliances children for the functions they provided - Kathy for the mirror, Kim for the money, and Kyle for whatever needed to be done.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 14

Rinna sounded real bitchy when Sutton called the girls at the beach after she had gotten out from her Drs appointment “instructing” her to go to the hotel and meet with them later. 
What if Sutton was going to try and catch them at the beach before they left it? Rinna just sounded so bossy and like she didn’t want Sutton to even try to join them there. Who is she to speak to her in that tone with those instructions without even hearing what Sutton was planning? That rubbed me the wrong way. I cant stand that Rinna. 

I don’t know , but I am getting little vibes of hopefulness for Crystal and her future as a better human, friend, to the girls who aren’t complete asshats. If she would just stop being afraid of what the big bullys thought about her and acted more from a gut, true to her own self place of expressing her thoughts she may be able to redeem herself in the eyes of the viewers. If shes got eyes, ears and a brain, then she should know who the real idiots are who sit all around her at any table they are at.

Trying to better her friendships with Sutton and Garcelle may be the smartest and most rewarding in the long run, instead of fearfully backing bully behaviour because shes mistaking that for strength, and hierarchy. Shes mistaken on who the really cool girls are. The cool ones are the ones who don’t make you feel fearful about expressing what you really think. I never liked Crystal, so I don’t know why I’m  feeling this hope for her to come around to the sane side of things with this group, but I’m seeing little flickers of her true thoughts come out in her facial expressions that give me this hope for her.

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The reason that Erika is upset that Tom's brother has been named his conservator is that she now  knows the money train has come to a halt.

Let's hope this fool and her access to widows' and orphans' money are now parted.

• Love 22

Oh my! Kyle sure is brave in her TH's. She needs to be more careful before she gets OR WHAT-ed8E99C0CB-3524-405E-A66E-62838F45C873.gif.d6803d78bb8756c002a5691c48813c84.gif 

Ugh for Dorit and Rinna. They have beaten the 'honest' and 'own it' horse so much, that it's just paste now. I could not be friends (or "friends") with people who just cannot move past anything at all. They need to pick up a thesaurus and also stop being so darn hypocritical. They're exhausting!

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
15 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

So, in addition to Erica being an expert in oh sooooo many areas - law, anesthesia, head trauma, physics (in reference to rolled automobiles), dressing like a blow up sex doll, and overall general cuntiness- now she is an expert in the proper care of Alzheimer’s patients.

I can't remember (Alzheimer's maybe. Lol) the last time I have hated someone as much as EriKunt. The only people I reserve hatred for are pedophiles and animal abusers. I think EriKunt just opened up a new part of my cold dark heart of hate. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

If Tom will be relegated to receive “subpar” care from the same state-run facilities that Tom’s victims have to settle for, then karmic justice has been meted out. 

I'd like to see him living in a cardboard box behind a dumpster. 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, laprin said:

Kathy knows her name. She clearly didn’t want her name on camera. Notice they didn’t show her face when she came with the bag. Other employees of Kathy have been seen on camera. Maybe this woman is very private or an undocumented immigrant. 

Exactly what I was thinking.  

And, Kathy did not want anyone to know this.

I'm not a big fan of Kathy - I find her vacuous, extremely entitled and rather ignorant of anyone or anything that doesn't specifically affect her life.  Or else, she is just playing at being an uninformed, spoiled rich lady.  

She doesn't even know how to plug in a fan or open a bottle of wine?   Give me a fucking break!!!!  She can't be that ignorant.  She really was not "to the manor born" - she wasn't uber rich until she married Rick Hilton.

• Love 22

During the dinner on the terrace, did anyone else want to lift up the table and watch Kyle and Rinna  go over the balustrade?

I recently watched an episode of Family Affair with Kathy playing a girl in Buffy’s girl club.  Drama ensued.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

The greatest telephone call in the history of the franchise was Kathy Hilton's complete lack of interest in anything Dorit was saying.  It was a true sublime moment.

However, that being said, Kathy not having any idea what the woman on her staff's name is was pretty fucking disgusting.

So Kathy had the highlight and the lowlight of the episode.

EDIT: In retrospect, it would have been amazing if Kathy also didn't remember Dorit's name.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Lassus said:

However, that being said, Kathy not having any idea what the woman on her staff's name is was pretty fucking disgusting.

So Kathy had the highlight and the lowlight of the episode.

I’m thinking ‘The Lady’ was a Bravo employee and not one of hers personally, so she might not have known the name? 

• Useful 9
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Pattycake2 said:

During the dinner on the terrace, did anyone else want to lift up the table and watch Kyle and Rinna  go over the balustrade?

I recently watched an episode of Family Affair with Kathy playing a girl in Buffy’s girl club.  Drama ensued.

Buffy, Uncle Bill, Cissy and Mr. French!  And, the creepy little brother.  Don’t remember who he was…. Haven’t thought about that show in a long, long time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

If anyone else was coveting Kathy's tote and Kyle's tote and matching suitcase, you can get them here:

https://www.lilyandbean.co.uk/products/design-your-own-canvas-weekender-bag-jumbo-soft-fawn-bag?sscid=91k5_ouqjg&

Compared to some of their other handbags/luggage, this is definitely in the more affordable end of the spectrum - I'm surprised they both are using something that is probably very inexpensive to them.

I absolutely loved them, and may be making a purchase soon!!  

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Axie said:

Buffy, Uncle Bill, Cissy and Mr. French!  And, the creepy little brother.  Don’t remember who he was…. Haven’t thought about that show in a long, long time.

Creepy little brother was Jody! I loved that show! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, charliesan said:

I’d seriously watch a show with just Garcelle and Sutton #teamsuttele 

And I watched this episode thinking I'd watch the heck out of a show with Kathy and Sutton....two really rich bitches bumbling through life. Show us how they really vacation. How many staff they have around them all the time. One of their shopping sprees together. That's some reality tv I could get into. 

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I wish I could like your post 1,000!!!  

I watched my mother with dementia (Lewy's Boday dementia) slowly deteriorate.  She was in a beautiful, well-maintained assisted living facility.  When she started to need more care, she was moved to their memory-care unit, where she received top notch, appropriate care.  All of this happened while she was on Medicaid, so Erika can lose me with "well, you know what happens to people in a facility."  Yes, there was the occasional slip in care - it happens in the best and worst of places - someone just needs to be on top of things so they are taken care of, which means that SOMEONE needs to be present for the patient!!!  Just because someone is in a facility, does not mean that they will be drooling, soiled diapered, dirty people, drugged to max and waiting for Geraldo Rivera to show up for another "Willowbrook" mental hospital expose.  

Tom paid for Erika's grandmother's care in the facility she was in?  What kind of facility was it, and if Erika is so horrified now about the care her grandmother received, why didn't she do something about it then?  How about taking her grandmother out of the place that was sooo bad, bring her to Pasadena on the private jet and hire round the clock care for her?  How often did Erika or her Mom go and visit with her grandmother?  How often did someone check on her?  Or, was Erika too fucking busy being "Mrs. Girardi/Erika Jayne" to give a shit about the ONE person who mattered most to her???  

I think that if Tom is, indeed, admitted permanently into a care facility, he will be well cared for and well tended to.  His family (brother, or children) will be sure of that, as they probably do not want additional negative publicity about their family.  

I agree with both you and @BusyOctober about memory care, and was wondering the same thing about the quality of the facility E’s grandma was in.  My mom also died from Alzheimer’s and was in a lovely facility with caring people.  Ericka acted like all these memory care centers are something out of “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.”   

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Gee Erica, if you were just telling the truth why do you threaten people if they don't agree with things you say? Hmm

If a co-worker/friend called you a liar how would you take it?  I'm seriously curious.  I'm not sure how people expected Erika to act when being told someone is attacking her character.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Andi27 said:

So now Erika has been raising red flags about Tom's mental capacity 'for years' but no one would listen to her?

Wouldn't Tom's law partners know better if his mental capacity was affected after the car accident in 2017 ?

They showed a clip of him in 2020 talking about John Wayne to the other housewives. He seemed to be fine when they filmed that segment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  

And, Kathy did not want anyone to know this.

I'm not a big fan of Kathy - I find her vacuous, extremely entitled and rather ignorant of anyone or anything that doesn't specifically affect her life.  Or else, she is just playing at being an uninformed, spoiled rich lady.  

She doesn't even know how to plug in a fan or open a bottle of wine?   Give me a fucking break!!!!  She can't be that ignorant.  She really was not "to the manor born" - she wasn't uber rich until she married Rick Hilton.

Right.  The clue that neither was “to the manor born” was their reaction to the presidential suite.  Over the top, acting like they had never seen anything so nice.

of course, Kyle seems to really live in a house with pink lights in the foyer, so…..

• Love 7