Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: The Adirondacks

• Start Topic

Man, I wish we could attach a poll to this thread.  What do you think it's going to be people?  Will the wedding go through or not?  I'm going with "yes" but that's just because I like Kevin and Madison together.  Guess we'll find out in a few hours.

• Love 3

I'm voting for the Madison and Kevin nuptials to go through.  Let those two crazy kids figure it all out while they raise their two kids in an intact home.  That would also hopefully prevent any more Sophie and/or Zoe popups.  I don't want it, but sometimes I suspect they're stuck on Kevin and Sophie being endgame, complete with third time's the charm hokiness.  I doubt Kevin would dump Madison at the altar, but there is a chance Madison has second thoughts about actual marriage now, but stay a couple.  Everyone dances at the reception!

• Love 6

OMG my cable died and I thought I wasn't going to be able to watch! Thank god for the Optimum app! 

No, Kevin. No.

The Princess Bride Marriage GIF

"No movie quotes." Hmm...maybe they are meant to be...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

It doesn’t matter to me either way. I’m just so over last minute realizations that someone can’t go through with it......so overdone.  If it starts to go that direction, I’ll change the channel.  I have no desire to see that.  If u cancel....do it at least one hour before the ceremony.  Twenty-four hours would have been nice. 

I’m not in the mood for old Jack.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7

So Kate took the job without discussing it with Toby.

Now she's quitting the job without discussing it with Toby.

And the guy who didn't want to hire her won't let her quit because she's so super special.

And did Toby really need to tell her about the job offer on Kevin's wedding day? Were they expecting an answer that quickly that it couldn't wait until the next day?

• Love 22

They were sort of leading into Madison wouldn’t go through with it because she sees Kevin loves her but isn’t in love with her for a little while so it wasn’t a surprise.

The show already implied that Toby was without Kate 10 years into the future and I suspected that the job would come into play, but I have to say, my sister and I GASPED that Kate marries the cranky British guy (granted 5 years later as Kevin said he was 45.) 

And it seems in 5 years Kevin revives his dad’s business and leaves acting behind. And Randall becomes a rising star in something. Nicky puts on weight and Rebecca…is nowhere to be seen. Eep.

COVID messed up the best laid plans even for this and with 2 less episodes, I’m sure we will eventually find out what had to be cut out. But It made for an uneven season.

18 episodes left. Make them count, Fogelman. See you in 2022!

• Love 22

So the job only has Toby in San Fran 3 days a week? If he's pulling in same or more than what he is making at his last job it's not actually a bad gig.  He can stay in the city for those 3 days a week and then go back home for the rest of the week. That's still 4 days a week at home and with Kate and the kids.
It's nice how Malek got into all these Ivy League schools but how the hell is he going to pay for Harvard. I know there are scholarships but still... it's not like it will be a full ride.
At least Rebecca acknowledged the fact that she did wrong by Randall and she never talked to him about being adopted or his birth parents.
I was worried that Kevin was going to take a drink due to the wedding stress. I do feel bad for Madison but I do think these two crazy kids can make a go of it if Madison didn't put so much stock in the in love aspect. People get married for even less than what they have.

So we got a future scene. Randall is a rising star. Nicky's wife wanted stockings. It's 5 years in the future. Madison is still with them. And Kate is getting married to that British guy? What the fuck?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

Glad it was Madison who called it off...and didn't wait until they got to the altar.

Flash forward (5 years ahead, apparently): Huh. Not sure how I feel about that development.

Guess the speculation that Toby is alone in the flash forwards was correct...so the long distance thing didn't work out so well?

• Love 7

I knew that Madison and Kevin wouldn’t go through with it. 

Ugh, I hated this British guy in A Million Little Things and I hate him here.  Toby got on my last nerves at first but come on. Definitely didn’t see Kate remarrying though, so there’s that. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, CleoCaesar said:

I absolutely loathed the British guy on Modern Family. Having him be on the next season is going to grate.

barely remember from MF, but he was unforgettable in ‘you’re the worst.’

• Love 5

Yeah, that ending was shocking. I thought that Kate and Toby might get divorced. I just never considered her remarrying, especially not to her boss who rejected her resignation because he didn't like it. Seriously, I hate douchebags like that. Saying that you reject her resignation won't stop her from leaving if she wanted to!

Madison backing out is no surprise. It makes sense, since Kevin was trying to make it work for reasons that wouldn't have caused their marriage to last.

We had some nice family moments, so there's that. We had Tess apologize for her bratty behaviour, which is good. And we have Malik going off to Harvard. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Well I wasn’t expecting that! Poor Toby but I’m definitely intrigued. From the looks of it I think Madison and Kevin are together by this 5 year mark. Or I think Kevin is getting married to the British dude’s sister in this future timeline and Kate’s renewing vows or something. Either way, good episode. 

edited to add: I also think it could be that the Brit guy is Madison’s brother. Her mom did have a British accent. It would be soapy but I could see it. Lol I just want those crazy kids to get together. She gets and accepts Kevin in a way that most don't and I think he does love her but needs time. They were rushing it for the babies but I think they will find their way to each other by that future 5 year mark. 

Edited by t7686
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

I just don’t understand what the big change was to Tess’ look. It still looked pretty and feminine. It sure wasn’t non-binary after Beth got done with her. I was just lost on that point.

But it was black! And the skirt was all asymmetrical! It's edgy! Or something.

7 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I knew that Madison and Kevin wouldn’t go through with it. 

Ugh, I hated this British guy in A Million Little Things and I hate him here.  Toby got on my last nerves at first but come on. Definitely didn’t see Kate remarrying though, so there’s that. 

I actually liked him in AMLT but that might just be in comparison to some of the other characters....

7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Could someone explain the flash forward to me. The music was so loud I couldn’t hear a thing. What was what?

The wedding Kevin was practicing his Princess Bride priest voice for was Kate's, five years in the future (maybe he's officiating?) and she's marrying the British guy who didn't want to hire her and then won't let her quit because she's so super special. Apparently. And there was an article about Randall with a headline "Rising Star"...

Kevin and Madison seem pretty friendly in the future. I wonder if he does fall in love with her over time and they're together?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Wow, Wow, Wow! They got us good! While I thought that either Kevin or Madison wouldn't be able to go through with the wedding...I didn't even remotely predict the Kate/Toby spin! Bravo writers!!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

As a Bostonian, it drove me crazy to hear Deja and Malik say that Harvard is in Boston. It's in Cambridge, damn it!

yes it is! it’s a running joke that when asked where they went to college, rather than say ‘harvard,’ some alums say, ‘in cambridge.’

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Found a fan theory online: "Maybe it's a wedding where Kevin marries the British guy's sister (thus, brother in law) and Kate and Toby renew their vows"

I have no theories, but DAMN, Chrissy Metz looked amazing in the flash forward!

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, nixgirl28 said:

If Kevin is giving a speech, is he best man? Why would Kevin be that dude's best man?

Given that he was trying for a Princess Bride Priest impression I was thinking he's officiating.

• Useful 7
  • Love 9