Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: The Adirondacks

• Start Topic

On 5/26/2021 at 4:38 AM, ams1001 said:

So Kate took the job without discussing it with Toby.

Now she's quitting the job without discussing it with Toby.

I was so annoyed that Kate immediatly went to a whiny place, when Toby told her about his new job, instead of being happy for him. It's not like he told her she had to quit her job.

Sure child care is expensive, but it's not like it will be more than her salary. Even if it is +-0, who cares? She gets to be happy doing what she loves and it is an investment in their future. In a few years Jack will have to go to that school and she'll get a hefty employe discount. Win-win-win.

But no, instead she starts whining and tries to quite immediatly without even thinking it through.

• Love 3
On 6/23/2021 at 5:50 PM, Dreamboat Annie said:

Thank you! - Time will tell if they amount to anything :).  I don't think it's the same location/venue.  I don't think we saw the bedroom when Kevin was practicing in the mirror the first time, but it does look to me like the two bathrooms were different. 

Okay, I just was reading through this again and watched the two bathroom scenes [plus a few more].  The first bathroom scene is so tight, the shot doesn't have the things in it that the later one does except that in both you can see a door or door frame to Kevin's left that leads to bedroom.  [Just fyi, in second scene, in addition to toiletries, we see an extension mirror and blow drier on the wall; a little bit of the sconce beside the main mirror; gray or white tile on one part of wall, etc.  Can't see any of these in first bathroom scene b/c it focuses on K's face.  So I think it's impossible to tell if the same bathroom].  The hotel for Kev/Mads' failed wedding is def not the same as Kate's flashforward wedding though.  When Mads comes to break up  with Kevin, it is clear that the hotel room doors are white and the numbers are not located on the doors themselves.  In Kate's future wedding, the hotel room doors are dark and they have fairly large numbers on the actual door; it is easy to see the number 405 on the room that Kevin walks out of, as well as other numbers in the hallway scene with Randall and Nicky.  

I wish I could flash forward and know if he marries Sophie and then maybe I'd save myself the trouble of watching.  I HATE them together.  I did see that the actress's other show is renewed for 2 more seasons so I'm hoping we won't see her again. 😬😆  I really want him to fall for Madison.

Edited by AzraeltheCat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, AzraeltheCat said:

wish I could flash forward and know if he marries Sophie and then maybe I'd save myself the trouble of watching.  I HATE them together.  I did see that the actress's other show is renewed for 2 more seasons so I'm hoping we won't see her again. 😬😆  I really want him to fall for Madison.

Co-sign!!!

• Love 4

Finally watching this episode. I’m only half through but the Tess drama really bugged me. The bridesmaid dress “isn’t her”? Obviously she is under the delusion that anyone cares whether the bridesmaids like the dresses. A wedding that is so coordinated as this one has a look or theme that is carried throughout everything, gown, veil, decorations, and bridesmaid dresses. I can’t believe Beth would just figure she could change the dress last minute, and not tell Tess that sometimes you just have to suck it up and wear the dress. It isn’t even ugly! 

Hope that Tess isn’t going to be playing on her mother’s slight discomfort with her being gay in order to get her way on things.

• Love 4
On 9/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, AzraeltheCat said:

The hotel for Kev/Mads' failed wedding is def not the same as Kate's flashforward wedding though.  

Agreed.  And I can't think of any reason why it would be.

So I think it's impossible to tell if the same bathroom

Yes, there's been acknowledgement here that it could be the same bathroom.  And if it does turn out to be, there's one thing I do know for sure.  I will never not be creeped out by Kevin rehearsing to his sister (rather nervously and seriously, yet, and complete with pauses and deep exhaling), "Wow.  You look absolutely beautiful"... and "There's so many things I want to say to you today".  Even though when he does see Kate in her wedding dress he tells her in a perfectly casual and brotherly way that she looks beautiful, if his previously stated words were in the same bathroom and meant for Kate, that will always creep me out even more than Randall and his skinnydip with Ghostmom. 😬

I wish I could flash forward and know if he marries Sophie and then maybe I'd save myself the trouble of watching.  I HATE them together.  I did see that the actress's other show is renewed for 2 more seasons so I'm hoping we won't see her again. 😬😆  I really want him to fall for Madison.

Oh, I totally agree!  I like adult Sophie (even if she is somewhat manipulative), she's nice but not for Kevin,  I just feel that their relationship ran its course, twice, which was one too many times over.  Younger married-to-Kevin Sophie I found to be selfish and immature.  Also, am I imagining this or was it alluded to (or perhaps said straight out) that Kate and Sophie had had a falling out and were not best friends or even friends at all anymore?  I don't recall - did we ever find out what happened?  Or was it just that they had simply lost touch?  I seem to recall that something about Kate and Sophie was said/implied and I think it was during the time Kevin and Sophie were back together.  

I'm looking forward to the new (and final) season and I trust my fellow diehard fans are, too!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!  🎆🎇🎈🎉🎊

• Love 5
On 11/27/2021 at 12:18 PM, KittyQ said:

Finally watching this episode. I’m only half through but the Tess drama really bugged me. The bridesmaid dress “isn’t her”? Obviously she is under the delusion that anyone cares whether the bridesmaids like the dresses. A wedding that is so coordinated as this one has a look or theme that is carried throughout everything, gown, veil, decorations, and bridesmaid dresses. I can’t believe Beth would just figure she could change the dress last minute, and not tell Tess that sometimes you just have to suck it up and wear the dress. It isn’t even ugly! 

Hope that Tess isn’t going to be playing on her mother’s slight discomfort with her being gay in order to get her way on things.

I so totally agree with this comment. The Tess dress thing really irked the crap out of me. How indulged do children have to be? Is there no time when a parent can say "suck it up?" The wedding was not about Tess. It was Madison's day. Wear the freakin' dress and in a few hours take the darn dress off. The change sent the wrong message. Not everybody has to dance to your personal tune and story. 

I was transgender as a teen. For some reason still a mystery to me, I went back to identifying as a girl in my twenties. I did my own thing and never expected everybody else to adjust to the gender that I identified as. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, CleoCaesar said:

Tess’s brattiness really shouldn’t have been indulged to that degree. Altering a bridesmaid’s dress ten minutes before the ceremony, seriously?

The indulgence of all the children in this episode was off the charts.

First, the little Pearsons are such delicate flowers that their precious ears can't be exposed to Mom expressing some righteous irritation with Dad?   She wasn't shouting.   She wasn't being nasty or mean.   She was frustrated and disappointed.   But these being the Pearsons, the only plausible remedy to restore the little darlings to their factory settings is to stage a wedding re-enactment in the living room.   They should have hired Diane Arbus to be the wedding photographer. 

Beth should have told Tess to suck it up, the day isn't about her, it's about her uncle and Madison and that sometimes in life we have to do things that may make us feel uncomfortable for the sake of other people.   Good grief, growing up we all had to wear things we didn't like because our parents or decorum demanded it.   I suspect nobody ever died as a result.   What a spoiled brat.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:36 PM, LoveLeigh said:

I so totally agree with this comment. The Tess dress thing really irked the crap out of me. How indulged do children have to be? Is there no time when a parent can say "suck it up?" The wedding was not about Tess. It was Madison's day. Wear the freakin' dress and in a few hours take the darn dress off. The change sent the wrong message. Not everybody has to dance to your personal tune and story. 

LOL, I was so annoyed with Tess that I came here and wrote my comment above before reading any others.  You said it perfectly.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2