Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Katey was at 2 centimetres when she was admitted. So I assume the delivery would start soon on it's own. So I wonder why they went with inducing

I was 3 centimeters with my first child for two weeks.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

On a side note, the only way you could name your child something that means "warrior for Christ" is by naming the child Warrior-for-Christ.  You could get a name that means "warrior for god" or "warrior for the gods" or "warrior for a specific god of war" but never the Christian Jesus. 

Oliver doesn't mean peace, either. An olive branch is a symbol of peace but the name simply means olive tree. 

Bindi Irwin named her daughter Grace Warrior, which is pretty straight forward. If Jed! wanted 'Warrior for Christ' and 'Peace' he could have named the baby Christian Warrior Shalom. As it is, what he really ended up with is 'Dry wooden symbol of peace'. 🙂

Edited by Nysha
  • LOL 16
19 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

There are lot of English "boy" names that are considered "girl" names.  Leslie, Evelyn, Marion, Shirley, Vivian, Gail, Lynn--these are the ones that come to mind quickly.  I had a great-uncle Shirley.  I've known a male Vivian and Marion.  And a Gail.

Spanish names that can be either/or are a couple of men that I've known...Angel and Rosario come to mind.  Beverly also started as a male name, and I think Darryl did too.

Yeah, it would be hard to get stranger than Spurgeon IMO.  Truett isn't so bad compared to Spurgie.  Oliver is a better name than Wilberforce, too.

• Love 3

I don’t think it’s a dumb name. Maybe, well actually, they manipulated the meaning a bit, but I think it’s a nice, solid name. Truett is not a name i would have chosen, but no one asked me. 😁

• Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I don’t think it’s a dumb name. Maybe, well actually, they manipulated the meaning a bit, but I think it’s a nice, solid name. Truett is not a name i would have chosen, but no one asked me. 😁

I don't hate the name but it feels a little too cutesy and a little to contrived. Or not contrived - but for the life of me I can't find the word I'm looking for.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

As did Apple, Dweezil and  X Æ A-Xii.

I had Apple on my original list! Let's not forget Exa Dark Sideræl Musk, aka Grimes and Musk's second spawn. Poor kids. 

Topic: Who will have the next pregnancy announcement? 

• LOL 3

This a a reminder to stay on the topic of Jed, Katey and their family. 

Discussion of the new baby’s name is expected, but strings of posts about names that have nothing to do with Jed/Katey belong in Small Talk.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Katey was at 2 centimetres when she was admitted. So I assume the delivery would start soon on it's own. So I wonder why they went with inducing

Most women spend the last few weeks dilated thanks to pressure from the baby’s head. I bet her doctor gave her something to soften her cervix. Usually it’s given the night before an induction. Sometimes it starts labor on its own, and sometimes you need the pitocin help. 😀

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

Most women spend the last few weeks dilated thanks to pressure from the baby’s head. I bet her doctor gave her something to soften her cervix. Usually it’s given the night before an induction. Sometimes it starts labor on its own, and sometimes you need the pitocin help. 😀

That happened to my sister in-law,  they put in a ring(?) to soften her cervix and was going to induce the next day. She ended up giving birth in the middle of the night and almost didn't make it to the hospital. She didn't even get her epidural.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

I had Apple on my original list! Let's not forget Exa Dark Sideræl Musk, aka Grimes and Musk's second spawn. Poor kids. 

Topic: Who will have the next pregnancy announcement? 

Kendra or Abbie. 

• Love 2

I thought Katey came off relatively well in the video. She's pretty spunky and has more personality than all the Duggars combined.

Jed, OTOH, is his father's son. He went out for a McD's run for her before the midnight cutoff but OF COURSE had to mention the exorbitant price of $11 for the meal of a burger and fries. Katey (bless her) pointed out that had he used his app, he would have gotten the fries for free (see what I mean about spunky? I'd bet none of the other Duggar wives would have dared make such a comment lest they'd be seen as not "keeping sweet").

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

From the last pictures, Abbie is visibly pregnant, so I would say new babies could pop up without formal announcements

I agree. It seems Jinger, Jill, Jessa, Jed and Jer are the only ones who are consistently active on SM. I suspect a Hannah baby announcement in the coming weeks.

I wonder if Lauren and Kendra already have newborns as I type, and think maybe Abbie might post when her baby is born.

At one point JB will screw up and give the number of grandchildren and we'll find out they have half a dozen 'extra'. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I think it's possible that Lauren has another child. For Kendra, would the baby come up on some family photo? Or are the Caldwells also not active on SM?

Joy has been quiet also, maybe something is cooking there...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think it's possible that Lauren has another child. For Kendra, would the baby come up on some family photo? Or are the Caldwells also not active on SM?

Joy has been quiet also, maybe something is cooking there...

Lauren had a pretty big bump at Katie's reveal. The Caldwells have made one post in 2022.

Joy didn't look pregnant when she visited Carlin about a month ago. I'm fairly certain, in addition to an IG story, Carlin posted a picture of Joy and Evey - a picture that is now deleted. I think Joy might be giving up SM.

• Useful 5
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jed comes off as a smug dick. And he sounds just like Smuggar, which doesn't help.

Yes, it's a shame the nickname Smuggar Jr. has already been used (and retired -- for those who don't remember, Smuggar Jr. was Josiah). 

If not for the unfortunate pedophile connotations, Jed! could be Smuggar 3.0. Alas, he's destined to be Smugless. 

• LOL 3
18 hours ago, graefin said:

I thought Katey came off relatively well in the video. She's pretty spunky and has more personality than all the Duggars combined.

Jed, OTOH, is his father's son. He went out for a McD's run for her before the midnight cutoff but OF COURSE had to mention the exorbitant price of $11 for the meal of a burger and fries. Katey (bless her) pointed out that had he used his app, he would have gotten the fries for free (see what I mean about spunky? I'd bet none of the other Duggar wives would have dared make such a comment lest they'd be seen as not "keeping sweet").

And of course they have the McDonald’s app on their phones, lol.

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Here's Part 2 of the birth story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njnRfxKfe48

I'm sorry to say that I watched it. While Katey is pushing, she has everyone's cell phones practically in her face capturing the special moment. And Jed's voice is creepy as hell! Omg! Eeww! "You've got this babe ". "push,push,push,push....." like he is at a sports event. Just shut the hell up, put down your cell and support your wife in a non annoying way! Seriously his voice is really creepy and sounds fake. They prayed before the delivery and he places his hand on top of her head, and it looked so awkward and clumsy. I am going to have nightmares of that voice, seriously. *shudder*

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Spazamanaz said:

I'm sorry to say that I watched it. While Katey is pushing, she has everyone's cell phones practically in her face capturing the special moment. And Jed's voice is creepy as hell! Omg! Eeww! "You've got this babe ". "push,push,push,push....." like he is at a sports event. Just shut the hell up, put down your cell and support your wife in a non annoying way! Seriously his voice is really creepy and sounds fake. They prayed before the delivery and he places his hand on top of her head, and it looked so awkward and clumsy. I am going to have nightmares of that voice, seriously. *shudder*

I warned everyone that he sounds just like Smuggar. 

Good for Katey getting that epidural. I laughed when she said she couldn't feel her leg. 

10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I warned everyone that he sounds just like Smuggar. 

Good for Katey getting that epidural. I laughed when she said she couldn't feel her leg. 

You did warn us, I just forgot. I'll never forget now! Lol I severely wanted to smack him. Maybe he was nervous or scared and didn't know what to say or what to do. But yah, exactly like Smuggar. 

• Love 7

I watched too. Katey seems to be perfectly nice. Poor girl was exhausted. I felt so bad for her having to listen to her headship blather on and on with his repetitive encouragement. At one point he even said "Go! Go! Go! Go!" like it was a sporting event! I hope she's happy with that guy. Personally, I couldn't stand his smarminess. But now she has a sweet baby to love. Hope she's not into blanket training!

• Love 3

Don't kill me, but I like them better than some other Duggar couples. Katey seems nice

And they should all have such uneventful births with epidural. No bathrooms or couches

• Love 13
(edited)
13 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Don't kill me, but I like them better than some other Duggar couples. Katey seems nice

And they should all have such uneventful births with epidural. No bathrooms or couches

They can each have whatever SAFE, successful kind of birth they want. Not getting an epidural if they don't want one isn't a moral failing. 

His voice is irritating -- maybe it's the accent. Katey seems too normal to be married to a Duggar. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 7

I like Katey, she seems more normal and fun loving.  In this video Jed was more likable, joking with her and the people there. Her mother was in the first video, that was her in the second one too??  That baby is making me soft, generally speaking, I am not a fan of Jed.

The Duggar Family IG posted a a story about the birth. Jed is special to get so much DF IG.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, auntieminem said:

I like Katey, she seems more normal and fun loving.  In this video Jed was more likable, joking with her and the people there. Her mother was in the first video, that was her in the second one too??  That baby is making me soft, generally speaking, I am not a fan of Jed.

The Duggar Family IG posted a a story about the birth. Jed is special to get so much DF IG.  

He's the replacement golden child. He's off to a decent start -- he's got a scandal-free wife and baby already, and he's not so young that normal people think it's weird for him to be married. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

The 'tt' keeps throwing me but Truett Oliver is a cute name. With the initials spelling out Tod I'd probably call him that as a cute nickname. 

....not in german it ain’t. Tod means death...just sayin’😱

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jed! disturbed me whilst looking at her crotch and saying “He has a lot of hair.  A Mohawk.” Or something to that effect. Very glad she had an OB there as she needed an episiotomy.  

Edited by sheshark
11 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jer's probably the best looking of ALL the Duggar sons. But then the bar is so low that it's dragging the ground. 

I'd vote for Joe or Justin. They're the most normal-looking, which is, of course, relatively speaking. Jeremiah reminds me of a serial killer. Theodore Duggar. 

TOPIC: It bothers me that Jed and Katey keep calling Truett their "first baby." Yes, he is their firstborn, but why won't they even let his umbilical stump fall off before they start planning for another? It's like not celebrating your college graduation at all because you're already looking forward to your master's. It seems excessive even for a Duggar. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Did anyone notice how Hannah wouldn’t let go of Jeer’s hand or get up off the couch. She had her legs twisted in a way that made me think she’s used to making herself as small as possible. Jeer was acting like he wanted to give Jed! a hug or something, but he couldn’t disconnect. Then Jed! said thanks for coming Jeer…. then added and Hannnah as an afterthought. I would be mortified if any of them pointed a camera my way, so maybe she’s an introvert in shock at how all them are so used to being taped. 

Edited by Cobb
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Cobb said:

Did anyone notice how Hannah wouldn’t let go of Jeer’s hand or get up off the couch. She had her legs twisted in a way that made me think she’s used to making herself as small as possible. Jeer was acting like he wanted to give Jed! a hug or something, but he couldn’t disconnect. Then Jed! said thanks for coming Jeer…. then added and Hannnah as an afterthought. I would be mortified if any of them pointed a camera my way, so maybe she’s an introvert in shock at how all them are so used to being taped. 

Where is the video posted? TIA

• Love 1