Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jed's YouTube.

He has his own YouTube channel? Oh, FFS. I’m sure it’s just riveting. He really thinks he’s relevant, doesn’t he?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, Cinnabon said:

He has his own YouTube channel? Oh, FFS. I’m sure it’s just riveting. He really thinks he’s relevant, doesn’t he?

True dat. I think he started it with the weird as hell engagement video. At any rate, Jer and Hannah appear in Part 1 of the birth story, before they head out to the hospital.

• Useful 4
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

True dat. I think he started it with the weird as hell engagement video. At any rate, Jer and Hannah appear in Part 1 of the birth story, before they head out to the hospital.

“Birth story,” lol. That whole concept needs to die. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I watched part of the first video. It’s nice Katey’s mom was there. If there is one good thing about the FF’s further fall from grace is not having to deal with Michelle. The freaking dolphin squealing, “BABIES, blessings, sweet, precious,” and all her other BS. May we never see her again. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, SMama said:

I watched part of the first video. It’s nice Katey’s mom was there. If there is one good thing about the FF’s further fall from grace is not having to deal with Michelle. The freaking dolphin squealing, “BABIES, blessings, sweet, precious,” and all her other BS. May we never see her again. 

The dogs of the world are grateful that Mullet is no longer on TV. Hopefully, the dogs' hearing can recover. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
On 5/18/2022 at 5:10 PM, SMama said:

Haha you make Mechelle sound like that Elf thing from lord of the rings 😂

• LOL 5
11 minutes ago, Notabug said:

Another fundie study in wheat, cream and beige with a dash of gray.  He is a cutie, though, we can only hope he doesn't take after the Duggars.

He already appears to have the male Duggar hairline.  Before swaddling they apparently bunched up his legs, it's too compact.  Beneath his head his body looks ike a jar.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

He already appears to have the male Duggar hairline.  Before swaddling they apparently bunched up his legs, it's too compact.  Beneath his head his body looks ike a jar.

They did, the phographer folded him like a pretzel and i does look strange.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I fimd swaddling quite creepy.  Remember Jill & Deertick's attempt when they posted a screaming Israel in distress?

Izzy was far too old to be swaddled. I remember a foot sticking out. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Izzy was far too old to be swaddled. I remember a foot sticking out. 

I think that was a punishment, not that he "needed" to be swaddled.  I hope they received enough comments on that picture that they learned that that is not the way to correct a child's behavior.  I really feel they have grown as parents and are doing a better job at correcting their children.  I wonder if that is one way that M and JB  forced their kids into "instant obedience".

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I think that was a punishment, not that he "needed" to be swaddled.  I hope they received enough comments on that picture that they learned that that is not the way to correct a child's behavior.  I really feel they have grown as parents and are doing a better job at correcting their children.  I wonder if that is one way that M and JB  forced their kids into "instant obedience".

Hopefully Jed and Katey won't subscribe to all that.

Jill did a post with the boys practicing "instant obedience" last year.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Notabug said:

They did, the phographer folded him like a pretzel and i does look strange.

I’ve seen that in a lot of newborn pictures and it looks so odd to me.  And uncomfortable for the infant.

• Love 9

He spent the last weeks inside curled up like a pretzel. I know that it took a few weeks (maybe even a month) for my babies to keep their legs stretched out. When they’re newborns, they naturally pull their legs up. That’s also why they love to be swaddled. (I didn’t learn the swaddling trick until my 4th. The sleep I missed out on with the other three! 🫠)

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

He spent the last weeks inside curled up like a pretzel. I know that it took a few weeks (maybe even a month) for my babies to keep their legs stretched out. When they’re newborns, they naturally pull their legs up. That’s also why they love to be swaddled. (I didn’t learn the swaddling trick until my 4th. The sleep I missed out on with the other three! 🫠)

If you watch the video of the photo shoot, the photographer takes the baby's legs, which are already flexed like a typical newborn and flexes them further and brings them up to his lower abdomen and wraps him tight in that position.  What she does far exceeds the typical flexion you see in a newborn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Notabug said:

If you watch the video of the photo shoot, the photographer takes the baby's legs, which are already flexed like a typical newborn and flexes them further and brings them up to his lower abdomen and wraps him tight in that position.  What she does far exceeds the typical flexion you see in a newborn.

11 hours ago, Notabug said:

Seems like a recipe for a huge blowout!

• LOL 17
On 5/28/2022 at 1:16 PM, GeeGolly said:

Swaddling for pictures looks far different than swaddling for comfort. (or swaddling for punishment if you're a Dillard)

I swaddled my son when he was a newborn. 

• Love 5

I swaddled mine but was reminded with each one that the hips had to have room to move to prevent developmental dysplasia of the hips 

Eveytime I see pics of Carlin and and now Jed’s baby I cringe 

Has swaddling information changed in the last 3 years?

• Useful 1

The baby was posed in swaddling cloths for the pictures and wasn't in any distress. This is a very common newborn photograph and unless I see little Truett swaddled like that in a home setting I'm going with this being a one-off.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

The baby was posed in swaddling cloths for the pictures and wasn't in any distress. This is a very common newborn photograph and unless I see little Truett swaddled like that in a home setting I'm going with this being a one-off.

Exactly, it's the "look" they were going for. The whole "tiny baby" in a flower pot thing started the trend. Hopefully this is not how he is swaddled at home. I teach hospital based childbirth classes as a side gig leftover from my first career. We still teach swaddling as do our postpartum nurses - but obviously not photo style swaddling. Jed and Katey presumably were instructed about this before discharge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Exactly, it's the "look" they were going for. The whole "tiny baby" in a flower pot thing started the trend. Hopefully this is not how he is swaddled at home. I teach hospital based childbirth classes as a side gig leftover from my first career. We still teach swaddling as do our postpartum nurses - but obviously not photo style swaddling. Jed and Katey presumably were instructed about this before discharge.

I understand swaddling and that the photo shoot swaddle is completely different.  I just find the pictures so strange looking, like ‘where’s the rest of the baby?’

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 5/5/2022 at 3:10 PM, GeeGolly said:

I don't hate the name but it feels a little too cutesy and a little to contrived. Or not contrived - but for the life of me I can't find the word I'm looking for.

Truett/Truitt just makes me think of country music, or the “rough around the edges but has a heart of gold” male lead in a bad Hallmark movie.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5

I was surprised that I enjoyed their video. All the young couples getting together looked like the kind of fun we had when we were young. We would have been in tents, but otherwise similar. Katey & Jed seem to get along well and they adore their little baby. They're pretty easy going. She seems so normal. I worry about her getting hooked up with the Duggars, but they seem to be making it work.

I cannot believe that I have some positive things to say about these people!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

amateurs - the bouncy seat should be in an umbrella stroller, under the stove, next to a propane tank.

With a barefoot toddler wielding a sharp toy trying to feed the baby grapes.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I was surprised that I enjoyed their video. All the young couples getting together looked like the kind of fun we had when we were young. We would have been in tents, but otherwise similar. Katey & Jed seem to get along well and they adore their little baby. They're pretty easy going. She seems so normal. I worry about her getting hooked up with the Duggars, but they seem to be making it work.

I cannot believe that I have some positive things to say about these people!

I just hope they feel the same way when kids # 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on are born. The Jeds' statements about their "first baby" when their first child was a brand-new newborn makes me think they're after numbers. 

• Sad 8
  • Love 1

Katey seems so normal but she was later to the cult. She is likable and makes Jed more so.  Maybe there is hope for the middle group of kids to drift a little more mainstream. When they were at the ice cream truck, there was a quick shot of Joy and she looked pregnant or it could have been the angle.  They all seemed to have nice campers. I don't know much about the Bates so does Nathan lives in the area?

The running out of gas thing reminded me of one of their early videos and they were talking about borrowing cars off the lot but needing to make sure they found one with enough gas. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Katey seems so normal but she was later to the cult. She is likable and makes Jed more so.  Maybe there is hope for the middle group of kids to drift a little more mainstream. When they were at the ice cream truck, there was a quick shot of Joy and she looked pregnant or it could have been the angle.  They all seemed to have nice campers. I don't know much about the Bates so does Nathan lives in the area?

The running out of gas thing reminded me of one of their early videos and they were talking about borrowing cars off the lot but needing to make sure they found one with enough gas. 

She also agreed to an arranged marriage with a Duggar, so i have little hope for her.

Do they all own RVs? They aren’t cheap.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I think some of them borrow the RVs off Jed's car lot. I know when Jason pulled a trailer to Big Sandy, for him and a bunch of guys, it was one listed for sale on the car lot website at the time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

He admitted he read the gas gauge wrong, and it's kind of understandable when you look at the weird gauge since it didn't have to go all the way down to be empty, so he thought he had a little gas and he figured he'd fill up later.  BUT, most people wouldn't fill up later.  Even if they had some gas in the tank, they'd fill up before starting the trip.  Because why put it off and take the chance of forgetting?

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 2
  • Love 7

I haven’t watched the video but it was suggested to me on YT. When I saw the title included “RV breakdown” I thought that was going to be like the laundry room breakdown.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6

Not sure if Jed and Katey ever said the RV they were in was theirs, just that it was a very clean '94 model.  Nathan and Ester (Bates) live in their RV.  (Said they were going to live in one for their first year of marriage.)  They are based in AR right now but I have no idea where he works.  

Jer and Hannah were sleeping in a tent.  

In the beginning of the video there is a harp in Jed and Katey's living room.  I guess she plays.  

And I'm so thankful that Jer moved the baby away from the stove and propane tank.  Geesh.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
29 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Jed appeared to spend more time with his infant son than the usual Duggar male.  I hope it wasn't just for the video.

Isn't their house on the car lot? That would allow him to spend all day with the tyke. He's not selling cars all day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1