Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I am immune to human babies so I am not the best judge, but… that kid is not cute, right? Partly because of his parents’ stupid fashion choices and the dumb pose?

Ha! He’s cute in the “he’s not a cute baby, but he’s clean, plump, happy, and smells sweet like fresh-baked oatmeal cookies the way only babies can” sort of way. That way that makes you smile when they smile at you no matter what they look like. 

• Like 10
  • Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Ha! He’s cute in the “he’s not a cute baby, but he’s clean, plump, happy, and smells sweet like fresh-baked oatmeal cookies the way only babies can” sort of way. That way that makes you smile when they smile at you no matter what they look like. 

Yea, he is kind of homely but I'm sure he has his charm. When my Godson was born, he was a stunning baby. Perfection! Gorgeous (at the 36 he still is). At the same age was his cousin who was not quite so cute, especially when they were together. She was rather unfortunate looking. I remember one time her mother admitted that she knew she wasn't the cutest looking baby. She did grew into an attractive woman. She just took after her dad's side and the women were what used to be called "Handsome" back in the day. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I am immune to human babies so I am not the best judge, but… that kid is not cute, right? Partly because of his parents’ stupid fashion choices and the dumb pose?

They mostly all look the same to me.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/12/2022 at 12:06 AM, jcbrown said:

I think he's cute, but I agree the clothing and pose aren't the best choices. He looks uncomfortable.

Anecdotally, some of the least attractive babies I ever saw grew up to be some of the most good-looking adults. Sometimes I think they just need to grow into their features. Unfortunately, Duggar boys are probably as good looking as they'll ever be when they're young.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Charlie sheen character wore shirts like that on 2 and a half men

Can you imagine all the pearl clutching they would do if they watched the show? I would pay to see that.

• LOL 6
On 7/11/2022 at 11:31 PM, Nysha said:

Caption for pic: Mr. Truett Duggar was cited for calling 911 more than 5 times yesterday, asking them to "Git those punk kids off my lawn."

He really is dressed like a resident of a Florida retirement community.

• LOL 18
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Jed! refers to two years of knowing Katey in his post. Hard to imagine going from introduction to marriage to baby in just two years. Yikes.

People who do that are usually much older, with ticking clocks.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Cute pic.  I am a little surprised that a Duggar father would permit his male offspring to wear pink.

Me too. But I suppose we can tell it's a boy because he's not sporting a headband topped by a flower, or a stuck-on bow on his head. Aren't those required for all female babies?

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 10
On 7/31/2022 at 3:12 AM, Rabbittron said:

Can't he put his son in clothes that fit?

I doubt Jed! actually dresses little True and it probably wouldn't occur to him that the baby may not be comfortable stuffed into sausage tube clothing.

• Like 1
On 8/2/2022 at 8:21 AM, Notabug said:

Cute pic.  I am a little surprised that a Duggar father would permit his male offspring to wear pink.

Dang!  That baby certainly inherited the awful Duggar hairline, didn’t he?!?!  Bless his heart. 😢

2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Baby got the male Duggar hairline! 

I just said the same thing!  I’m sorry that I didn’t see your post before I commented.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Omg are they dressing him in pink because they are saying without words that they wanted a girl or is this a major fuck you to the wonderful Duggar/s grandparents.

If the baby grows up to be gay, it’ll be the pink onesie’s fault. 💖

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 10
On 8/2/2022 at 6:02 AM, ginger90 said:

4CA28424-8404-4262-AE80-98CC316E59D7.jpeg

That is a precious photo and a cute family t-shirt op. Katie looks to be enjoying motherhood not that I would think she wouldn't love or care for her baby properly, but the  newborn stage can be mentally, physically and emotionally exhausting- some people enjoy it more than others. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6
On 5/5/2022 at 8:14 AM, GeeGolly said:

Truett is deeply associated with the Baptist church in the Southern USA due to former leader George Truett.

I was reading at the People magazine site and there was an article about a Christian musician named TobyMac who lost his oldest child, named Truett, to a drug overdose.  It's spelled the same as Jed & Katie's child.  I couldn't remember the significance of the name in religious circles, so I went back to find Geegolly's above quote. 

A very sad story.  Here's the link if anyone's interested:

https://people.com/music/tobymac-will-forever-be-different-man-after-son-truett-death/

• Sad 7

In 2000, 12 babies were named Truett, last year 249 were named Truett. 

I don't listen to TobyMac's music, but reading about him losing his son is heartbreaking. It does sound like he made some positive changes in his family to help prevent other tragedies.

• Like 4

They did a new video on how they met and married. 

It is typical boring duggar vid. They made it seemed less of an arranged marriage. They met at some training for prison ministry in Fl.  Then their fathers got involved when Duggars were buying a van/camper or something like that so JB, Jere and Jed flew to Arizona and stayed with the her family. Jinger and Jeremy met up with them in Arizona (Jinger was her friend). Jinger asked if he was interested. Then Jed started courting her father expressing his interest in their family and Katey.  He visited them a few times, they courted and became engaged soon. They talked about their rules for physical contact.  They seem well matched but naive.  I like her as she seems pretty easy going and he is little more bearable around her.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 8
58 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Jinger was her friend? How did they meet?

I don't recall her saying specifically but I assume through church stuff.  JB knew them which is why they stayed with them when they went to pick up the vehicle.  Prior to she and Jed meeting at the prison ministry thing he remembers seeing her at some other event where he was handing out info about something I don't remember what but she responded in a way that made him remember her. 

Jed said that he is close to Jinger, and he told her that he was interested in Katey. Sounds like she was Jed's wingman.

eta Jed's a total blowhard. He was adamant that kissing before marriage is BAD!!!11 and if you do it, you're WRONG!!!!11 

STFU you child. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 7
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yup. With the Vuolos involved. I guess Jed was on Jinger's buddy team. 

Yeah I remember when it happened and people correctly speculating a Nakatsu courtship was afoot. They were obviously on the money with that!

Edited by Zella
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I was only half listening because Jed's voice is just like his convict brother's, but I believe they said it was six months from courtship to wedding day. They got married 4/3/21, so that puts their courtship date sometime in October 2020. I think the Vuolos were there before that, but Jed mentioned making several trips to Arizona.

• Useful 4
55 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jed said that he is close to Jinger, and he td her that he was interested in Katey. Sounds like she was Jed's wingman.

eta Jed's a total blowhard. He was adamant that kissing before marriage is BAD!!!11 and if you do it, you're WRONG!!!!11 

STFU you child. 

Poor Jinger is surrounded by blowhards, lol. 

57 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

STFU you child. 

Someone needs to copy that video, in case he ever decides to remove it . . . For reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

So similar to the other Duggarlings, then, in the sense that it does seem to start off with a rare opportunity to interact with (approved members) of the non-family opposite sex, followed by ahem "desires that cannot be righteously fulfilled", then the fathers handle the nitty gritty and boom! married and pregnant. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3