Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

eta Jed's a total blowhard. He was adamant that kissing before marriage is BAD!!!11 and if you do it, you're WRONG!!!!11 

I don't want to listen to it again but I am pretty sure they both said it was wrong for them but others may decide it is ok.  She even said  she knows couples who did kiss before marriage and that it worked out. They however "prayed" about it and it was not for them. They also had acted like they had slips where they felt things were a little too intense so they had to pray and step back. Or something like that.  It is just stupid the pressure they put on themselves with their stupid rules. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

Jed also said he's been praying since he was ten years old for his future spouse.  (I remember reading a similar thing said by another duggar a while back.)  I can't imagine being ten years old and even casually thinking, much less worrying and praying, about who my spouse would be when I was grown.

• Like 9
  • Sad 11
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, auntieminem said:

I don't want to listen to it again but I am pretty sure they both said it was wrong for them but others may decide it is ok.  She even said  she knows couples who did kiss before marriage and that it worked out. They however "prayed" about it and it was not for them. They also had acted like they had slips where they felt things were a little too intense so they had to pray and step back. Or something like that.  It is just stupid the pressure they put on themselves with their stupid rules. 

I recall the first time seeing JD and Abbie together, they hugged each other, and it wasn't a side hug.  I got the feeling they kissed before the wedding.

• Like 9

So they “slipped” before marriage but it wasn’t kissing. What … did Jed touch a boob? 

Hell no, I wasn’t about to marry anyone before a kiss. There are some lousy kissers out there.

Jed doesn’t come off as Josh smug. He seems almost a little sweet. Still don’t know how he landed her though. Cute and very personable. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Jed doesn’t come off as Josh smug. He seems almost a little sweet. Still don’t know how he landed her though. Cute and very personable. 

I didn’t like when he said she only had one sister and didn’t count the others who are half siblings, while he is one of 19. 

• Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jed also said he's been praying since he was ten years old for his future spouse.  (I remember reading a similar thing said by another duggar a while back.)  I can't imagine being ten years old and even casually thinking, much less worrying and praying, about who my spouse would be when I was grown.

Well, let me tell you about a five year old Spurgeon allegedly fretting over dying without finding his soulmate. IIRC, seventeen was the age he dreaded reaching without finding a spouse. It’s a cult.

• Sad 22
10 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

So they “slipped” before marriage but it wasn’t kissing. What … did Jed touch a boob? 

I doubt anything happened. They may have gotten aroused or excited as normal people will. So they prayed and cut back on contact. Their cult's attitude toward sex is so unhealthy.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

My 10 year old is worrying about many things mainly school related, so much that we have her see a therapist, but she is not worrying about that. 

9 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I didn’t like when he said she only had one sister and didn’t count the others who are half siblings, while he is one of 19. 

That's gross. They do all count. 

• Hugs 6
  • Love 7

I watched the video.  I was surprised that they had as much contact as they did.  They actually met naturally and had conversations before details were given to their dads.  I was under the impression that they were "matched" and had spent very little time together prior to engagement.  

Him explaining that she only had 2 siblings while he had 19 ... WTHeck?  That doesn't matter in any sense.  Does he hold that against her?  Does he feel she is beneath him because she doesn't have double digit siblings?  

And they may have decided between them what they wanted their courtship to look like, but their options all came from what they were told from a very young age and were the accepted standards.  

Nevertheless, they are cute together and he married WAY up.  He does sound just like Josh, which is disturbing, but he isn't as smug or gross.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

That was so weird that he said that.  Katie looked a little stunned when he said it, but she let it go.  

• Sad 9

Isn't one of her brothers openly gay? I remember him being interviewed by someone after the wedding, and he seemed surprisingly uninformed about the Duggars' beliefs. Or he was good at acting surprised. In any event, my understanding is her brothers are from her mom's side, and that's not the ultra religious wing, so it wouldn't surprise me if Jed has tried to ice them out or thinks they don't count for reasons beyond being half siblings. The brother I am thinking of did seem to have a good relationship with Katie, and I've wondered how that has fared since her marriage. 

I personally have one full sibling and 2 half siblings (all brothers), and I would be quite hurt if my (completely theoretical) spouse excluded them in a discussion of my family. Even though my half siblings were literally teenagers when I was born and I wasn't raised with them like my other brother, they're still my brothers. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 13

Yes, Katey's half brother is a hairdresser in WeHo. Openly gay and politically is diametrically opposed to the Duggars. I think he's mentioned Katey in his Instagram since the marriage; I think they get along about as well as could be expected considering their vast differences.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes, Katey's half brother is a hairdresser in WeHo. Openly gay and politically is diametrically opposed to the Duggars. I think he's mentioned Katey in his Instagram since the marriage; I think they get along about as well as could be expected considering their vast differences.

I think that's the only half brother. I believe Katey also has a half sister.

I think Jeremy's brother is liberal as well. 

• Useful 1
Just now, madpsych78 said:

I think that's the only half brother. I believe Katey also has a half sister.

I think Jeremy's brother is liberal as well. 

Yes, I noted that he is her half brother. And you're right, there's also a half sister. 

Jeremy's brother's films certainly aren't conservative topics. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

New Q & A on Youtube. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5fibtJD9Ec

At one point they're asked about Josh.  Jed does not defend Josh.  He basically admits he thinks Josh is guilty, referring to what Josh has done as "his (Josh's) decisions, the things that he's done."

He also claims that he isn’t brainwashed (yeah right), JB is humble 😂 and Michelle is just the sweetest 🤮

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, ChristmasCandy said:

Who gives a fuck if she had another kid?

Judging by various speculation here... some people?

Also, judging by both couples' lack of announcements, kind of douchey of Jed and Katey to post the video if the babies' existences are really meant to be secrets. 

Being the cynical person I am, I always wonder if these "leaks" (this video, some of Jessa's in the past, the 30 grandkids comment on Joy's video) are accidental/ spur of the moment, or carefully curated and/or negotiated.

Also interesting that after the whole Jim Bob and Paul Caldwell are on the outs rumors, the Caldwells are front and center at a TTH gathering.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 3
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The Caldwells were there? Interesting since the Duggars bailed on Paul's church.

The whole family, yes. They came in third in the chili contest. And it appeared to be a small-ish gathering (by Duggar standards), which is why it struck me as odd.

• Like 1

The only difference between that schlock and the TLC stuff is that this lacked credits at the beginning and end. I think they even used the same music. 

Keep trying, Jed and Katey.

Do they live in a mobile home? 

Edited by Heathen
Word nerd
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

The only difference between that schlock and the TLC stuff is that this lacked credits at the beginning and end. I think they even used the same music. 

Keep trying, Jed and Katey.

Do they live in a mobile home? 

I think they live in the ranch behind the car lot. 

22 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Being the cynical person I am, I always wonder if these "leaks" (this video, some of Jessa's in the past, the 30 grandkids comment on Joy's video) are accidental/ spur of the moment, or carefully curated and/or negotiated.

I keep going back and forth on this--is it just them being thoughtless toward their other siblings' chosen levels of privacy or does it have said siblings' tacit approval?--and honestly I could see either one being true. 

• Like 11

Lauren and Josiah were looking directly at the camera and smiling. They knew they were being filmed. They may not have known he would post the video, but in that family I would think they’d realize it was a possibility.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think they live in the ranch behind the car lot. 

I thought I saw a line on the wall -- those vertical lines you see on the walls in mobile homes, like the wall material was unfolded. 

12 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I thought I saw a line on the wall -- those vertical lines you see on the walls in mobile homes, like the wall material was unfolded. 

Yeah.  I noticed that too.  It definitely reminded me of a mobile or modular home.

15 hours ago, Zella said:

I keep going back and forth on this--is it just them being thoughtless toward their other siblings' chosen levels of privacy or does it have said siblings' tacit approval?--and honestly I could see either one being true. 

Just because they didn't make an announcement on public media doesn't mean they expected the child to be a secret the rest of his or her life. Surely someone would notice that there is another member of the family at some point.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Just because they didn't make an announcement on public media doesn't mean they expected the child to be a secret the rest of his or her life. Surely someone would notice that there is another member of the family at some point.  

That's completely beside the point of what I was talking about. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Dehumidifier said:

No it is not. You are basically saying (assuming) that they are trying to keep the baby a secret because they didn't put it on the internet. 

I was talking about common courtesy regarding people's privacy preferences and the family's history of pimping themselves out to the media for attention. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
On 11/13/2022 at 12:45 PM, Zella said:

I was talking about common courtesy regarding people's privacy preferences and the family's history of pimping themselves out to the media for attention. 

Well, they'd need a hell of a lot of release forms for that group, wouldn't they?

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • LOL 1

I agree that there's no way of knowing whether Josiah and Lauren said "We're okay with baby Coco showing up in the background as long as no one mentions it" or "We don't want social media (and sooner or later the tabloids) knowing that we've had a second until the Volderjosh furor dies down." and Jed! totally ignoring that. 

• Like 6
  • Love 4