Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I was surprised that I enjoyed their video. All the young couples getting together looked like the kind of fun we had when we were young. We would have been in tents, but otherwise similar. Katey & Jed seem to get along well and they adore their little baby. They're pretty easy going. She seems so normal. I worry about her getting hooked up with the Duggars, but they seem to be making it work.

I cannot believe that I have some positive things to say about these people!

I watched the video on account of your post (which is probably the first time I've watched one of those things). I'm horrified to say that I enjoyed it. Apart from Jed! being a useless tit because he is too stupid to check for petrol and finding some simple packing hard, it was fun to watch. Katey seems like a nice person with a sense of humour.

Obviously, helping with food prep is just for "the Laydeeeez" because manly men would rather gauge their eyes out.

I could have done without the in-bed shot - little Jeddy! sleeps half nekkid😱, so seeing is flabby chest isn't something I needed to see.

I'm still horrified that I watched AND enjoyed the video which is problematic because he still is an arse who wants to take people's rights away so I would like you to repair to the Prayer closet and think about what you've done😜

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2022 at 3:45 PM, crazy8s said:

I think some of them borrow the RVs off Jed's car lot. I know when Jason pulled a trailer to Big Sandy, for him and a bunch of guys, it was one listed for sale on the car lot website at the time.

Always a good plan to put more miles on vehicles you’re trying to sell!

On 6/18/2022 at 6:24 PM, YupItsMe said:

I haven’t watched the video but it was suggested to me on YT. When I saw the title included “RV breakdown” I thought that was going to be like the laundry room breakdown.

I prefer Tom Petty’s version.

On 6/18/2022 at 6:27 PM, ranchgirl said:

Nathan and Ester (Bates) live in their RV.  (Said they were going to live in one for their first year of marriage.) 

At least one of these couples seems to be trying to live within their means.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4

Jed is such a Duggar, mentioning freebies and costs at ever turn. I can't figure out if Katey is just super chill or more like just excepting her lot in life.

And one more thing, I'm not really a germaphobe, but used RVs with cloth couches and obviously used a mattress kind of skeeve me out. I would need far more than a couple of hours of cleaning to feel okay in there.

• Like 9
  • Love 4

Jed's an ass, consistently now over at least two videos. Tightfisted to the extent that he complains over the money he has to spend to feed his pregnant wife in labor, about to give birth and is now going on about the cost of the cupcake ($4!) his wife is eating while she is eating it

Katey really married down. As we've now seen, Jed isn't funny, smart, charming, or even nice, and apparently he may be having some financial issues as well if any of his many comments about the cost of things are any indication. What the hell did she think she was getting out of this union when she could have done so much better?

• Love 18

If this is the marriage I'm thinking of (I get all these weddings confused), I thought it was a very short time between the announcement and the wedding.  I had the feeling that this was an arrangement between the fathers. I don't know how much "choice" she had in the matter.  But I could be confusing this with  another wedding. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
Just now, CalicoKitty said:

If this is the marriage I'm thinking of (I get all these weddings confused), I thought it was a very short time between the announcement and the wedding.  I had the feeling that this was an arrangement between the fathers. I don't know how much "choice" she had in the matter.  But I could be confusing this with  another wedding. 

This is definitely the one you’re thinking of. Her mom and brother aren’t in the cult, so it seems she could have avoided an arranged marriage had she wanted to. Maybe she just didn’t want to have to, dog forbid, WORK for a living. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, graefin said:

Jed's an ass, consistently now over at least two videos. Tightfisted to the extent that he complains over the money he has to spend to feed his pregnant wife in labor, about to give birth and is now going on about the cost of the cupcake ($4!) his wife is eating while she is eating it

Katey really married down. As we've now seen, Jed isn't funny, smart, charming, or even nice, and apparently he may be having some financial issues as well if any of his many comments about the cost of things are any indication. What the hell did she think she was getting out of this union when she could have done so much better?

I don't think comments like that necessarily indicate financial issues. Apparently they just bought the RV and are planning on renovating it. It seems somewhat natural to think "should I?" with every expenditure.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

This is definitely the one you’re thinking of. Her mom and brother aren’t in the cult, so it seems she could have avoided an arranged marriage had she wanted to. Maybe she just didn’t want to have to, dog forbid, WORK for a living. 

Did her father have custody of her as a minor?  It does seem she would have had an "out", but maybe the brainwashing was just too strong.  For whatever reason, she is forever a Duggar now.

• Sad 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Does he have a real estate license? I thought I heard that somewhere. 

not Jed. JB, Joseph and Jeremiah are the 3 listed  on the Arkansas real estate commission page

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

not Jed. JB, Joseph and Jeremiah are the 3 listed  on the Arkansas real estate commission page

Oh okay. I knew one of the twins had it, just picked the wrong one. 

So it looks like he has all his eggs in the carlot basket.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

It seems somewhat natural to think "should I?" with every expenditure.

Right. Natural if you're an ass who's intent on shaming your wife (and why is it always around food? In another video he condescendingly pinches her cheek while telling the camera how much Katey loves food).

Being in dire financial straits would have been a generous interpretation of his behavior. You're right--being a jerk who can't abide his wife spending any money, even if it's just to feed herself, probably just comes naturally. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

His face is as punchable as ever.  I don't know how Katey puts up with him.  He's a smug entitled asshole, and it's no wonder that no one would marry that prick without daddy's setting it up.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 8

IIRC, Katey's parents had money. I'm not sure who had the higher paying job, or how it worked out after her parents divorced, but it leaves me wondering if her lifestyle is drastically different now.

I remember reading something - a post, or maybe a quote in an article, where Katey's dad basically said her days of piloting planes are now over because she's married.

Did Katey go from somewhat of a well rounded Fundy life to a boring Duggar housewife life?

I just can't get a read on her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

I think it's probably also just commenting on price hikes and inflation that we're all dealing with. And when he commented on the McDonald's he did mention inflation. I'm not a miser and can afford treats but you can be damn sure I'm thinking or commenting to whoever I'm with, when it's $4 for a single cupcake or $11 for a burger and fries from McDonald's.

I spend a lot of time these days having 'wow, how much??!!' conversations

Edit for spelling.

Everybody is.

He didn't "go on" about the donut as someone upthread said. He made a joke. "What was it? $18.00?" They were at the Magnolia Silos*. Those touristy places tend to have crazy high prices on things. He didn't object to the $4.00.

*Now that I've had my tea and am waking up I think that part of the video was at the Dr. Pepper Museum.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I don't see Jed as picking at her in their videos. They seem to be getting along very well and making each other laugh. I'm no fan of the Duggars at all, but I don't see their interactions as being unpleasant. I guess it's a YMMV situation. I'm very surprised that they get along as well as they do, considering that they seem to have spent very little time together prior to marriage and the fact that this is an arranged marriage. Sometimes people in arranged marriages grow to love one another. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

While Jed! reminds me of FF, Katey seems more like Abbie in personality. That said I do think Jed! comes off better with Katey than he did pre-Katey.

Being married is definitely a better look than sharing a bedroom with your 20-something twin and sleeping side by side in twin beds, like Bert and Ernie 🤣.

• Like 3
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

I don’t find it unusual that so many fundies have RVs. They homeschool and a lot of the men are self employed. That gives them the opportunity to take long and/or frequent trips. Families with at least one parent with a 9-5 don’t have that luxury.

It doesn’t surprise me that a married Duggar has an RV. Those kids grew up with an RV and then the Stink Bus. It’s what they know, Jed and Joy have fond memories of that time and it’s normal to do the same with their kids.

To be clear, I would have been miserable living that way, cramped, no agency, no individual thought or actions. I don’t know how I would survive, but the Duggar bots are well programmed.

Does anyone remember what they had before they bought the former ice hockey team stink bus?

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, SMama said:

I don’t find it unusual that so many fundies have RVs. They homeschool and a lot of the men are self employed. That gives them the opportunity to take long and/or frequent trips. Families with at least one parent with a 9-5 don’t have that luxury.

It doesn’t surprise me that a married Duggar has an RV. Those kids grew up with an RV and then the Stink Bus. It’s what they know, Jed and Joy have fond memories of that time and it’s normal to do the same with their kids.

To be clear, I would have been miserable living that way, cramped, no agency, no individual thought or actions. I don’t know how I would survive, but the Duggar bots are well programmed.

Does anyone remember what they had before they bought the former ice hockey team stink bus?

Their old RV was shown in the early specials. I think they called it something like Old Trusty. That is, until it broke down and JL had to save them. I think that was the Route 66 trip to Disneyland.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Their old RV was shown in the early specials. I think they called it something like Old Trusty. That is, until it broke down and JL had to save them. I think that was the Route 66 trip to Disneyland.

Thank you, I remember that, JL made it clear, without being rude, that he was not on board with irresponsible breeding. JB being the ass he is really made his father pay for having a reasonable opinion. They came to Disneyland in evil CA? Interesting.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SMama said:

That gives them the opportunity to take long and/or frequent trips.

How much “schooling” is taking place if they’re always traveling? And most fundies don’t have the money to travel a lot, especially now with sky high gas prices.

1 hour ago, SMama said:

would

1 hour ago, SMama said:
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Thank you, I remember that, JL made it clear, without being rude, that he was not on board with irresponsible breeding. JB being the ass he is really made his father pay for having a reasonable opinion. They came to Disneyland in evil CA? Interesting.

They seem to spend a lot of time in ebil California. How much did it cost for the whole family to go to Disneyland? And the gas cost, yikes.

3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

How much “schooling” is taking place if they’re always traveling? And most fundies don’t have the money to travel a lot, especially now with sky high gas prices.

They seem to spend a lot of time in ebil California. How much did it cost for the whole family to go to Disneyland? And the gas cost, yikes.

It was a TLC-funded trip. No way would the Duggars, even after they became wealthy, pay for 18 people (Hannie was a baby at the time) to go to Disney. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It was a TLC-funded trip. No way would the Duggars, even after they became wealthy, pay for 18 people (Hannie was a baby at the time) to go to Disney. 

They should have sent them to Disney World. Closer and Florida is more their style . . . 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

They should have sent them to Disney World. Closer and Florida is more their style . . . 

TLC had them stop at iconic places along Route 66. That was most of the actual special. Disney hardly featured in it at all. 

• Thanks 3
52 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

TLC had them stop at iconic places along Route 66. That was most of the actual special. Disney hardly featured in it at all. 

Traveling so far with 20+ people seems like a nightmare, especially in a crowded RV. I have no idea why any of them would have fond memories of that.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 7/2/2022 at 5:46 PM, Dehumidifier said:

I don't think comments like that necessarily indicate financial issues. Apparently they just bought the RV and are planning on renovating it. It seems somewhat natural to think "should I?" with every expenditure.

Or they could have plenty of money and he's just a cheap-ass.

(I've been married to one for over 53 years, so I know) 🙄😁

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Traveling so far with 20+ people seems like a nightmare, especially in a crowded RV. I have no idea why any of them would have fond memories of that.

They were "only" at 16 kids when they did this trip. IIRC, FF celebrated his 18th birthday somewhere along the way. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They were "only" at 16 kids when they did this trip. IIRC, FF celebrated his 18th birthday somewhere along the way. 

There must have been a LOT of Nike! at Disney.

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

They weren't all in the RV. FF and the older boys were in a van with a trailer. Still overcrowded, claustrophobic, and probably smelly to boot. 

They visited another fundie breeder family in California, but I don't remember their name. That family had triple bunk beds and sister moms, which I do remember. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

That family they visited was the Dortignac's 

I Googled Dortignacs and found a Michelle Dortignac's IG page. I'm not sure if its them, but they just welcomed their 27th grandchild. They don't look too Fundy though.

BTW, Jessa would be dying if her kids had some of those grandchildren's hair - true curls, no (messy) manufacturing needed.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

image.thumb.png.403e6c239f8918354c52c9c9d9037c2b.png

I'm just going to leave this here; one of you will come up with the appropriate caption...

I feel sorry for the poor little guy, stuffed into 'real' clothes and shoes on a hot summer day when he'd be so much more comfortable barefoot in a onesie.

• Love 18
Just now, Notabug said:

I feel sorry for the poor little guy, stuffed into 'real' clothes and shoes on a hot summer day when he'd be so much more comfortable barefoot in a onesie.

To be fair, he is wearing a guayabera.  I honestly had no idea they made those for babies.  The pants and shoes are a bit much.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5