Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together


Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)
 

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

As someone else noted the party was so much smaller this year.  Jessa usually records it but I did not see her or her kids there. Also interesting Joy's family was not there so maybe there is some truth to the gossip about them not wanting to be around Anna. The best moment was Gracie's face, she is over this whole baby obsessed family. Tru is  a cute baby, too bad they couldn't allow him to be "the" baby for another year or two.

  • Like 8
Link to comment

12 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

As someone else noted the party was so much smaller this year.  Jessa usually records it but I did not see her or her kids there. Also interesting Joy's family was not there so maybe there is some truth to the gossip about them not wanting to be around Anna. The best moment was Gracie's face, she is over this whole baby obsessed family. Tru is  a cute baby, too bad they couldn't allow him to be "the" baby for another year or two.

Yeah, but I wondered if the guy in the black/turquoise jacket was Austin. They seemed to have a beard. Still, no other Forsyths seemed to be present and I can't imagine Austin willingly wanting to be around the Duggars (other than John-David) without Joy and the kids.

ETA: Around 9:17 in the video - when Jason is reading Katey's shirt.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Yup! I think it's really interesting that despite the fact that none of the Duggar kids have broken off as much as I wanted them too, Jed is the only one who is publicly aiming to completely copy his parents. I'm not a bit surprised given his run for office and (rumoured) betrothal. I am a little surprised that that a howler, raised by sister moms in the era where Michelle and JB were checked out enough to starting losing them at airports and down orchestra pits, thinks 19+ kids is something he wants for his family. I suppose it has to do with pretty much always having positive attention from the tv exposure. I wouldn't be surprised if it's never occurred to Jed! that having 19 kids really means at least some time living a life of pretty heavy-duty poverty.

Dear Jed: ever heard the phrase “lightning doesn’t strike twice?” You will never become rich and famous by having 19 kids. Your idiot parents already did that. And other famous families did it better anyway; in fact, I remember a special on a family back in the late 1970s who adopted a ton of special needs kids so they could give them a better life, not so they could brag about how godly they were and build an “army” of brainwashed weirdos. So, stuff it, nitwit. And use some damn birth control.

  • Like 5
  • Applause 18
Link to comment
1 minute ago, LilJen said:

Dear Jed: ever heard the phrase “lightning doesn’t strike twice?” You will never become rich and famous by having 19 kids. Your idiot parents already did that. And other famous families did it better anyway; in fact, I remember a special on a family back in the late 1970s who adopted a ton of special needs kids so they could give them a better life, not so they could brag about how godly they were and build an “army” of brainwashed weirdos. So, stuff it, nitwit. And use some damn birth control.

That family was the DeBolts. They attended my very liberal Presbyterian church when I was a kid. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 10
Link to comment

Jana responds with an unemotional "Oh, nice, congrats!" (translation: "Yeah, whatever"), while Michelle's voice rises several octaves further into insanity ("Auuuunt Kaaaaateeeey's goooonna haaaaave aaaaaaanother baaaaaayyybeeeee!!!!!" she whisper-screeches).

Meanwhile, Gracie's reaction to those around is pure gold. You have to watch it to truly appreciate it; the screen grab just doesn't do it justice (for those who don't want to subject themselves to the whole video, it starts around 7:54).

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, graefin said:

Meanwhile, Gracie's reaction to those around is pure gold. You have to watch it to truly appreciate it; the screen grab just doesn't do it justice (for those who don't want to subject themselves to the whole video, it starts around 7:54).

Also right after that (while Jed and Katey are telling Jim Bob), Gracie can be seen in the background with her Aunt Jana... I like to think they're commiserating on the craziness around them and their lack of enthusiasm on Jedling #2.

  • LOL 8
Link to comment


56 minutes ago, realityfan26 said:

I don't think these people even understand the concept of ugly sweater.  They treat it like a costume party.

I think at one point Katey referred to the party as ugly sweater, sort of costume. It seems like wear whatever ridiculous outfit you want.

  • Like 4
  • LOL 5
Link to comment

43 minutes ago, ChristmasCandy said:

It would be a big surprise if none of them were pregnant.

I know fall 2019 we had that big wave where 6 I think Duggar grandchildren were due in a 4month span-the only ones not pregnant during that time (of the marrieds) were Jessa and Jinger, and Joy had a still birth. 

From a statistics point of view I wonder what are the chances of all of the marrieds (except for Anna) being pregnant at once before one of them ends their reproductive lifespan (artificially, or because of peri-menopause). 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
Link to comment

I skipped through a lot of the video, with the sound off.  Gracie’s facial expressions at Meech are awesome.  The way Katey was carrying the baby around was driving me crazy.  He looks pretty solid and I’m sure he’s heavy to carry all the time, but I thought she was either going to drop him or swing him into a cabinet or something!  And the stupid side hug business.  Not that I would ever want Boob to touch me, but he can’t even give his daughter-in-law a full hug when she excitedly announces her pregnancy?  They are just so strange!

  • Like 8
Link to comment

Going back a little, if the only choices are Jed! and Nathan, can I choose a convent?

Gracie is all of us.  I loved her little dress, though.  Michelle must have set all the neighborhood dogs howling with that high pitched squealing.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/21/2022 at 3:37 PM, Meow Mix said:

Going back a little, if the only choices are Jed! and Nathan, can I choose a convent?

Gracie is all of us.  I loved her little dress, though.  Michelle must have set all the neighborhood dogs howling with that high pitched squealing.

I'll reserve a cell for you next to mine in the convent. The Sisters of St. Odran of Jed-and-Nate-Please-Don't-Touch-Me. 

Save you a search: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oran_of_Iona

 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
Link to comment

Christmas video:

It would be a good idea to put some socks and shoes on your baby on one of the coldest days of the year.

I think there were fewer people in the big house on Christmas day than at the Ugly Sweater party.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Christmas video:

It would be a good idea to put some socks and shoes on your baby on one of the coldest days of the year.

I think there were fewer people in the big house on Christmas day than at the Ugly Sweater party.

I didn't even see Jer and Hannah. I guess they were in Nebraska? But I thought she is due at any moment and would like to be closer to her doctor/(hopefully legitimate) midwife.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think there were fewer people in the big house on Christmas day than at the Ugly Sweater party.

Looks like basically the same crew... the at-home kids (Josie was visible this time, though I didn't notice James or Jana), Anna and her kids, and JD's family. Josiah was there, too. That's about it. Of course, it was only a couple minutes of footage, and perhaps shot early on and others came later. Or maybe the Duggars are actually starting to respect each other's privacy and Jed stopped filming/ edited out those who didn't want to appear (ha, who am I kidding...)?

ETA: James posted his own video, so he was there, too, as was Jana. No sign of Michelle, strangely enough. And in James's video you can see that the pile of gifts for Josiah's family is labelled Josiah, Lauren, Bella and Daisy.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
Link to comment

17 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

And in James's video you can see that the pile of gifts for Josiah's family is labelled Josiah, Lauren, Bella and Daisy.

Daisy would fit in with the A, B, C . . . D theme we've suspected they were using.

  • Like 6
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...