Type keyword(s) to search

Jed! and Katey: Biblically Bunking Together

Message added by Scarlett45

I know Jed ran for office, it is not allowed for discussion here due to our Politics Policy. (The show is Cancelled)

Please do not discuss his campaign OR anyone else's. Unauthorized discussion of Jed's political campaign will result in warnings. Please PM the mods, @Scarlett45 and @deaja if you have questions. 

• Start Topic

I have to say Truett's yawn was cute.  He's at the stage where everything goes in his mouth, so I hope they are careful.  In that chaotic mess at the TTH, I am sure there were choking hazards all over the place.  

One thing that is interesting is that a few years ago there were a lot of non Duggars at their Christmas day activities.  I suspect that now that the show is done, a lot of those sweet friends have fallen away.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This is one of those perfectly worded, perfectly descriptive phrases that I love so much on these threads.

I love it, too. What is going on with some of the Bates and Duggar men’s fugly, silly hair these days?

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

What was unexpected about it?

Jed probably thought his holy peen would produce a righteous peen-bearing boy every time? Other than that, not a damn thing. 

I predict that by kid #3*, they'll learn to keep the gender or name or both a secret until the birth. Gotta keep some suspense to get clicks. 

*You know, in about a year

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
On 12/28/2022 at 2:56 PM, laurakaye said:

This is one of those perfectly worded, perfectly descriptive phrases that I love so much on these threads.

And I love that there are people (like you), who take the time to voice their appreciation in such perfectly worded ways 🥰

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Based on the gender guess board, looks like Siren was there along with the Seewalds, along with other random people. Bigger crowd than Christmas.

Saw Lauren checking in for both of them on the girl side. 

Spurgeon has very poor writing for a 7 year old. My kinders can write their names more legibly.

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What was unexpected about it?

I didn’t watch the video posted above, but I watched part of James’ video. He chose to do the reveal in a different way than Jed & Katey thought, so I guess that was the unexpected bit.

It was nice to see Jed (in James’ video) taking care of the baby.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Spurgeon has very poor writing for a 7 year old. My kinders can write their names more legibly.

In the video when Spuge went to write his name the board was up on the countertop and about a foot back from the edge. He had to reach both up above his head and at a very odd angle to write his name.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
21 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

In the video when Spuge went to write his name the board was up on the countertop and about a foot back from the edge. He had to reach both up above his head and at a very odd angle to write his name.

Why do people make things more difficult than they need to be. So easy just to move tge board where he could reach it.

• Like 8

I think Katey is pretty likeable. That said, I wish she'd had a chance at a more normal life. She seems to be making the most of the Duggar life she's chosen. Not sure how much choice she had regarding who she married. 

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

True got one Christmas as an only child. How sad. Is Katey trying to beat Kendra and Michelle in the baby race? 

Jed! has stated that he was trying to catch his parents so I guess Katey has no choice. Jed! was sort of kidding when he said this, but I think he has bought into the JB rhetoric about filling the world with Duggars.

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

The first bride was giving serious Nike.

The boys need to get their nasty shoes off the furniture in the RV.  

The church for the first wedding was pretty.

Sparklers as the bride and groom are leaving terrify me.  I am always scared a stray spark is going to catch on the bride's dress.  The second bride wasn't quite as Nike, but the mesh allowed her to show more skin.

• Like 3

Just watched a few minutes of their YouTube video about the trip to Italy. So they have a ton of baggage but in their carry ons they only packed snacks. So when the checked bags get lost, Jed!, Katey and True have no clothes. But I guess plenty of snacks. Also, shockingly, Jed! acts like a dope, much like JimBoob used to act when he was in another country.

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Just watched a few minutes of their YouTube video about the trip to Italy. So they have a ton of baggage but in their carry ons they only packed snacks. So when the checked bags get lost, Jed!, Katey and True have no clothes. But I guess plenty of snacks. Also, shockingly, Jed! acts like a dope, much like JimBoob used to act when he was in another country.

Well, since the downfall of the FF, Jed! appears to have taken up the mantle of heir apparent. So yeah, JB Jr. 

I think he's a smug asshole. 

• Like 16
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

Did they think airports and other countries don’t sell food or what?

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Well, since the downfall of the FF, Jed! appears to have taken up the mantle of heir apparent. So yeah, JB Jr. 

I think he's a smug asshole. 

Hola!

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

I had no clothes for three weeks in Kenya when the airlines lost my luggage.  But--my carryon had extra underwear,  my pillow, my toothbrush and other basic necessities.  I borrowed clothes from the other people in my group, and the airlines gave me enough money to buy some Tshirts and some shoes and socks.  At least they were somewhere with a lot of stores and supplies.  Rural Kenya, not so much.  How could you travel with a baby and not have baby clothes and supplies at the ready?  I wonder how soon their luggage was found.  Mine arrived 3 weeks after I was home.  I hope they packed good snacks.  Maybe they learned a lesson in how to pack.

• Like 14

You'd think that they would have better packing skills for their international trip, than they displayed. As @CalicoKitty noted, and as IMO is common sense: your carry-on bag should hold a change of (at least) underwear, plus toiletries and other necessities including medicines. 

But of course the Duggar males have always been waited on hand and foot by their sisters, and I'm sure haven't had to give a thought to the logistics of luggage. I'd bet that when the Duggars went on those international trips, the production company handled the luggage logistics (after they got the footage of Jessa or whoever "packing" for the family). 

As to domestic trips, they seem to fly around in that private plane all the time, so they wouldn't know sh*t about checking bags from that. 

I don't know how much Katey's traveled, but I assume she was responsible for packing for herself, her husband, and her baby. For all I know she followed her headship's instructions or wishes. I suppose Jana or one of the older sisters packed for the other guys.

I doubt that any Duggar learned sh*t from the experience. They aren't learners - if they ever were by nature, that was blanket-trained out of them and/or otherwise squelched quite firmly by their authoritarian parents and the Gothard cult. I don't know about Katey; she seems well and truly indoctrinated, so I suspect her mind is firmly closed to new inputs as well.

Also - I wonder if they arrived at the airport to check in for their flights on Duggar time. If so, I think that might not have have boded well for their checked bags. 

• Like 18

Thankfully Kathy was able to borrow makeup from Jana. Can you imagine if she was seen without makeup!?! I’m guessing Jed! did not help at all in the packing. In the video he was lounging around on the bed, probably in the way.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

As a mom myself I get forgetting things for me, but I know for sure my carry-on would be loaded with diapers, wipes, pacifiers, formula if needed, changes of clothes for my child, toys and snacks for him if appropriate.

And did they only have one carry-on? Because again if this was me, my husband's carry-on would have been packed for us - meds, clothes, books and possibly, but doubtfully, a snack and maybe water.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I didn’t see it mentioned where they are on the Instagram post. Was it mentioned in the comments?

No, it was from Reddit not Instagram, I'm not sure if I am allowed to post from Reddit.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Catonc said:

No, it was from Reddit not Instagram, I'm not sure if I am allowed to post from Reddit.

The pictures I posted above are from their Instagram post but they don’t mention where they are, or were. So I’m wondering how it would be known, or was it someone’s guess?

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The pictures I posted above are from their Instagram post but they don’t mention where they are, or were. So I’m wondering how it would be known, or was it someone’s guess?

No guesses, the location was posted on the pictures from Reddit. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Catonc said:

No guesses, the location was posted on the pictures from Reddit. 

Baffling. More fundies with no actual jobs traveling to places most working people only dream about. How was McDonald's in Hawaii, fundies? Any better than McD's in Italy? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 16
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

Baffling. More fundies with no actual jobs traveling to places most working people only dream about. How was McDonald's in Hawaii, fundies? Any better than McD's in Italy? 

Immediately following a 3 WEEK trip to Italy/Israel. Lots of money and time off from “work” . . . 

• Like 16
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1