Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Fashion Faux Pas

• Start Topic

Now that Sundance is over, Lisa makes a promise; Whitney grows concerned when her dad says he's ready to move on from the treatment center; Heather finally comes clean with her daughters over her hesitations with Mormonism.

Airdate 12.23.2020

• Useful 1

Well, that was boring, I zoned out so many times. Too much talking about religion and too much everyone’s  kids, Bravo get whiny ass Brooks off my TV please! And too much Whitney’s Dad with the Adam Lambert wig. Don’t care. 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 16

Well, Meredith and Lisa are also bitches - Mary & Jen can take a backseat.  Why is Meredith trying to rid herself of a perfectly good husband and father?  Talk to your friendHeather about how easy it is to find someone decent when you’re a “woman of a certain age”.  Lisa may also be losing her husband if she doesn’t start giving him back little more attention that isn’t related to their business.

• Love 11

No Whitney, you didn’t “kill” the runway, not by any metric. I realized this is episode seven and we’ve seen Whitney on the pole three times, which is roughly every other episode.  Is that supposed to be titillating?  What did I do to deserve this?

I wouldn’t call any of that “fashion.”  Unless...it’s an ironic take on fashion?  Now that I’ve heard from the likes of Brooks, and seen his clothes, I don’t blame the dad for being in Ohio.  I’m just surprised he didn’t travel farther.

Has Heather been married before?  Does Whitney’s dad have problems?  They haven’t really mentioned it.

Heather and Whitney, if you guys hate the Mormon Church so much, don’t participate in it!  You don’t have to be “under the cultural Mormon thumb” unless you consent to same.  I don’t sit around wondering out loud what some other church thinks about me all the damned time. I don’t get the impression the Mormon Church cares about either of these clowns, so why not just part ways amicably?  It’s like trash-talking an old boyfriend; why care so much?

This is Jen in her medicated state?  Scary.  Might I suggest they up her dose of Thorazine?  She said Coach Shah was going to leave her at one point?  Something tells me that idea isn’t completely off the table.

Lisa is boring.  I had high hopes for her in the beginning, but my hopes went somewhere to die a long time ago.

I kind of respect Meredith’s lack of emotion about her separation.  This franchise has enough emotion and hysteria to go around.  I have a problem with Jen in general, but I don’t have a problem with her spilling the tea on Meredith’s marriage per se; I think that’s what the show’s about.  What I did note, and what I did not respect, was Whitney sort of teasing the topic for Jen to speak on, but being unwilling to say anything about it directly, which means her fingerprints won’t be on the murder weapon come reunion time (if there is a reunion and they don’t just put this thing out of its misery).  That’s shady boots, Whitney.  Your hands are dirty in spreading gossip and rumor about another woman’s marriage—the same axe Whitney is grinding about her own marriage ten years later.  Hypocrite, Whitney be thy name!

This is Whitney’s dad “sober”?  He looks like Slade Smiley five years and several bottles of shoe polish from now.

I don’t think Heather has enough self-awareness to be able to identify her “moral failings.”  I think she keeps tossing that phrase around so that she can be a victim and so that people—in this case, her kids—will sing her praises and absolve her.  That’s immaturity masquerading as maturity to me. 

Whitney and Justin get it on four or five times a week?  Bullshit.  Unless that’s what she meant about not minding “a little prick” in her tag line...

• LOL 8
  • Love 11

Brooks stomping stoically in front of the prancing models was one of the funniest Bravo fashion show scenes ever.

Sloppy editing...when Meredith and Brooks were in the kitchen Meredith is shown speaking while Brooks is cutting a grapefruit while wearing a brown, zipped up, padded jacket.  When she finishes her sentence they cut back to Brooks now in just a sweatshirt still working at the grapefruit.  

WTF with Mary and her son?  Her 17 year old leaves the house at 6 pm and doesn't return until the following day (presumably unplanned at the time of departure) without any contacting his parents?  Seemed totally scripted from start to giddy, huggy finish.

Speaking of appearing totally set up, that exposition scene at the salon between Whitney and Heather where the two cousins were talking like people who had only met recently and were getting to know one another.  Then. comes the Heather and her girls scene... I can understand production leading the cast in a direction, but nothing these people do seems to develop organically from that point.  This group is either uninteresting or over the top with little left in between.

Biggest surprise was that Whitney's father's hair is apparently not a wig after all judging by the hairline shown during the trampoline scene.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Oh Brooks Marks, how I hate you. I've been to Ohio; it's better than your "fashion line".  Here's my question:  does he really think he wants to be a designer, or did he just slap his name on a sweatsuit for a "storyline" for this show?  Also, I was feeling bad for dad when they called him, until he bleated, "This conversation is giving me anxiety!"  Who are these people?  And "so proud" - are you fucking kidding me?  My much younger sister is on her 3rd round of chemo in 5 years (she has had a double mastectomy and hysterectomy) and she runs a small home-schooling kindergarten coop for her 5 year old, and she googles home repairs and carries them out for the tenants in the duplex she owns, and volunteers at her church.  I am proud of her.  I'm friends with a young man at my church who just graduated with an engineering degree while working at a company that liked him so much they offered him full time employment upon graduation.  In his free time he mentors the junior high kids from the church.  I am proud of him.  I have literally seen Brooks Marks do nothing except whine, preen and wear lipstick.  If this is something to be proud of I can't imagine why.  And I hope dad isn't reading this - I'd hate to cause him anxiety 😄 

Heather's sign in her business:  "Life is short.  Get the lips."  Possibly the worst advice I've ever heard - no one looks good in "the lips" 😄   Also - this is a pet peeve from my own life rather than hers, but I hate when parents of young teens act like the young teens' "relationships" are on a par with adults who have been married for years.  I'm glad her daughter has a nice boyfriend, but the wise mother would leave it at that.

Lisa's family participating in "family goal setting" so that she can present something she thinks makes her look clever on camera - it was sweet how they all got into it.  I like her husband much better than Mr. Marks.  And her kids are young enough to enjoy showing off a little (in a cute way) for the camera rather than being embarrassed by it like Mary's kid, or insufferable like Brooks Marks.

Another question:  during the "fashion show" someone said something about "Shah pieces" being included.  Does Jen claim to be a designer?  Do her teenage sons claim to be designers?  What are their "pieces"?  I want to know.  Also - you know what would give me anxiety?  Someone showing up in my bathroom to wait on me while I'm brushing my teeth in the morning!  These weirdos create their own problems.

And if some dude is in love with Meredith - I hope he watches this and realizes that Brooks Marks is part of the package and dumps their asses! 😄 

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, princelina said:

Another question:  during the "fashion show" someone said something about "Shah pieces" being included.  Does Jen claim to be a designer? 

I wondered that at first too, but then I thought she meant outfits that she would like to wear herself.  I don't know for sure though.  My question about the fashion show was what the hell was Meredith wearing?  All I could see was the nude fabric underneath it. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JLaw said:

I regularly watch a TV show featuring someone who married their step grandfather and someone who did a fashion show only with a track suit.  What am I doing with my life?

So say we all.

Brooks made some remark about it being so great or groundbreaking or something that both of his names end in “ks.”  I’m an old, does that mean something?!  What an exhausting person he is.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

I seriously cannot stand Brooks. That "fashion show" was a complete joke. I laughed at the models awkwardly jogging behind him. I'm glad Jenn snarked on it.

This was a Mary lite episode and I'm happy about that.

I actually like Heather and I liked the conversation between her and her daughters. They seem like sweet girls

• Love 20
5 hours ago, bosawks said:

Brooks’ fashion show reminded me of my 8th grade science project when I went out front and picked out rocks and tossed them in a shoebox with a sign that said “rocks” the morning it was due.

And I still think I spent more time on that....

I may be dating myself but he totally stole those straps from Mommy Dearest.  It looked like Christopher’s pjs with the straps used to strap him in bed...of course, the little entitled brat didn’t know who Prince was, so maybe he thought he was being original...

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Brooks so would have fit in during the OC teen era on OC.  He gets more focus than Meredith does....only because she's more subdued I gather.

Lisa and hubby...they seem like a typical married couple.  And deep within her frost is a bit of warmth.   She's just a type A personality.

Heather does seem to talk to he daughters like they're her contemporaries.  That's a boundary one has to be careful not to cross too much...imho

Jen...if this is her being treated for mental health...I'm scared to see what she was like before.  

Mary seems to exist in Mary's world...I would need to read the travel book before I ventured there.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

He calls his father to tell him what a shitty and unsupportive a father he is, which is some bull shit. 

This has bothered me as well.  He is a pouty, emo sort of guy who probably lives an upper/upper-middle class life (which his dad gave him) and he is bitching about his dad not being at his "fashion show?"  Please.

I don't watch all of the HW shows and I am watching this to see Salt Lake City; I've never been there.  My general understanding is if any of these housewives are on the show, the Mormon Church has been done with them for a long time ago.  Heather should only be sad it took her such a long time to figure it out.  

We'll see how Mary does with her Congregation.  I don't think Pentacostals are particularly wealthy but I don't profess to know much about the faith so it will be interesting to see how her experience plays out.  Regarding her son, I would have slapped him to sleep if he had showed up at home a day later.  She was completely unfazed; what was up with that?  I spent half a day in bed when our indoor cat escaped (she hid and came home the next evening).

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I have despised Jen (don’t know what her original face looks like) until her snark on Brook’s fashion show. I still don’t like Jen, but she’s much better than whiny, I put duct tape in a black onesie, Brooks.

Tomorrow I am going to put duct tape on some sweats and do a fashion runway for my hubby 🤣 

Jen, really a low bar, you should take the win and go away.

Bravo really sucks. 

And I have no life and really am tired of being stuck a home for 10 months.

Don't forget to write your name on the duct tape with a black Sharpie!

The ST and TS combo in your name is fierce! Stats Queen. Much more fierce than ks, ks (isn't that the sound Visco girls make? are they still a thing?) You rock it girl!

Yes, I think I'm losing it, or maybe it's already gone, I can't tell anymore.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JLaw said:

I regularly watch a TV show featuring someone who married their step grandfather and someone who did a fashion show only with a track suit.  What am I doing with my life?

what's even more confounding... i have a girlfriend who does NOT watch this shit and yet she still stays with me... count your blessings

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

So say we all.

Brooks made some remark about it being so great or groundbreaking or something that both of his names end in “ks.”  I’m an old, does that mean something?!  What an exhausting person he is.

He said that and I immediately became excited about what the commentary would be on this website. He said it was “killer” or “stellar” or something stupid. I don’t think I’ve ever rolled my eyes harder. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, ichbin said:

Biggest surprise was that Whitney's father's hair is apparently not a wig after all judging by the hairline shown during the trampoline scene.

I posted about it the first week.  He is (was??) a hairdresser/salon owner/hair products distributer and I saw a video interview of him from 12 years ago. He had the same 'do and pulled on it to prove it wasn't a wig.

Whitney's sweet and tried in vain to express her concerns to her dad about leaving the sober house early.  I feel for her because she's got her hopes up and sees great changes in her dad, but recovery isn't always a straight line.  I wish him success in his recovery and a brighter future...

• Love 4
4 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I may be dating myself but he totally stole those straps from Mommy Dearest.  It looked like Christopher’s pjs with the straps used to strap him in bed...of course, the little entitled brat didn’t know who Prince was, so maybe he thought he was being original...

It is called a "halter" and has been around men's fashion for quite some time.  I see them a lot on Project Runway (Brooks is nowhere near the level of those competitors, though it would be fun to see him try).  I honestly tried to look for something on his tracksuits that distinguished one from the other and I really believe they were all the same.  Are we being "punked?"

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

It is called a "halter" and has been around men's fashion for quite some time.  I see them a lot on Project Runway (Brooks is nowhere near the level of those competitors, though it would be fun to see him try).  I honestly tried to look for something on his tracksuits that distinguished one from the other and I really believe they were all the same.  Are we being "punked?"

Well, Brooks is a punk...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I really liked Heather’s talk with her daughters. 
Sorry, but Whitney’s father is u.g.l.y!

I am sticking to my opinion about Owen Wilson playing Whitney's father in the made for TV movie.

17 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

When Brooks did his runway walk thing with his "models" jogging behind him, all I could think of was: He's trying to channel Dieter from Sprockets

tenor.png

OMG, perfect! Did he make any of his models touch his monkey? LOL.

• LOL 7

I was hopeful this show would be at least a little different. It had the potential to give people a glimpse into life within the LDS. I had a Mormon boss for many years and many co-workersof the same faith. They were all very nice, decent people. This just seems to be OC 2.0 except that these women may truly be wealthy unlike the phonies in the OC. I don't get what Mary is doing in this, she is virtually unwatchable. But, then so is the show. Jen, whom I can't stand, was the only one worth watching the other night, and then only for the few minutes she was snarking on that obnoxious, pretentious brat and his fashion line of identical running suits. Too bad. Leave it to BRAVO to trash up everything they touch.

• Love 4
On 12/24/2020 at 12:58 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I have been stewing about Brooks Marks all day, he thinks that the double "ks" is really something and it is not.  He calls his father to tell him what a shitty and unsupportive a father he is, which is some bull shit.  I have a feeling that his father is the reason Brooks even has the capital to make that horrible waste of fabric he calls his fashion line.  Think about it, he is pissed off because his father did not interrupt his work week to fly in to see his asshole son march down a runway followed by six men in identical sweat suits for three minutes.  Dollars to donuts that kid does not have a student loan or pay his own rent because of his father and will loose none of his own money when the he looses interest in the double ks fashion line.

You know what else has a ks is fucks, fucks you Brooks Marks, fucks you.

And shame on Mother Brooks for letting your son talk to his father like that (yet accept money from him for school, etc...).

I cannot stand that fucker!

I also thought the same thing:  the dad probably paid for this shit and then there's the fact his fashion show was what, 5 minutes long?  

If I had a kid like that I'd want to be states away.  Meredith seems rather joyless to me, so Ohio probably sounds like heaven to him.

• Love 12

So wow, Lisa, you are really really really really really busy being a business woman building that brand.  Like wow, so really really really really really busy that you must talk about being really really really really really busy and must make goals about saying no because you are really really really really really busy.  None more busier than Lisa!

Edited by Boo Boo
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4

How many episodes are left? First seasons are usually shorter, are they not? 

think I might end the season but I don't think I'll be watching another one. 

I usually like or at least find myself entertained by one or more women from the other franchises but in this one they're all falling flat, for me at least. Heather's convo with her daughters was nice but I think this was material for the 1st or 2nd episode, it's not that I dislike her and her situation is at least relatable but after 7 episodes of just talking about it... I'm just bored. 

Meredith is fine to me, but like someone else mentioned, it seems that she only wanted to be on the show just so she could give a platform for Brooks, and boy what a terrible mistake that was.

I worked around one year in a fashion publication (in a tiny city in México, very small) and while very rewarding and inspiring, it is one tough job. Being at a runway or a photoshoot is magical, but that's the last 10% of the actual work that goes into it. Brooks being late to his own event and just gluing his name in a tracksuit while simultaneously bitching about his dad not being there to see his lonely sweats being marched around for 10 seconds is infuriating. We can all laugh about how they're trying to paint Park City Fashion Week as some big deal when it's just a local event promoting local stores, but trust many young designers (who actually finished college unlike "Brooksie") would kill to have this arena to present their designs.

It's apparent that Jen researched all HW shows and picked the best/worst traits of the most famous housewives in order to become the breakout star herself, I think she's even trying to make herself happen by fighting with Kelly Dodd and Brandi Glanville on Twitter. Sorry, but so far she's the biggest fail of the entire cast, even below Mary. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

So wow, Lisa, you are really really really really really busy being a business woman building that brand.  Like wow, so really really really really really busy that you must talk about being really really really really really busy that you must make goals about saying no because you are really really really really really busy.  None more busier than Lisa!

I know people like this.  Usually the same people who never watch TV. We get it your life is busy and I have all the time in the world.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, applecrisp said:

I know people like this.  Usually the same people who never watch TV. We get it your life is busy and I have all the time in the world.

Oh yes, I know people like that too. They get off on people thinking they are sooooooo busy.  

• Love 10

What a boring episode. I agree with Meredith being joyless. She's a walking buzzkill and so is her son.

Heather's pow wow with her daughter's was staged and invasive. 

Lisa believes her own hype.

Whitney and Jen on the stripper pole. Just no. Ain't no one got time for that.

Thankfully, no Mary, though she's more watchable than the rest of them.

Boring. Much like Salt Lake City itself. I can say that, I live here.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 12/24/2020 at 12:25 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Brooks so would have fit in during the OC teen era on OC.  He gets more focus than Meredith does....only because she's more subdued I gather.

Lisa and hubby...they seem like a typical married couple.  And deep within her frost is a bit of warmth.   She's just a type A personality.

Heather does seem to talk to he daughters like they're her contemporaries.  That's a boundary one has to be careful not to cross too much...imho

Jen...if this is her being treated for mental health...I'm scared to see what she was like before.  

Mary seems to exist in Mary's world...I would need to read the travel book before I ventured there.

I bet BrooKS MarKS would have been an OC Air Angel!  
“This is a photo shoot not a gang bang!”

Meredith is apparently only doing this show to get BrooKS MarKS on tv.  Does anyone else think he looks a lot like Ezra Miller?  

On 12/26/2020 at 12:30 PM, Boo Boo said:
On 12/26/2020 at 12:05 PM, applecrisp said:

Oh yes, I know people like that too. They get off on people thinking they are sooooooo busy.  

Ditto...back in my early 20’s I had a musician ex-boyfriend like this. SO MUCH BUSIER than anyone else in the world, oh so very busy! Everyone should’ve been so impressed by how insanely busy he was!! He’d call/email me maybe 1-2x a week and we’d get together for dates maybe a handful of times...I eventually found out that he was just super “busy” getting busy with several other women, of course.

So I’ve been naturally dubious about any of those “so busy” types ever since: sorry Lisa, I’m still not impressed and don’t believe you’re nearly as “busy” as you’d like to rasp to the rest of us seemingly lazy peons otherwise. 

Gosh, how dare Meredith’s husband miss his adult son’s 10 second black prison jumpsuit fashion show! What an unsupportive parent he truly is to not leave work and fly across the country to watch such a grand debut!!
Now I’m officially rooting for him to run away to Ohio forever and leave BOTH of those weirdos behind. 

Heather, go out and get your freak on, girl. Be a slut and have fun; you don’t need permission from anyone, especially not your kids. Being an older single mom has gotta be rough dating-wise, especially if you’re a successful business owner stuck in boring SLC...

Jen might soon become my fave if she just spent the rest of the season trashing Brooks like he deserves. More scenes of her taunting him with “her vagina” too, please!! 

• Love 18
On 12/23/2020 at 9:57 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I haven’t been following the show, but dropped in for a few scenes.  When was this filmed?  I didn’t see anyone in a mask. 

I have seen Christmas decorations in some scenes, so I have assumed they were Christmas 2019, before the virus ramped up.

• Love 2

So here is how I see RHSLC:

I think they shot this in the hopes that something better would come along and they could toss this.  With so many shows on hiatus due to the virus, Bravo was forced to run this mess.  This show doesn’t even meet Bravo standards, but they had no other viable options.

The fashion week thing was a great idea that needed some actual designers to participate.  The one with the vodka business that wouldn’t even pick up the phone for her kids?  Heinous doesn’t begin to describe her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Heather, go out and get your freak on, girl. Be a slut and have fun; you don’t need permission from anyone, especially not your kids. Being an older single mom has gotta be rough dating-wise, especially if you’re a successful business owner stuck in boring SLC...

Agree!  Too bad her cousin Whitney thinks it just so easy.  Hey Whitney, call me when you’re your husband’s age and he’s left you and tell me how easy it is.  

• Love 5
On 12/24/2020 at 12:30 AM, princelina said:

Oh Brooks Marks, how I hate you. I've been to Ohio; it's better than your "fashion line".  Here's my question:  does he really think he wants to be a designer, or did he just slap his name on a sweatsuit for a "storyline" for this show?  Also, I was feeling bad for dad when they called him, until he bleated, "This conversation is giving me anxiety!"  Who are these people?  And "so proud" - are you fucking kidding me?  My much younger sister is on her 3rd round of chemo in 5 years (she has had a double mastectomy and hysterectomy) and she runs a small home-schooling kindergarten coop for her 5 year old, and she googles home repairs and carries them out for the tenants in the duplex she owns, and volunteers at her church.  I am proud of her.  I'm friends with a young man at my church who just graduated with an engineering degree while working at a company that liked him so much they offered him full time employment upon graduation.  In his free time he mentors the junior high kids from the church.  I am proud of him.  I have literally seen Brooks Marks do nothing except whine, preen and wear lipstick.  If this is something to be proud of I can't imagine why.  And I hope dad isn't reading this - I'd hate to cause him anxiety 😄 

Heather's sign in her business:  "Life is short.  Get the lips."  Possibly the worst advice I've ever heard - no one looks good in "the lips" 😄   Also - this is a pet peeve from my own life rather than hers, but I hate when parents of young teens act like the young teens' "relationships" are on a par with adults who have been married for years.  I'm glad her daughter has a nice boyfriend, but the wise mother would leave it at that.

Lisa's family participating in "family goal setting" so that she can present something she thinks makes her look clever on camera - it was sweet how they all got into it.  I like her husband much better than Mr. Marks.  And her kids are young enough to enjoy showing off a little (in a cute way) for the camera rather than being embarrassed by it like Mary's kid, or insufferable like Brooks Marks.

Another question:  during the "fashion show" someone said something about "Shah pieces" being included.  Does Jen claim to be a designer?  Do her teenage sons claim to be designers?  What are their "pieces"?  I want to know.  Also - you know what would give me anxiety?  Someone showing up in my bathroom to wait on me while I'm brushing my teeth in the morning!  These weirdos create their own problems.

And if some dude is in love with Meredith - I hope he watches this and realizes that Brooks Marks is part of the package and dumps their asses! 😄 

This is one of my favorite posts ever! 🙌🏻

• Love 1
On 12/27/2020 at 4:05 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Gosh, how dare Meredith’s husband miss his adult son’s 10 second black prison jumpsuit fashion show! What an unsupportive parent he truly is to not leave work and fly across the country to watch such a grand debut!!
Now I’m officially rooting for him to run away to Ohio forever and leave BOTH of those weirdos behind. 

On 12/24/2020 at 12:30 AM, princelina said:

B.M. saying he was offended by his dad not being there.  Oh STFU a-hole. 

7 episodes in and I still can't tell the difference between Lisa and Meredith.  BOTH of them are just joyless, boring human beings.  Jen may be nuts but at least she's entertaining T.V.  If this show comes back next year they need to seriously revamp the cast!

• Love 3