Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Fashion Faux Pas

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Ewww this gross Brooks week after week, WHY? He’s a talentless brat and his voice is so phony and weird. 

Also, his lip gloss, ugh, I mean clearly he is a winter and not a summer.

Was he giving us Blue Steel when he was on the cat walk?

• LOL 10
49 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, his lip gloss, ugh, I mean clearly he is a winter and not a summer.

Was he giving us Blue Steel when he was on the cat walk?

He looked like an idiot and I felt bad for the idiots jogging behind him. Imagine having to wear that ugly track suit and take directions from that punk! 

• Love 9
On 12/29/2020 at 6:32 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Ewww this gross Brooks week after week, WHY? He’s a talentless brat and his voice is so phony and weird. 

Right?! As if he’s not annoying enough in general, he affects that idiotic lazy Kardashian vocal fry. I wonder if he realizes just how much small dick energy he projects when he whines about his daddy issues, almond milk, and juice cleanses. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Right?! As if he’s not annoying enough in general, he affects that idiotic lazy Kardashian vocal fry. I wonder if he realizes just how much small dick energy he projects when he whines about his daddy issues, almond milk, and juice cleanses. 

Well, that would require a little self awareness and some depth to his personality, so I guess, probably not.

Of course, vaginas (or that general area, as he is is unfamiliar with female anatomy) freak him out. 

So many insufferable kids on the RH franchise over the but he tops them all. I really hope Bravo doesn’t find one worse than him.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

A few questions.

Why is Brooks on this show?

Was that the same track suit on all.the models?

Why was Brooks in the front?

Were the models joggin or galloping like show ponies?

Why does Brooks get so much camera time? 

1. I think he’s on the show because Bravo doesn’t understand their audience.

2. why was Brooks in the front - because he knows nothing about fashion or fashion shows to know he doesn’t come out until the end- or he is Brooks (really, you just need to watch 3 episodes of Project Runway to understand this or to actually be in fashion or an actual designer).

3. Yes, the models wearing identical black athletic wear (I mean high fashion) seemed to be galloping because I’m sure that’s what Brooksie told them to do (they do need to get paid - no shame in that).

4. Why does Brooks get so much camera time - because Bravo sucks and has decided that their viewers brain cells have deteriorated at the same rate as those at making casting decisions for their dreck.

5. I truly think Bravo, like too many companies, have decided that the loudest voice on Twitter determines their market versus the 80% at a minimum of their viewers don’t go on Twitter. The horrors of them actually conducting scientific market research with a population that actually watches their shows to determine what works and what doesn’t (sounds like a lot of work as does serious HR policies - but I digress 🍷)

6. In summary: 1) I am in a lot of pain so I decided wine was the best pain medicine (it is but the calories... and the lack of filter), 2) Bravo decided they have a formula for what works but forgot that life isn’t a formula, 3) Brooks sucks and wants to be famous without doing anything noteworthy, 4) Brooks will never see a vagina - or what he thinks is a vagina - in his life (no shame, just an observation), 5) wine helps alleviate pain enough to see another day, and 6) I want to thank all of my fellow posters because we are in this together, make each other laugh, and give us a different perspective or opinion which is always welcome and enlightening.

• Love 11
On 12/24/2020 at 12:30 AM, princelina said:

Oh Brooks Marks, how I hate you. I've been to Ohio; it's better than your "fashion line".  Here's my question:  does he really think he wants to be a designer, or did he just slap his name on a sweatsuit for a "storyline" for this show?  Also, I was feeling bad for dad when they called him, until he bleated, "This conversation is giving me anxiety!"  Who are these people?  And "so proud" - are you fucking kidding me?  My much younger sister is on her 3rd round of chemo in 5 years (she has had a double mastectomy and hysterectomy) and she runs a small home-schooling kindergarten coop for her 5 year old, and she googles home repairs and carries them out for the tenants in the duplex she owns, and volunteers at her church.  I am proud of her.  I'm friends with a young man at my church who just graduated with an engineering degree while working at a company that liked him so much they offered him full time employment upon graduation.  In his free time he mentors the junior high kids from the church.  I am proud of him.  I have literally seen Brooks Marks do nothing except whine, preen and wear lipstick.  If this is something to be proud of I can't imagine why.  And I hope dad isn't reading this - I'd hate to cause him anxiety 😄 

Amen. These ridiculous, self-congratulatory, thirsty, fame-whoring rubes, who have achieved NOTHING, are lame, unimaginative, and trying too hard. The accomplishments of your sister and the young man at your church make these dingbats look even worse, which I didn't think was possible. I realize that they live in an insular, homogeneous wasteland that seems devoid of culture and indifferent to the arts, but how did this gaggle of unattractive, uneducated hayseeds get such high opinions of their sad, boring lives? I think the workers who toiled alongside Norma Rae in the textile factory would be more interesting than these hicks.

• Love 3
On 1/2/2021 at 9:52 PM, Stats Queen said:

1. I think he’s on the show because Bravo doesn’t understand their audience.

I've changed my mind about this. I've now fallen in love with Brooks. He's so over-the-top absurd. Tape on mass-produced sweatsuits, the lip gloss, the voice. It's all so . . . Brooks!  He might be my fave character now on any housewives show.  I realized this after watching the first Atlanta episode which practically put me to sleep.  I hate him, of course, but  in a glorious way, a way that lights my life during these dark times, making me say, "Bring me more Brooks!"*

* not to be confused with cancer-scam Brooks who I will never want more of unless it's to see his mugshot next to Vicki's

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Brooks’ fashion show was better than She By Sheree’s because it at least had one item of fashion. I saw the same track suit six or eight times over with a “Brooks Marks” (BM indeed, LOL!) white label strip in different places. But hey, although people often confuse me for her, I am not Heidi Klum, so what do I know about fashion?

What I do know is that I can’t stand Brooks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 12/24/2020 at 12:58 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

You know what else has a ks is fucks, fucks you Brooks Marks, fucks you.

Thank you for the longest and best laugh I’ve had since Covid killed fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

Brooks’ fashion show was better than She By Sheree’s because it at least had one item of fashion. I saw the same track suit six or eight times over with a “Brooks Marks” (BM indeed, LOL!) white label strip in different places. But hey, although people often confuse me for her, I am not Heidi Klum, so what do I know about fashion?

What I do know is that I can’t stand Brooks.

I think brooKS marKS is designing sweat suits for cults, cults tend to dress everyone alike in sweatsuits.

• LOL 4

I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but I’m rewatching this episode. Apparently I’m a glutton for punishment. Anyway, I just noticed that Jen Shah has her husband entered in her phone by his full name. With all the ridiculousness going on, I’m not sure why this strikes me as so bizarre, but it does. So other people enter their significant other with their full names?

16 hours ago, rlc said:

I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but I’m rewatching this episode. Apparently I’m a glutton for punishment. Anyway, I just noticed that Jen Shah has her husband entered in her phone by his full name. With all the ridiculousness going on, I’m not sure why this strikes me as so bizarre, but it does. So other people enter their significant other with their full names?

My mom has everyone’s name, including dads, as their full name. She says it just makes her happy. No other real explanation 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I always try to keep in mind that these shows are heavily edited, and I especially try to give the kids the benefit of the doubt but... man, Brooks just comes across as so unlikable.  

• Love 8
On 2/6/2021 at 2:25 PM, ladle said:

I always try to keep in mind that these shows are heavily edited, and I especially try to give the kids the benefit of the doubt but... man, Brooks just comes across as so unlikable.  

He's horrible and I hate him, but really he's just out of his teens, on tv, and thinks he's being cool.  And his mom treats him like a surrogate husband and is "proud of him" for doing things like getting out of bed in the morning while his dad cries about his anxiety to get out of conversations - he hasn't had great role models for how to be a likable adult.  So yes - this is me giving the horrible Brooks Marks the benefit of the doubt 😄 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, princelina said:

He's horrible and I hate him, but really he's just out of his teens, on tv, and thinks he's being cool.  And his mom treats him like a surrogate husband and is "proud of him" for doing things like getting out of bed in the morning while his dad cries about his anxiety to get out of conversations - he hasn't had great role models for how to be a likable adult.  So yes - this is me giving the horrible Brooks Marks the benefit of the doubt 😄 

All that may be true, but you are a better person than me 😜

• LOL 6
On 2/3/2021 at 11:54 PM, rlc said:

Lisa Rinna calls her husband 'Harry Hamlin' all the time 😅 Always the full name!

Genuine question: what is BM? I don't know. Tried googling but got nothing.

• Love 2
On 12/20/2021 at 2:50 AM, Glama said:

Lisa Rinna calls her husband 'Harry Hamlin' all the time 😅 Always the full name!

Genuine question: what is BM? I don't know. Tried googling but got nothing.

Other than Brooks Marks, BM is “bowel movement”

• LOL 6
On 12/23/2020 at 10:15 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I kind of respect Meredith’s lack of emotion about her separation.  This franchise has enough emotion and hysteria to go around. 

This is Whitney’s dad “sober”?  He looks like Slade Smiley five years and several bottles of shoe polish from now.

Meredith reminds me a lot of Kyle Richards physically, but her personality is very different. Kyle is a little more the "emotion and hysteria" you describe.  

On 12/27/2020 at 3:05 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Ditto...back in my early 20’s I had a musician ex-boyfriend like this. SO MUCH BUSIER than anyone else in the world, oh so very busy! Everyone should’ve been so impressed by how insanely busy he was!! He’d call/email me maybe 1-2x a week and we’d get together for dates maybe a handful of times...I eventually found out that he was just super “busy” getting busy with several other women, of course.

So I’ve been naturally dubious about any of those “so busy” types ever since: sorry Lisa, I’m still not impressed and don’t believe you’re nearly as “busy” as you’d like to rasp to the rest of us seemingly lazy peons otherwise. 

On 12/26/2020 at 12:30 PM, Boo Boo said:

Oh yes, I know people like that too. They get off on people thinking they are sooooooo busy.  

I get that some people genuinely do lead busy lives. There were years of my life my schedule was grueling. (I now work a very flexible gig, hence why I can bs on here so much.) But it is annoying when you know for a fact certain people's schedules are no more busy than anyone else's but they want to pretend they're oh so busy. I know people whose kids are grown and either don't work or work part time, but they talk about how busy they are as if they work 60+ hours or week or have children they have to look after. It's okay to not be that busy. And if you don't want to make the time for certain things in your life, just be honest and say it's not a priority or you don't want to, not that you can't squeeze it into your life. 

• Love 5