Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: An Unexpected Secret

• Start Topic

Shannon’s home is so uninspirational compared to her first home in season nine.  She went from a Heather to a Gretchen.  The twins look beautiful though.  John seems strangely appropriate.  How old is he?  I think the dynamic of a blended family with adult children is so welcomed for this franchise.  It reminds me of the early seasons. 

For Kelly, Rick definitely seems like an upgrade from Dr. Brian.  There’s so much more chemistry there.  How is Jolie only 13?  Take away the braces and she looks 20.  

So Gina moved out of Coto?  And she’s living in a three bedroom with six kids?  Hashtag goals. Gina is significantly less attractive in her talking heads than she is filming scenes.  She’s got a little bit of a Sonja from RHNYC going on in her talking heads—the case of the overinflated face.  However, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and in the case of Gina (or anyone) vs Braunwyn, I’m fully on the side of whoever is not Braunwyn.  I can’t staaaand Braunwyn.  

On first glance, Elizabeth looks like a fuller-figured Tamra.  Then Elizabeth revealed she was voluntarily chaste, and all comparisons to Tamra were lost.  

Aw, Emily, it’s your eleven year wedding anniversary and you’re not doing a striptease for your father-in-law in Vegas.  Good first steps.  She looks like hell.  When your eyes are disappearing from filler, you’re doing something wrong.  However, if she’s going to be against Braunwyn, I’m firmly on Emily’s side.  I like the fact that Emily is spilling the tea about Braunwyn straight out of the gate, like Braunwyn drinking too much and falling asleep on a guy on a plane.  This is the exact reason I watch this show.  

Ugh, Shawn and his statement necklaces.  Something is so wrong with that family.  They make me shudder.  

I thought Gina framing her weight gain as “a situation to handle” was funny.  She was addressing something that was obvious, but she did it in a lighthearted way, so no one felt like the world was ending the way Shannon was with her weight gain.  Gina has to be shamed into dieting, lol.  I love this Gina.  She’s so honest, the way Shannon used to be.  What’s with Travis shaming the accent though?  Guy talks like he has marbles in his mouth. 

So...how many times is Kelly going to mention that she is having sex?  Does she think that makes her special?  Aren’t Gina, Emily, Shannon and Braunwyn also having sex (theoretically, at least)?

I have nothing invested in a Kelly-Shannon makeup.  This season seems to have enough going on that it doesn’t matter to me if they talk or not, and I just don’t want to watch a whole season of them fighting and making up.  If we’re going to have that, what was the point of getting rid of Tamra and Vicki in the first place?

I liked Elizabeth being completely honest about where she came from and her humble beginnings.  That is something else that reminds me of the early days of this franchise—women from the Midwest living in Orange County.  

All their houses are so close together.  Ugh.  Toto, we’re not in Coto anymore.  I get it that these Newport Beach homes are closer to the beach and, thus, more expensive than Coto, but I don’t like the crowded aesthetic of Shannon’s or Braunwyn’s blocks at all.  I don’t like the idea that they’re neighbors and are going to be up each others’ asses 24/7 either.  It seems fake.  When this show began, yes, they all (with the exception of Lauri) lived in Coto, but they only filmed together every so often.  This neighbor thing feels like a gimmick or a crutch.  

It seemed like a lot happened with Braunwyn’s drinking off camera, and that’s sloppy storytelling.  I’m sure it was happening last season, but she just hid it.  Maybe she shouldn’t have gotten a second season.  Bitch cries too much.  Her story last season was that she was going to put an end to people pleasing, but she seems like the same attention-seeking asshole.  

• Love 18

I googled Rick because I've never heard of him and it seems like I should have. Turns out we went to the same high school and his parents live in my hometown.  That's all I've got.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Tamra was a main cast member when I started watching, so it's weird not to have her here with her specific brand of pot-stirring.  I was glad to see Vicki go but I kinda missed Tamra's obnoxious presence.  

Isn't this Gina's third season?  She still feels like she's auditioning for the show and doesn't belong here.  

The new housewife must have gotten her introduction while I was in another room, so her existence is only known to me by the mentions here and there being someone in the season preview I didn't recognize.  

Speaking of the season preview, some of the fights look good but I didn't make it through BH's season, and I actually like most of them.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, donovan said:

Where’s Archie?  Did I miss him? 

There was a gorgeous doberman, but no Archie.  But Archie has competition. I'm a complete sucker for "snow dogs".  And I understand how they give you purpose in time of need, so I'm currently feeling nice towards Elizabeth. 

Uno.  That was a good one!  Nice job Kelly.

• Love 18

I liked the nostalgic callback to the real OC OG Jeana Keough doing a Desparate HW intro voiceover. So sad that she had two loses in 2020, her ex and grandchild. The new housewife's energy reminds me of Queen of Versailles and I'm hoping she'll be a good addition. I liked seeing all the families and that reminded me of the old OC.  I still don't get keeping Gina because there's nothing HW worthy about her ~ they probably got her cheap. I really thought I'd space out but was interested enough to watch most of it. We'll see...

Tell me I got this wrong because WTF. I couldn't believe Shannon said on WWHL that her daughters tested positive for covid first so David and she didn't know what to do with them. David wouldn't take them as his new girlfriend is pregnant. Shannon went to quarantine with her new boyfriend because she tested negative. So they just all left their girls to fend for themselves while sick? 

• Love 7

I guess I’m in the minority, but I love Shannon’s new house.  I watched a tour of it and it has an incredible back yard.  Her guy seems like the real deal and it’s great to see the kids all get along.  I can’t help but root for Shannon.

I did not expect the OC to tackle alcoholism (cough NY cough).  I also liked how the ladies commented on it honestly.  Good for Braunwyn.  

Tamara’s purpose was chief pot-stirrer.  I think Gina is more than capable of filling this role, plus her livelihood depends on it.  She’s not bringing much else to the show.

The Uno cards were funny.  I bet Tamara and Vicky just loved that....bwah!

I’ve quit BH and never got super into ATL or Potomac, but have never been able to quit the OC.  I am looking forward to a season without Tamara and Vicky bullshit.  

• Love 19

Kelly brags so much about having sex that I’m thinking she has very little: so Rick’s either impotent or sporting a micro-D.

I live Elizabeth’s dog.  And house.  But mostly the dog.  Can he and Archie have play dates, please?

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

The Uno cards gift is why I like Kelly sometimes.  Her willingness to go after Tamra was another.  Unfortunately this season I suspect that will not be enough to override the odiousness that is sure to come once the pandemic hits. 

• Love 17
11 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don’t like the idea that they’re neighbors and are going to be up each others’ asses 24/7 either.  It seems fake.  When this show began, yes, they all (with the exception of Lauri) lived in Coto, but they only filmed together every so often.  This neighbor thing feels like a gimmick or a crutch.  

Yeah, this just feels odd.  I wonder if any of them have moved since they filmed.  

I feel kind of 'meh' about this season.  The new HW might be interesting.  I'll give her a chance - as I usually do with a new HW - but I reserve the right to snark on her if things get weird.  Please don't do a Leah from NYC and tell me all about your vagina.  😉  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

BTW, that bracelet that Braunwyn was wearing when she was confessing about her drinking to Emily...love, love, love it.  Could one of you super sleuths find it, buy it and send it to me?

I am loving the new homes these women are living in but geezy peezy they are so close together.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

just catching this this morning .... Kelly is still super annoying and I really dont care about how much sex she has or what she does in it for real......and Shane at that dinner is still a douche

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

I think I like the new girl so far, probably only because she wants to start a dog rescue. Hopefully she will follow through. Shannon looks good and happy, Gina is a hot mess, but I also enjoyed her commentary on her weight gain. I agree that Emily needs to layoff the face fillers, you can barely see her eyes. I agree with the poster above that said something is off about the Brauny-win family, I just can't put my finger on it. I do wish her success with her alcoholism, but she clearly said she didn't want to give it up. Oh and Kelly...I hope she would just settle down somewhat now she is engaged, the crass talk doesn't make you look good. I wonder how many times this season will she hit below the belt. 

• Love 16

Wait. An alcoholic was able to abstain through seven pregnancies and breastfeeding?! Is B going to say that she had so many kids to keep her from drinking? So far, this isn’t adding up - but good on Braunwyn for admitting she has a problem. This might be an interesting season.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, Momager said:

I’m impressed by Braunwyn’s honesty. I’m sure it took a lot to admit that she’s an alcoholic. I wish her peace.

Why does she have alcohol in her home ? why doesn't check her self into facility?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Might just me and my cold black heart, but Braunwyn's admission seemed a bit too calculated and rang false. Like let me bust out my season long storyline in episode 1 to secure my orange. That's partly due to her media blitz yesterday. There's something so creepy & disingenuous about her and her entire family.

Emily can tell us she's happy but she doesn't look happy and I'm not buying it.  Glad the hip replacement went well but Shane's still a mean, bitter little man. 

I am with you!  Something rang false, it was almost "acted" or something.  Also, I am sure she IS an alcoholic, I think most of the RH women have unhealthy relationships with alcohol.  But who hasn't drank for 4 days straight on vacation?  Did she say Shawn said he would leave her if she took another drink?  

Something is way off with her, and weird Shawn.  BTW what does Shawn do for a living?  He helps businesses with marketing?  He was a stay-at-home dad for 8 years.  Did she work during that time?  That's a lot of kids and a lot of house.  Although, I will say that for 8000 square feet, it felt a little claustrophobic.  The rooms seemed small or something, maybe it was the way it was shot.  

I can't pin her down, like I don't get her.  We all know a loudmouth bragger like Vicki, a jealous snake-like shit-stirrer like Tamra, a prissy bitch like Heather... I don't know someone like Brawnwyn, so I can't figure her out.

I actually like Emily and I kind of like Shane.  He reminds me of myself, he is not mushy and gooey, and just says what he thinks.  Can be a jerk sometimes, but overall is mostly joking.  

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I feel kind of 'meh' about this season.  The new HW might be interesting.  I'll give her a chance - as I usually do with a new HW - but I reserve the right to snark on her if things get weird.  Please don't do a Leah from NYC and tell me all about your vagina.  😉  

Please GOD!  At least this new gal didn't mention her vagina once.  For that reason alone I like her.  I can't even watch NY anymore because of Leah.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 16
13 hours ago, Thumper said:

I am so happy not to see Tamra!!!!

8000 square foot house for Braunwyn????  Yowza.

Since their houses are so close together, maybe it will be like Knot’s Landing.  😁

Wonder if they’ll be egging each other’s houses by mid-season and moving away from each other by the end of the season.

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 11

This ep... typical episode 1 of a season, where we are catching up and there’s minimal excitement (except Braunwyn’s admission, of course). 

Still liking Shannon but not looking forward to the hysterics. After several seasons, I wish she’d been a teeeeeeeeny bit more self aware about how that comes off on camera. She does have a sense of ease with this new guy, and I do wish her well. The sooner we can leave David in the rear view mirror (or even further away), the better. 

Looking forward to the season because it’ll be interesting to see how things transition from pre-COVID to early COVID lockdown. It’s felt like one thing to watch the franchises that took place before shutdown, but for some reason I am intrigued to watch the changeover. I’m also glad it’s this franchise and not, say, BH—as much as I’d like to lock Rinna in a room by herself, I can’t imagine most of those people’s lives being as compelling as, say, a concerned Shannon and COVID.

• Love 2

So far, not a bad start to the season. Kelly needs to stop with the sex talk. Shannon's new guy seems like a good one. Good on Braunwyn for admitting she has a problem. Dorinda from RHONY should take notes. I am not missing Tamra and Vickie.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

I am with you!  Something rang false, it was almost "acted" or something.  Also, I am sure she IS an alcoholic, I think most of the RH women have unhealthy relationships with alcohol.  But who hasn't drank for 4 days straight on vacation?  Did she say Shawn said he would leave her if she took another drink?  

Something is way off with her, and weird Shawn.  BTW what does Shawn do for a living?  He helps businesses with marketing?  He was a stay-at-home dad for 8 years.  Did she work during that time?  That's a lot of kids and a lot of house.  Although, I will say that for 8000 square feet, it felt a little claustrophobic.  The rooms seemed small or something, maybe it was the way it was shot.  

I can't pin her down, like I don't get her.  We all know a loudmouth bragger like Vicki, a jealous snake-like shit-stirrer like Tamra, a prissy bitch like Heather... I don't know someone like Brawnwyn, so I can't figure her out.

I actually like Emily and I kind of like Shane.  He reminds me of myself, he is not mushy and gooey, and just says what he thinks.  Can be a jerk sometimes, but overall is mostly joking.  

Please GOD!  At least this new gal didn't mention her vagina once.  For that reason alone I like her.  I can't even watch NY anymore because of Leah.

I detested Braunwyn last year, and only like her a smidgen more this year. I applaud her admission, but also think it is a plot point to keep her orange. So she kept having kids so that she would stop drinking during her pregnancies and breast feeding? Nice that your children know why they exist, Brauny. Though I don't buy it.

Hard to believe that her house is 8000 sq ft. It doesn't look that big from the outside, and only has a double garage from what I can see. Any 8000 sq ft house where I live also has a decent sized yard and at least a triple garage, if not quadruple. Is that a "thing" where she lives, to fill up the entire lot with living space and nothing else? In any case it doesn't look anywhere near 8000 sq ft. OTOH, 8,000 sq ft would not be big enough for me if I were housing all her children. 

I liked Gina's admission that she eats when she is happy. Same. She does seem to be moving quickly with this guy, but I guess after all those years of unhappiness with Matt this guy must seem like a miracle. I assume that the Brandy Bunch scenario is not 24/7 as one would think that both Matt and her new guy's ex have their own days with the kids? 

I have always liked Shane, much more than Emily. It is nice to see Emily admit that maybe she was the cause of much of their marital discord. 

I like the newbie so far, but then I am a huge animal lover (care for them for the most part more than people) so I applaud her efforts to start a sanctuary. There really isn't anything I don't like about her at the moment.

I am enjoying seeing women that do not talk about their weight ad nauseum.  (I am looking at you, NY ladies). Gina, Elizabeth, Kelly, Emily, Shannon are all pretty much normal weight, and certainly not toothpicks. It is refreshing. And by normal I mean representative of "real" women. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wait. An alcoholic was able to abstain through seven pregnancies and breastfeeding?! Is B going to say that she had so many kids to keep her from drinking? So far, this isn’t adding up - but good on Braunwyn for admitting she has a problem. This might be an interesting season.

We saw glimpses of B's drinking last season but it was hard to peg it as alcoholism because so many of these women drink heavily at times. Instead it was edited like she was just cutting loose. I wonder if producers were keeping it quiet as they did with Kim from BH? There are probably a lot of scenes viewers didn't see. It was kind of weird how they revealed it in the first episode. I could see it being a season long arc.

In any case, I'm not a fan of hers. I don't find her interesting or authentic. I'm glad they didn't show her husband. I wonder if their marriage will last. 

Kelly did not look good in her THs. What happened to her hair? Actually, none of them looked great. I guess professional lighting really does make a difference. 

Surprised and confused they brought Emily back. Not buying the redemption story with her husband. Maybe he's just uncomfortable on camera, but he didn't act like he wanted to kiss her. The guy is awkward in general though, so maybe it has nothing to do with her. 

I like Shannon and her boyfriend seems great. Good for her!

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 8

I have some mixed feelings about all these women and their oppulent lifestyles this season...too much has happened this year with a raging pandemic and widespread suffering both healthwise and economically to be looking at their vacuous spendthrifting and petty arguments with as much humor as I have had in past seasons. But...having said that, just a few observations...

Shannon's blended faux family looks like it will be problematic in weeks to come. She really hasn't changed that much and as we know, she is opinionated and quirky, to say the least...could be rough sailing with those kids of her boyfriend. The twins are gorgeous!

Kelly is so obnoxious. Did we really need to hear about her 60 something boyfriend/fiance being well hung and how great he is in the sack?? Ewwww. Poor Jolie...no adolescent girl or boy wants to hear this...Kelly is just vulgar and crude. She's obviously had a ton more cosmetic work done to her face...it's starting to look like plastic mannequin's face. Kelly definitely has a type...she likes older, not so good looking men..this guy...ooofah!

I was stunned at how much weight Gina has put on...wow. Not sure about this boyfriend moving in with his kids...seems premature and a disaster in the making. Is he glomming on?

It was very brave of Braunwyn to admit to being an alcoholic. Too bad she can't convince Sonja and Dorinda from RHONY to do the same.

Not buying Emily and hubby's sudden fabulous/romantic marriage...she looks like she's had a ton of cosmetic procedures too. 

New girl...what's her name...just seems like another vapid wealthy party girl. Looks like she was married to a much older rich guy...sigh...I wish she would wear a bra.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

John seems strangely appropriate.  How old is he?  

He's a couple of years older than Shannon. They have a lot in common. They both went to USC, she didn't know him then. He graduated a year or two before her.

47 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I assume that the Brandy Bunch scenario is not 24/7 as one would think that both Matt and her new guy's ex have their own days with the kids? 

Agree, maybe Gina's man's  ex has primary custody and he see's the kids on weekends or what ever arrangement they have. If he has his kids full time his ex must be a real winner. I'm not sure I like him. He's too willing to move in with her so soon and show his face on camera. Does he have a real job?  How did Gina get this gig anyway? She's common looking, her house is common, clothes are cheap looking, her hair is a disaster, and she has no wealth. Apparently she is one of those women that has to have a man in her life no matter what. Again, she got this job how? 

• Love 12

Oof Gina looks rough. I’m glad she’s in a healthier relationship but yeah... that living situation seemed a bit dire. I think it was too soon for them to move in together. 

Elizabeth seems like... a lot. But I admire her dedication to helping animals. I think she is really pretty and I actually like that she didn’t fit the stereotypical OC step ford wife size-0 prototype. 

Still hate Shane. Emily’s attempts to convince us that he’s now a good, loving partner fell flat. 

I’m happy for Braunwyn that she’s admitting she has a problem with alcohol. Dorinda could learn a thing or two. (Eta: I see MaggieG and I had the same thought! 😊

Shannon looks good and seems happy. New guy is handsome. Missed sweet Archie though 😢

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10

So I've been waiting for OC to return since BH and NY just wrapped up and I've been Housewives less - don't watch Potomac - anyway, even though I know it's probably only temporary, glad Vickie and Tamra are gone.

Jury's still out for me on the new girl - it takes me awhile with newbies.

Not a fan of Braunwyn's, but glad she's getting help. As someone else said, I feel like almost every one on these shows could be an alcoholic, there's always so much drinking going on.

Don't really care about Kelly and Shannon making up - and looks like even if they do, they won't be staying made up!

I feel like Gina is definitely rushing into things especially with children involved.

And I know this was only in the preview, but ugh, I can't even take 5 seconds of wacko Dr. Deb on my TV screen!!!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

The Uno cards were funny.  I bet Tamara and Vicky just loved that....bwah!

I must be terribly dense - I didn't get the reference here. Anybody?

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Agree, maybe Gina's man's  ex has primary custody and he see's the kids on weekends or what ever arrangement they have. If he has his kids full time his ex must be a real winner. I'm not sure I like him. He's too willing to move in with her so soon and show his face on camera. Does he have a real job?  How did Gina get this gig anyway? She's common looking, her house is common, clothes are cheap looking, her hair is a disaster, and she has no wealth. Apparently she is one of those women that has to have a man in her life no matter what. Again, she got this job how? 

I agree with this. Everything about her bugs me, including the way she talks. New guy does sound like a barnacle - I am pretty sure she said she was paying for the new digs. And why exactly did he need to be in the meeting and chiming in at the divorce lawyer's office.

I do not miss Vickster or Tamrat at all! With Jeana's narration at the beginning, it seems like they are trying to get back to the origins of this show, and that would not be a bad thing. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, lizajane said:

I must be terribly dense - I didn't get the reference here. Anybody?

The tres amigas (Vicki, Tamra, and Shannon) are now just down to uno since Vicki and Tamra got canned from the show.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, lizajane said:

Muchas gracias - I AM dense!

Nah, I didn’t catch on right away either. I didn’t think Kelly could be that clever! And it was an awesome parting dig at those ex-housewives.

I expect that to be the last time I compliment Kelly this season.

Edited by dmeets
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4

I watched and just dropped by to say that I’m not missing Tamra. Even with that tiny bit I saw in the very beginning told me if she was on, then I was over this show. 
So much sex for Kelly and Rick, the idea alone just makes me sick. I don’t need to know. 
This season has possibilities, but since Covid happened, I hope doubt there will be a big trip. Maybe a few smaller ones once since Elizabeth has her own jet. I hope by watching I’m not disappointed. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Eh, I am no good at writing.
  • Love 9