Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E01: An Unexpected Secret

• Start Topic

On 10/15/2020 at 3:04 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Kelly definitely has a type...she likes older, not so good looking men..this guy...ooofah!

True, but at least this guy is slightly better looking than the last guy she was "dating" on the show -- who uncannily resembled the fish on the wall at Dorinda's home in the Berkshires.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, ladle said:

True, but at least this guy is slightly better looking than the last guy she was "dating" on the show -- who uncannily resembled the fish on the wall at Dorinda's home in the Berkshires.  

But he was a plastic surgeon! 🤣

• LOL 8
22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Sure, Kelly. Keep convincing us.  Sex three times a day. With a 60 yr. old man. Let's see how hot it is when you don't live across the country from each other any longer and have to look at each other every day.  

Wonder how long this marriage will last - apparently he hasn’t seen the show, or thinks she’s just acting.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Shauna said:

Gina strikes me as someone who can't be alone.  That is, she has to have a man in her life at all times. 

I thought it was wrong for any of the other women to say how small her home was.  Some people can't afford what others have.  Some people can't see past their own nose.

I actually thought that Shannon was complimentary about it, and tactful when Brawny brought it up.  Brawny, on the other hand, was being unnecessarily catty -- which is an interesting side to her that I don't think we've seen so far on the show (?).  Remember the old proverb, Brawny, "Those who live in houses with babies sleeping in closets should be the last to throw stones."  

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I feel like she is one of those people that gets drunk at parties, dances, flirts, does the wife swapping stuff depending on who is willing and then for the show, decided she needed a storyline, so viola!  I'm an alcoholic!  I'm not going to rehab or anything, but I'll talk about having the shakes b/c that will make it sound real!  B/c I had a 4 day binge!  

Maybe this is realistic, maybe it isn't.  What I know for sure is she's soooooo afraid of her alcoholism, that she'd rather be filmed on a show that promotes drunk drama than actually take care of the problem.  I'm also quite sure, we'll have the obligatory questionable therapist she'll be filmed with  about her problem and then magically next season it will be all under control again then the next it won't.

She needs to show for attention.  They probably need the show for a paycheck.  

Great comment, you are definitely onto something.  She has a neon sign on her wall that says "cheers to bad choices"...cheers to bad choices??? Wut???  Of all the neon signs she could have, she chose that one?  In my opinion, choosing that sign was a bad choice.  I wouldn't want to convey that message to anyone, much less my kids.  I'm sure she found it cute, funny and maybe even edgy, I find it ignorant and immature. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, albarino said:

My opinion only, if you can stop drinking for a year at a time, you aren't an alcoholic.  Alcoholics can't stop drinking and have babies with FAS.

I'm not a clinician, but I believe Kim from RHBH is an alcoholic, and her kids seem healthy.  (She's also an asshole, but that's not a clinical diagnosis.)  Again, not my area of expertise, but I believe alcoholism can manifest in multiple ways?  Maybe Brawny has an addictive personality, and having children is one of her addictions -- it satiates her and helps her fill that void even if she's not drinking.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I don't think anyone is debating if she is an alcoholic, or doubts that she's an alcoholic,

11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Are we really debating if someone is an alcoholic when they tell you that they are? 

I am.  I think it's entirely bullshit and her chosen storyline for the show, which is likely why her mother didn't play along. I'm just not buying it. If people have faked cancer for the show, they can fake alcoholism. It's my opinion and not trying to debate anyone on it not do I think my opinion affects poor Braunwyn & her recovery.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Luann told everyone season before last that she was an alcoholic. She even went to AA. Turns out she was simply saying this to placate the court and to get away with assaulting a police officer by claiming to have an addiction problem. I have no idea if Braunwyn is making this up for a story line. However I don't remember her drinking being out of control last season in comparison to Kelly, Gina, Vickie, Tamara and Shannon. I don't remember her or Emily being over the top drinnkers. Of course she could be an alcoholic who manages to control her drinnking while on the job. But the whole Braunwyn is a problem drinker that was said over and over on the season opener seemed strange.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, snarts said:

I am.  I think it's entirely bullshit and her chosen storyline for the show, which is likely why her mother didn't play along. I'm just not buying it. If people have faked cancer for the show, they can fake alcoholism. It's my opinion and not trying to debate anyone on it not do I think my opinion affects poor Braunwyn & her recovery.

Yes, we have 50 something women pretending they want to have another kid and the storyline is meeting with the fertility Dr.

I'd more believe it if Dorinda came back and she finally acknowledged having a problem with alcohol.  

Braunie just saw them axe primary members of the show.  It's not surprising me that she's bringing some heavy storyline to the show this year.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Great comment, you are definitely onto something.  She has a neon sign on her wall that says "cheers to bad choices"...cheers to bad choices??? Wut???  Of all the neon signs she could have, she chose that one?  In my opinion, choosing that sign was a bad choice.  I wouldn't want to convey that message to anyone, much less my kids.  I'm sure she found it cute, funny and maybe even edgy, I find it ignorant and immature. 

Agreed.

WTF horrible messaging to spend money on a neon sign- with 6 young kids in the house !!!

Indeed, there is something "off" about pretty Bronwyn. Does she have post childhood rebellion ? Weird Dr. Eccentric NARCISSISTIC Mommie sucked up all the attention/energy that the little girl should have had. Then now adult little girl pumps out 7 babies, one after another, in the 2000 years (point being - birth control easily available) ?

Rebellion ? Depression ?

I don't dislike Bronwyn. But I think there's some deep level psychological stuff there yet revealed, exposed, and resolved. 

I am sure she loves her kids......but she may now feel trapped. 

Yes, and WTF does hubby Shawn do for a living?

And what about that Getaway Creepy Love Condo they had? 

Did I say it was creepy ? Christ the decor ! Creepy.

And what about her girl crush on Tamra.

Creepy.

In sum: I suspect Bronwyn is a trapped soul who is not living the life she wants....

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

So her story is: she married a rich guy who wanted her to be arm candy, she wanted a kid, he did not want a kid, he then had a kid with an affair, hence divorce? Big money from combo of player wealthy husband and her business?

Do we know who this billionaire soon-to-be-ex-husband is?  

9 hours ago, watcherwoman said:

I don't like Brownwind or her husband.  They both try way too hard to be interesting.  She said she has drank every day since she was 14. I doubt that, between 7 pregnancies and breastfeeding each one to nearly 2 years old, I'm not buying it.  But who cares, if she wants to be the alcoholic this season...go for it. BTW, drinking 4 straight days on vacation sounds normal to me.  Unless she was puking on the waitstaff, no big deal.   

I hate saying this because I don't judge people on their looks, but this group has really went down hill.  Shannon is still pretty and I think Kelly is attractive, but the rest, not so much.  If I liked these ladies and admired them, their looks wouldn't matter, but I think they are all nasty.  However, the new girl seems okay this early in the game.

I don't miss Tamra at all!  Vicki was always good in a Ramona sort of way.  They are both so ridiculous, they made for good tv.  At least for me.

Right?  My idea of a great vacation is one big drinking binge.

The group has gotten puffy.  Shannon should not have messed with her face, she was pretty her first season.  Emily needs go back away from the fillers.  Gina needs to back away from the bread.  

Remember when Tamra was marching around her kitchen last year with her country club application?  Showing off like the asshole she is, ranting about how jealous everyone is, or whatever she was saying...  Well I’m marching around my kitchen excitedly ranting that she’s GONE!  I’m so happy that she’s gone from my tv!  I hope she had to cancel that membership.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Braunwyn...8000 square feet, pirate ship, theatre, disco / bar, but no pool???  Wut?

Gina’s house is comparable to my house (in all honesty I think my house may be a bit nicer even).  This is not what we are here for.  

The new girls house reminded of the Dirty John house...I was dying.  Like hello, is Debbie your neighbor?  (Probably).

• Love 11
12 hours ago, ladle said:

Maybe Brawny has an addictive personality, and having children is one of her addictions --

If that's the case, then her addictions will end when she stops having a period. I don't know how old she is but I'm guessing late 40's. 

I just think she's desperate to be on the show. Addictions or not. Maybe she'll find Jesus, get reborn again (in a backyard swimming pool) and become a Christian like Tamra from RHOC. 

• Love 3

Kelly's hair looks like a mop left out to dry.

I don't like brownwind but every time her evil mother is shown - it makes me reassess everything she says/does. A lot of her problems arise from her trauma (and neglect and inadequate attention) at the hands of that woman. I can cut her some slack. She needs therapy and not a tv gig.

I like the new HW based on the edit she's getting so far...

• Love 6
On 10/16/2020 at 10:17 AM, heatherchandler said:

Ahhh I forgot about that stuff!  🤮

I bet she is/was doing more then drinking, as she seemed amped up a lot of the time last season.  I know the housewives pop adderall like tic tacs so they can drink a lot without getting tired, so they can film, and then wake up and film again.  The housewives shows used to be great until they turned into binge-drinking, repetitive fighting nonsense.  They did not always glamorize the drinking like they do now.  They drank, for sure, but not like they do now.

Braunwyn reminds me of that runner, Suzy Favor Hamilton.  She suffers from bipolar disorder, and she was actually a prostitute in Las Vegas for a while... she had been taking medication for depression, which made her mania worse and also made her hypersexual.  She was really struggling until diagnosed properly, and properly medicated.  Not that I have a clue what mental disorders Braunwyn has, but I am so reminded of Hamilton while watching Braunwyn.

I definitely enjoy the occasional cocktail and love a good glass of wine a couple of times a week with dinner, and I totally agree with you.

What is up with a lot of these women constantly having an alcoholic beverage in their hand, whether it's a simple brunch at another housewife's house or over lunch?  

I remember when Ramona Singer was trying to hawk her Ramona Grigiot and in nearly every single scene, she was bolting down a glass of it regardless of the time of day.  

Was Jill Zarin the only housewife in the franchises who consistently ordered a diet nonalcoholic beverage?  I've seen Bethenny Frankel order water rather than alcohol on occasion, but even on earlier seasons of RHNJ, there was Jacqueline pouring Bailey's into her coffee in an early morning Skype chat with her brother.  

I've read Bravo encourages the drinking because it helps lead to drama, but I'll be damned.  If I drank even one-quarter as much as these women do, I'd be hugging the porcelain altar and begging to be put out of my misery.

I'm not sure whether I admire or am appalled by their ability to drink most "regular" people under the table...and even before lunchtime.  

That being said, I can't help but wonder if Braunwyn is setting herself up for failure by keeping all of that alcohol on hand.  In my world, that would be tantamount to being on a diet and keeping tasty, easy-to-grab French pastries on the counter.  Too much temptation if there's even a small bump in the road.  

• Love 8
On 10/14/2020 at 10:05 PM, Axie said:

I googled Rick because I've never heard of him and it seems like I should have. Turns out we went to the same high school and his parents live in my hometown.  That's all I've got.

I am shocked that Rick would agree to appear on RHOC. He is a reporter for Fox News.

I recall watching him one night when he was reporting on protests in NYC. Kelly Dodd was in the background running back & forth on the street.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I’m not at all sure about Elizabeth.  That unbuttoned,wayyy too tight, Chanel blouse she was wearing in the car was too much.  I thought her breasts were going to pop out if he hit the breaks too hard.  Who wears a top like that in public?  And who was sitting in the backseat in that car?  Her son or just a someone?  He definitely gave off a gay vibe. And what was the whole RuPaul thing during the upcoming episode blurb?  Was that Elizabeth’s person and who was dressed in drag or one of the house husbands?

I once heard someone say that if you have to talk so much about your sex life, you’re either not doing it right or you’re lying about it for attention.  Rick Leventhal isn’t doing much work nowadays as I haven’t seen him on air very often.  He seems more like an occasional reporter than a regular.  Kelly is his third wife, but the interesting thing is his second wife divorced him after just a few months.  But why would they marry when they’re a bi-coastal couple? They could do the same things being a couple with benefits. 

I don’t know but I think this season could be boring. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/16/2020 at 2:38 PM, ladle said:

I thought this guy was really ugly. Yes, so was the last guy. I detest Kelly.. The new girl seems nice. At least I didn't hate her after her first appearance like I did Brown Wind, and then found out she's a dog lover, so far, so good. Shannon seems like a different person, we will see how long before neurotic Shannon reappears. Still don't care about Gina and find Emily as boring as ever. I am mainly curious to see how they handle Covid.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, oakville said:

I am shocked that Rick would agree to appear on RHOC. He is a reporter for Fox News.

I recall watching him one night when he was reporting on protests in NYC. Kelly Dodd was in the background running back & forth on the street.

I need more details on this!

Was she protesting?  Was she yelling at protesters?  Do you remember around when,

Because I would surely love to find that, watch on mute, and listen to the Benny Hill theme song.  

It just seems like an appropriate song to watch Kelly running around in the background.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Kelly and the sex talk is obnoxious and unnecessary. Nobody buys it. 
I kind of liked Gina but can’t get over how cavalier everyone seems about getting their kids involved in their love lIves.  I think forcing kids to share a bedroom with non related kids is selfish.

I like the new gals husky, he’s a cute dog.

I disliked Braunwyn last year and don’t see that changing. So she’s treating herself for alcoholism while filming for a reality show that celebrates heavy drinking? If she were serious I doubt she would do the show. Also I don’t like these housewives that brag about their “open” marriages but it’s only open for another woman. If they were out getting some D the husbands would not be okay with it. But watching their lady make out with another lady? Yeah, they don’t mind that. It makes them look foolish.

I don’t miss Tamra or Vicki. I wouldn’t mind them doing a season with the original cast which would include Vicki but I don’t like the dynamic of Tamra and Vicki together.

• Love 8
On 10/14/2020 at 10:39 PM, Thumper said:

I am so happy not to see Tamra!!!!

8000 square foot house for Braunwyn????  Yowza.

Since their houses are so close together, maybe it will be like Knot’s Landing.  😁

That would be awesome. I loved that show.

• LOL 1
On 10/16/2020 at 7:53 AM, albarino said:

My opinion only, if you can stop drinking for a year at a time, you aren't an alcoholic.  Alcoholics can't stop drinking and have babies with FAS.  Acting out once you're drunk (ala Luanne) is a problem.  Once again, my opinion only.

That is definitely not how Alcoholics Anonymous defines alcoholism. If you read "The Big Book," the official book of AA, it includes countless stories of alcoholics who managed to stay sober for long periods of time - only to then at some point take another drink and then spiral out of control. Leah from RHoNY has had a similar trajectory - she stopped drinking for something like 10 years of her own self-will, then started drinking right before shooting, and we saw how out of control she could get. She is now in AA recovery. So, yes, while everyone is entitled to their opinion, people with expert knowledge of the disease of alcoholism have made it very clear than many alcoholics do manage to go for long stints without drinking. There is also a term called "functional alcoholic" - someone who is very much able to hold their life together while still being addicted to alcohol. In other words, not every alcoholic is some drunk-out-of-their mind person who is poisoning her baby while pregnant.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 23
On 10/16/2020 at 3:59 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I did enjoy the editor's choice to show the clip of Shannon yelling [paraphrased], " Go suck cock for money! That's what you're good at!" after yet another clip of Kelly going on and on about all the sex she's having and how it's the bestest ever. 

Wasn't that Tamra?

• Love 5

I consider Alcoholics Anonymous to be like Weight Watchers.  

The DSM-V considers AUD to be :

To be diagnosed with AUD, individuals must meet certain criteria outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). Under DSM–5, the current version of the DSM, anyone meeting any two of the 11 criteria during the same 12-month period receives a diagnosis of AUD. The severity of AUD—mild, moderate, or severe—is based on the number of criteria met.

To assess whether you or loved one may have AUD, here are some questions to ask.  In the past year, have you:

Had times when you ended up drinking more, or longer than you intended?

More than once wanted to cut down or stop drinking, or tried to, but couldn’t?

Spent a lot of time drinking? Or being sick or getting over the aftereffects?

Experienced craving — a strong need, or urge, to drink?

Found that drinking — or being sick from drinking — often interfered with taking care of your home or family? Or caused job troubles? Or school problems?

Continued to drink even though it was causing trouble with your family or friends?

Given up or cut back on activities that were important or interesting to you, or gave you pleasure, in order to drink?

More than once gotten into situations while or after drinking that increased your chances of getting hurt (such as driving, swimming, using machinery, walking in a dangerous area, or having unsafe sex)?

Continued to drink even though it was making you feel depressed or anxious or adding to another health problem? Or after having had a memory blackout?

Had to drink much more than you once did to get the effect you want? Or found that your usual number of drinks had much less effect than before?

Found that when the effects of alcohol were wearing off, you had withdrawal symptoms, such as trouble sleeping, shakiness, irritability, anxiety, depression, restlessness, nausea, or sweating? Or sensed things that were not there?

It sounds like B has a moderate AUD issue.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, albarino said:

My opinion only, if you can stop drinking for a year at a time, you aren't an alcoholic.  Alcoholics can't stop drinking and have babies with FAS.  Acting out once you're drunk (ala Luanne) is a problem.  Once again, my opinion only.

As someone who has been in recovery for over five years, this is simply not true. Alcoholics can stop drinking for years at a time. Some stay sober, some relapse. Staying sober for a certain time period doesn’t mean someone isn’t an alcoholic. In fact, this is a dangerous lie many alcoholics tell themselves before they truly recover (“If I can stay sober 30/60/90 days, a year, then I’m not an alcoholic.”)

A big book of AA has a story about an alcoholic guy who was sober for 25 years, retired and starting drinking again. He was dead from alcoholism within a few years. So even though he stayed sober 25 years, he was still an alcoholic and his drinking killed him once he started again. 

Also, not all women who drink during pregnancy have babies with FAS. Yes, drinking greatly increases the risk. But it doesn’t always happen. Some of them are fortunate and their babies are born healthy. I’ve known plenty of alcoholic women in AA who admitted to drinking during pregnancy yet their babies did not have FAS. I’ve also known many women who stopped drinking completely while pregnant. 

Given the still very real stigma on alcoholism, I don’t see why Braunwyn would say she’s an alcoholic if she isn’t. I take her at her word and am glad she is sober now. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

As someone who has been in recovery for over five years, this is simply not true. Alcoholics can stop drinking for years at a time. Some stay sober, some relapse. Staying sober for a certain time period doesn’t mean someone isn’t an alcoholic. In fact, this is a dangerous lie many alcoholics tell themselves before they truly recover (“If I can stay sober 30/60/90 days, a year, then I’m not an alcoholic.”)

A big book of AA has a story about an alcoholic guy who was sober for 25 years, retired and starting drinking again. He was dead from alcoholism within a few years. So even though he stayed sober 25 years, he was still an alcoholic and his drinking killed him once he started again. 

Also, not all women who drink during pregnancy have babies with FAS. Yes, drinking greatly increases the risk. But it doesn’t always happen. Some of them are fortunate and their babies are born healthy. I’ve known plenty of alcoholic women in AA who admitted to drinking during pregnancy yet their babies did not have FAS. I’ve also known many women who stopped drinking completely while pregnant. 

Given the still very real stigma on alcoholism, I don’t see why Braunwyn would say she’s an alcoholic if she isn’t. I take her at her word and am glad she is sober now. 

Thank you for sharing your perspective on this.  I may just be so jaded from the reality show fame that I am disbelieving when I shouldn't.  Congrats on your recovery!

• Love 5
On 10/16/2020 at 11:04 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

She was hiding booze around the house to get drunk, she was drinking in secret, she was drinking to stop the withdraws .. she would drink to the point of blacking out... that's a problem .... If she was telling herself I cant drink because I am pregnant but had No control over it now that she isnt ... she was or was becoming an alcoholic ... Normal people don't hide drinking they don't hide booze around the house to drink ....

Or have tremors. That is addiction.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

IIRC, Brandi Glanville did this very thing on RHoBH. She stopped drinking for a month to "prove" to everyone that she wasn't an alcoholic. Didn't prove much.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Well, I'm doing a rewatch b/c I missed a lot like the photo of her falling asleep drunk next to the person on the flight.  Maybe she does have a real problem.  But it seems pretty obvious by Emily's dropping the "hard to talk to her..." during her lunch with her twerpy hustband  that this was discussed as a storyline.  I'm not sure why she isn't in rehab versus being on a show where there is usually a lot of drinking instead of heading to rehab.

I'm also doubtful that Gina's pounds are "love pounds."  I lose weight when I'm in love! I'm not sure I'm buying that she's in love.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 10/17/2020 at 1:35 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Was Jill Zarin the only housewife in the franchises who consistently ordered a diet nonalcoholic beverage?  I've seen Bethenny Frankel order water rather than alcohol on occasion, but even on earlier seasons of RHNJ, there was Jacqueline pouring Bailey's into her coffee in an early morning Skype chat with her brother.  

Kandi on Atlanta very rarely drinks.  Same with Dolores (I think?  one of the current ones) on NJ.

I’m surprised that Shannon took the Uno gift as well as she did.  She must be desperate to keep her orange with Vicki and Tamra gone.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Kandi on Atlanta very rarely drinks.  Same with Dolores (I think?  one of the current ones) on NJ.

I’m surprised that Shannon took the Uno gift as well as she did.  She must be desperate to keep her orange with Vicki and Tamra gone.

Oh, you're right about Kandi.  I don't think I've ever even seen her tipsy.  

I haven't watched NJ in ages.  I'll need to catch up on that one soon (if it's even worth catching up on).  

• Love 1
On 10/19/2020 at 2:16 PM, Sweet-tea said:

As someone who has been in recovery for over five years, this is simply not true. Alcoholics can stop drinking for years at a time. Some stay sober, some relapse.

Thank you and I posted upstring the DSM-V alcoholism diagnosis.  I very, very much stand corrected.  

I also applaud your recovery.

Thanks again and I wish you the very best.

• Love 2
On 10/16/2020 at 1:59 PM, dosodog said:

I'm excited to watch Shannon.  I'd like to see her have a "happy" season.

At least, so far, it's just "in the bedroom".  We could have to listen to a whole list of rooms.

Yes, me too, and I'm happy to say so because over the past couple of seasons I sort of stopped liking Shannon, so it feels good to be able to root for her again.

Amazing what the removal of one or two toxic elements can do for a show; I mean, it's a good, compelling, interesting tv show again! I wish the BH producers would take note.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 7
On 10/18/2020 at 10:47 AM, dosodog said:

I need more details on this!

Was she protesting?  Was she yelling at protesters?  Do you remember around when,

Because I would surely love to find that, watch on mute, and listen to the Benny Hill theme song.  

It just seems like an appropriate song to watch Kelly running around in the background.

Me too!  It sure seems to discredit Rick from being a distinguished reporter, when he has his girlfriend running around in the background..geeze.  But then again..he works for FOX.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Gina was pretty funny and self deprecating about her weight gain which was nice.  But I still don't feel like she's a fit for the Housewives since she appears to be so normal....  I mean, I watch this show to escape an apartment life! I need a little more glamour and people who can afford it. 

• Love 2