Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 4/8/2020 at 7:15 PM, Retired at last said:

My first thought was, "Please no Jamie and Doug!" Silly me.

(sigh) JamieO, queen of MAFS 'fame'.

Anyone else already teary eyed knowing Derek won't be saying no to Katie next week... 😥

I just hope the previews are deceitful, as usual, & Mindy's not going to make an ass out of herself.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Well, since these are spoilers, I can say it. While Derek and Katie say yes on D-Day, I read that they are divorced or not together by the reunion, so we have that!

And thank goodness for that.  Free Derek! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Well, since these are spoilers, I can say it. While Derek and Katie say yes on D-Day, I read that they are divorced or not together by the reunion, so we have that!

Would've been nicer to have him say no on d-day. I bet she broke it off in the end.☹️

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Would've been nicer to have him say no on d-day. I bet she broke it off in the end.☹️

If so, he let her break it off to save face and it was really his idea.

• Love 6
On 4/4/2020 at 7:21 AM, Yeah No said:

He's an adult and should know better. 

Although I think Michael had too many issues to be considered for this show.  I do not understand that comment.  You don't know what you don't know.  How is a person supposed to just magically "know" things?

Many, many years ago I watched a 60 Minutes segment with a man who was the head of a program, helping people get off welfare and find employment.  He realized early on that many of his clients had NO life skills at all, because they were not taught them, they did not see them growing up.  There were classes in, how to walk into a room and shake someone's hand, how to look a person in the eye, how to dress for an interview. 

The point is many people don't know better because they don't see certain things in their orbits. 

I don't think most of this seasons participants should have been chosen for the show.  Some had too many issues, some wanted to be on reality TV, some were willing to bend themselves into pretzels in order to stay married and some were just jerks.

• Love 6

I get your point @Neurochick, & life skills is one thing, but liars typically know lying is wrong. They may not consciously be thinking of manipulative techniques, but they also know if they do (insert whatever behavior), the partner reacts in such a way the liar (& whatever else they are) continues to maintain control. They hardly ever change. The best thing a partner of such a person can do is leave, because that slams the door on tolerating the behavior & protects their own emotional well being. Let them fend for themselves because unfortunately they'll find  another victim.

• Love 22
On 3/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, GettingGray said:

Okay:

1. Brandon filed for divorce and was not invited to the reunion show

2. Michael filed an annulment the day after filming ended, stating he the marriage was not consummated (no surprise there!).  He also said he felt the show knew it was a bad match and matched only for ratings.

3. Derrick and Seal Face.  They stay married at decision day but are not together at the reunion.

4. Austin & Jessica.  They are spotted at the same table in a restaurant in LA during the reunion show, so it is assumed they are the only couple that makes it through the reunion together.

This show is a guilty pleasure for me.  I'm pretty old and male, so not the typical viewer and have watched all the seasons.  I'm not sure what that says about me!

I read that Brandon filed for an annulment, not a divorce, the beginning of January.  Apparently Taylor was a last minute replacement for a bride for a Brandon.

Edited by luckylou
  • Love 4
On 4/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, Neurochick said:

Although I think Michael had too many issues to be considered for this show.  I do not understand that comment.  You don't know what you don't know.  How is a person supposed to just magically "know" things?

Many, many years ago I watched a 60 Minutes segment with a man who was the head of a program, helping people get off welfare and find employment.  He realized early on that many of his clients had NO life skills at all, because they were not taught them, they did not see them growing up.  There were classes in, how to walk into a room and shake someone's hand, how to look a person in the eye, how to dress for an interview. 

The point is many people don't know better because they don't see certain things in their orbits. 

I don't think most of this seasons participants should have been chosen for the show.  Some had too many issues, some wanted to be on reality TV, some were willing to bend themselves into pretzels in order to stay married and some were just jerks.

I absolutely agree that the reality TV producers are more at fault than he is, but he doesn't strike me as somebody who doesn't know what's going on or what's wrong with him. The family members we've seen of his don't seem to have the same issues, and he works in education (at least allegedly). He even has a detailed explanation ready for WHY he's dishonest on a regular basis. That doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't have the internal or external resources to "know better."

• Love 14
On 4/14/2020 at 7:44 PM, princelina said:

Yes - liars know that they are liars and their motto is "Deny til you die".  What can the other person do?  Live with it or leave it.

You are so correct.  Hits a bit too close to home, but 'deny till you die" is the best way I have ever heard this put.  Even when faced with incontrovertable proof, they silll keep doubling down on the lies.  It is pathological.  Live with it or leave it indeed.

• Love 10

In the preview for the reunion , the host says 2 people on the stage are now together and to come out .. anyone know if it’s true or just editing fluff ? 

btw did we ever hear Derek call katie a bitch like they showed in the previews ? I dont remember hearing it and I so wanted to . 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I wonder if two people actually do hook up.  I think the preview said “which two explore a relationship” so I wonder if it is hyped up BS and the people in question just texted.  I hope it is more interesting than that, but these producers are always making mountains out of molehills.

• Love 9
On 4/13/2020 at 7:08 PM, luckylou said:

I read that Brandon filed for an annulment, not a divorce, the beginning of January.  Apparently Taylor was a last minute replacement for a bride for a Brandon.

I read that too, that Brandon filed for an annulment.

I wonder if, though, he was contractually obligated to get an actual divorce to get out of the marriage.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Stella Rose said:

You are so correct.  Hits a bit too close to home, but 'deny till you die" is the best way I have ever heard this put.  Even when faced with incontrovertable proof, they silll keep doubling down on the lies.  It is pathological.  Live with it or leave it indeed.

I didn't make it up - it was actually told to me by a big fat liar I am close to 😄 But the knowledge has been helpful over the years.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

btw did we ever hear Derek call katie a bitch like they showed in the previews ? I dont remember hearing it and I so wanted to . 

I could be wrong but I think they showed it when Derek and Katie were having their last dinner before decision day.  They were having a conversation about how he tends to sweep things under the rug and Katie said he needs to just have a conversation about it.  I don't remember the exact wording, but I thought it basically came down to him saying that even when she's a bitch he needs to step up to her and not just act like it doesn't bother him.  It was a big nothing.  Editing at its finest.

• Love 5
On 4/14/2020 at 6:44 PM, princelina said:

Yes - liars know that they are liars and their motto is "Deny til you die".  What can the other person do?  Live with it or leave it.

“Die with the lie”

• Love 1

The preview I saw during Couples Couch said two people from different couples had gone on a date. So probably like one dinner or something, that wasn't even actually a date. Knowing how things go with promos.

• Love 2
On 4/13/2020 at 10:22 AM, gonecrackers said:

I get your point @Neurochick, & life skills is one thing, but liars typically know lying is wrong. They may not consciously be thinking of manipulative techniques, but they also know if they do (insert whatever behavior), the partner reacts in such a way the liar (& whatever else they are) continues to maintain control. They hardly ever change. The best thing a partner of such a person can do is leave, because that slams the door on tolerating the behavior & protects their own emotional well being. Let them fend for themselves because unfortunately they'll find  another victim.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:08 PM, Lm2162 said:

I absolutely agree that the reality TV producers are more at fault than he is, but he doesn't strike me as somebody who doesn't know what's going on or what's wrong with him. The family members we've seen of his don't seem to have the same issues, and he works in education (at least allegedly). He even has a detailed explanation ready for WHY he's dishonest on a regular basis. That doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't have the internal or external resources to "know better."

Thanks to both of you and those that supported these opinions.  I am late to respond because I've been dealing with the death of my father in NYC from Coronavirus, but you all said it so well and I agree with you 100%.  That's why I said that Michael has no excuse.  He knows better.  I don't buy that he buys his own BS.  We have seen enough evidence that he is aware of his lying yet even though he pays lip service to being "sorry" for it, he does NOTHING to help himself and just keeps repeating the behavior.

• Love 3

two people from different couples had gone on a date.

Not even that, but "explored the possibility of a relationship. So it could have even been a random conversation along the lines of "what if the experts had matched us together instead of with our respective partners." Knowing the way the producers manipulate the previews, it could have even been a joking conversation or it could be a very loose interpretation of Taylor saying that Katie was lucky at the couple's retreat.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Based on this show's previous creative editing work, I wouldn't be surprised if the "relationship beyond friendship" that two people have explored is like, being roommates or something.

That said, I could see Taylor and Derek hooking up. He does seem to be interested in her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I thought Brandon and Michael had filed for annulments and I assumed it was before decision day.  So were the couples just acting out on decision day?

I think we were talking about Brandon asking for an annulment not long after the first episode premiered. There was all kinds of drama on a Facebook page with posts from his friends. I think it was less than halfway through the season when I read that Michael filed as well. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I think we were talking about Brandon asking for an annulment not long after the first episode premiered. There was all kinds of drama on a Facebook page with posts from his friends. I think it was less than halfway through the season when I read that Michael filed as well. 

Yes, I remember one of his supposed Groomsmen totally drag Taylor. He said she was a total fraud and something like a professional couch surfer who still lived with her mama.

• Love 2
On 4/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, Meowwww said:

And thank goodness for that.  Free Derek! 

Isn't she the one with our diabetes? If she is, she may be very controlling because of that.  And she may feel things have to be exact, and his dreams were too much.

• Love 2
On 4/17/2020 at 2:06 AM, redpencil said:

The preview I saw during Couples Couch said two people from different couples had gone on a date. So probably like one dinner or something, that wasn't even actually a date. Knowing how things go with promos.

Gone on a date.....With who, each other or someone else?  LOL.  I wouldn't put it past the show to mess with us.

Or maybe it's a "friend date" with Meka and Taylor and the "relationship" they're exploring is a friendship.

• Love 4

I can’t find the Same Taylor spoiler I referenced in the episode thread. She’d claimed that production forced her to make the Instagram video because her fans were starting to suspect she wasn’t single. She claimed neither Brandon nor any of his friends were following her so production must have showed him the post. 

I couldn’t find that but I did find this. 

A1157E43-580E-4DB3-9D31-DB85EAC62E1E.jpeg

And Taylor also answered this question about licenseless carless Brandon. 😂

58EFFE3D-5105-4EE5-A192-901A830D8A66.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 4/16/2020 at 1:43 PM, Sterling said:

read that too, that Brandon filed for an annulment.

I saw the court documents. He filed for annulment but if that’s not granted, divorce. I think that’s standard language. Michael’s court documents had the same. They probably got a group discount on divorce lawyer

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I’m not sure where this is from but... 

17AE2D2F-F910-4468-AAD3-1B3E51AFCD1B.jpeg

If this is true then Katie is straight up scum but I have to ask...what the Hell is wrong with Derek! He has taken way too much abuse and humiliation from this girl. He must have really fallen for her.

4 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I can’t find the Same Taylor spoiler I referenced in the episode thread. She’d claimed that production forced her to make the Instagram video because her fans were starting to suspect she wasn’t single. She claimed neither Brandon nor any of his friends were following her so production must have showed him the post. 

I couldn’t find that but I did find this. 

A1157E43-580E-4DB3-9D31-DB85EAC62E1E.jpeg

And Taylor also answered this question about licenseless carless Brandon. 😂

58EFFE3D-5105-4EE5-A192-901A830D8A66.jpeg

I think the drinking problem has been confirmed. Wow, Taylor probably thought production would really take care of her and they made her look like a bigger asshole than her husband.

• Love 8

I would think that a background check would have brought Brandon's DUIs.  That is, unless the producers knew and didn't care.

That said, Taylor is just looking for sympathy and gets none from me.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I would think that a background check would have brought Brandon's DUIs.  That is, unless the producers knew and didn't care.

I'd bet they didn't care because they're even worse scum than he is.

Not surprised about Katie.  Derek is one of those guys that when he's ready to settle down he'll do it with the next woman he meets even if she's a piece of trash and treats him like shit.

I don't believe anything about Taylor right now.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So Brandon has multiple DUI’s and is an alcohol rep? Sounds legit. 

Makes no sense. I would presume that the first thing a prospective employer would do is perform a criminal background check on a new hire.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Katie, Michael, Brandon, Zach, Taylor... great casting this season. No wonder they said it was the "most explosive" season yet. Problem is, they're proud of it.

"Most Explosive".... like Diarrhea.

33 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So Brandon has multiple DUI’s and is an alcohol rep? Sounds legit. 

Color me shocked..ahhh no...

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't believe anything about Taylor right now.

I’m not sure if you meant you don’t believe anything rumored about Taylor or anything Taylor is alleging. But I did find that original post I mentioned and I find it hard to believe. It’s from Reddit.

I find it hard to believe production would not only ignore domestic violence but threaten the victim with a lawsuit if she didn’t continue filming/stay in an abusive situation. 

CDC6A1AD-AEF3-4E9A-BE09-147E03F2D529.png

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I don't get how a participant can be sued if people know they are on this show. Don't they go to work and live their real lives? Didn't they have weddings with lots of people there? Is everyone each participant knows forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement? After all, these are supposed to be real marriages, so clearly they knew that Taylor was just on it for publicity because why would her followers be upset if she was married? And, if it was real, why would the producers care if they were upset? All of the couples are profiled in People magazine (and others) before the show starts. I am just not getting this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I’m not sure if you meant you don’t believe anything rumored about Taylor or anything Taylor is alleging. But I did find that original post I mentioned and I find it hard to believe. It’s from Reddit.

I find it hard to believe production would not only ignore domestic violence but threaten the victim with a lawsuit if she didn’t continue filming/stay in an abusive situation. 

I don't believe anything one way or another.  As in I don't necessarily believe her but I don't necessarily disbelieve her either.  If I were going to lean in one direction, I'd lean in Taylor's  because I don't think she is a "piece of shit" like production is, and we already have more than enough reason to believe that they are.  We also already know Brandon is perfectly capable of domestic violence, or at the very least domestic abuse of some kind or another, so he's the smoking gun, plus why would it be any shock for these horrible excuses for people (which we already know are horrible) to threaten Taylor with a lawsuit and make her afraid to back out even if they knew about it?  She may have lied about the physical violence but Brandon was so vile verbally I actually might be inclined to forgive her for that.  Do we know that the producers were aware of the domestic violence or abuse or were they just threatening her like they do everyone and she bought it?  I would expect that production would know about it from the surveillance cameras in their apartment.  I might be more inclined to believe that they would ignore domestic verbal abuse than physical violence, but knowing how horrible they are, who knows?  And remember Season 2 with Ryan and Jessica?  We keep thinking they learned their lesson from them but why do I doubt that?

If I were her the FIRST person I would call is my lawyer to read the contract and find out if what they were threatening was true and how to get out of it.  Obviously Mindy got out of it.  Maybe they didn't threaten her enough, or she was smart enough not to believe them or to care.  Or maybe Taylor was still not ready to give up her 15 minutes of fame no matter what.  Even if that were the case I'd still have more sympathy for her, just think she wasn't using good judgment on her own behalf.

Even if Taylor lied about the domestic violence or even the origin of the video I would still have more sympathy for her than not because no matter her motives for getting involved in this show she is not a crazy psycho. like Brandon or as reprehensible as production.  Plus Brandon had put her through so much shit at that point that even if the video was spite motivated, I'd have sympathy for her.  The other question is why would Taylor stay in that relationship if there WAS domestic violence or verbal abuse?  I don't know, but even if the reason was that she didn't want to give up her 15 minutes of fame, I'd still feel more sympathy for her than anyone else in this equation.

But again, this is all hypothetical.  I really don't know who or what to believe.  I could probably craft another response entirely the opposite of this one if I thought about it another way.

• Love 8

In that podcast posted above (posted at the podcast site in February), when Brandon calls in as a MAFS fan named Reed, he says he read online of annulments by Brandon and also Michael.  I believe I have read he filed in January.

• Love 2