Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 8/4/2020 at 10:51 AM, Elizzikra said:

Luke, Matt... none of them are "diamonds in the rough." Every one of them is a giant lump of coal.

more like a giant lump of *something else*

eta: sorry just saw someone else beat me to it.  🙂

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Atlanta then Houston? Can someone please explain why the hell the show has not gone anywhere west of Texas?!??  I live in California and would love to see L.A., San Diego, San Francisco, Denver, Seattle, etc.........

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-bennett-kirschner-how-he-got-on-mafs/https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-new-city-casting-for-mafs-see-where/

Bennett was cast through a casting agent.

Is this whole MAFS performance art for him?

What if this is an absurdist art exercise?

https://realitvwithbee.com/2020/08/married-at-first-sight-bennett-kirschner-reveals-wedding-day-first-impressions-and-philosophy-on-love-exclusive/

After reading the second link... feeling better about his motives.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
On 7/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, Ilovepie said:

It looks to me like it is too loose. You know they get like two weeks between picking a dress and the wedding, so there is not enough time to get it altered properly. And now whatever dress shop the show has contracted with is responsible for rushing out five dresses instead of three.

I am about as far from quirky as you can get, but I am in love with the bird on top of Amelia's head. It might be the main reason I am tuning into this season at all. I saw those wedding pics a few weeks ago, and saw that bird, and thought, "I gotta see this"......

Funny you say this, whenever i see your name ILOVEPIE i always picture a lovely pie with one of those ceramic bird pie vents!

• LOL 4
9 minutes ago, endure said:

Funny you say this, whenever i see your name ILOVEPIE i always picture a lovely pie with one of those ceramic bird pie vents!

That is hilarious! Full disclosure: I honestly have no idea why I picked that as my screen name. I mean, I do love pie, but I am an accountant, not a pastry chef. It in no way describes me, but I do like that visual! 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I've been following Brett and one of his brothers on Twitter (not something I normally do) and I find them pretty funny. 

@Hats_for_cats   Brett

@BrotherofBrett  brother

Not sure why the accounts aren't buttoned up.  There are no real spoilers, per se, but Brett and his brother are pretty funny.

Hope this is okay to post here. 

Denver would be great. My old stomping grounds 

You know, I have no connection to Denver at all but that was my first thought too - that Denver would be a great place for MAFS. What are the demographics out there? Is there a good number of young unmarrieds? It seems like there would be a bajillion things the couples could do too, besides just eating out and going for drinks.

• Love 4

When Olivia was on Unfiltered, she looked so done, like she'd been through shit with Brett. She looked like she was holding back & choosing words carefully, but also looked pissed, & that was before she saw the clip of the bachelor party - I felt very bad for her.

Don't know if true but on Reddit they've been saying Christina's previous 5 year relationship was with a "legally married man". It kept being worded that way so maybe it's because he was separated not divorced or just in a dead marriage, but married nonetheless. It could explain why she had a falling out with so many people recently. Henry also tells Cal in a preview that "there's been a pattern of dishonesty". If this is the case I feel even worse for Henry getting a crappy edit, but perhaps that will be changing.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-bennett-kirschner-how-he-got-on-mafs/https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-new-city-casting-for-mafs-see-where/

Bennett was cast through a casting agent.

Is this whole MAFS performance art for him?

What if this is an absurdist art exercise?

I don't get feel good vibes from them because I think there's a big old smelly dupe going on here. I suspect they're already a couple & have been & this was a good way to get a free wedding, honeymoon, some extra income, a temp place to stay & of course, exposure for Bennett. The show then gets a 'success' - it's a win-win for them all.

I'm glad if they're happy, but there's something disingenuous about their story line.  JMO

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

You know, I have no connection to Denver at all but that was my first thought too - that Denver would be a great place for MAFS. What are the demographics out there? Is there a good number of young unmarrieds? It seems like there would be a bajillion things the couples could do too, besides just eating out and going for drinks.

Tons of young professional hipsters and no shortage of things to do. They could all go to a ski resort or camping in the off season. That would be fun to watch. That would really reveal who you are. Lol

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Tons of young professional hipsters and no shortage of things to do. They could all go to a ski resort or camping in the off season. That would be fun to watch. That would really reveal who you are. Lol

I think this would be awesome! I don't know when they film but they could also do hiking, paddleboarding - all sorts of stuff!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Darn it, I thought Will was an okay dude.

I didn't get the impression that he was a bad dude, but just that they didn't have chemistry. I liked him well enough on his season and felt that he was respectful to Jasmine, although a bit aloof. That whole conversation she had early on about who pays the bills and wanting the man to pay the majority of the bills is what turned Will off, imo. I give him credit for not consummating his marriage like Puke Luke (Kate)  and  (has been) basketball player Matt, to whom Amber was married.

• Love 5
On 8/5/2020 at 7:21 PM, Ilovepie said:

Atlanta then Houston? Can someone please explain why the hell the show has not gone anywhere west of Texas?!??  I live in California and would love to see L.A., San Diego, San Francisco, Denver, Seattle, etc.........

I don't understand why the show is going anywhere where Covid is rampant.  They've already done NYC and Boston but they could come here to CT where it is far less of a risk than anywhere in Texas.  Also they've done the South enough now, it's time for a Northern city.

Edited by Yeah No
On 8/6/2020 at 11:40 AM, gonecrackers said:

I don't get feel good vibes from them because I think there's a big old smelly dupe going on here. I suspect they're already a couple & have been & this was a good way to get a free wedding, honeymoon, some extra income, a temp place to stay & of course, exposure for Bennett. The show then gets a 'success' - it's a win-win for them all.

I'm glad if they're happy, but there's something disingenuous about their story line.  JMO

As you know, I'm with you on that but I don't blame them if that's the case.  More power to 'em for finding a very creative idea and making it happen.

I'm wondering if at the time of applying for the show they decided to keep their relationship a secret so that none of their families would know that they were in on this together.

4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

As you know, I'm with you on that but I don't blame them if that's the case.  More power to 'em for finding a very creative idea and making it happen.

I'm wondering if at the time of applying for the show they decided to keep their relationship a secret so that none of their families would know that they were in on this together.

I'd prefer organic first time meetings, but then this is a 'reality' show so I should be expecting a ton of fakery. 🙄😉

My feeling is everyone would have to be in on it, & I did get that feeling from the friends. They can do enough takes to get the reactions they want & Bennett & his mom are already actors so that also makes it easier for the show to pull this off.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I'd prefer organic first time meetings, but then this is a 'reality' show so I should be expecting a ton of fakery. 🙄😉

My feeling is everyone would have to be in on it, & I did get that feeling from the friends. They can do enough takes to get the reactions they want & Bennett & his mom are already actors so that also makes it easier for the show to pull this off.

I have been suspecting this ever since the wedding day episode.  When Amelia’s niece ran up to Bennett and squealed, “Uncle Bennett!” with a big hug, I immediately thought she seemed very familiar with him already. I figured maybe it wasn’t the first time that lovely little girl had said/done that. It was a charming moment, I just didn’t think what we were seeing was a little girl greeting a stranger.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Cancun said:

I have been suspecting this ever since the wedding day episode.  When Amelia’s niece ran up to Bennett and squealed, “Uncle Bennett!” with a big hug, I immediately thought she seemed very familiar with him already. I figured maybe it wasn’t the first time that lovely little girl had said/done that. It was a charming moment, I just didn’t think what we were seeing was a little girl greeting a stranger.

You know, now that you mention it, it struck me as odd that she would already know his name and be calling him by it already at the WEDDING.  I just didn't add it up the way you did.  I did suspect Bennett and Amelia had already met, but I hadn't even considered that as one of the reasons.  Now we may know why Amelia's father is so absent - maybe he isn't comfortable participating in the charade.

8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Could be, but if it were that widely known wouldn't the show worry it might leak out from someone that has nothing to lose?  How many NDAs can they have them sign?  Or maybe they just don't care anymore, lol.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

You know, now that you mention it, it struck me as odd that she would already know his name and be calling him by it already at the WEDDING.  I just didn't add it up the way you did.  I did suspect Bennett and Amelia had already met, but I hadn't even considered that as one of the reasons.  Now we may know why Amelia's father is so absent - maybe he isn't comfortable participating in the charade.

I don't think Amelia and Bennett had met beyond what they said (both on the show and on Unfiltered and such). They seem genuine to me in that. As to Amelia's niece, it seemed clear to me that she was coached in the moment. Like her parent (Amelia's brother or sister or whoever) said "Go hug that guy and call him Uncle Bennett!" And if she's an outgoing child, they knew she'd do it. I assume by that point Bennett had met everyone, since this was toward the tail end of pictures after the wedding.

I know people love to speculate about couples already being couples before filming (I think I've seen the same about Ashley and Anthony), but I would be shocked if that was the case with anyone. I think occasionally people just really click. I feel like it would have come out by now if that had ever been the case. Too many people would have had to be in on it, unless people dated in secret with none of their friends or families knowing about it.

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, redpencil said:

I feel like it would have come out by now if that had ever been the case. Too many people would have had to be in on it, unless people dated in secret with none of their friends or families knowing about it.

Well, that was my first theory.

You never know, they may have met, had a few dates, fell in love right away, found out that they had both separately applied to be on the show and then approached the producers with their idea all before too many people knew about it.  I get the feeling that the two of them would have fallen in love with each other really fast.

• Love 1

Well, according to some of the spoiler scenes they have shown, Bennett and Amelia are in a park and he comes to the camera to tell that he just told Amelia that he loved her. Then Amelia comes up and Bennett says what he told and she said she loves him, too.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2020 at 9:52 PM, Yeah No said:

Could be, but if it were that widely known wouldn't the show worry it might leak out from someone that has nothing to lose?  How many NDAs can they have them sign?  Or maybe they just don't care anymore, lol.

You know the same guests were at Christina & Henry's wedding & it was said that they needed them to fill Christina's side. Given Bennett is an actor I just don't trust this whole thing. It could very well be that those folks are actors as well & were extras filling seats by the show at both weddings. We don't know if any of them are actual friends of anyone. Even if not I'm sure they can & do hand out NDA's to anyone involved in this, as every wedding every season has multiple guests who are watching what filming is up to, then when they see the final product they know what edits have been made, but we never seem to hear any tidbits. But who knows I guess; it's just speculation I waste time thinking about LOL.

• Love 3

https://www.tvinsider.com/945006/mafs-season-11-brett-dating-history-olivia/

Please let this convo be before they had sex...before she/he went downtown

Olivia's stoic face at the end of the clip is hiding her stomach dropping, masking her panic as she calculates in her head as she speaks the infectious period of each of these STDs...

Chlamydia.

Genital herpes.

Genital warts or human papillomavirus (HPV). Certain high-risk types of HPV can cause cervical cancer in women.

Gonorrhea.

Hepatitis B.

Syphilis.

Trichomoniasis.

Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes AIDS.

Brett sounds like he hasn't lost that's woman's cell number since she is "a wonderful woman:".....

Brett sounds sound wistful that his MAFS engagement messed up the timing of the third date....he may have been able to squeeze it in....oh well....

Olivia mentally making plans for some blood and swab tests.

There must be a Doc in the Box in Cancun.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2020/08/mafs-henry-christina-regrets-married-together/

Henry is more comfortable if he could be given a list of all the questions ahead of time so he could submit written answers instead of talking face to face.

Henry ...Henry...Henry....sigh...you are getting a very bad edit...but you make me twitchy watching you stammer, pause, stare at the floor, parroting Christina...but I am pulling for you.

Henry, when you get back to NOLA you should take a bat to your brother for encouraging you to do this shit show...

Your brother and Dad are just mean....

• Love 5

Karen and Miles just motored through the food while Henry and Christina were being grilled...no sense piling on Pobrecito Henry...pass the chips and salsa, please

Henry "By nature I'm not, like, an agressive person"...understatement of the year....."Not taking it out of pace"....Okay, Henry

Yes, all the slowly drawn out... l i k e... was  irritating.....they were trying to be empathetic but I had to punch a pillow

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

A sad interlude in the quirky love fest...

Yes, it was. I admit I got a little teary myself. I wasn't a small child, but my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer for the first time when I was 15. She was sick on and off until she passed when I was 34. It brought back sad memories of my own dealing with a sick parent. I am glad that his mom seems ok now, albeit kind of wacky.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

My interest in MAFS neither waxes nor wanes whether I know the results, outcomes or denouement.

It is the motley cast and crew that piques my interest.

Let's just say there are usually no surprises. The biggest shock is that Basic Caucasian Sex and Big Red are still together.

• LOL 9
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Let's just say there are usually no surprises. The biggest shock is that Basic Caucasian Sex and Big Red are still together.

That surprises me - I didn’t think they would make it past decision day...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://www.newsweek.com/married-first-sight-season-11-1526272

If you see a fu*kboi, report the fu*kboi.

Olivia is not having it though...thinking they bumped uglies and she has to defend him and indirectly herself...

I really think Brett was “cast” to be the villain this season. He is so blatantly obvious in his actions that he is not ready for marriage.

Also, Christina needs to be careful. A lot of times people shoot the messenger in situations like this and Olivia does not know her well enough to trust her.

• Love 1