Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Dallas Bobby. 😡

And his wife is pregnant, therefore considered high risk too....In addition to her being at risk for other pregnancy-related complications.  😞

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I can hear all the pearls being clutched right now.  That Bobby, he is such a pot-stirrer. 😉

Yeah I don't understand posting stuff like this on SM. Even if you feel that way, why invite a shit storm of angry comments? Or maybe that's just me, and he likes to argue?

• Love 3

What a jerk.

You don't wear face masks for YOU, you wear them because you give a shit about others.  Obviously this jerk doesn't.  👎🤬

I wish someone would explain to me why and how wearing masks became political.  It makes no sense to me.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What a jerk.

You don't wear face masks for YOU, you wear them because you give a shit about others.  Obviously this jerk doesn't.  👎🤬

I wish someone would explain to me why and how wearing masks became political.  It makes no sense to me.  

I don't know. I'm guessing it's along the same lines of thinking the government can't tell me what to do.  Like fluoride in the water, or seatbelts being mandated, that sort of thing. Not saying I agree, just saying that there are strong feelings against being MANDATED.  And unfortunately, there was significant confusion at the beginning of the outbreak about the effectivness of masks, which just confused the matter even more. 

Same thing happened back in 1918 with the flu pandemic. There were anti-mask societies springing up all over the place then too. The more things change, the more they stay the same it seems. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I don't know. I'm guessing it's along the same lines of thinking the government can't tell me what to do.  Like fluoride in the water, or seatbelts being mandated, that sort of thing. Not saying I agree, just saying that there are strong feelings against being MANDATED.  And unfortunately, there was significant confusion at the beginning of the outbreak about the effectivness of masks, which just confused the matter even more. 

Ahhh, "Toddler Disease."  It's like how a toddler screams, "NO, I WON'T!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

If Bobby lived in NYC in April - May of this year when 700 people a DAY were dying, he would be singing a different tune, I'm sure.

no, he'd say it's a hoax

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

If Bobby lived in NYC in April - May of this year when 700 people a DAY were dying, he would be singing a different tune, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What a jerk.

I am sure that the elderly, immune compromised, and the almost 180,000 Americans who have died really appreciate Ricky Bobby's amazing humor.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Neurochick said:
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

no, he'd say it's a hoax

Unless he got sick of course.

It's hard to be from NYC and not know at least a few people that either got sick or died.  Not too many people there (or here in CT) are claiming it's a hoax no matter who they are.  This might surprise people in other parts of the country, but there's nothing like 700 people dying a DAY to force you to accept this (and keep you at home and away from large crowds and public transportation).

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 8

Go to MAFSLifetime"s twitter and watch Olivia kick Brett in his nutsack once again by disrespecting his home sweet home.

Brett is rightfully proud to be a homeowner and loves his slice of heaven and you can tell when showing her around.

Olivia cannot bring herself to congratulate him on his smart investment and metaphorically takes a dump in the living room.

She actually breaks the 4th wall and looks directly into the camera with a silent...are you seeing what I am seeing glance...

She flares her nostrils and purses her mouth in disapproval...

She really is a prissy pus pocket.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
32 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I am sure that the elderly, immune compromised, and the almost 180,000 Americans who have died really appreciate Ricky Bobby's amazing humor.

Not to mention the people like me who have a close relative or friend who died.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Yeah No said:

Not to mention the people like me who have a close relative or friend who died.

His lack of compassion speaks volumes about his lack of empathy and low character.

So sorry for you and your family's loss of loved ones.

• Love 9
Just now, humbleopinion said:

His lack of compassion speaks volumes about his lack of empathy and low character.

So sorry for you and your family's loss of loved ones.

Thank you so much!!  Of all the depressing things right now we have to go and have him fall from grace too.  He hasn't even been acting or looking like the guy we first met on his original season of MAFS.  The vibes he's been giving off on the show are consistent with his post, unfortunately.  😞 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Go to MAFSLifetime"s twitter and watch Olivia kick Brett in his nutsack once again by disrespecting his home sweet home.

Brett is rightfully proud to be a homeowner and loves his slice of heaven and you can tell when showing her around.

Olivia cannot bring herself to congratulate him on his smart investment and metaphorically takes a dump in the living room.

She actually breaks the 4th wall and looks directly into the camera with a silent...are you seeing what I am seeing glance...

She flares her nostrils and purses her mouth in disapproval...

She really is a prissy pus pocket.

OMG, you are not even exaggerating!  She's unbelievable.  Who does she think she is?  Wow, she doesn't get single men at all if an undecorated house bothers her.  I actually liked Brett more after seeing his house.  It does say good things about him that he was able to buy that even with his lower income.

• Love 9
Just now, Yeah No said:

Who does she think she is?  Wow, she doesn't get single men at all if an undecorated house bothers her.  I actually liked Brett more after seeing his house.  It does say good things about him that he was able to buy that even with his lower income.

Olivia is fu*king snob...her insincere and tepid "it's nice" shows her lack of cordial manners.

Brett... you deserve a truly nicer person who can appreciate your sacrifices to own a home.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

OMG, you are not even exaggerating!  She's unbelievable.  Who does she think she is?  Wow, she doesn't get single men at all if an undecorated house bothers her.  I actually liked Brett more after seeing his house.  It does say good things about him that he was able to buy that even with his lower income.

Truth! I didn't think it looked bad, it looks like a single hetero guy lives there. I did not know a single guy who invested in home decor in my single days. Everything was functional and basic. If it was clean that was a bonus. I really thought Brett was going to sabotage this process, but it's looking more like Olivia is doing her darndest to contribute to the demise of their marriage. Color me shocked that he is (so far) coming off better than her!

• Love 12
15 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

What's the tea on Christina? I've seen references to it in other places but I have yet to read it.

I don't know. I've seen little snippets of Henry referring to her as deceitful, but we don't know yet what it's in reference to. I have to say, the whole scenario with her not having a living place was really weird, and you can tell Henry was bothered by it. Like, was she just living out of her car, or living in a hotel, or did she actually have a place and just not want to take Henry/the camera crew there? It was strange.

Looks like big cracks start to show between Olivia and Brett, and Henry and Christina next week. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Olivia is fu*king snob...her insincere and tepid "it's nice" shows her lack of cordial manners.

Brett... you deserve a truly nicer person who can appreciate your sacrifices to own a home.

I still detest Brett and his opinion of people who rent, like they're lower than he.  Look I used to own a house, the key word is "used to."  

People own homes on rent for many different reasons, too bad Brett doesn't get that.  

I think Brett's more of a snob than Olivia but that's just me.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

I think Olivia and Brett are snobby in their own ways. He's snobby because he thinks he's got a great handle on finances and he looks down on someone who "fritters" their money away on experiences/travel. She's snobby because she's got a good paying job and thinks that people who don't want to travel and experience things are boring and wasting their lives. Neither of them necessarily has the wrong point of view, although the judgment that comes with it isn't good. But these are fundamentally different ways of living - like I said, neither is wrong - but they are pretty incompatible in a married couple unless they have an agreement that what's his is his and what's hers is hers and neither gets a say in how the other spends their own money. Personally, I could not live in that kind of arrangement but I guess it works for some couples.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I still detest Brett and his opinion of people who rent, like they're lower than he.  Look I used to own a house, the key word is "used to."  

People own homes on rent for many different reasons, too bad Brett doesn't get that.  

I think Brett's more of a snob than Olivia but that's just me.

Brett’s antiquated belief that homeownership is superior over renting Is as old as his Samsonite luggage.
Homeownership is not for everyone. It can be a money pit. It is one household crisis after another if you buy old like Brett. 
You are right, he lauds over Olivia that paying His mortgage payments are an investment In his future while rent is fettering money away.
He neglects to understand that Olivia may not want to live in NOLA forever, she wants to live in a fashionable area of NO and she would rather leave all household problems to a landlord.

His smugness over owning may play well at Thanksgiving with his family but Olivia sees his house as a dump.

• Love 9

I don't think that being a homeowner makes you particularly special. I personally never saw the point of owning a home when I've been single; I didn't need all that space, and since I'm not much of a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to household handiness, I would have ended up having to hire people to do a lot of things. Still, I think Brett has a perfectly nice home and there was no reason to for Olivia to pooh-pooh its appearance. It was by far the best-looking pad out of all the guys' homes last night.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

What's the tea on Christina? I've seen references to it in other places but I have yet to read it.

I have no confirms on this, but on Reddit early on there was chatter about her past 5 year relationship having been with a "legally married man".

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I have no confirms on this, but on Reddit early on there was chatter about her past 5 year relationship having been with a "legally married man".

Take this with a grain of salt as it is gossip from a friend's uncles dog (ie very much gossip) but the rumor going around the aviation community was that she was sleeping with a married long haul (international) pilot hence how she got her 1st class travel as most cabin crew do not hold enough seniority to access those benefits. She would travel as much as possible with the pilot and use crash pads (ie shared bedrooms with other cabin crew in cheap housing) when she couldn't.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Take this with a grain of salt as it is gossip from a friend's uncles dog (ie very much gossip) but the rumor going around the aviation community was that she was sleeping with a married long haul (international) pilot hence how she got her 1st class travel as most cabin crew do not hold enough seniority to access those benefits. She would travel as much as possible with the pilot and use crash pads (ie shared bedrooms with other cabin crew in cheap housing) when she couldn't.

A lot of times married men artificially pump up mistresses...giving them scraps of affection so they will stay on, but really have no intention of leaving their wife. This is probably the guy who always told her that she was insanely gorgeous but never sent her flowers.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

A lot of times married men artificially pump up mistresses...giving them scraps of affection so they will stay on, but really have no intention of leaving their wife. This is probably the guy who always told her that she was insanely gorgeous but never sent her flowers.

Well of course not. He wouldn't want the wife seeing the floral order on the credit card bill.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Well of course not. He wouldn't want the wife seeing the floral order on the credit card bill.

Some guys get away with this shit if he's responsible for the financials & the wife isn't paying attention. I knew someone who's husband would've gotten away with it had he not been acting very suspicious. Because of that she went searching- he was very sneaky but had ordered flowers for his side whore for Valentine's Day. (not sorry; these women (she knew he was married) are shit & yes so are the men!). He actually ordered candy for the bitch & fruit for the wife since she didn't eat candy - acknowledging both wife & side whore - guy was a total POS.

Guess ChristinA's was an even bigger POS since he didn't even get her flowers - so sad for her. /s

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
On 8/27/2020 at 4:46 PM, TheMediumBopper said:

I don't think that being a homeowner makes you particularly special. I personally never saw the point of owning a home when I've been single; I didn't need all that space, and since I'm not much of a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to household handiness, I would have ended up having to hire people to do a lot of things.

Does Brett actually own a home or is it a condo, co-op or townhouse? I didn't notice if it was a stand alone building. Having never been to NOLA, I don't know what the housing stock is there, although on House Hunters I have seen that they have a lot of 'shotgun style homes.  Brett, by his own admission, likes to build things and has tools. He likes to take things apart and fix them, to tinker. No idea if he has a basement to do those things in, and I highly doubt he has any garage space, but I wonder as a renter if he'd be able to do those things. Maybe because of the noise?  He also is a gamer and has lots of gaming systems so that needs space, too. No idea how large of a place he has.  

Edited by ECM1231
  • Love 1

No basements in NOLA because the city is located below sea level.....

Usually Locals have a work shop, garage, carport, yard to do projects.

Brett has a work bench in his living room behind a room divider.

Hot and humid in NO so working inside Tinkering on small projects in the AC sounds more sane.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Some guys get away with this shit if he's responsible for the financials & the wife isn't paying attention. I knew someone who's husband would've gotten away with it had he not been acting very suspicious. Because of that she went searching- he was very sneaky but had ordered flowers for his side whore for Valentine's Day. (not sorry; these women (she knew he was married) are shit & yes so are the men!). He actually ordered candy for the bitch & fruit for the wife since she didn't eat candy - acknowledging both wife & side whore - guy was a total POS.

Guess ChristinA's was an even bigger POS since he didn't even get her flowers - so sad for her. /s

Also, someone who travels a lot for work, like a pilot, has many built in excuses for suspicious behavior.

I wonder if the pilot was paying for her apartment as their love pad and that is why she has no place now?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2020 at 5:39 PM, crazychicken said:

Except for the married part, I'd jump on that arrangement.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TheMediumBopper said:

I've been trying to Nancy Drew my way into finding a pic of Henry's alleged new girlfriend. Has anyone seen anything?

I bet she's petite. And patient. 

And pretty.

• Love 8
On 8/27/2020 at 6:39 PM, crazychicken said:

Christina may very well have been having an affair with a pilot, but she wouldn’t have used his flight benefits to fly first class.  Those flights aren’t fully free as the employees have to pay taxes and fees which are deducted from your paycheck (which means a paper trail the spouse could find).  Also, an employee has a priority for standby based on job class and seniority, but friends and family members who travel on an employees flight benefits do not get the same priority as the employee.  I know all this cause I used to work for an airline.  Some employees were “first class hos” - the nickname for those who would go ANYWHERE you could fly first class.  Those idiots would go first class to Minneapolis in the dead of winter, while the rest of us were hopeful for coach seats to somewhere warm.

Crash pads are very common.  If she has one in NOLA I still find it strange she didn’t take Henry and just say that.

• Love 6

I just read on soapdirt.com that Michael and Meka from last season actually just got the first MAFS annulment! Michael claimed that he had never seen the show and that he was set up for failure and the judge actually granted an annulment. Good for Meka. She said she didn't care one way or the other (annulment or divorce) - she just wanted OUT!

ETA: They also, according to the article, JUST filmed the reunion show. There was speculation that having the additional time due to the quarantine helped make some decisions.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I just read on soapdirt.com that Michael and Meka from last season actually just got the first MAFS annulment! Michael claimed that he had never seen the show and that he was set up for failure and the judge actually granted an annulment. Good for Meka. She said she didn't care one way to the other (annulment or divorce) - she just wanted OUT!

Good for her. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I just read on soapdirt.com that Michael and Meka from last season actually just got the first MAFS annulment! Michael claimed that he had never seen the show and that he was set up for failure and the judge actually granted an annulment. Good for Meka. She said she didn't care one way or the other (annulment or divorce) - she just wanted OUT!

I think that's why it took so long.  He wanted an annulment because he's Catholic.  I wonder if he has someone else waiting in the wings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think that's why it took so long.  He wanted an annulment because he's Catholic.  I wonder if he has someone else waiting in the wings.

I don't think a civil annulment and a church annulment are the same thing. In fact, since they weren't married in a Catholic church, I'm not sure he needs a church annulment - I think the Catholic church wouldn't recognize his marriage to Meka in the first place.

My godmother was Catholic and worked in her church as the annulment processor. She really believed in all that stuff but it was honestly sort of sickening to me how people would just up and declare that a marriage was never "valid" after 20 years and three kids just because they wanted to marry someone else.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think a civil annulment and a church annulment are the same thing. In fact, since they weren't married in a Catholic church, I'm not sure he needs a church annulment - I think the Catholic church wouldn't recognize his marriage to Meka in the first place.

You are correct. If Michael wants to marry again and have it be in the Catholic Church, he won't have to go through the annulment process and appear before a tribunal. According to the Catholic Church, he never had a valid marriage. He's actually lucky because the annulment process in the Catholic faith is long, arduous, and expensive.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

You are correct. If Michael wants to marry again and have it be in the Catholic Church, he won't have to go through the annulment process and appear before a tribunal. According to the Catholic Church, he never had a valid marriage. He's actually lucky because the annulment process in the Catholic faith is long, arduous, and expensive.

So I wonder why he wanted an annulment.  

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Yes, the next time he is asked to give a Fake Ted talk....

Which he will invite his next girlfriend to hear, and then act befuddled when she expects him to be talking rather than taking tickets at the door 😄 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Which he will invite his next girlfriend to hear, and then act befuddled when she expects him to be talking rather than taking tickets at the door 😄 

Or sweeping the room.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Or pushing broom after the event....

Jinx...Great minds thinking alike!

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2