Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 8/30/2020 at 3:26 PM, Booger666 said:

Christina may very well have been having an affair with a pilot, but she wouldn’t have used his flight benefits to fly first class.  Those flights aren’t fully free as the employees have to pay taxes and fees which are deducted from your paycheck (which means a paper trail the spouse could find).  Also, an employee has a priority for standby based on job class and seniority, but friends and family members who travel on an employees flight benefits do not get the same priority as the employee.  I know all this cause I used to work for an airline.  Some employees were “first class hos” - the nickname for those who would go ANYWHERE you could fly first class.  Those idiots would go first class to Minneapolis in the dead of winter, while the rest of us were hopeful for coach seats to somewhere warm.

Crash pads are very common.  If she has one in NOLA I still find it strange she didn’t take Henry and just say that.

I also used to work for an airline.  Even as a baby newbie, I lucked into first/business seats every once in a while.  Shoot, when you have to fly around the country, taking 8 legs just to make it home (to Minneapolis lol) you luck out every once in a while.  You also learn to work the app to get the prime seats. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, buttersister said:

And late to this party, there's the Bobby I always thought was in there. 

Southern gentleman, my ass. In his intro package there seemed to be something off about him. Like chauvinistic or something, mixed in with a "good ole boy" attitude. It was off- putting. But as the season continued, I bought into the too good to be true, Ricky Bobby. I'm back to dislike. 1st impression was the real Bobby.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Southern gentleman, my ass. In his intro package there seemed to be something off about him. Like chauvinistic or something, mixed in with a "good ole boy" attitude. It was off- putting. But as the season continued, I bought into the too good to be true, Ricky Bobby. I'm back to dislike. 1st impression was the real Bobby.

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

People show you who they are....we had the RBwool pulled over our eyes temporarily....eyes wide open now....

Yeah, I gotta give a little side eye to anyone who calls their mom "toots"..........although he was pretty sweet when Henry died.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Same here, I thought the same thing about him at first but then bought into the TGTBT Bobby.  Reminds me that even jaded ol' cynical me can get suckered!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Same here, I thought the same thing about him at first but then bought into the TGTBT Bobby.  Reminds me that even jaded ol' cynical me can get suckered!

Pulling my Jaded Cynical Pants back on......Bennett...have my side eye on you, bro......

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

https://www.tvinsider.com/948217/married-at-first-sight-christina-henry-episode-9-preview/

Better Living Through Chemistry.....double up (like your chins, ChristinA ) until you hit that "sweet spot" therapeutic level of your meds ....

Henry was tic-tastic until she finally fessed up her secret and then he coolly agrees....

Atta boy, Henry. His comments at the end actually show some emotional intelligence, twitchy mouth be damned. What would make her think that it's a good idea to go off her meds right before a major life change like marrying a stranger? Christina is still sketchy to me... more to be revealed, methinks...

• Love 6

I didn't think there was such a "stigma" about ADD meds, because so many kids & adults use them it seems rather common. I've got a friend in her 50's who just started them. Boy she really threw her mom, who she's supposed to be so close to, under the bus there for supposedly pressuring her off.

And yeah who in their right mind would go off a med (especially if it's really helping them) right before a major event happening in their life on TV - doesn't make sense to me.

I'm still very curious about the "pattern of dishonesty" Henry mentions at some point.

• Love 13

Just watched that video. 1) WTH would she stop her meds two weeks before she is getting married, not knowing the effect it would have on her??? 2) ADD is not that big of a deal to be ashamed of or to get worried about people knowing about the meds. I don't think I believe her.

ETA - just saw @gonecrackers' comment. Oh well - great minds. . .

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Here to agree that deciding to go off your meds a short time before a super stressful life event seems like a really bad idea. To paraphrase gonecrackers and Retired at last said above, take your meds Christina, nobody cares.  That marriage is not long for this world. 

I want to hang out with Woody, Armani, and Miles! They seem like good hearted fun people. Karen is starting to remind me a bit of Perpetual Virgin Iris. She's awfully persnickety. 

Bennet and Amelia seem to have mastered the idea of not taking themselves so seriously. Having been married for 41 years (last week!), I can definitely say it's an important part of a long term relationship. Mr. DocTerv agrees. 😉 

• Love 15

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-woody-randall-dirty-party-revealed/

Wamani and Miles look happy.

Ollie's soft face looks the most happy and relaxed here than she has ever looked on the show...

And this is why....

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-brett-lindsey-new-girlfriend-bikini-pic/

Dishwatery blond is a more apt description....wonder if she was Miss Paused Third Date

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hot off the press...well, Twitter...

Brett’s dirty blond in the strangulating swim top is just a friend named Kate and the photo is from a party in a backwater bayou.
He’s not going to suffer any loneliness post MAFS and will ride his basic cable teevee fame to score hookups on his multiple dating apps....Olivia....who?
Doubtful Olivia will get a rush of suitors to her dating apps...her expectation of fancy schmancy dining and resort vacationing will narrow the pool of takers.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Good article about Bennett and how he ended up on the show, it was never a secret that he was a play writer and producer that was presented in his early intro.  

I recall reading an article a year or more ago that the majority (not ALL) of the contestants on this show are actually recruited not through applicants like they show them lining up to get a spot.  That doesn't surprise me most reality TV seems somewhat staged, even game shows pick and choose people that can have a presence on TV.  

https://realitvwithbee.com/2020/08/married-at-first-sight-bennett-kirschner-reveals-wedding-day-first-impressions-and-philosophy-on-love-exclusive/

Edited by endure
  • Love 2

https://www.tvinsider.com/949297/married-at-first-sight-season-11-episode-10-christina-pregnant-henry/

Olivia is green with envy....

Henry has taken ChristinA

-To a Michelin starred restaurant

-$70 dinner at a Mexican restaurant NOT Taco bell

-salsa dance lesson...even WAmani was impressed

ChristinA gushing about Henry taking her to the hitting range and how she is attracted to his growing confidence... that stirred the competitive juices in BOlivia

Pregnant announcement just shows that they can have fun with the marriage and the next 5 weeks don't have to be torturous...unlike BOlivia's deterioating relationship....

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I can see them both being serial daters - lots of one and done. Brett because he is a jackass, and Henry because he is beyond boring.

Spoiler

Grease is the Word...

Current day Henny has a bona fide gf.

Wut?

Actual personal growth during his trial by fire time in his first marriage may have paid off....A wife and a gf...Life is good for Henry.

Brett has related in his online convo with fans that women were falling all over themselves to pay the bill on dates with him....dating did not cost him out of pocket.

Marriage is depriving him of sex (raise your hand if you think BOlivia is having sexy time... me neither) and free meals/drinks with different "wonderful" women..

• LOL 4

I’m not seeing a surgical difference. The angle the picture was taken just makes her seem different I think, & she may have lost weight as that can change a face too. But we wouldn’t see a double chin from that angle anyway. 

ETA: she doesn’t need plastic surgery ‘cuz she’s “confident” - what she does need is to learn how to be a nice person, because she’s just not. 

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I’m not seeing a surgical difference. The angle the picture was taken just makes her seem different I think, & she may have lost weight as that can change a face too. But we wouldn’t see a double chin from that angle anyway. 

ETA: she doesn’t need plastic surgery ‘cuz she’s “confident” - what she does need is to learn how to be a nice person, because she’s just not. 

Did you scroll down? There is another pic of her and her nose looks very different.

• Love 6

ChristinA does look very different in the photos but I'm going to put that down to weight loss.

Reddit Brett cracks me up. He definitely doesn't mind poking fun at himself, and he's defended Olivia against some of the mean attacks. I can see where some of his sarcastic humor might be ill-timed in real life, but he does seem like seem pretty self-aware and overall not a bad dude.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, gingerandcloves said:

Reddit Brett cracks me up. He definitely doesn't mind poking fun at himself, and he's defended Olivia against some of the mean attacks. I can see where some of his sarcastic humor might be ill-timed in real life, but he does seem like seem pretty self-aware and overall not a bad dude.

I always wonder about that. If he went into defensive mode, people would tear him apart and troll him forever. If he acts all chill, he won't face that sort of wrath. You can be any personality you like online. Same with his defense of Olivia. If he agreed with the mean comments, he'd probably get skewered but if he defends her, he looks like a nice guy. 

I just don't think he's a nice guy. I think he's an arrogant prick who thinks he's above everyone. If he realized early on that he and Olivia have completely different paths and it was not going to work, he could have stayed on the ride, been cordial and friendly to her and then done after 8 weeks. Instead, he baits her, makes faces at her that scream "you are a stupid ass. My way is the right way," is completely dismissive of what she says, and turns everything back to her in order to avoid answering real questions. The avoiding answering questions and inability to have a legit conversation makes him a total weenie in my book.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I always wonder about that. If he went into defensive mode, people would tear him apart and troll him forever. If he acts all chill, he won't face that sort of wrath. You can be any personality you like online. Same with his defense of Olivia. If he agreed with the mean comments, he'd probably get skewered but if he defends her, he looks like a nice guy. 

I just don't think he's a nice guy. I think he's an arrogant prick who thinks he's above everyone. If he realized early on that he and Olivia have completely different paths and it was not going to work, he could have stayed on the ride, been cordial and friendly to her and then done after 8 weeks. Instead, he baits her, makes faces at her that scream "you are a stupid ass. My way is the right way," is completely dismissive of what she says, and turns everything back to her in order to avoid answering real questions. The avoiding answering questions and inability to have a legit conversation makes him a total weenie in my book.

You're right. Too much sarcasm is jerkish. I do think for a relationship to work for him, he's got to drop the sarcastic tone. He doesn't get what a turn-off it is. I don't like Olivia, but I think this is Brett's standard MO. Anyway, he needs a wife who's a little more light-hearted and humorous, and he needs to learn how to have a serious conversation on occasion.

• Love 5

I'd say Christina got a chin implant as well. A subtle one. I don't think weight loss changes a person's facial features THAT much.

So much for confidence, eh? I don't think a confident person would get their entire face rearranged after not liking the way they looked on TV (or maybe reading something about herself in a forum). Anyway, as my momma always said, pretty is as pretty does.

• Love 7

She looks really weird in that photo. She’s definitely lost a lot of weight, the ADD meds kicked in and curbed her appetite. She probably wasn’t use to weighing that much for her. 
She did comment on the last episode that she felt insecure about her looks so I wouldn’t put it past her but I’d have to see some older photos when she was a lot thinner to really tell. 

• Love 1

I think Christina's new look is a combination of weight loss, photo angle and photo editing software.  That's a very composed photo of her taken from on high, which makes me a little suspicious because it's an angle I've used to make my face and nose look thinner in selfies (since selfies always seem to exaggerate noses, even when you have a small one).  I also know programs can "thinnify" your face like that and some of them seem to make your forehead and eyes look bigger while they shrink your nose width and the width of your face below your forehead, which accounts for the "weird" look, in my opinion.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I agree! Reddit Brett made me like MAFS Brett! I’m finding myself rooting for him all the time and finding him really funny. I’d be, of course, annoyed if I were in Olivia’s place, but I’m not. So I can afford to find him charming and funny

• Love 5
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://www.today.com/parents/jamie-otis-doug-hehner-reveal-they-haven-t-had-sex-t192532

You can hear the purse clasp snap shut on Doug's balls tucked inside.

Did we need to know her chassis got torn up by the 9 pound baby rumbling through her like the boulder in the opening scenes of the first Indiana Jones....

This is Jaimie O...just be happy she did not post pictures of the injuries.

It is hard to be a new mother but who the Hell wants to know more about her sex life?  Who, outside of her marriage, is complaining that she is "not putting out"?

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4