Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Brett pulls the plug but does it like a douche, & Christina cries a river of nonexistent tears...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqNT43G9tQE

Shaking it up!

Brett eats all the food in the pantry and the fridge, drinks all the booze, uses up all the toothpaste and toilet paper before he leaves their Gotham Loft...that is stone cold...

__________________________________...____________________________

Why exactly is ChristinA weeping crocodile tears?

She should just move into the apartment she helped move around furniture with her "gf" to spare us....and Henry from her faux histrionics.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think they took the video down - I get an error message. What was the general scoop? Thanks!

Brett packs his stuff and flees when Olivia is visiting her mother who does not live in NOLA, it must be a drive out of town but not requiring an overnight stay. Olivia didn’t pack a bag.

Methinks Olivia wanted to leave first but Brett beat her to it and hauled his ass back to his house.

Why is she raging about no food in the pantry...Taco Bell has drive thru during the pandemic...

Christindoesn’t come home one night. Boohoo what can she do to make Henry want her and the marriage.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think they took the video down - I get an error message. What was the general scoop? Thanks!

In addition to what humbleopinion said, production is gone. The couples are filming themselves. Decision day was supposed to be that week. But, w/ corona it's not clear when decision day will be. Brett is tired of putting his life on hold and says he and Olivia want different things out of life. Christina thinks Henry just doesn't want her. Olivia and Henry are willing to keep "trying."

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

That would be excruciating if the only thing keeping you going is knowing you only have to get through a few more weeks and then having things put on hold indefinitely. I’d fly the coop too. I’m curious to hear more of Christina’s pattern dishonesty Henry is referring to. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Brett packs his stuff and flees when Olivia is visiting her mother who does not live in NOLA, it must be a drive out of town but not requiring an overnight stay. Olivia didn’t pack a bag.

Methinks Olivia wanted to leave first but Brett beat her to it and hauled his ass back to his house.

Why is she raging about no food in the pantry...Taco Bell has drive thru during the pandemic...

Christindoesn’t come home one night. Boohoo what can she do to make Henry want her and the marriage.

As much as I like Brett and have not liked Olivia and agree that they don't belong together, that was a very nasty way for him to leave and clearing out the pantry was a crappy thing to do, kind of a symbolic gesture showing he doesn't care.  She and all of us already knew that. 

Christina must think she's been showing she's trying to make it work and Henry is on to her.  Her fishy behavior and not letting him know she's going to be late getting home or not coming home at all sure is telling.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

As much as I like Brett and have not liked Olivia and agree that they don't belong together, that was a very nasty way for him to leave and clearing out the pantry was a crappy thing to do, kind of a symbolic gesture showing he doesn't care.  She and all of us already knew that. 

Agree, it was not the most elegant exit but negotiations for dissolution of the Lindsays had begun.

Olivia was angry because Brett was to move “some “stuff  but when he moved all his belongings she felt betrayed plus he ate all the food...the coup de grace to their marriage.

Cowardice comes to mind.

No wonder Miles curses at the sound of Brett’s name.

• Love 6

With everything gone virtual, there's no reason they had to put off decision day. It was just more production antics to see what would happen - which I have to admit is interesting.

Brett tells Olivia he's going to move a few things out, she makes one trip & he jumps on getting the hell out with nothing left behind. Then he tells Olivia she knew he was leaving basically to shut her up. He almost had me wavering last episode but now I'm back to Brett is a douche.

ChristinA's performance is ridiculous... Henry told her they had a "friend vibe" episodes ago, & also said her impatience would be a deal breaker if nothing changed & she didn't. Still, even after that Henry opens up & gets vulnerable & she tells him his lack of confidence is a deal breaker, & she acts confused. 🙄   Her tearless whining was a pathetic attempt at manipulation - toward the audience, not Henry. She wants people to feel for her but she has no feelings except for herself.

And does she own anything (besides that ugly honeymoon turtleneck) that isn't wide open in the chest- Geez, that tactic isn't working either & she'll need some (little) implants to fill those stupid outfits out after all the weight she lost.  (Okay that was nasty but I don't like this cold bitch).

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, TheMediumBopper said:

Olivia: You took everything except a trash can and the coffee pot!

Brett: Oh. I forgot the coffee pot.

Me: 🤣😂😂🤣

While still Face Timing, Olivia should have taken the coffee machine and dropped it off the balcony and let him see it smashing into a million pieces...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Brett is a douche.  I always knew it.  Did he even bother to take his cat?

What an asshole.  Brett's sarcasm is nothing more than a cover because he's unable to say exactly how he's feeling and what's going on, so he hides behind sarcasm.  He showed just what a coward he is.  He couldn't even tell Olivia to her face, how he felt.  He had to run away when she wasn't there.  That's the type of man Brett is, I guess.

Asshole.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, cinsays said:

Olivia doesn't cook.  She wouldn't know that the pantry was already bare.

27 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Isn't the orange cat Brett's?

I always pack the whole car and come in last to put the cats in the car because they don't particularly like being in a carrier in the car. I do know that Brett loves his kitty and his kitty loves him and he's not sure not leaving him.  If he had been putting him in the carrier he wouldn't of been able to take out the bag he had.  I also don't like to put them in first because what if something goes wrong and I leave I lock my keys in or I drop the keys and now they're in the car and I can't get back in?  I wouldn't put a child in first either.

• Love 5

I think under normal circumstances what Brett did would be pretty crass.  But this was a coronavirus shutdown.  It was a very stressful time in especially in NOLA.  He just probably wanted to get home as soon as he could to hunker down, and perhaps he made an impulsive move.  It sounds like he and Olivia had already discussed their decision so it was time to get on with life.  I cut him some slack given the Covid situation.

• Love 10

Brett tells Olivia the marriage was doomed because they disagree on the fundamentals...Money and Kids.

Brett is not going to change his mind about pinching pennies, accounting for every dollar in his paycheck, having kids sooner than later and living in his modest home in a regular neighborhood.

Olivia is not going to change her attitude about how to spend her hard earned money, her loathing for Brett’s home (Too long commute to her work and its warts )her resentment for having been matched with a man who cannot afford to live a life of fancy restaurants and 5 star resorts and having kids with Brett on his timeline...she wants to delay having kids to travel and be a couple who are unfettered by the responsibility of little ones...but Brett would love to be a Dad now.

Olivia and Brett made it to Decision Day...until production moved the goal post and delayed Decision Day 6 More weeks...

That was Brett’s last straw...why beat a dead horse for another 6 weeks?
 BOlivia are 2 mules kicking each other, no one is going to change their mind...So while Olivia was out for the whole day visiting her mother..

Brett cut bait and hauled ass....he is a wimp to avoid confrontation but Olivia would not let him leave without a mind numbing "talk" so buh bye.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14

OTOH, meanwhile at the Obamas....

Karen is distraught that Miles says he would have voted himself off the Island on the original Decision Day date...

Will Karen use her unexpected emotional outburst as a wake up call?

Will  6 weeks of Lobster Mac and Cheese and lovin' between the sheets enough to make Miles change his mind?

Yes, duh.

• Love 5

Olivia is an ass. She's crying over a guy that is not high fallutin' enough for her so why the tears and heartbreak? They are not compatible in any way so why not just call it a day and be done with it? Once again, it seems like one of those situations where someone buys a product that does not work to their liking so instead of returning it and getting something that does the job you want, you keep the subpar product and continually rail at it for not doing what you want.

I think Brett's an asshole and didn't really understand what the move out was all about. It sounded like he was irritated that she decided to travel? Or he decided that if he was going to be on lockdown 24/7, that he was going to do it in his own house. I can't blame him. I wonder in what context the "I'm going to move some of my stuff out" statement was made.

15 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I always pack the whole car and come in last to put the cats in the car because they don't particularly like being in a carrier in the car. I do know that Brett loves his kitty and his kitty loves him and he's not sure not leaving him.  If he had been putting him in the carrier he wouldn't of been able to take out the bag he had.  I also don't like to put them in first because what if something goes wrong and I leave I lock my keys in or I drop the keys and now they're in the car and I can't get back in?  I wouldn't put a child in first either.

I do that too for the same reasons above. I wasn't suggesting that Brett would not take his cat or that he does not love him. I wasn't throwing shade at him, I was simply asking if the orange one was his because I had forgotten.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I think Brett's an asshole and didn't really understand what the move out was all about. It sounded like he was irritated that she decided to travel? Or he decided that if he was going to be on lockdown 24/7, that he was going to do it in his own house. I can't blame him. I wonder in what context the "I'm going to move some of my stuff out" statement was made.

He seemed mildly irritated  Olivia left to visit her mother during the quarantine but that was not the straw that broke the camel's back.

Brett was totally fed up with being on his best behavior on camera and he was looking forward to Decision Day to dump Olivia.

So the unexpected extension of an additional 6 weeks documenting a relationship that was never going to work was his breaking point.

Brett and Olivia talked about him moving "some" of his stuff out but he decided to go whole hog...which was sneaky and underhanded.

Olivia seemed more upset that he ate all the food more than him being gone but that is just how she processes shock.

In her absence, Brett seized the opportunity to pack up without her yammering at him and he left like a thief in the night.

Brett made himself the villain by quitting the show and the process, leaving Olivia be the martyr.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
On 10/3/2020 at 7:53 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

That would be excruciating if the only thing keeping you going is knowing you only have to get through a few more weeks and then having things put on hold indefinitely. I’d fly the coop too. I’m curious to hear more of Christina’s pattern dishonesty Henry is referring to. 

I agree re: Brett. Obviously, we haven't seen what happens, but the fact that they pushed the filming weeks past decision day makes me sympathize with Brett. Maybe he could have done it differently, but if he was going to say no on decision day, then I don't fault him for not wanting to drag things on. I am guessing this is why production turned on him - he stopped playing nice even though he had fulfilled his part as far as the show went. I don't fault him at all. I wouldn't want to live with her either.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

OTOH, meanwhile at the Obamas....

Karen is distraught that Miles says he would have voted himself off the Island on the original Decision Day date...

Will Karen use her unexpected emotional outburst as a wake up call?

Will  6 weeks of Lobster Mac and Cheese and lovin' between the sheets enough to make Miles change his mind?

Yes, duh.

Karen is in the position that Christina was hoping to be in with Henry. Miles is obviously very attracted to her (she's quite pretty) and is gung ho for the relationship...giving her the power since she is not that into him

I do not think Karen is a bad person but she probably never thought that it would be Miles that would want to end things. It would either throw her for a loop or make her relieved that she does not have to be the bad guy.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

We don't know why Miles told Karen that he would choose to not be married, but maybe that will shake Ms. Karen up and make her see that he will not wait around for crumbs forever. Maybe she will see what she is about to lose?

Sadly, it might...Miles deserves better.

• Love 8

Obviously I haven't seen the new episode yet, but if Olivia was running off to visit her mother against quarantine advice, I really don't blame Brett for wanting to go back to his own house and not be around her. 

Sad that the last time I found Olivia likable was when she said "I'm sure he's a lovely person" when describing the male stripper in episode 2. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I have had a hard time finding Olivia likeable too.  I'm sorry I missed that "sneak peak" video.  It seems to have been permanently hidden.  I will say that I think Olivia is incredibly naïve if she believed that Brett was only going to move some of his stuff out.   It looks like he was fairly open and direct with her that he felt that things were not working out and why, but again it's hard to tell before seeing the actual episode.

• Love 4
On 10/3/2020 at 3:07 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

I always took petite to mean small in height and weight . Like I wouldn’t call a short woman who is on the heavier side “ petite .” Just doesn’t seem to fit the word . But I guess it’s more relative to height than weight . 

Yes, I'm 4ft 11in and definitely on the chunky side (about a US 12, UK 16). I can find petite clothes in my size. The 'petiteness' in clothes sizing relates to things such as sleeve length, armhole depth and placement, shoulder width, waist lines, crotch-to-waistband rise and leg lengths.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
58 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Yes, I'm 4ft 11in and definitely on the chunky side (about a US 12, UK 16). I can find petite clothes in my size. The 'petiteness' in clothes sizing relates to things such as sleeve length, armhole depth and placement, shoulder width, waist lines, crotch-to-waistband rise and leg lengths.

"Petite" can mean different things in different contexts.  When it comes to clothing "petite" refers to height and proportion, not weight.  You can be a plus sized petite.  When it comes to describing a woman it usually refers to someone who is short AND thin.

This is the Dictionary.com definition with both senses of the word:

adjective

(of a woman) short and having a small, trim figure; diminutive.

noun

a category of clothing sized for women or girls of less than average height and with average or diminutive figures.

a garment in such a size:The petites are on that rack.

a woman or girl who wears clothing of such a size.

That said, I am a petite sized woman, but I wear a petite extra large in clothing so while I would qualify as a petite in terms of clothing designations, it appears that I don't qualify as being described as petite by the use of adjectives.

BTW, I'm not having such an easy time finding petite clothing during the pandemic because most of the sources of that clothing are severely limiting their petite offerings this season so far.

• Love 2

I can understand both sides in that if I knew the marriage was going nowhere I'd want to nope out of 6 more week stuck together in such an isolated situation. I even understand him wanting to move out without Olivia around. With Olivia I wonder why she really gives a shit, unless off camera he was leading her on a bit to think there was some hope. He also should've been very direct with her as in 'there's nothing happening, nothing is going to happen, so I will be moving myself out & back to my own home completely' - that's what she apparently needed.

ETA: Why move just some things out anyway? And if he's moving some things out the marriage is obviously going to end. I don't think I understand either one of them.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6

https://www.ibtimes.com/married-first-sight-lockdown-begins-couples-left-alone-new-clip-3058257

Bourbon Street is empty...Bourbon Street is empty....

Before Covid, hoping Wamani and Benmelia had swim dates at Gotham Lofts....then having drinks on the Randalls poolside porch...

Brett is worried because a work buddy was Covid positive...his wife is at Covid risk every shift she works...I can see why he skedaddled back to his home sweet home.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Before Covid, hoping Wamani and Benmelia had swim dates at Gotham Lofts....then having drinks on the Randalls poolside porch...

MAFSfan reported that the shot of "Gotham Lofts" is not even where they were living, although I looked the spoiler site and now I can't find any of that. Perhaps she had to remove it for legal reasons, but I think it's funny they show that shot every episode and those people weren't even living there.......

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Right, they did not actually live in The Gotham. They stayed at The Julia - if you look at some scenes carefully, you'll see them using cups with their logo, and I think someone was holding a keychain with The Julia on it. Apparently, they didn't want to be associated with the show so they insisted on no promotion. All those outside shots of The Gotham are a ruse.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

In the tease, Henry is saying the streets are empty... the street sign over Henry's head said Julia Street...so confirmed they lived at The Julia

In last week’s episode when Brett and Olivia were watching their wedding DVD, Olivia was holding a Blue travel cup with the word “Julia” on it

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/3/2020 at 8:41 PM, humbleopinion said:

I was fuming on her behalf too. It's pretty shitty of him to have cleared out their pantry during a lockdown when grocery shopping was challenging. Total dick move. 

• Love 8
On 9/29/2020 at 1:14 AM, Yeah No said:

Attracting good looking women might actually be a relatively new thing for Henry since (as far as I heard) he lost a lot of weight recently.  He's another one I worry about because given his previous weight plus the way the rest of his brothers and father look, he might not be able to keep the weight off forever.

I don't believe Henry's weight loss was any time recently. He just has the emotional scars mentally from being overweight as a child.  He's a conventionally good looking man and I don't think that women reject him upon just looking at him.

On 9/29/2020 at 1:21 PM, Ilovepie said:

And here is the problem - did you see the house they were living in in New Jersey???? Not sure she could afford that on just her nurse's salary. Plus, probably long hours and she wants to be with her kids, which I don't begrudge her. I am not sure if they sold the NJ house with their move to Florida or if they kept it AND bought the FL house, but if it's both, she really needs to keep up her Unfiltered gig as well as couples cam.......

That picture is not their house.  The show sometimes shows fake exteriors so that people cannot locate the participants and harass them.  

4 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

I was fuming on her behalf too. It's pretty shitty of him to have cleared out their pantry during a lockdown when grocery shopping was challenging. Total dick move. 

She doesn't cook; just complaining.  How would she know what should Still be in the pantry after a weekend away? Even if she did now I can see Brent saying "now she can have an expensive meal delivered, she didn't really like my cooking anyway."  She didn't want Brett she just wanted Brett to want her. She's kind of boring and thinks if she does exciting things she'll be exciting but she's not. But I do think she wanted Brett to want her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I don't believe Henry's weight loss was any time recently. He just has the emotional scars mentally from being overweight as a child.  He's a conventionally good looking man and I don't think that women reject him upon just looking at him.

Actually I've read in a few articles that his weight loss was "recent", including in a couple of links posted in this thread.  Not sure how accurate they are but that's where I got it from, anyway. (shrug) 

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-karens-mysterious-text-gives-it-all-away/

Henry Rodriguez is her match on Married At First Sight. Henry is quiet like Christine. He’s recently lost a lot of weight and had heart surgery after a routine check-up showed a leaky valve. Henry is kind of awkward and doesn’t have a lot of confidence. He is ready to settle down with someone and asks his long-time BFF to be his best man. Henry’s called the “reserved gentleman” and Henry Rodriguez seems a good match for Christina.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/mafs-the-one-couple-from-season-11-fans-find-the-most-award-may-surprise-you.html/

Henry’s relationship history isn’t too colorful. He’s admittedly shy and insecure. After losing weight and having major surgery, Henry says he knew marriage was the next step. Married at First Sight is out of his comfort zone, but something he says he knows is necessary as he has trouble meeting women on his own.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Who's paying for Christina's surgery?  She's homeless and probably fired after covid hit the airlines, no way she has the cash.

Interesting question.  I never care where any of these people get their money to do whatever, hey, I didn't pay for it.  

Maybe Lifetime?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

All those outside shots of The Gotham are a ruse.

I'd be mad if I were the Gotham, because I remember thinking no way would I live there, with that barking dog in one couple's neighbor's apartment, and some of them complaining about the stomping they could hear in the apartment above them.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Kira53 said:

That picture is not their house.  The show sometimes shows fake exteriors so that people cannot locate the participants and harass them.  

It is certainly their house on Couples Cam - do you think they are in a fake house when they are filming themselves? I also follow her on Instagram and she posts constantly from her house. I have not zillowed housing in New Jersey, but I would assume it can't be cheap to live there. That looked like a pretty big two story house, so I would say at the very least 3,000 square feet plus a pretty large yard. They were also remodeling it. I still maintain that it was not a cheap property for them to buy or maintain.

• Love 1