Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gosh I had to go look her up!  I think Will was her MAFS husband but I can't remember their story.

Jasmine wanted a husband to pay all, or at least most of the bills. Will wanted something closer to 50/50. Jasmine made a few unsuccessful attempts to seduce Will. Even if they'd been on the same page financially, he still might not have been attracted to her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/17/2020 at 10:52 AM, Retired at last said:

OH NO - I just read that Elizabeth and Jamie have changed their minds and are now talking about having kids!!! I think they are just ever so slightly below Jamie O on the "will do anything for a camera" scale. I am sure if they do, they will want it all on a reality show.

I'd be interested in knowing where you read that? I haven't seen it mentioned on their social media anywhere.  I guess people are allowed to change their minds about parenthood. 

15 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I'd be interested in knowing where you read that? I haven't seen it mentioned on their social media anywhere.  I guess people are allowed to change their minds about parenthood. 

Yes, people are allowed to change their minds about parenthood, but some people shouldn't.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, shok said:

Yes, people are allowed to change their minds about parenthood, but some people shouldn't.

Agreed that there are bad parents in the world, but, who gets to make that decision?  I was curious to see where it was written that they were considering having children. They haven't mentioned it on their social media. 

Edited by cardigirl
21 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Sorry it took a while to find it: it was on popculture.com 'Married at First Sight': Beth Bice and Jamie Thompson Have Changed Their Minds Completely About Having Kids. It could be a fake article, but I did read it!

Thanks for the research!  Here's the link for anyone who wants to read the article.  Beth was being interviewed on a podcast when she talked about the conversations she and Jamie are having about possible children in the future.  

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 1
On 12/31/2020 at 9:10 AM, gonecrackers said:

I don't know if I'll be following this season; maybe loosely online, but I'm already pissed off so not sure I'm up to it -

Reg. Chris

Yeah this is probably the most disgusting example of why the experts and the show suck. That timeline should absolutely have taken him out of contention. I think this is proof they really do not vet these people, and if they did know this and cast him anyway for the drama, then these producers and experts are garbage humans. I hope Paige leaves immediately and asks for an annulment. If Michael was able to get one, she definitely can claim fraud!

This really bums me out because last season was so great. They obviously decided to go the other way this time around, and I am definitely not here for it. I will try it out, but if this goes they way of DC, I will not be finishing it.....

• Love 7

Christopher Williams II was recruited and he wants the fame that comes from MAFS....

Googling Brings up several ATL articles on him.

He calls himself a restauranteur...he owns a Subway franchise.🙄

Thinking he doesn’t open his wallet for those thousand of restaurant meals...he must trade free comp meals (thinking value meals)with other restaurateurs when they come in for their “foot longs.”

He wants to give you the impression they are fine dining experiences.....

His finance management school was a pay school not an accredited college plus he didn’t finish that Phoenix DeVry type of school and left without his completion certificate with a shiny gold foil shield sticker on it.
He takes advantage of people’s perception he is more affluent and living high on the hog by not correcting with the plain truth....

Dude lived out of his car for 4 months ( I bet it was more like 9 months to a year) When he first got to south Florida to work at a car dealership and did his toilet and shower out of a Planet Fitness.
Hope Paige calls out his fakey fake facades and exposes the real Chris......

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Wow, and people thought Michael from DC was bad for lying about his job.  This Christopher dude makes Michael look like a saint.   I find it hard to believe the producers didn't know about this stuff.

I just hope Paige catches on pretty quickly so that she can get the marriage annulled ASAP. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Paige has a MS in Accounting and is a realtor...ambitious and hard worker.

Educated and a go getter who can probably work a room of business professionals in the time Chris is primping  his hair.

Hope Chris can embrace having a wife that is college educated, has financial smarts greater than he, is accomplished professionally and not obsess over her looks if he is not instantly struck by her beauty....

Can Chris be patient to discover her inner beauty and brain power rather than be a superficial turd?

I am not hopeful nor optimistic about this couple unless Chris is instantly amazed and falls in love like Woody did at the alter (minus the shoulder shrugging)

• Love 4

I just wanted to add that I'm not turning my nose up at anyone who owns a Subway franchise, not at all.  However, Christopher clearly wanted to project owning a "restaurant" to make himself look like some kind of high powered entrepreneur.   And on a shallow note, I don't see anything attractive about him.

• Love 10

I second that emotion ( Google that phrase for a good song) and do not poo poo anyone owning a brand franchise...however don’t be embarrassed to call it what it is .....A Globally known sandwich shop.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I don't get the aversion to men going sockless, especially down south where it's hot. It's not weird, at least not to me. 
There are other things about Chris that are concerning for sure. 

I just think it looks stupid to wear dress up clothing and no socks. To me, it ruins the look.

If you're going to put on a jacket and tie, ffs put on socks.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I don't get the aversion to men going sockless, especially down south where it's hot. It's not weird, at least not to me. 
There are other things about Chris that are concerning for sure. 

It looks weird, at least to me, to see a man in a pair of dress shoes and sockless.   Sneakers and sandals or other casual shoes?  Fine.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

And, socks absorb the sweat (and to a degree, the smell).  

I think they wear those no-show socks. So sock-less may be the wrong name for the style. At any rate, it doesn't bother me. Not as much as Clara's pointy nails. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 12/4/2020 at 1:27 PM, Ilovepie said:

There is already 90DF and Marrying Millions and myriad other shows for train wreck watching, and there is enough drama to be mined from the situation itself without "casting" nutjobs with no intention of finding a life partner......

I agree totally! 

And I want to give you additional "likes" for using the word "myriad" correctly in a sentece because nobody EVER does!!!! Thank you! 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I think they wear those no-show socks. So sock-less may be the wrong name for the style. At any rate, it doesn't bother me. Not as much as Clara's pointy nails. 

The sock-less look trend is tacky IMO, but I hate the pointy nails as well.

• Love 5

Just weighing in on the no-socks look with dress pants: All of the current styles for men are skinny tapering to just above the ankle, almost cropped. I think wearing that style of pant would look ridiculous with a sock. If it's an old school straight leg style covering your ankle and breaking across the top of your shoe look, then I think sock-less would look stupid. It's more to do with the style of pants......

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Just weighing in on the no-socks look with dress pants: All of the current styles for men are skinny tapering to just above the ankle, almost cropped. I think wearing that style of pant would look ridiculous with a sock. If it's an old school straight leg style covering your ankle and breaking across the top of your shoe look, then I think sock-less would look stupid. It's more to do with the style of pants......

I agree, it has to do with the style of the pants.  I don't like the skinny, tapering, too short pants leg either.  The no-socks look doesn't go with dress shoes either.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Me either. I think this is going into the "what was I thinking" territory, someday.

Well, to be fair, every decade has fashion that fits into that category. Personally, I don't mind it because the pants have a fitted tailored look to them which I find way more appealing and youthful than baggy and over sized, which was how pants were when I was young in the 1980's and 1990's. Woody from last season is especially dapper and he sports this look. Full disclosure though, I wear most of my pants and shoes the same way. Even shoes that normally require socks I wear half socks, so it looks like I am wearing no socks - even sneakers. As I am writing this I am sporting white cropped jeans with adidas sneakers. No socks in sight! 😛

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Even shoes that normally require socks I wear half socks, so it looks like I am wearing no socks - even sneakers. As I am writing this I am sporting white cropped jeans with adidas sneakers. No socks in sight! 😛

See though, that's cute, but a suit with the no sock look not so much, IMO of course. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 7

I wonder if he will still call himself a "restauranteur" by the end of filming....

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-chris-williams-subway-closed-but-he-started-3-more-companies/

Good thing he married an accountant that can potentially handle his "success." 

ETA: I realize that Covid-19 and the ensuing restrictions caused many, many previously successful restaurants and businesses to fail.  However, with Chris, I get that wonderful, fuzzy feeling of schadenfreude.  Sorry not sorry.

Edited by HZAnita
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

It's unbelievable how Chris went ahead with the wedding knowing his ex was pregnant. I think there are financial penalties if you don't, so maybe that had something to do with it (no excuses though).

I wonder how he "raised" the money to open the franchise, & how he's coming up with money to open 3 more businesses. They do pay them something to do this show, & he seems like the type who would be after the money.

There's no excuse for this guy being matched.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 1/18/2021 at 2:53 PM, Ilovepie said:

Well, to be fair, every decade has fashion that fits into that category.

I don't like the suits with ankle-length pants and no socks, but I get it--it's fashion.  My beef is when they don't wear socks with a tuxedo.  Back in the 1970s, tuxedos didn't have big bell bottoms.  And in the 1980s and 90s, tuxedos didn't have pleated pants.  Tuxedos have only slight nods to current fashion--that's what makes them a classic.  And they need socks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't like the suits with ankle-length pants and no socks, but I get it--it's fashion.  My beef is when they don't wear socks with a tuxedo.  Back in the 1970s, tuxedos didn't have big bell bottoms.  And in the 1980s and 90s, tuxedos didn't have pleated pants.  Tuxedos have only slight nods to current fashion--that's what makes them a classic.  And they need socks.

Tuxedos absolutely had pleated pants in the 90's - all I have to is look at my wedding photo to confirm! I know I said it's the style of pants, but it's also the shoe - back in the day, a tux was worn with an polished oxford or something with laces. These are being worn with very stylized loafers. I don't think either this shoe or this pant style would work with socks. It's a young look for sure. I understand why some don't like it though.

• Love 3

Tuxedos absolutely had pleated pants in the 90's - all I have to is look at my wedding photo to confirm!

They still have pleated pants.  I was thinking of the aggressively pleated pants, that are really big at the top and taper down at the bottom, like the shape of Dockers back then--not just pleats that accommodate some girth.

I know I said it's the style of pants, but it's also the shoe - back in the day, a tux was worn with an polished oxford or something with laces. These are being worn with very stylized loafers. I don't think either this shoe or this pant style would work with socks. 

I completely agree.  But my approach is that bare ankles with a tuxedo is just too jarring.  So if there's something about the outfit that doesn't work with socks, then change it so socks will work.  There can be other times to wear stylized loafers, just like there are other times to wear sneakers. 

• Love 3

Call me crazy, I don't mind it (ducks head). I think that style looks youthful and cool. These aren't James Bond Tuxedos - they are multi-colored and patterned. It's just a more casual look overall, and I think that's why it doesn't bother me.

It's kind of hilarious that there has been more discussion about the grooms socks than the brides!

Ok - whose dress is best? I like Brianna's the most. It might be my favorite dress of any season.  I also think the back of Clara's dress is adorable. Paige's dress fits her like a glove, but I feel like it would read more elegant if she had done her hair in an updo.  Hayley's is boring since it looks exactly like DC Jessica's. I don't like Virginia's dress - too busy for me personally. And the less said about her makeup and hair the better. Hot mess comes to mind.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Call me crazy, I don't mind it (ducks head). I think that style looks youthful and cool. These aren't James Bond Tuxedos - they are multi-colored and patterned. It's just a more casual look overall, and I think that's why it doesn't bother me.

It's kind of hilarious that there has been more discussion about the grooms socks than the brides!

Ok - whose dress is best? I like Brianna's the most. It might be my favorite dress of any season.  I also think the back of Clara's dress is adorable. Paige's dress fits her like a glove, but I feel like it would read more elegant if she had done her hair in an updo.  Hayley's is boring since it looks exactly like DC Jessica's. I don't like Virginia's dress - too busy for me personally. And the less said about her makeup and hair the better. Hot mess comes to mind.

I'm with you about the sockless look with these tighter tuxes.  I think it looks fine.  I liked all the wedding dresses this season, but agree that Paige should have had her hair up for better optics. I wonder how much input production has with the color schemes and dress choices?

• Love 2

Call me crazy, I don't mind it (ducks head). I think that style looks youthful and cool. These aren't James Bond Tuxedos

You got that right.  Sean Connery (R.I.P.) would probably be rolling over in his grave at the thought of guys in tight assed tuxes and no socks.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I'm with you about the sockless look with these tighter tuxes.  I think it looks fine.  I liked all the wedding dresses this season, but agree that Paige should have had her hair up for better optics. I wonder how much input production has with the color schemes and dress choices?

I'm guessing they have limited choices given they aren't paying for it (which btw, how funny was Clara's dad for joking about that at the reception?). I'm guessing some of Clara's angst about the hem job on her dress came from her lack of control to get what she wanted, but given the time frame, it's not surprising that the fit and finish of these dresses is sometimes so bad.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I'm guessing they have limited choices given they aren't paying for it (which btw, how funny was Clara's dad for joking about that at the reception?). I'm guessing some of Clara's angst about the hem job on her dress came from her lack of control to get what she wanted, but given the time frame, it's not surprising that the fit and finish of these dresses is sometimes so bad.

Yeah, Clara's not the first bride to complain about her dress.  I've seen brides from other seasons complain, too.  In particular, I've noticed that a lot of the bodices don't fit right--Clara's and Brianna's come to mind--because there's not enough time to do a proper fitting.

Edited by Crashcourse
bride, not bridesmaid
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I agree about Brianna...really liked her look.

Viginia is a cute girl but her wedding day look was awful. The dress did not do justice to her figure, her hair was a mess, and the make up was awful and she almost looked like she had two black eyes by the end of the night.

Luckily, her groom was still very attracted to her despite all of that.

• Love 4

DC Katie Conrad is engaged ...alert pond turtles

Katie's fiance is 28 year old Air Force officer Brandon Eaves who she met on Hinge shortly after Mother’s Day 2020. She moved to where he is stationed on the Gulf coast and got engaged last week.

Mazel Tov!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

ttps://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-season-14-of-mafs-casting/

Going back to Boston!

Group tour available for a Season 6 walk down memory lane....

Bring your paintball gear and play teams at Ryan's paintball park

Have a drink at the bar that Jon got fed up with her flirting with a(nother) stranger other than her stranger husband....and Molly did the wah wah wah crybaby at him....

Shop at Shawniece's wig shop

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 1/24/2021 at 7:11 PM, Jeanne222 said:

I watched a cooking video Karen and Miles put together on YouTube!  They seem really happy and compatible!  Karen is quite a cook.  She fixed Glazed Salmon, Creamed Spinach and Baked Sweet Potatoes!

I watched it, too. People in the comments kept asking if they are still friends with Woody and Amani. Karen and Miles moved and don't live steps away from Woody and Amani any more. They are "social distancing" and the couples don't see each other as often as they used to. Amani and Woody were also in the comments. 

Other people in the comments asked for their PO Box so they could send Karen cooking supplies. 

Greg and Deonna started a YouTube channel, too.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Honeymoon in....Las Vegas...how disappointing but where else can you go to?

Will Erik fly himself and Virginia to Lost Wages...sorry, no beverage service, Lush, bring a flask....

Wonder if MAFS booked an entire hotel for filming...plenty of Covid shut down hotels to house the talent and production....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3