Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Flip Flops said:

I watched Danielle and Bobby on their season and am hearing that a lot of people now can’t stand Bobby. Guess I missed why. Anyone fill me in?

5 hours ago, Linarina said:

There might be more to it, not sure, but for starters he's an anti-mask Trumper.

He also is a hunter, and received tons of flack for that, but at least he is eating what he hunts and knows how to cook it. 

I think political discussion is not allowed on the boards. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Huh, i wonder exactly where this subway was located, since I live right near there.

Couldn't they have somehow gotten another subway franchise to gain the equipment instead of just letting passerbys grab it? guess that isn't a legal option but still.... if he wasn't paying the bills, he didn't own the stuff.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Linarina said:

He's a "traditional, conservative" guy.  He's not looking for depth.  He probably wouldn't even recognize it.

Yeah, the conversation probably ended when he thought "She's young and hot".

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Flip Flops said:

I watched Danielle and Bobby on their season and am hearing that a lot of people now can’t stand Bobby. Guess I missed why. Anyone fill me in?

Really?  I didn't know that!  He's much snarkier since the show, so I loved watching them on Couples Cam.  They seem pretty nice, settled and happy in their married life. 

Of course, I love watching Elizabeth and Jamie on Couples Cam too, so I'm probably not the norm. lol  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Flip Flops said:

I didn't like him from the jump because of the way he treated Danielle about her spending. I'm a working adult. There is no way in hell anyone is going to talk down to me about my spending. My earnings, my money, my decisions.

I understand that Danielle was a big  spender, living on the edge financially and if she was going to settle down, there would have to be some meeting of the minds with regard to how they would handle finances, but his delivery sucked. He treated like like a child. Bleh.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I think she's more likely to hear Darth Vaeda jokes but what do I know?

I thought of the movie “My Girl.” It was Anna Chlumsky’s first role, and her character’s name was Vada.

• Love 1

Maybe it’s a family name. Anthony is very proud of his Italian heritage. 

I skipped the Bobby/Danielle season so I missed out of them and the Tristan/Mia thing. Bobby always seemed like an asshole in what little I’ve seen of him on couples couch though. 

Is there a Couples Cam thread or do we just post about that here? That show is getting a little crowded with all of the successful couples. I would be happy if they retired Doug and Jamie at this point......

• Love 3

I just read somewhere that Paige was aware of the baby thing and the producers talked her into staying all season. I hope there was a lot of money and when she says she has sex with him every day - she is lying! (Just like Kate was when she said they weren't having sex - I fell for that debacle, so maybe this is just as phony.)

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I just read somewhere that Paige was aware of the baby thing and the producers talked her into staying all season. I hope there was a lot of money and when she says she has sex with him every day - she is lying! (Just like Kate was when she said they weren't having sex - I fell for that debacle, so maybe this is just as phony.)

What?!? That’s crazy! I hope she didn’t stay AND let him have sex with her whenever. So gross of production. I don’t even like watching them. It makes me uncomfortable 

• Love 6

You have got to be kidding me! I could see staying for the money but a big HELL NO to actually having sex with this asshole! What is wrong with her???!??

• Love 9

Didn’t he tell her on the honeymoon or soon thereafter?

• Love 3

According to next week's previews, it looks like he found out/told her on the honeymoon. If that is the case, there is NO WAY she should stay in the same room with him (but definitely stay on the trip if she is having fun). Production should have put them in two rooms if they wanted her to stay. And since we know what happens on Decision Day, I don't envy her spending 8 weeks with that jerk. But, what I am most concerned about is that scene they showed with Paige telling Pastor Cal that she has sex with him everyday - I am hoping she means until the day she finds out.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Retired at last said:But, what I am most concerned about is that scene they showed with Paige telling Pastor Cal that she has sex with him everyday - I am hoping she means until the day she finds out.

One can home. But I’m not so sure that’s what happened. 
I was laughing at a (probably) drunk Virginia asking him if he was sure it’s his lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2021 at 8:55 AM, HZAnita said:

I bet Erik's dealt with a thousand Chris-Luke-Matt-types in his military career.  He's having none of it.  And, yes, Virginia seems to like that take-charge side of him judging by her expressions in the previews.

Who are the Lakes?

I think Paige was eager to have sex on a daily basis because she was a wife I'm so in her mind sex with your husband was what she thought she was having versus having sex with your abuser.  I don't understand what kind of Christian either of them was.  Does Paige dresses in a sexually provocative way? I don't know how to explain it but she really really likes her boobs hanging out and everything cut up too high on the thigh.  Paige knows that she has a contract for staying together until decision day to not get sued, so maybe she figured at least she'd get some good sex out of it without any guilt since she is in a marriage. The quality of the marriage is not good, But it was still a marriage. I also believe she just had that crazy hope that what God put together she was just got a fix. Unfortunately she thinks Jesus and therapy will fix or could fix Chris no brain scans will show that he has no empathy.  There's more and more evidence that he's a sociopath.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Is there a Couples Cam thread or do we just post about that here? That show is getting a little crowded with all of the successful couples. I would be happy if they retired Doug and Jamie at this point......

There is. Right now, it's about nine pages long and goes back to last May. 

Chris isn't the only one who mentioned his type a few times. Brianna prefers tan men who are taller than her. Vincent prefers women with body types and facial features like Brianna. Ryan prefers blondes. Clara prefers ethnic men. Probably, they would have responded better than Chris if MAFS matched them with someone who wasn't their type. 

Chris more or less told Paige that he cheated on his fiancee on their wedding day. He acknowledged that the relationship hadn't ended that long ago. She met his creepy father, and that conversation with Chris and STILL she slept with him that night and the day after.  Hopefully she learns something about herself and her expectations after this adventure. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

There is. Right now, it's about nine pages long and goes back to last May. 

Chris isn't the only one who mentioned his type a few times. Brianna prefers tan men who are taller than her. Vincent prefers women with body types and facial features like Brianna. Ryan prefers blondes. Clara prefers ethnic men. Probably, they would have responded better than Chris if MAFS matched them with someone who wasn't their type. 

Chris more or less told Paige that he cheated on his fiancee on their wedding day. He acknowledged that the relationship hadn't ended that long ago. She met his creepy father, and that conversation with Chris and STILL she slept with him that night and the day after.  Hopefully she learns something about herself and her expectations after this adventure. 

I remember Pastor Cal saying during the matchmaking episode that Chris would probably not be attracted to Paige but if he could get over that, they would make a great couple.

I thought that was total bullshit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I remember Pastor Cal saying during the matchmaking episode that Chris would probably not be attracted to Paige but if he could get over that, they would make a great couple.

Did anyone other than Jamie Otis decide to make it work after they were matched with someone they didn't find attractive? Or, has anyone other Doug hung in there after being matched with someone who wasn't attracted to them and had it turn into a MAFS success story?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rae Spellman said:

Did anyone other than Jamie Otis decide to make it work after they were matched with someone they didn't find attractive? Or, has anyone other Doug hung in there after being matched with someone who wasn't attracted to them and had it turn into a MAFS success story?

Jephte did not want to even sleep in the same room with Shawniece after the wedding but her great personality eventually won him over.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Jephte was and still is an ass, imo. He wanted to be matched with an Instagram model type! I give Shawniece a lot of credit for hanging in there; it would have been a no if it had been me.

Honestly, I think she should not have stayed with him though I hear that they are happy now...so I guess I was wrong.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Please provide a link. Thanks! 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, qtpye said:

He said the same thing about Luke with Kate. He likes ethnic women and they gave him a blond, blue-eyed woman. Yeah, that’s gonna work.

• Love 4
On 2/5/2021 at 2:54 PM, Retired at last said:

Sucks this crap will go on all season. I was hoping they'd call it quits over the honeymoon.

• Love 5

I like Paige, I think she has a lot on her plate with her husband's mental health issues and what the producers reportedly put her thru that said, does that girl speak above a whisper ever, I have to crank up the volume to hear her, am I alone in this?

Drunk Virginia's party antics will wear thin with Erik, they may have crazy energy in the bedroom but that can only take a marriage so far, their life goals seem to be different from each others, I predict Erik being super happy when he has to fly if only to have a little less booze fueled evenings. 

Body builder guy seems boring however I would use him, you know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, lol. He maybe a bit rigid in his diet and exercise routine and likes to talk about it a lot but dayum, he does look good, I'd even be able to igore his fashion of the 80's!

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Wrong name.
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Body builder guy seems boring however I would use him, you know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, lol. He maybe a bit rigid in his diet and exercise routine and likes to talk about it a lot but dayum, he does look good, I'd even be able to igore his fashion of the 80's!

I hope his rigidity works in your favor, ahem.... wink, wink, nudge nudge....but his monotone droning on and on and on and on... may kill any mood....

Thinking noise canceling headphones may be the key....

• LOL 7
57 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

There have been a few posts reg. SM from Kate reg. the show. Kate posted & deleted this one to her IG? I guess, & someone on Reddit caught & re-posted it. I felt it was worth sharing here.

image.thumb.png.601afa5b5e2e33863b2035587d2fdaf2.png

Thanks for post this and now we know why Paige stays. I would, however, pull a Zack and never move in this with the disgusting loser that is now her husband. Zack figured out a way to quit without having to pay $100,000 (still hate Zack).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Thanks for post this and now we know why Paige stays. I would, however, pull a Zack and never move in this with the disgusting loser that is now her husband. Zack figured out a way to quit without having to pay $100,000 (still hate Zack).

Absolutely. Nothing says she has to live with the guy - I believe there were others who pulled that as well, & just got together for filming. But it sounds like she lived with him AND had sex with him daily? My hope that was just the honeymoon even though that would even be too much!

Paige has been saying she couldn't see him, or everything, from the lens we're seeing it from, & I understand that, but, she admitted she did see the red flags waving even from the wedding. So she definitely could've pumped the brakes & kept some distance from him, allowing him to prove who he was & protect herself more.  But it sounds like she did the polar opposite, which was very unwise. Even the Bible teaches prudence, but then, I think she's a Christian who applies what she wants & justifies her own behavior based on her 'faith'. JMO

• Love 7

I'm confused about Paige.  Is she that wanting?

She gets paired up with an a..hole, has sex with him, wears a red dress with her boobs and coochie exposed to Jamie's tell all then talks about how her religion is keeping her close to Chris.

She seems to be talking out of both sides of her mouth!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 11

I still can't believe that there is not a lawyer who couldn't break that contract if someone is being abused, debased, or emotionally damaged on screen. Yes, she signed up, but they did match her with someone who harmed her. I wish Paige would do the Zach thing and not live with Chris, but it's obviously too late and I have to admit that I do think less of her. Yes, she believed she was getting a real marriage, but to have sex multiple times after he was sending HUGE red flags (and even if she didn't see his, she sure did with his family), I think I have lost my compassion for her. Just stupid. I am glad that Kate posted that. I had lost my compassion for her, too!

And, @gonecrackers, Kate and Luke didn't have sex every day - he wouldn't. She seemed to have to talk him into it each time.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

And, @gonecrackers, Kate and Luke didn't have sex every day - he wouldn't. She seemed to have to talk him into it each time.

Yeah, I recall that she was the one going after him. But yet she asked the producers if she could leave the experiment early? Doesn't really add up either.

• Love 3

Sure could explain her drinking, though!

Also, on another board, a woman claims her son works with Luke from the whatever that season was and said that he was the nicest guy and it was all production hijinks. Also, he said that everyone lives in their own homes and the apartment is just for shooting on evenings and weekends. I guess maybe people could stay together if they wanted to, but generally, everyone goes to their own homes. We know Zack did! They must bring enough stuff to make it looked lived in and have some things when they are there for the camera. Now I feel better about Paige, although she did sleep with him🤢.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Sure could explain her drinking, though!

Also, on another board, a woman claims her son works with Luke from the whatever that season was and said that he was the nicest guy and it was all production hijinks. Also, he said that everyone lives in their own homes and the apartment is just for shooting on evenings and weekends. I guess maybe people could stay together if they wanted to, but generally, everyone goes to their own homes. We know Zack did! They must bring enough stuff to make it looked lived in and have some things when they are there for the camera. Now I feel better about Paige, although she did sleep with him🤢.

This doesn't sound like people trying to really "be married" though.  That's kinda' sad. 

5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

The fact that Luke says it doesn't necessarily make it so (and I believe he has friends who think he's a nice guy but still) - I'm sure they run back to their apartments to get stuff they forgot, or even to watch tv and chill out for a little bit, but I bet Kristine and Keith, and AJ and Stephanie, were doing what they were supposed to do.  How about Amber from a different season crying her eyes out because Matt never came home - is she a great actress or did production forget to tell her that everyone went home between filming?  I don't know if this woman's son is a nice guy who sees good in Luke, or another dirtball and Momma just has her mom blinders on, but it smells more like Luke being a duplicitous asshole to me.  Is Kate lying when she said she was manipulated by production, or did they forget to tell her to go home every night too?  It seems like all the way from Monet and Vaughn in season 1 we have known who doesn't stay at the apartment like they're supposed to, when they're not liking each other.  So Luke's found a way to excuse his asshole behavior to his friends (in fairness to him he doesn't seem to be claiming this publicly - which is another reason I think he's a big fat liar) and knowing how my own mom is I'm sure this lady believes what she's saying, but if he tried that with me I'd say "Sure, Jan" 😄 

• Love 9
On 2/5/2021 at 7:22 PM, qtpye said:

I think the "experts" should give couples a brief on why they were matched.  I keep hearing "well, they matched us for some reason".  It might help if they knew why.  Or not, in cases where we know it's just all about the drama...

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, lh25 said:

I think the "experts" should give couples a brief on why they were matched.  I keep hearing "well, they matched us for some reason".  It might help if they knew why.  Or not, in cases where we know it's just all about the drama...

Even in those cases - since they should have "reasons" for everyone - I know I'd think twice if Pepper told me they matched me with someone because they thought we'd "look sexy together" 😄 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, princelina said:

The fact that Luke says it doesn't necessarily make it so (and I believe he has friends who think he's a nice guy but still) -

So it's ok to believe what Kate posted, but not Luke?  They both might be suspect, or they both might be telling the truth.  We just don't know.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

So it's ok to believe what Kate posted, but not Luke?  They both might be suspect, or they both might be telling the truth.  We just don't know.

True.  Based on 10 years of watching this show and what I know about "the experts" and how things have been done in the past, including what we saw of Luke and Kate in their season, I am inclined to believe Kate and disbelieve Luke.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, princelina said:

True.  Based on 10 years of watching this show and what I know about "the experts" and how things have been done in the past, including what we saw of Luke and Kate in their season, I am inclined to believe Kate and disbelieve Luke.

Yes, and I'm inclined to believe Luke because I never bought in to the poor Kate story.  But yes, we can agree to disagree about this though. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, and I'm inclined to believe Luke because I never bought in to the poor Kate story.  But yes, we can agree to disagree about this though. 

Just to clarify - from Kate's above post I do believe that Luke was kind of gaslighting Kate, and I do believe she was manipulated by production; I don't necessarily believe that she was begging to leave at the time, and I don't believe that following extensive psych testing they deliberately fixed her up with someone who would purposely hurt her.  From my watching of the show I believe Kate was kind of stupid and easy to manipulate and Luke (and possibly/probably production) treated her like crap.  For reasons I listed above I don't believe Luke that the apartments are only for filming and "everyone" goes home at night and on weekends. But I'll admit that Luke is one of my top 3 most hated guys on MAFS so that could color my judgment 😄 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7