Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 3/7/2021 at 10:11 PM, gingerandcloves said:

I'm not sure I'm buying what she's selling. I think they did a terrible job vetting him. His previous engagement alone should have disqualified him regardless of his personality. Yes, I can see why they might have thought he and Paige would make a good match, as they do have things in common, but he was an a-hole way before the wedding occurred, and they should have pulled him from the show. I get the feeling from Dr. V that they are trying to cast for good TV, although she won't say it in so many words.

And I'm not convinced Mercedes was ever pregnant to begin with. If Chris is lying about her having a miscarriage, he's an even bigger slimeball than I thought possible. If there was a national "Do Not Date" list, Chris would be #1 on it.

I'm not buying what Viviana is selling either.  She is FOS.  It's too easy to claim being duped by Chris but they are supposed to be the EXPERTS that can see past a cool facade to the real person.  I'm sorry but I would have seen this bozo a mile away.  The interviewers said they thought he was questionable even as early as the matchmaking special.  Well duh, same for the rest of us.  I'm glad they confronted her with this. She kept going on about people being "perfect matches" on paper and how they never know if they're going to like each other - well that's a poor excuse for not using their common sense and using their eyes and personal judgment to spot a bad candidate.  You don't just match people on paper and expect that to be enough.  You don't just accept whatever they tell you and believe it like a gullible child.  Why have experts at all if they can't do more than that?  You have to expect that some people are going to try to scam you just to get on TV.  She is actually admitting that all they do is chit chat with these people and don't do any real investigating into their backgrounds.  Viviana is making herself look either as useless, dumb and naive as a box of rocks or just a really bad liar.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I saw that this week they are having a panel discussion lead by Kevin Frazier for the half-way mark. They haven't done that before, have they? I like him and it will be good to see something different.

Oh really? What day/time is this?

In her MAFS audition Clarabelle boasts “tasting every flavor of the rainbow”.

Methinks her oral declaration is an oral confession...

It’s time to pony up SidePart....Clarabelle needs to get rung , to get her switch flipped on...off...on...if you get my drift, wink, wink

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

Wait. Clara says she's getting Ryan off every night & makes a gesture with her hand, but he still won't touch her. Ok, that's just selfish.

Why would she have done that activity more than once if it has never been reciprocated, ever.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why would she have done that activity more than once if it has never been reciprocated, ever.

Hope springs eternal?
It is better to give than receive?
One good turn deserves another?
What is good for the goose is good for the gander?

Clarabelle is counting on the long game and has Costco sized packages of batteries and pocket rockets  at her disposal.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Pastor Dwight is always welcome if it shuts PO$ up....

But why? Why does this third party need to be there? Doesn't this show already pay three dumbasses experts? I am so sick of this Chris and Paige situation that has hijacked the entire show this season. Pastor Dwight and Mercedes have become the third and fourth members of this couple and the whole thing is a three ringed circus now. What a joke. It makes me long for the days of Heather and Derek having one short sit down, definitively splitting and going their own separate ways.........

• Love 14

I'm not sure Pastor Dwight would be any better than Pastor Cal.  Someone like Paige needs a more coach-father/mother-clergy person.  Someone who really lays it out for her clearly:  "When Chris says he's not attracted to you then tells you he wants sex, that's abuse. The proper reaction is to leave immediately not think it's your wifely duty."  Maybe the answer is to have more than one "pastor" figure - like the joke:  A Priest, a Rabbi and a Preacher...   maybe a woman who's ordained?  

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Devvie said:

Someone like Paige needs a more coach-father/mother-clergy person.

I truly don’t think there’s a person in the world who could get through Paige’s delusions. She needs a huge dose of self respect and common sense.

• Love 8

Paige responds:

Screenshot_20210321-131955_YouTube.jpg.4243936661f4ce0946aa10b616885146.jpg

I couldn't find a screen shot of the whole statement. Reportedly, she continues:

"This was a very traumatic experience for me. And there were plenty of times I emotionally checked out of the entire process. The pressure of it all had really taken a toll. I truly like to see the good in people. And that's why I give difficult things a fighting chance. But just like the old saying goes: when someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.

The Chris you see on camera is the same guy off camera. He is very self-serving the entire time."

Screenshot_20210321-134356_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c91a6f8918533a01723d8c9a1cdf9d5a.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-134713_YouTube.thumb.jpg.85dd3896f69a7a081b43660e3557da77.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-134825_YouTube.thumb.jpg.81cd26c6e9b57d9f017a7a22ada412e5.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-134853_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b31a1e0ef55106f37338e31a87a92216.jpg

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-chris-williams-mocks-fan-theories/

I know a lot of people in finance and typically they are beyond reproach in the way they live their lives.  The last thing they would want is for people to know they LIE.  Or are reckless with money.  If I ever saw Chris behind the desk of my bank, financial firm, etc. I would close my account that day!  All I see is that he is a financial manager.  That could be a lot of things.  Anyone have an idea?  I know he "defaulted" on the Subway franchise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

At this point Paige is doing this all for the $$$.  Chris probably gave Mercedes the Benz in exchange for appearing on TV to "support" his little charade and lie about being pregnant.   Or the show gave it to her and Chris is taking credit for it.  Paige isn't rich enough to walk away from the money and Chris is too vain and too into money to walk away either.  Then when he brought Mercedes into the show to make it all look legit (or the show asked him to bring her), she had to be recompensed.  Plus he can try to sell what he's doing as just being the "honorable" expectant father.  Meanwhile, his whole act at this point is a smoke screen to cover what he's really doing, which is using the baby as his built in "excuse" and "get out of jail free card" to get out of the relationship with Paige.  He thinks this act makes him look better and more honorable to his religious family than just rejecting Paige because he isn't into her, and maybe it'll get her so upset that she'll just give up and move on without him looking like the one who ended it.  Too bad most of the world isn't buying this, which makes him angry, accusing everyone of "disrespecting him".  Paige is living with the fact that she looks like a hypocrite and masochist over and over again to the fans in exchange for the money.  And besides she can sell it to her family like she hung in there to be true to her religious values or whatever she thinks she's doing that most of us see through.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

At this point Paige is doing this all for the $$$.  Chris probably gave Mercedes the Benz in exchange for appearing on TV to "support" his little charade and lie about being pregnant.   Or the show gave it to her and Chris is taking credit for it.  Paige isn't rich enough to walk away from the money and Chris is too vain and too into money to walk away either.  Then when he brought Mercedes into the show to make it all look legit (or the show asked him to bring her), she had to be recompensed.  Plus he can try to sell what he's doing as just being the "honorable" expectant father.  Meanwhile, his whole act at this point is a smoke screen to cover what he's really doing, which is using the baby as his built in "excuse" and "get out of jail free card" to get out of the relationship with Paige.  He thinks this act makes him look better and more honorable to his religious family than just rejecting Paige because he isn't into her, and maybe it'll get her so upset that she'll just give up and move on without him looking like the one who ended it.  Too bad most of the world isn't buying this, which makes him angry, accusing everyone of "disrespecting him".  Paige is living with the fact that she looks like a hypocrite and masochist over and over again to the fans in exchange for the money.  And besides she can sell it to her family like she hung in there to be true to her religious values or whatever she thinks she's doing that most of us see through.

I agree with your assessment of both of them. Unfortunately for us, the show forces people to continue even when the couple AND the viewing audience knows it's over. What's dumb about this whole situation is that even though they can't quit, the show does not require them to continue the farce of a relationship, they just have to be available to film. I have no idea why these fools are participating in this mess of a "story line". They both look stupid and horrible.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It's not enough money for Paige to just be doing it for the money. She can still get the money anyway as long as she allows them to film her she doesn't actually have to meet with the idiot. She still doesn't want to fail, she thinks God has her in this to help Chris or make Chris better.Her version of Christianity is "that God doesn't give you anything you can't handle."  Involved in a toxic Christianity mindset. And she's really desperate to be a mother and be married. I've worked late with many women who are easy to manipulate because they themselves don't consider lying.  

I don't think that Chris is doing it for the money because he can also get the money by allowing himself to be filmed without meeting with Paige.  Chris's in it because he loves manipulating people and Paige is so easy to manipulate. Presses in it because lying comes natural to him and he's so dumb he thinks that people can't see that he is lying.  And he's the kind of person, like a Trump, as long as you're talking about him he's happy. He's delusional enough to believe that somehow he's going to gain from this exposure. It's already been done so he'll see whether he can gain.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Her version of Christianity is "that God doesn't give you anything you can't handle."  Involved in a toxic Christianity mindset.

I find that phrase comforting when life feels overwhelming sometimes, but in this situation, there is nothing to "handle". This is willful stupidity.

• Love 7

Paige isn't rich enough to walk away from the money and Chris is too vain and too into money to walk away either.

I don't think it's that much money, plus Paige can leave Chris and still get paid as long as she agrees to continue to film. Chris, on the other hand, probably needs every penny he can get in his hot little hands. I think he is a walking financial house of cards and it's starting to crash down on him. That Mercedes will be repossessed soon if it isn't already and his little King or Queen (if the baby actually even exists) is going to be stuck on the bus with its mama after that.

• Love 6

Someone posted this image on Reddit saying it’s Erik when he was married to his previous wife. Looks like he’s had some work done! I wouldn’t have guessed him as the type to do that! 

B791FF7A-300A-479B-9693-FC545E7EA27C.jpeg

On 3/20/2021 at 2:15 AM, NowVoyager said:

PO$'s mom weighs in:

Screenshot_20210320-031053_YouTube.jpg.60a37ee56a82af2920b05c8d527677ae.jpg

Starting to see why he is the way he is.

There's the use of disrespectful that I've been waiting for! Chris said it a bunch in a FB post about the incident too that I saw on the MAFSfan Instagram story shortly after it aired. That whole family really likes the use of that word. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, sara416 said:

There's the use of disrespectful that I've been waiting for! Chris said it a bunch in a FB post about the incident too that I saw on the MAFSfan Instagram story shortly after it aired. That whole family really likes the use of that word. 

He needs to realize that you can not disrespect someone if they are not deserving of respect in the first place.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

A Reddit post with pics of Jake, Erik & Vinny. The boys are getting along, it seems.

Jake's cleaning up & coming into a new decade quite nicely.  😏

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarriedAtFirstSight/comments/mbl2mb/successful_relationships/

I know a lot of people have called him gross and unattractive, but I personally think he's hands down the most handsome of this season's crop. He's built a lot like Mr. Ilovepie - tall and athletic. Ryan would look better with a different hair cut, but I'm not sure what he could do about those ears.........

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I know a lot of people have called him gross and unattractive, but I personally think he's hands down the most handsome of this season's crop. He's built a lot like Mr. Ilovepie - tall and athletic. Ryan would look better with a different hair cut, but I'm not sure what he could do about those ears.........

I hadn't found him attractive, but as the season goes along (& seeing pics of him in nice clothes with a beard), I have to agree with you. I don't usually like beards but damn it suits him for sure.

Ryan has a nice face. He can't do anything about his ears but it's a quirky thing that's his. His haircut & scraggly beard, though, are choices. 😬

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sara416 said:

Well, the mom wrote distasteful but potato/pa-tah-toe.  In either event, how is a pastor doing his job, disrespectful or distasteful? Clergy don't have to call and get permission from a spouse to meet with the other spouse.  If Chris doesn't like his dirty laundry being aired, he shouldn't have gone on television.  But, excellent point, this mother has raised a real narcissistic liar.  If Chris was my son, I wouldn't be using the hyphen - I'd pretend I had no idea who he was and just be Mrs. Ray!  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I find Jake so attractive.  Give me a tall strong man who can protect me, like my hubby.  

• Love 4
On 3/24/2021 at 7:39 PM, Airy2021 said:

Someone posted this image on Reddit saying it’s Erik when he was married to his previous wife. Looks like he’s had some work done! I wouldn’t have guessed him as the type to do that! 

B791FF7A-300A-479B-9693-FC545E7EA27C.jpeg

The picture on the left is not Erik. Look at the ears. I can't place it exactly, but it's a screenshot from a TV fantasy/historical drama, possibly GoT.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, essexjan said:

The picture on the left is not Erik. Look at the ears. I can't place it exactly, but it's a screenshot from a TV fantasy/historical drama, possibly GoT.

It is Erik here he is in the same clothes and at his graduation both with his original nose. His marriage of convenience story also doesn't add up with his ex-wifes pictures. They dated from mid 2011, got engaged  mid Sep 2013 and married late Dec 2013 so it may have been a quickie wedding but they were already engaged before he graduated as an officer and got his first posting. It is also a mystery how Erik scored himself a model, IMHO she was way out of his league.

erik.thumb.jpg.88783b3b2f72d82546b77d5822a20b0d.jpg

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, crazychicken said:

It is Erik here he is in the same clothes and at his graduation both with his original nose. His marriage of convenience story also doesn't add up with his ex-wifes pictures. They dated from mid 2011, got engaged  mid Sep 2013 and married late Dec 2013 so it may have been a quickie wedding but they were already engaged before he graduated as an officer and got his first posting. It is also a mystery how Erik scored himself a model, IMHO she was way out of his league.

erik.thumb.jpg.88783b3b2f72d82546b77d5822a20b0d.jpg

She is gorgeous.

So much for Virginia being the hottest woman that he has ever slept with. I like Eric's old nose and the laid back almost grunge vibe he is giving off in that second picture.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5