Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Methinks the editing department will turn on Haley because Jake the nerd is played out....get ready for Cold and Heartless  Haley 

I hope Haley doesn't get the bitch edit, because I don't see that in her at all.  I think it's pretty simple, she's just not attracted to Jake.  It happens.  She'll probably ride it out until decision day.  And yes, she's independent but at some point, it's not at all unusual to finally want to share your life with someone, and that's what she wanted.  I just don't think it will be with Jake.

I just wanted to add that Jakes seems to be a nice guy, quirks and all.  However, he might not appeal to a lot of women.  He just needs to find the right lid for his pot, just like the rest of us.

Edited by Crashcourse
typo
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I hope Haley doesn't get the bitch edit, because I don't see that in her at all.  I think it's pretty simple, she's just not not attracted to Jake.  It happens.  She'll probably ride it out until decision day.  And yes, she's independent but at some point, it's not at all unusual to finally want to share your life with someone, and that's what she wanted.  I just don't think it will be with Jake.

Right, & that's why she's prepping him by saying she's used to doing what she wants when she wants etc...  If a guy said that to his bride on this show it would be questioned does he really like her or want to be married - same for Haley.

What I'm annoyed with right now is she's not being honest with him. And I have said the same of all the guys who have played this BS with their wives - it's no different for her.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I just wanted to add that Jakes seems to be a nice guy, quirks and all.  However, he might not appeal to a lot of women.  He just needs to find the right lid for his pot, just like the rest of us.

Just saw your edit & agree. I've also said he's into way too specific interests to be doing this. He would be difficult to match & was a bad choice for the show.

But I'll also say again that Haley was also a bad choice for the show, given she said she doesn't give people a chance.

But it's teevee, really.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Just saw your edit & agree. I've also said he's into way too specific interests to be doing this. He would be difficult to match & was a bad choice for the show.

But I'll also say again that Haley was also a bad choice for the show, given she said she doesn't give people a chance.

But it's teevee, really.

I can't fault Haley if she's just not that into him.  She gave it the ol' college try, I have to give her credit for that.  I don't know if I'd have been able to have sex with him.  Jake is an OK guy but as others have said, he's not everyone's cup of tea.  Something puts me off about him on a visceral level.  Maybe she thought that if she had sex with him her attraction would build but it turned out to be more of a turn off than anything else.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

He just needs to find the right lid for his pot

I use the "lid for every pot" expression all the time, my coworkers had never heard that expression and neither had my husband..weird, right?

I like Jake for his honest awkwardness, he does not seem to pull any punches, he might be boring but he is not mean spirited.  He concentrates on his diet and exercise a lot because for a long time it has been just him, nobody else's interest to consider.  If Haley wants to make the marriage work it will take time to bring Jacob out of his shell, some people don't have the patience to take on a human project, Jacob could be turned in a catch in time.

Say what you want about how boring and nerdy Jacob may be but I would rather be married to him than Ble$$ed the Me$$ed.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Pastor Cal from this article:

“We will not force anyone to be in a marriage when they really don’t want to be there,” he told us in 2019. “If they really feel like it’s over, it’s over. I don’t want that responsibility of forcing somebody to be in something where there are going to be emotions destroyed.”

No, they don't "force" anyone to be in such a marriage, but they certainly DO engage in coercion given the $100,000 penalty we've heard they slap on anyone that actually leaves before decision day.  What a morally despicable thing to do to someone.  How easy is it for him to use that rationale to get out of the responsibility for coercing these women to remain in situations that are mentally and emotionally destroying them.  "Oh, it was THEIR decision, not MY fault".  Asshole.  He's just as bad as any Chris, Luke or Matt.

• Love 7

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/chris-williams-refuses-to-do-mafs-unfiltered-as-long-as-jamie-otis-is-the-host/

Takes a crybaby to know a crybaby.

PO$ Chri$ wants to play the victim card but no one believes his crocodile tears, faux "attacks" or pissy tantrums...

Bring Kevin Frazier in and let PO$ sit on a panel with "the experts" and let them all explain themselves for matching the turd with Paige.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I can't fault Haley if she's just not that into him.  She gave it the ol' college try, I have to give her credit for that.  I don't know if I'd have been able to have sex with him.  Jake is an OK guy but as others have said, he's not everyone's cup of tea.  Something puts me off about him on a visceral level.  Maybe she thought that if she had sex with him her attraction would build but it turned out to be more of a turn off than anything else.

I feel the same about her. She strikes me as the spoiled rich kid no one is good enough for - she's said she shuts them all down so why come on this show & expect TV people to find someone perfect - not gonna happen for her.

Looking at it from Jake's perspective it looks like he's the one trying - they're just editing it to look like it's always all about him & I don't believe them because it's way too over the top. She's not interested & that's fine, but she needs to be honest about it at least. And it really sucks if she slept with him when she's leaning toward not liking the guy - that 'trying him/her out' business is awfully unfair & leads the other person on. I don't respect any of the ones who do that.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-experts-claim-paige-banks-given-option-to-leave-chris-williams/

Paige can opt to film away from Chris and avoid the 100K penalty....like Molly did.

Someone is lying in this situation and we need clarification. Was Paige forced to stay with Chris or face the $100,000 fine or was she given the option to leave him, as long as she allowed the show to film her separately? Enquiring minds need to know.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://madamenoire.com/1214130/mafs-chris-and-paige/

Production f*ckery indeed...

https://screenrant.com/married-first-sight-chris-williams-jamie-doug-paige/

The fetu$ is not POS' ex fiance's but another woman's....

Can't believe I'm actually defending JOtis, BUT I've never heard anything about Doug doing a pre-nup knock up of anybody. Sounds like megaPOS chris is desperate to throw the crap back at any place he thinks it might stick. Too bad the 'experts' didn't include an IQ test, or an MMPI in their supposedly 'extensive' screening....both would have provided valuable information that may have saved a potential mafs spouse or two or three or even more from matches made in hell.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

And it really sucks if she slept with him when she's leaning toward not liking the guy - that 'trying him/her out' business is awfully unfair & leads the other person on. I don't respect any of the ones who do that.

What if Jake consents to sexy time with Haley like Paige did with PO$ Chri$ and "tried it out" with her to see if attraction grew...

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

What if Jake consents to sexy time with Haley like Paige did with PO$ Chri$ and "tried it out" with her to see if attraction grew...

Same thing, but, a difference would be when one is interested in the other & the other isn't, but, has sex anyway to "try it out", therefore leading the other on.

I think in this case Haley isn't feeling it with Jake, but he seems to be interested in Haley. In the preview he seems confused about how she really feels, is asking her direct questions but she's not being upfront.

I guess we'll see.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Can't believe I'm actually defending JOtis, BUT I've never heard anything about Doug doing a pre-nup knock up of anybody. Sounds like megaPOS chris is desperate to throw the crap back at any place he thinks it might stick.

Total deflection & blame... this has nothing to do with JamieO. he's avoiding Unfiltered because he doesn't want to answer tough questions & take criticism. Narcissists equate others behavior with their own, even though it's not equal & they're the mess, they'll never face it.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I feel the same about her. She strikes me as the spoiled rich kid no one is good enough for - she's said she shuts them all down so why come on this show & expect TV people to find someone perfect - not gonna happen for her.

Looking at it from Jake's perspective it looks like he's the one trying - they're just editing it to look like it's always all about him & I don't believe them because it's way too over the top. She's not interested & that's fine, but she needs to be honest about it at least. And it really sucks if she slept with him when she's leaning toward not liking the guy - that 'trying him/her out' business is awfully unfair & leads the other person on. I don't respect any of the ones who do that.

Yeah, I'm not willing to presume that much about her.  I don't know her well enough yet.  I think she may have gone into the sex with good intentions to see if it would make her find a spark of interest in him.  There's nothing wrong with that, people do that all the time, and it's not necessarily leading anyone on.  Often women need to do that to find out if a guy really is for them or not, and in this situation they have a lot of pressure to find that out.  Or maybe she thought it would turn out much better than it did.  Who knows, maybe he gave off creepy/icky vibes in bed that she didn't feel beforehand?  Or he was a total dud, like really a turn-off dud.  I can remember being in that situation many moons ago, LOL.  It's really quite shocking and can take you off guard. 

Plus if she didn't have sex with him people would be criticizing her for that even more and saying she's "not trying".  She is not narcissist Chris who makes BS excuses about why he had sex with Paige so I'm not going to equate what she did with what he did AT ALL.  Chris was lying and serving himself only.  If Jake weren't the very specifically quirky guy he is I'd say Haley was being too hard on him, but even I'm not feeling him as more than just "a platonic friend" and I usually like IT guys.  I even like him personally but again, not for a relationship.  Some people just can't go there with that much quirk.  It doesn't necessarily make her a stuck up bitch that no one is good enough for.  If she really were that bad I doubt she would have ever gone on this show because people (especially women) like that would never take that kind of risk.  They would want to be in total control over who they choose.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Some people just can't go there with that much quirk.  It doesn't necessarily make her a stuck up bitch that no one is good enough for. 

That's not what's making her that - I said that because of her self-admitted habit of shutting down every guy right at the start gate. Yes Jake is a special interest type guy, but, it's not just Jake; she admits to having a problem with everyone.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

At least Haley is self-aware enough to recognize that she shuts down guys quickly.  Jake, on the other hand, doesn't seem to realize that his quirks don't always appeal to people.    

And the 'experts', or production, chose both & paired them together despite these issues. 🙄

43 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

At least Haley is self-aware enough to recognize that she shuts down guys quickly.  Jake, on the other hand, doesn't seem to realize that his quirks don't always appeal to people.    

I find Jake repulsive in a romantic sense but I have always found body builders repulsive. 

My friend, on the other hand, has almost exclusively dated nothing but amateur bodybuilders (they have other "real jobs" but do body building on the side). 

She also likes the 80's, so probably would be absolutely thrilled with Jake.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

That's not what's making her that - I said that because of her self-admitted habit of shutting down every guy right at the start gate. Yes Jake is a special interest type guy, but, it's not just Jake; she admits to having a problem with everyone.

I think she was keeping an open mind about him up until the sex and having sex with him was giving him the chance she might not have given him in her previous dating life.  It looks like she shut down to Jake after that.  Not knowing why, I can't really judge her for that.  I can remember being in situations with guys where that was the next natural step but it did nothing but turn me off completely.  A guy I went to college with had a big crush on me.  We were in a lot of classes together and became friendly but I really only liked him as a friend.  He just didn't do anything for me "that way".  So I thought perhaps I was being too picky and if I gave him a chance it might turn into something more on my end, but unfortunately making out with him and trying to take it further only confirmed my initial feeling.  He kissed weird and making out with him felt like dancing with someone with two left feet.  His "personal scent" was repulsive to me (even though he was very clean).  And I really wanted to give it a chance!

He and I ended up platonic friends.  He was an usher at my wedding.  I went to his wedding.  I still chat with him from time to time on Facebook, but every single time I talk to him or see what he's up to I know I made the right decision.  Now when I met my husband it was almost exactly the same - he had a crush on me, I didn't feel "that way" about him but was friendly with him through other friends.  We dated, we kissed and took things further and suddenly I knew he was "the one".  Sometimes it feels right and sometimes it doesn't.  I don't have any reason at this point to see what Haley is doing as any different.  I think if the sex felt good she might have been willing to stay open to him, and I think getting to that step actually shows that she was willing to give it at least that much of a chance.  That's probably a lot more than she used to give things.  Their energy feels all off to me, so I really can't blame her.  If I thought she was being stuck up and picky I'd say so but so far I'm not getting that impression.  I just think they're a bad match.  Nails on a blackboard, LOL.  I think the show (yet again) said, "Let's match a picky woman with a guy that's hard to match with most women and see what happens".  Yeah, really nice to do that, show.  Make her look like the problem and him feel like a loser.  Yet again.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think he knows he has quirks that not everyone loves.  His friends told him dial back the 80s references and the insider-y jokes.   A guy like him needs to show exactly who is, quirks and all if he wants to the marriage to work.  I think he knows that as well.  Haley was just a bad match for him.  

22 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Total deflection & blame... this has nothing to do with JamieO. he's avoiding Unfiltered because he doesn't want to answer tough questions & take criticism. Narcissists equate others behavior with their own, even though it's not equal & they're the mess, they'll never face it.

Does anyone the timeline for taping Unfiltered?   Based on wardrobe it appears the ones shown so far were all taped on the same day (or maybe same couple of days).  So if the episode where Jamie "insulted" Chris aired a month ago, and I'm pretty sure after decision day had occurred.  Wouldn't all of the Unfiltered episodes have already been taped?   The only way it makes sense that Chris turned down filming because of Jamie's comments was if they are still filming Unfiltered episodes now.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I think he knows he has quirks that not everyone loves.  His friends told him dial back the 80s references and the insider-y jokes.   A guy like him needs to show exactly who is, quirks and all if he wants to the marriage to work.  I think he knows that as well.  Haley was just a bad match for him.  

I missed the part where his friends told him to dial things back, so they probably won't be surprised if he and Haley don't make it.  If he's so set in his ways and determined to be quirky, then maybe he should remain single. 

I wonder how he'd react if he met a woman just as quirky as he is?  How about a vegan woman with a 60's fetish who has a stash of 45s and that's all she listens to?     

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I wonder how he'd react if he met a woman just as quirky as he is?  How about a vegan woman with a 60's fetish who has a stash of 45s and that's all she listens to?     

As long as she didn't have a problem with his steak and eggs diet  and had a big nose, I think he'd be fine with it.  LOL.   He seems fairly easy going.   A good match for him doesn't have to love what he loves, just a person who lets him be him and doesn't mind engaging in some quirky conversations.     

• Love 4
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

As long as she didn't have a problem with his steak and eggs diet  and had a big nose, I think he'd be fine with it.  LOL.   He seems fairly easy going.   A good match for him doesn't have to love what he loves, just a person who lets him be him and doesn't mind engaging in some quirky conversations.     

Yeah, like when he was discussing workouts with Haley. He said he'd try yoga & she could do some light resistance workout with him. He seems like he's open to compromise.

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I have a feeling he belches a lot.  

Well, he was getting tested for gut issues. 😂

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, After7Only said:

Does anyone the timeline for taping Unfiltered?   Based on wardrobe it appears the ones shown so far were all taped on the same day (or maybe same couple of days).  So if the episode where Jamie "insulted" Chris aired a month ago, and I'm pretty sure after decision day had occurred.  Wouldn't all of the Unfiltered episodes have already been taped?   The only way it makes sense that Chris turned down filming because of Jamie's comments was if they are still filming Unfiltered episodes now.  

More unfiltereds were filmed this weekend or last. Jamie made a post about it 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, JAndy said:

More unfiltereds were filmed this weekend or last. Jamie made a post about it 

The old granny lace dress was filmed over 2 days in mid Dec, the ones filmed this weekend will be pink pants & cream blouse so at least it will be easy to tell what ones seem to be a last minute replacement. The participants were also supposed to be filming the reunion this weekend with the experts in attendance.

Crap just had a thought if they make Jamie the host of the reunion I am going to be mad.

• Love 3
On 2/14/2021 at 8:09 PM, humbleopinion said:

https://madamenoire.com/1214130/mafs-chris-and-paige/

Production f*ckery indeed...

https://screenrant.com/married-first-sight-chris-williams-jamie-doug-paige/

The fetu$ is not POS' ex fiance's but another woman's....

Did that woman’s dad die, too? If so, I don’t see any issue. How else does one pay one’s respects when someone else experiences a death in the family, if not through unprotected sex?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Crap just had a thought if they make Jamie the host of the reunion I am going to be mad.

I won't watch if that is the case. Kevin Frazier hosted the last one and that was also during pandemic, so I hope he returns for this one. I will bet that Chris does not participate, much as Brett didn't and Luke walked out, if I remember correctly. I would LOVE to see Kevin and Chris. Jamie and anyone, not so much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I won't watch if that is the case. Kevin Frazier hosted the last one and that was also during pandemic, so I hope he returns for this one. I will bet that Chris does not participate, much as Brett didn't and Luke walked out, if I remember correctly. I would LOVE to see Kevin and Chris. Jamie and anyone, not so much.

If Jamie is the host I won’t watch either. I like her on Unfiltered but the reunion is a whole other thing. Kevin Frazier asks the GOOD questions that make the other couples get involved in the conversations. He is just better at it. Chris won’t show if Jamie is the host. Kevin will rock Chris and make him mad. I’m going to want to see it and love it!!!! (But I bet he won’t buck up at Kevin like he did at Erik even though that would entertain me bigly. He better try Jesus. Not Kevin.)

• Love 5

Po$ Chri$ said he wouldn’t do Unfiltered if JamieO was hosting...Well, Yay for the audience!

Fingers crossed it is the same for the Reunion if Kevin Frazier is not the host and JamieO has clawed her way to hosting....
The audience will be spared Po$’ fake crying, his declaring victimization, and he gets penalized 100K for not being available for filming.

7 minutes ago, scruffy73 said:

They keep saying ex but I’ve read that it is not Mercedes that is pregnant. Maybe they mean ex side piece not ex-fiancé. I hope we find out sooner than later.

Correction...probably one of many ex-sidepieces...Ble$$ed

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Why lie about who is preggers?

Saying it is his ex fiance doesn't make him less of a POS...

It only confuses poor Virginia, who in her drunken stupor cannot keep up....

I think it is better than “chick he cheated on his ex-fiancé with who might be her cousin according to the streets” but that’s just ME.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I have a couple of things to say about tonight's episode...some of which are petty as can be so please forgive me, mostly my issues, probably not shared by you all.

Did we all notice the amount of supplements or vitamins or perscription bottles were on Jake's night table? He does not pack light.

Does anyone truly know how to pack a suitcase, I watched Paige fold and unfold twenty pieces of clothing without putting them in her bag, just flipped them around on the floor, refolded them...ugh! The others seemed to cram their crap in to suitcases with no rhyme or reason, it is sending my OCDness in to overdrive. All sitting on the floor packing, does no one know what the luggage stand is for?  

Why won't any of the couples eat at the dining table in their rooms, they hunch over the coffee table trying to eat.  How did Paige and A$$hole get room service delivered with real dishes etc, but everyone else looked like they got doordash.

Me$$ed tells Erik he was worried about him staggering thru the casino drunk, I laughed at that because that is quite often the state of people in casinos in LV.  I also find it hard to believe that Virginia and Erik were late to dinner, how long does it take someone to put on a Forever 21 tube dress and put your hair up in a dirty, messy pony tail and smear on some eyeshadow?  That all could have been accomplished as a fireman style jumping in to clothes sort of thing.  Maybe production is messing with their call times? 

Virginia tells Me$$ed that no man has ever spoken to her like that in her life, um, I am calling BS on that, I am almost positive that at some point in her bar hopping, sweaty, binge drinking Saturday nights she has opened her mouth to a few people.  As for Me$$ed saying he did not like her joke about the pregnancy, I read it like this, she was late to the game and was told that Chris's ex fiance is pregnant, she took it as the ex moved on quickly so she asked by inferring if he meant that the baby was his, I would have been asking the same, maybe waited a beat to see where the conversation was going, but still it was unclear to her.  Also, sitting in the hotel room at the bar with sticky bottles of Fireball and, half empty water bottles, maybe some cans of Red Bull, etc...why oh why can't these people clean up after themselves?  The randomness and mess once again brings out my OCD and I want to reach in to the TV and clean it up for them.

Paige, your lights are on but nobody is home, we see you processing the shit that Me$$ed is telling you, you are so slow to react it is strange, please talk above a whisper and stop buying in to the BS, he has shown you who he is, believe him.

Why does Clara always look like she is chewing?  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why does Clara always look like she is chewing? 

She has jaw joint(mandibular) issues her TMJ most likely and can probably hinge and unhinge her jaw like an anaconda...lucky Ryan who may have an anaconda in his nylon shorts..wink wink, nudge nudge....

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did we all notice the amount of supplements or vitamins or perscription bottles were on Jake's night table? He does not pack light.

Could be vitamin supplements and meds for his gut problems...It looked like 10+ bottles of pills....what was missing is the gallon sized jug of "supplement" that muscled guys use to stay cut and lean...

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Virginia tells Me$$ed that no man has ever spoken to her like that in her life, um, I am calling BS on that, I am almost positive that at some point in her bar hopping, sweaty, binge drinking Saturday nights she has opened her mouth to a few people. 

My thoughts exactly. I figured just a normal week for VA. She is no shy retiring violet needing her smelling salts, that's for sure. She piped up real quick on that bus swearing like a sailor right back at him. Definitely not her first rodeo. Take a seat with your shock over being talked to like that girl!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, sitting in the hotel room at the bar with sticky bottles of Fireball and, half empty water bottles, maybe some cans of Red Bull, etc...why oh why can't these people clean up after themselves? 

VA's drunkard's table is very "Leaving Las Vegas" the movie where Nic Cage drinks himself to death with the help of enabler Elizabeth Shue cleaning up his vomit, his leaky rectum and buying the booze....

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Me$$ed tells Erik he was worried about him staggering thru the casino drunk, I laughed at that because that is quite often the state of people in casinos in LV.  I also find it hard to believe that Virginia and Erik were late to dinner, how long does it take someone to put on a Forever 21 tube dress and put your hair up in a dirty, messy pony tail and smear on some eyeshadow?

Don't forget the 10 second whore's bath she needs to "freshen up."

• LOL 5