Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, cinsays said:

ok, so what does AMA mean?

It's an "ask me anything". He barely answered anything so not sure why he bothered. He kept using the show NDA as an excuse but I saw a lot of other pretty benign questions he could've answered but didn't. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
6 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Not sure what "living large on Reddit" means, but anyone else from the show is free to be on Reddit as well as Twitter. 

Did you really not understand or are you just being snarky? This isn’t the first time you’ve given me a flippant response so I’m guessing the latter. 

1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Did you really not understand or are you just being snarky? This isn’t the first time you’ve given me a flippant response so I’m guessing the latter. 

I  don't understand what exactly you mean by "living large."  

11 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I actually enjoyed the AMA (and while I wouldn't call myself a Brett fan, I never bought into the narrative that he's a horrible guy that the show seemed to portray) 

Me too and I agree.  Plus it's what he implied that I found most interesting, like that some cast members were very different on-screen than off.  And he said his biggest regret was getting so drunk at the bachelor party that he acted like an "asshole" - his words.  I think he knows he gave the show plenty of fodder there to paint him as the asshole of the season.  Plus he even apologized for offending Henry's friends.  So I definitely think it was worthwhile.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 11/16/2020 at 12:36 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I actually enjoyed the AMA (and while I wouldn't call myself a Brett fan, I never bought into the narrative that he's a horrible guy that the show seemed to portray) 

Yeah. I commend him for talking about his mental health (he says he has a therapist).

Also, he said the reunion was filmed in LA. I assumed that it was filmed in NOLA and Brett was the only person who lived in NOLA who didn't show up in person (and I didn't even judge that, especially since I saw them all sitting close together indoors with no masks), and that the host, Bennett and Amelia didn't show up in person because they don't live in NOLA and traveling is unwise now. But they all had to go to LA? Get on a plane during COVID, when Zoom exists and the host didn't even host in person presumably because of those risks? Hell no, and I think it was really irresponsible of the show to host an in-person reunion they all had to travel to. Good for Brett and Bennett and Amelia for staying home.

He said he knew he and Olivia weren't a match halfway through the honeymoon; I suspect that was when she said she didn't want to have kids. 

And I'm sure the show has deeper pockets than he does, so I don't blame him for trying not to get sued. It sounds like he got his hand slapped before.

On 11/6/2020 at 10:17 AM, Elizzikra said:

Plus Olivia works in a hospital (Karen too, I think). Under the best of circumstances, those are pretty germy places. I wouldn't want to be exposed secondhand to anything they might have encountered.

It's particularly troubling/angering to me to see Olivia without a mask since she works directly with patients. My mother's neighbor lost a cousin to COVID because someone brought it into the cousin's nursing home.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 6

Wow, 2 large(ish) age gaps and a divorcé! Is that the first formerly married person on this show? I’ve seen every season and can’t recall another. 

There’s also a short video the show posted on Facebook. Chris says he wants a woman who’s “submissive and a freak.” I believe it was Haley who said she does what she wants when she wants. And Ryan and Clara wear blindfolds until she gets to the altar...😒

Edited by Mallori
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/27/2020 at 5:27 PM, Mallori said:

Wow, 2 large(ish) age gaps and a divorcé! Is that the first formerly married person on this show? I’ve seen every season and can’t recall another. 

There’s also a short video the show posted on Facebook. Chris says he wants a woman who’s “submissive and a freak.” I believe it was Haley who said she does what she wants when she wants. And Ryan and Clara wear blindfolds until she gets to the altar...😒

Yeah, side eye to all of this. Who knows what's real? My biggest fear is that after the delightful success of this sesaon and low key drama, they will feel like they have re-hooked everyone that was turned off by the shit show in DC and they can ramp up the drama by casting garbage couples again. I am not here for this at all.

• Love 3
On 11/30/2020 at 10:35 AM, Neurochick said:

I don't understand how these season will be with the pandemic going on.

Yeah, I don't either. How will there be bachelor/bachelorette parties and weddings? Where will they honeymoon?

• Love 3

Based on all of this news I'm not going into this new season very optimistic that I'll end up happy with the way it goes on all counts from the couples to the pandemic.  I was very close to bailing after the DC season and it was only because the NO season had some likeable people that I didn't.  And I am already PO-ed at the way the show handled "Couples Cam" in having them all traveling around and at times acting irresponsibly during the pandemic.  So I'm not very optimistic that it will get any better during a regular season....😞

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Based on all of this news I'm not going into this new season very optimistic that I'll end up happy with the way it goes on all counts from the couples to the pandemic.  I was very close to bailing after the DC season and it was only because the NO season had some likeable people that I didn't.  And I am already PO-ed at the way the show handled "Couples Cam" in having them all traveling around and at times acting irresponsibly during the pandemic.  So I'm not very optimistic that it will get any better during a regular season....😞

You might be right. I am not feeling very optimistic after seeing that preview. I just have a feeling this is going to be more DC than NO. Sigh. I really wish they could leave this show sweet. There is already 90DF and Marrying Millions and myriad other shows for train wreck watching, and there is enough drama to be mined from the situation itself without "casting" nutjobs with no intention of finding a life partner......

I am going to watch just out of curiosity, some because it's become a hard habit to break, and some because I am curious how they are doing this in the middle of a pandemic. They had to pivot mid-season in New Orleans, but this was 100% filmed in pandemic conditions, although, maybe in a less strict area (I live in California where it's never been totally open since this started and masks have been mandated in public since July). Also, It was filmed in the summer when cases were falling so things may have been relaxed. Maybe someone else can speak to how Covid was being handled in Georgia?  All this to say, I just want to see how they handled it. You might be right though. My head almost exploded after Jamie and Beth irresponsibly flew home almost definitely being Covid Positive. I don't want to see shit like that for sure.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I am going to watch just out of curiosity, some because it's become a hard habit to break, and some because I am curious how they are doing this in the middle of a pandemic. They had to pivot mid-season in New Orleans, but this was 100% filmed in pandemic conditions, although, maybe in a less strict area (I live in California where it's never been totally open since this started and masks have been mandated in public since July). Also, It was filmed in the summer when cases were falling so things may have been relaxed. Maybe someone else can speak to how Covid was being handled in Georgia?  All this to say, I just want to see how they handled it. You might be right though. My head almost exploded after Jamie and Beth irresponsibly flew home almost definitely being Covid Positive. I don't want to see shit like that for sure.

I think the show is in a lose/lose situation.

Right now COVID cases are up, hospitalizations are up.  I wonder if people will want to watch folks being irresponsible during the pandemic.  On the other hand, I don't think people will want to watch a show where everybody's wearing a mask.  

I think it would have been better if they didn't film until COVID was nearly done.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think the show is in a lose/lose situation.

Right now COVID cases are up, hospitalizations are up.  I wonder if people will want to watch folks being irresponsible during the pandemic.  On the other hand, I don't think people will want to watch a show where everybody's wearing a mask.  

I think it would have been better if they didn't film until COVID was nearly done.

Well, many shows have resumed production, including other reality shows. Maybe they are testing them regularly and having them quarantine. Perhaps it's going to be all of them living in a shared area?

• Love 2
On 12/4/2020 at 4:49 PM, Ilovepie said:

Well, many shows have resumed production, including other reality shows. Maybe they are testing them regularly and having them quarantine. Perhaps it's going to be all of them living in a shared area?

Given the way they've handled the pandemic so far, I'll believe that when I see it.  I am watching some other reality-based shows that are filming as if there is no pandemic, even going to the extent of avoiding filming anyone in the background wearing a mask.  I think one of the reasons this show is continuing to film down South is precisely because there are fewer restrictions in many areas, and they can continue filming without having to curtail themselves very much and observe certain mandatory practices.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Just read an article on soapdirt about Mindy. It said after the show was over, she moved to Mexico! What the heck is that about? I wonder if she is living with ChristinA????

why would a nice lady like Mindy ever want to live with strange ChristinA???

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Just read an article on soapdirt about Mindy. It said after the show was over, she moved to Mexico! What the heck is that about? I wonder if she is living with ChristinA????

I follow her on Instagram, and I don't think it's permanent. She is there teaching English, but I thought I read just for the next year. She had a boyfriend post-Zach and she was pretty mushy about it on IG. They went on vacation there, and then they broke up pretty quickly. Maybe she just needed a break. It looks like one of her friends lives there too.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Woody and Amani briefly met about two weeks before the wedding but it never even got as far as introducing themselves or exchanging names. They definitely noticed each other but Amani said she didn't give it much thought because she was getting married soon! Heh. They didn't remember each other, though, when they officially met at the altar and it took several hours before they realized it. That part starts at 6:45... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Woody and Amani briefly met about two weeks before the wedding but it never even got as far as introducing themselves or exchanging names. They definitely noticed each other but Amani said she didn't give it much thought because she was getting married soon! Heh. They didn't remember each other, though, when they officially met at the altar and it took several hours before they realized it. That part starts at 6:45... 

Lord, the dating pool in NOLA must be tiny. It feels like everyone casually has seen (or met on a superficial level) everyone else at a party or gathering of some sort.

This still was the best season by far...at least for me.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, qtpye said:

Lord, the dating pool in NOLA must be tiny. It feels like everyone casually has seen (or met on a superficial level) everyone else at a party or gathering of some sort.

It does! There’s a show on Netflix called Dating Around and one of the seasons is set in NOLA and that’s the same impression I got from that show. They set up one single with three different dates and they decide who they want to see a second time. One of the cast members ended up being a professor where the other woman was a student. It’s pretty entertaining and you really get out and about to see the actual city more. 
I agree, this was definitely the best season, quarantine and all. 

• Love 2

Holy crap I was half listening to Jamie's podcast on how Jon (S6 Boston) & Jessica hooked up and nearly fell off my chair when it was revealed Jackie & Jon were dating at the reunion and continued for a few months that is why they seemed so friendly on Unfiltered

From memory the reunion was filmed 3 weeks after decision day where Jackie said yes to trying with Ryan. I am shocked I know there was  a lot of chatter on how they were a better match but that is incredibly fast for both of them. Jackie went to the Ski & Snow board expo that Molly wouldn't buy tickets for.

• Useful 3
On 12/11/2020 at 11:10 PM, qtpye said:

Hands down. I still have affection for Season 1, but Woody and Amani put this one above even that one. For me, the closest thing to an actual love affair/romance this show has had. There have been other successful couples I liked, but these two gave me the feels like no other....

• Love 9
16 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Holy crap I was half listening to Jamie's podcast on how Jon (S6 Boston) & Jessica hooked up and nearly fell off my chair when it was revealed Jackie & Jon were dating at the reunion and continued for a few months that is why they seemed so friendly on Unfiltered

From memory the reunion was filmed 3 weeks after decision day where Jackie said yes to trying with Ryan. I am shocked I know there was  a lot of chatter on how they were a better match but that is incredibly fast for both of them. Jackie went to the Ski & Snow board expo that Molly wouldn't buy tickets for.

I'm confused.  Are you talking about two different Jons>

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I'm confused.  Are you talking about two different Jons>

Nope Jon  who was married to Molly and so incredibly hurt /s by her rejection and Jackie who was married to Ryan the douche firefighter were dating by the reunion. So in the of 3 weeks between decision day and the reunion taping Jackie & Ryan split (no surprise she looked miserable on the couch next to him) and Jackie & Jon started to date. They were still dating in January at the Unfiltered taping so they dated a few months. Jon made the comment that he did not use his hotel room during the taping as he stayed in Jackies and Jamie Odious said she knew as Jackie made a comment that Jon had got her a safety pin for her dress and Jamie thought why the heck would Jon be in Jackies hotel room so early in the morning unless they were hooking up and just to add to the murky timeline Jon added that it was at the Unfiltered taping that he first started to be interested in dating Dr Jessica after an awkward cab ride.

I wonder if he pursued Shawneice when Jephte and her split to finish out all the women of the Boston season (besides Pepper) /s

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Nope Jon  who was married to Molly and so incredibly hurt /s by her rejection and Jackie who was married to Ryan the douche firefighter were dating by the reunion. So in the of 3 weeks between decision day and the reunion taping Jackie & Ryan split (no surprise she looked miserable on the couch next to him) and Jackie & Jon started to date. They were still dating in January at the Unfiltered taping so they dated a few months. Jon made the comment that he did not use his hotel room during the taping as he stayed in Jackies and Jamie Odious said she knew as Jackie made a comment that Jon had got her a safety pin for her dress and Jamie thought why the heck would Jon be in Jackies hotel room so early in the morning unless they were hooking up and just to add to the murky timeline Jon added that it was at the Unfiltered taping that he first started to be interested in dating Dr Jessica after an awkward cab ride.

I wonder if he pursued Shawneice when Jephte and her split to finish out all the women of the Boston season (besides Pepper) /s

I hope Dr. Jessica feels that Jon is worth losing her sweet/easy gig on this show. I doubt if she will find anything that pays more for so little.

I think Jon/Jackie are two charismatic people that are not used to rejection.

Dumbass Ryan initially came on strong to Jackie but then tired of her quickly and refused to make her a priority in his life.

Jon was rejected by Molly from the start and this is after he sacrificed his job to be on the show. I can imagine they looked to each other for comfort but it does make Jon seem a little skeevy.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

I can imagine they looked to each other for comfort but it does make Jon seem a little skeevy.

Totally! I really liked Jon during his season, but hooking up with Jessica made me like him less, and Jessica much less. Now hearing this, I think we didn't really see the real him. I mean, just looking and listening to him, I got cocky alpha male vibes, but he seemed pretty nice on the show. And in hindsight, the show was definitely trying to make Molly the villain. Geez, this show. Who knows what's true? I'm guessing somewhere in the middle. Either way, this info regarding Jackie is not super flattering to either her or Jon......

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Totally! I really liked Jon during his season, but hooking up with Jessica made me like him less, and Jessica much less. Now hearing this, I think we didn't really see the real him. I mean, just looking and listening to him, I got cocky alpha male vibes, but he seemed pretty nice on the show. And in hindsight, the show was definitely trying to make Molly the villain. Geez, this show. Who knows what's true? I'm guessing somewhere in the middle. Either way, this info regarding Jackie is not super flattering to either her or Jon......

He is most defiantly still cocky alpha vibes, he commented that he refused to talk to Dr Jessica anymore after she upset Molly during filming (before the Florida fight) and pushed back against production because he actually read his contract. In his words he hated Jessica and never wanted to see her again and only changed his mind during the Unfiltered taping. He said he was really stubborn with production and Jessica commented that his problem is that he always has to be right. The impression I got was that she just rolls her eyes and lets it go in the relationship where Molly pushed back like the whole getting her nails done is the same as cheating argument.

I listened to the whole podcast and it just reminded my of a few red flags that were set off in my mind with him, Jessica would say watching her play with her son was what changed her mind about him and he would just overtalk her and say it was him removing his shirt, a few time she would just sigh and sort of give up trying to tell her side. The biggest one was when she was trying to explain why she could date Jon and the whole client/therapist thing and he just butted in and said since he comes from a family of lawyers  (at this point she just said here we go) he knew  it was not a privileged relationship due to it being filmed and broadcast . He said it a few times about being from a family of lawyers and I just wanted somebody to reply just because you come from a family of lawyers does not make you understand the law.

In Dr Jessica's word he was dating up and down the Mass turnpike when they first hooked up and he would send her pictures that she could not unsee (It was my interpretation they meant intimate pics that the women sent him) and he was dating a Patriots cheerleader when the hooked up.

The whole thing was weird they kept billing it as a love story where from there own telling of it Jon kept bugging for her to date him (from January) she would say no as it was inappropriate (yet now it isn't), so he tried to get her to go on a date with him that would not seem like a date (hence the 4 hour hike). He got drunk when they went to eat after the hike so she took him to her house to sober up, he played in the pool with her kids. While watching Jon throw her 3 year old in the water Jess felt a gut punch and just knew that he was her forever man as she had never felt like that before so she kissed him (they did not say they slept together that night but with what followed I suspect it did).

The next day Jess took Jon to a goat cheese farm to tell him that they could not date, no idea what was said but from that day Jon would leave work at 3pm and drive to Jess's house and then return to Boston at 4am to go to work again.

Quick timeline

17th June they first kiss

4th July Jess talks with Chris Coelen (head of Kinetic who was a close personal friend) and offers to step down he tells her to keep the relationship quiet

17th July a fan spots them kissing at an icecream shop (they deny they were kissing) and puts it on twitter

Jon wants to go public, Jess does not as she is worried about her reputation and kids. They fight about this but due to her contract she has to keep quiet this leads to resentment between her and Chris Coelen as she feels he is putting business before their friendship.

It was so quick, she goes from saying it was inappropriate for them to date to him staying overnight within a day and 3 weeks later she is willing to throw away her tv career and friendships because they are in love.

Another tidbit Jessica had a 4 year relationship with Chris Coelen's best friend (how she met him) and they were still  dating while the Boston season filmed.

• Useful 2

Man, all of the above about Jon and Jessica is a little too much for me to digest and I'm still finding the whole thing kind of sleazy.  Supposedly they're still together, though, and postponed their wedding because of Covid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

OH NO - I just read that Elizabeth and Jamie have changed their minds and are now talking about having kids!!! I think they are just ever so slightly below Jamie O on the "will do anything for a camera" scale. I am sure if they do, they will want it all on a reality show.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

OH NO - I just read that Elizabeth and Jamie have changed their minds and are now talking about having kids!!! I think they are just ever so slightly below Jamie O on the "will do anything for a camera" scale. I am sure if they do, they will want it all on a reality show.

Well, Elizabeth's "job" is an "influencer", so no doubt she will milk it......we can only hope a live birth won't be featured on any future Couples Cam episodes......featuring crystals, moon water, Dharma the dog and a lot of drama from her 😜

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 12/11/2020 at 11:10 PM, qtpye said:

Amani mentioned that she had a second job as a bartender. So it makes sense that she would have met plenty of people. 

Edited by Rae Spellman
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Elizabeth and Jamie as parents? Yikes, must want more tv time. I hope lifetime doesn’t give it to them. I have no desire to watch that cow welp. 

First, I was disgusted that they BOTH LIED ABOUT WANTING CHILDREN.

I mean what if one of them had been matched up with someone who always dreamed of starting a family?

The experts are shit when it comes to weeding out phonies or they just pick who production tells them to and the whole selection process is bullshit (this is highly likely).

Second, even though they should not have lied...they were lucky to be matched up with another liar and both seem way too self centered to have kids.

I really hope this is not a desperate way to get publicity. 

6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Well, Elizabeth's "job" is an "influencer", so no doubt she will milk it......we can only hope a live birth won't be featured on any future Couples Cam episodes......featuring crystals, moon water, Dharma the dog and a lot of drama from her 😜

I am guessing that her "influencer" career is not has profitable as had hoped. I mean the world is saturated with reality tv people at this point and MAFS is not high on the totem pole.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, qtpye said:

I am guessing that her "influencer" career is not has profitable as had hoped. I mean the world is saturated with reality tv people at this point and MAFS is not high on the totem pole.

Well, as I was scrolling IG last night, I came across Elizabeth promoting "self love" equipment........can't un-see that one.........add it to Jamie's hoo-ha and fireman Ryan's strip tease as things from this show I wish I could erase from my brain.......

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 12/17/2020 at 12:15 PM, Rae Spellman said:

Amani mentioned that she had a second job as a bartender. So it makes sense that she would have met plenty of people. 

Bennett and Amelia had already had some brief interactions and I also recall two people who worked at the same place. Was it Henry and Karen? I think it was at a school.

• Love 1
On 12/23/2020 at 1:59 PM, Scout Finch said:

Bennett and Amelia had already had some brief interactions and I also recall two people who worked at the same place. Was it Henry and Karen? I think it was at a school.

Yes. Henry and Karen worked for the same hospital. In this interview, Henry mentions that he has a twin brother who wasn't at the wedding.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1