Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

For some reason it won’t let me upload the last part. I’ll type it out:

We tell everyone that truth - that this is a high-risk endeavor, even with three trained professionals matching the couples and giving them support all along the way. But we are not relationship wizards: there will be some failures. However, we think the many life enhancing successes we have created justify the continuation of Married at First Sight. 

Sincerely,

Pepper❤️

*yes, she added the heart. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Useful 6

The story Chris tells people (from homeless to restaurantor and successful business man) is quite appealing.  I can see why the show would want him as a participant.  However, his story seems to unravel the more one looks into it.  And, I understand that there have been other participants who had been in relationships a few months prior to being on the show, but an engagement should represent a deeper relationship than dating.  I accept/believe that there is vetting involved, but I just wonder who is doing the vetting and how deep it actually goes.  If it is primarily interviews, then accomplished liars will do well.

• Love 8

On 2/15/2021 at 5:06 PM, gingerandcloves said:

Mindy said on social media that she was not fined for not staying with Zach, she just had to be available for filming.

I thought Zach was the one who refused to stay with her?  

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

The story Chris tells people (from homeless to restaurantor and successful business man) is quite appealing.  I can see why the show would want him as a participant.  However, his story seems to unravel the more one looks into it.  And, I understand that there have been other participants who had been in relationships a few months prior to being on the show, but an engagement should represent a deeper relationship than dating.  I accept/believe that there is vetting involved, but I just wonder who is doing the vetting and how deep it actually goes.  If it is primarily interviews, then accomplished liars will do well.

From the article posted above:

But the experts have stated that they don’t put ratings above the well-being of their participants. Pastor Cal has spoken about being shocked when people they choose portray themselves one way in the beginning and then act differently when on camera, and did so concerning Chris this season.

Yeah the engagement a few months ago is what should be a dealbreaker for every single contestant.  And I'm not buying these experts' excuses because they had to know about that, or they should be out there calling him a liar.  I mean something like that has to be a question they ask, doesn't it?  It's more than just acting one way before and another after.  But none of the experts mention his engagement, which IMO makes them guilty.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

I thought Zach was the one who refused to stay with her?  

He refused to move in but said he wanted to keep working on the marriage; she was the one who said she was done with him and wanted a divorce before Decision Day.

I also agree that Chris's prior engagement should have disqualified him, and Pepper doesn't mention it in her post.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://starsoffline.com/erik-lake-wiki-married-at-first-sight-first-wife-height/

Believe it or not.

Erik pulls in noice coin for doing what he loves...commercial pilot.

Plus a second job as a AF Reservist....

I am not surprised. I was aware that commercial airline pilots make very good money. I know many women who would probably love a guy like Erik, at least before he becomes a sloppy drunk.

Edited by qtpye
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Yeah the engagement a few months ago is what should be a dealbreaker for every single contestant.  And I'm not buying these experts' excuses because they had to know about that, or they should be out there calling him a liar.  I mean something like that has to be a question they ask, doesn't it?  It's more than just acting one way before and another after.  But none of the experts mention his engagement, which IMO makes them guilty.

Bingo!  We have a winner!  Plus how many of us saw this Bozo from 10 miles away even before we knew about the engagement or pregnancy?  She incriminates herself by admitting that they looked at his social media - If they did they would have known about the engagement.  And BS to the lame excuse they would come up with about feeling that he was "ready" to get married even though he had only just broken the engagement a couple of months before.  Chris admitted the engagement to Paige before he dropped the baby bomb on her so why wouldn't he have told the "experts" about it?  And why leave that out of her Instagram post?  Oh, because it makes her look guilty?  These people are so FOS it's criminal.  Seriously.

Plus, it doesn't take a shrink to see that Pepper's defensive word dump is a lame and desperate attempt at trying to cover up guilt.  Which is obviously why she quickly realized how "protesting too much" would only make her look more guilty and deleted it.  Well, too late, and if the foo shits Pepper, wear it.  Too bad, we're not stupid and we're not buying it. She knows we're on to her being a shill for the producers who do the REAL picking for their own nefarious reasons.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 12

I had not watched this series from start to finish until this season, I casually watched a bit of a season years ago and there was this guy who had such disdain for his new wife that there was a horrible fight where he told her he hated her, etc...he went out the front door screaming at her, etc...really upsetting, she had long dark hair and worked with as a social worker, the groom was Nick Pendergrast, what happens if shit hits the fan and it is not safe to remain together, is there a penalty?

After a little research, Sonia Granados was the bride, it looked like a miserable exisistance and could not believe anyone would put themselves thru that crap but now I am here for the nonsense of it all.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
searched the interwebs for some info.
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I also agree that Chris's prior engagement should have disqualified him, and Pepper doesn't mention it in her post.

Dr. Pepper and friends not speaking out about the very recent engagement as part of his psychology of this show is not fair to Paige, the reasons of his broken engagement were telling (obviously he cheated on his fiance with a quickie after the funeral), and says a lot about the persons character, Paige did not have an even playing field with Me$$ed, shame on Dr. P and friends.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think property managers do a more thorough vetting process than these hacks. 

My local sandwich shop does a deeper vet to insure that I alone bought 10 hoagies to get 1 free than this basic cable teevee show....

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

I say, hire the Catfish team to do the vetting - if it's out there, they will find it!

Also, we knew who Chris was in the shots they showed during the matchmaking and before the weddings were on, so why couldn't they? He doesn't and can't hide who he is it. He is PROUD of it. And, based on his "resume" I am betting that he was actually recruited, and therefore, maybe not vetted too much. Production bought his successful entrepreneur BS and grabbed him. 

Pepper was really trying to deflect any blame, but it didn't work, for me. If they were all "fooled" that much by this buffoon, they should all resign. Also, isn't part of the "sophisticated" testing they do also supposed to show how they will react under stress for this very reason????

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

The Chris and Paige saga gets worse: there are photos of Chris currently with Mercedes in Cancun, celebrating her birthday together. She is definitely not pregnant in the pics. Either she had a miscarriage, which would be very sad, or she was never pregnant to begin with (pure speculation). Ugh, poor Paige. Chris is the biggest loser ever. Why would Mercedes even want him back?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Mercedes is supposed to be on the show in a couple of weeks.

I'm thinking Chris is a plant -they hired him, & his GF. The pregnancy story may or may not be true (miscarriage, or it never happened). I think the show felt the audience would accept this soap opera story drama, but it's back firing a bit & they're trying to defend themselves by laying it all on Chris & how they couldn't have possibly known he'd be like this, so he's attacking back on SM in defense. Paige may or may not be in on it, whether on purpose or she found out & has to play along... no one can break their NDAs. Ratings are apparently up so the Show doesn't care that this is so distasteful. What will future seasons be like?

The whole thing has never sat right with me & I don't believe their story mess is organic at all.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Mercedes is supposed to be on the show in a couple of weeks.

I'm thinking Chris is a plant -they hired him, & his GF. The pregnancy story may or may not be true (miscarriage, or it never happened). I think the show felt the audience would accept this soap opera story drama, but it's back firing a bit & they're trying to defend themselves by laying it all on Chris & how they couldn't have possibly known he'd be like this, so he's attacking back on SM in defense. Paige may or may not be in on it, whether on purpose or she found out & has to play along... no one can break their NDAs. Ratings are apparently up so the Show doesn't care that this is so distasteful. What will future seasons be like?

The whole thing has never sat right with me & I don't believe their story mess is organic at all.

I can see why you feel that way.  I  got suspicious for a seemingly unrelated reason - When I heard that Erik was divorced I felt like in this season they were consciously trying to branch out in terms of picking people with previous situations that could potentially cause an issue in a new marriage.  That and picking people with significant age differences.  It's like every season they look for a new "curve ball" to throw at these people.  Then when this all came out with Chris I was even more suspicious because it looked to me like they picked him precisely because he still had "past baggage" (or present baggage) that would interfere with this marriage.  I'm not sure I want to go as far as you do with the conspiracy to think that Paige might be in on it, but I do understand why you feel that way.

• Love 4

Even if Paige was not told ahead of time about the possible baby, as soon as she was told on the honeymoon, we should have seen some of those discussions. They seem to be much freer now in showing discussions with production, so there should have been a scene with production, the experts, and Paige giving her all of her options. If we actually saw that and saw that she chose to stay, then it's on her. (Although those scenes could also be set up and manipulated, so never mind! I don't trust anything on this show!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/18/2021 at 10:33 PM, Soup333 said:

In my opinion, Pepper shouldn’t have mentioned Jephte. He has nothing to do with this season. The point could have easily been made without throwing his name into the fray. 

True.  Jephte wasn't great, but during the show, he was nowhere near Chris's level of petty, toxic, and abusive.  IMO, the only couples even semi-close to the Chris/Paige situation are Ryan/Jessica, Luke/Kate, and maybe Matt/Amber.  Ugh...now that I think back, there were SOOOO many terrible couples (e.g, Vaughan/Monet, Neil/Sam, Sean/Davina, Nate/Sheila).

And now we know Chris/Mercedes are living it up in Cancun for her birthday.  WTF-kery?  What does any woman see in this $^itty a$shole??  My fondest hope is that Paige has been in on this terrible joke the entire time.  Otherwise, she needs some mental health help along with her (hopefully) ex-husband. 

I can't believe I've been watching this show since the first season hoping against hope that all of the couples make it through.  This is literally the definition of insanity. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, HZAnita said:
On 2/18/2021 at 10:33 PM, Soup333 said:

In my opinion, Pepper shouldn’t have mentioned Jephte. He has nothing to do with this season. The point could have easily been made without throwing his name into the fray. 

True.  Jephte wasn't great, but during the show, he was nowhere near Chris's level of petty, toxic, and abusive.  IMO, the only couples even semi-close to the Chris/Paige situation are Ryan/Jessica, Luke/Kate, and maybe Matt/Amber.  Ugh...now that I think back, there were SOOOO many terrible couples (e.g, Vaughan/Monet, Neil/Sam, Sean/Davina, Nate/Sheila).

She couldn't mention any of those other men/couples because they are divorced; nothing positive there. She could use Jephte to try to shine a better light on herself.

Did Jephte ever respond to this crap?  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't given he's on the MAFS Couples Cam payroll. Gotta keep the mouth shut to keep collecting the checks.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HZAnita said:

And now we know Chris/Mercedes are living it up in Cancun for her birthday.  WTF-kery?  What does any woman see in this $^itty a$shole??  My fondest hope is that Paige has been in on this terrible joke the entire time.  Otherwise, she needs some mental health help along with her (hopefully) ex-husband. 

I can't believe I've been watching this show since the first season hoping against hope that all of the couples make it through.  This is literally the definition of insanity. 

Looks like Big Pimpin Ble$$ed is already spending his MAFS money. He will be broke again in a couple of months. He now wants to show off on social media since we all heard about the Subway eviction (which I am sure he will blame on the Pandemic but he was not paying anything even before Covid hit). 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

She couldn't mention any of those other men/couples because they are divorced; nothing positive there. She could use Jephte to try to shine a better light on herself.

Did Jephte ever respond to this crap?  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't given he's on the MAFS Couples Cam payroll. Gotta keep the mouth shut to keep collecting the checks.

Shawniece did, on her Instagram. It was very dramatic, which is so unusual for her.  😉

I don't know, I think Pepper was trying to say that Jepthe didn't look like he was giving Shawniece a fair shake during their season, that it was a rough time for both of them, and yet, their marriage has endured and turned out to be strong, which is why she pointed to him.  I think she was trying to say that sometimes it takes a lot of work to make marriages work, I don't think she was trying to say that Jepthe was like Chris in any other respect.  But of course, the message got lost in all of the brouhaha that followed. 

I'm at a loss as to why people take all of this so seriously anyway. I remember the venom that was directed at Brett last season and also at Miles' match, Karen, and then poor Christina.  

It's teevee. 😄

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

I'm at a loss as to why people take all of this so seriously anyway. I remember the venom that was directed at Brett last season and also at Miles' match, Karen, and then poor Christina.  

It's teevee. 😄

It's TV, but it's also, unfortunately, the social media culture where people feel compelled to be vicious, judgmental, and cruel. It makes me terribly sad to see that side of people, but it is what it has been allowed to become.

• Love 1

Chris keeps referring to his "ex," but does he say "ex-fiancee?" There were other rumors that it was another woman who he got pregnant, not his trophy model, who, I agree, did not look pregnant in the pic I saw of them. But, since she is going to be on in a couple off weeks, we shall see. If she made it up to get him back, she is worse than he is!

I don't know why they say is is sad news for Paige. Anything that gets her away from him and out of this "marriage" is NOT sad.

• Love 4

I wonder if there has been a change in MAFS staff/producers/executives?  In the past, I really felt there was a serious side to things - a real effort to match people.  Thinking back to season one, it was more sweet, realistic and just interesting.  But this season (Chris, for sure, but some others) seems designed for failure, drama and obnoxious behavior worthy of disdain.  Maybe it's been happening slowly all along and I'm just noticing.  I'm actually angry at myself for watching!  It's one thing to watch an interesting social experiment . . .it's another to watch the promotion of abuse.  I am not a Christian but I am respectful of Christians and other religions. I must say all this "man of god" talk and "gods will" talk isn't doing any favors to the Christian community.  If it was my religion I would be offended to the core. I've known plenty of Christians and they don't sit in the back of vans yelling f-you (even if they are offended) at people.  They also don't support that kind of behavior with any type of tolerance.  The women I know would have walked back with their heads held high knowing they were doing the right thing. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Chris keeps referring to his "ex," but does he say "ex-fiancee?" There were other rumors that it was another woman who he got pregnant, not his trophy model, who, I agree, did not look pregnant in the pic I saw of them. But, since she is going to be on in a couple off weeks, we shall see. If she made it up to get him back, she is worse than he is!

I don't know why they say is is sad news for Paige. Anything that gets her away from him and out of this "marriage" is NOT sad.

I might go back and watch because someone posted that during his talk with Paige, Chris said something about her never asking about his baby or his fiancé. No ex. I wonder if that’s true. 

8 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I don't know, I think Pepper was trying to say that Jepthe didn't look like he was giving Shawniece a fair shake during their season, that it was a rough time for both of them, and yet, their marriage has endured and turned out to be strong, which is why she pointed to him.  I think she was trying to say that sometimes it takes a lot of work to make marriages work, I don't think she was trying to say that Jepthe was like Chris in any other respect.  But of course, the message got lost in all of the brouhaha that followed. 

She should never have dragged Jephte’s name into this. Comparing him to Chris in any way is an insult to Jephte. He’s not perfect, but Chris is another level.

I am beyond frustrated by the statements released by these idiot experts. I was frustrated before in past seasons when they would never comment on the horrible matches they made nor take ownership of them, but I gotta say, all three have annoyed me worse by the completely tone deaf responses to the Chris situation. At this point I actually think it would be better if they all had said nothing because the attitudes and excuses are infuriating.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

She should never have dragged Jephte’s name into this. Comparing him to Chris in any way is an insult to Jephte. He’s not perfect, but Chris is another level.

I am beyond frustrated by the statements released by these idiot experts. I was frustrated before in past seasons when they would never comment on the horrible matches they made nor take ownership of them, but I gotta say, all three have annoyed me worse by the completely tone deaf responses to the Chris situation. At this point I actually think it would be better if they all had said nothing because the attitudes and excuses are infuriating.

But why? Honestly, I don't mean just you ILOVEPIE, but to have the level of feeling for the experts and the participants that is floating around on these forums, social media, and elsewhere over something that is entertainment is beyond me. Maybe once upon a time this show was indeed "an experiment" to see if two people could make a real, lasting connection by being matched by "experts" but it hasn't been that way for a very long time. Maybe even since season 2. 

People say the show owes them something, owes the participants something, and they are angry they aren't getting it. Well, the only way of dealing with that, that I know of, is to not watch. Not participate. Make their viewing numbers go down. Then they lose money. And money is the only thing that this show is concerned about. Right?

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm not on IG - can you copy over her post?

EFEE44A7-B745-4A6F-90B6-9A24AC4E6D87.png

"Remember, screen shots are forever."  Even though she says she doesn't need to speak publicly, she later did a video response on IG as well. 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, cardigirl said:

But why? Honestly, I don't mean just you ILOVEPIE, but to have the level of feeling for the experts and the participants that is floating around on these forums, social media, and elsewhere over something that is entertainment is beyond me. Maybe once upon a time this show was indeed "an experiment" to see if two people could make a real, lasting connection by being matched by "experts" but it hasn't been that way for a very long time. Maybe even since season 2. 

People say the show owes them something, owes the participants something, and they are angry they aren't getting it. Well, the only way of dealing with that, that I know of, is to not watch. Not participate. Make their viewing numbers go down. Then they lose money. And money is the only thing that this show is concerned about. Right?

You are correct, of course, that it's just entertainment. And it definitely falls into guilty pleasure. But I think that this show in particular gets to me because, as they like to remind us constantly, these are "legally binding marriages". This raises the stakes to something more real than just, say, an engagement like The Bachelor (and yes, I know people have gotten married on that show, but only after making an informed decision). Plus, they are selling these people on the fact that these are "legally binding marriages". I think that really messes with some of these participants that go into this really desiring to get married (like Paige) and we watch them trying to make it work even when it's obvious it's not going to happen. The experts say that they would not encourage the people to stay in unsafe environments, but I have no doubt the producers have zero problems talking people into staying that would be better off leaving. That is what makes me furious. I don't believe for one minute that this isn't happening. They are playing good guy/bag guy with the bad guy half hiding behind the camera and not taking responsibility for what's happening, and the good guy half offering excuses and weak justifications for casting completely inappropriate people who have zero business being on this show.

This show is often frustrating to watch, so of course people come here and use this as an outlet for venting that frustration - that's the entire reason I joined!

I'm not going to quit watching because at the end of the day, I still love it when the experiment works and they have success. Hope springs eternal, right? 😜

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

You are correct, of course, that it's just entertainment. And it definitely falls into guilty pleasure. But I think that this show in particular gets to me because, as they like to remind us constantly, these are "legally binding marriages". This raises the stakes to something more real than just, say, an engagement like The Bachelor (and yes, I know people have gotten married on that show, but only after making an informed decision). Plus, they are selling these people on the fact that these are "legally binding marriages". I think that really messes with some of these participants that go into this really desiring to get married (like Paige) and we watch them trying to make it work even when it's obvious it's not going to happen. The experts say that they would not encourage the people to stay in unsafe environments, but I have no doubt the producers have zero problems talking people into staying that would be better off leaving. That is what makes me furious. I don't believe for one minute that this isn't happening. They are playing good guy/bag guy with the bad guy half hiding behind the camera and not taking responsibility for what's happening, and the good guy half offering excuses and weak justifications for casting completely inappropriate people who have zero business being on this show.

This show is often frustrating to watch, so of course people come here and use this as an outlet for venting that frustration - that's the entire reason I joined!

I'm not going to quit watching because at the end of the day, I still love it when the experiment works and they have success. Hope springs eternal, right? 😜

And I think it's all pretty carefully scripted out.  Call me cynical, but I find very little of it real, even and maybe especially Woody and Amani.  Ha ha. I think the smartest thing that Amelia and Bennett ever did was to retreat off of social media, or at least, not be promoting themselves as much as the others. 

I used to watch and defend what the experts were suggesting about problems each couple faced and how they could address it to make their relationship work. It's all relationship advice many people are aware of from years of other television shows or even being in relationships themselves. But over the last several years, the show has devolved into something else. Sure, there are couples that came out of the shows, that are still together. Are they real?  Who's to say? Some of them I like and some I don't care to watch, but none of them care about me and my feelings except to make me want to keep watching their content. And they are not a part of my life so ... I'm not really going to spend more time on them.

I stopped watching the show, particularly during the DC season, because of Mindy and her situation. (I didn't care for either of them.) I just didn't want to watch. And then I got hooked into last season trying to defend poor ol' Brett who clearly was the scapegoat for the season. 

I'm back to not really watching this one.  Erik and Virginia are a little entertaining because HOLY COW that girl is crazy, but again, I'm sure she's there to fulfill a role.

I understand what you're saying ILOVEPIE. The experts say they are experts, and that they really try to find matches. The participants say they really are trying to find marriage when nothing else works. But ARE THEY THOUGH?  You feel like they are making a promise to the audience and then not keeping that promise. Like I said, the only way to change how the show is working is to lower their ratings. 

Thanks for the discussion!  I've enjoyed it! 🙂 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I stopped watching the show, particularly during the DC season, because of Mindy and her situation. (I didn't care for either of them.) I just didn't want to watch. And then I got hooked into last season trying to defend poor ol' Brett who clearly was the scapegoat for the season. 

I too quit DC. I couldn't stand any of those people except Austin and Jessica, and they were so boring it wasn't worth sticking around for just them. I thought I was done for good after that but then I saw the promo picture of Amelia and Bennett and I couldn't not look! I am glad I did because last season was great.

I do think the couples that make it are real - if not, starting families with their fake spouse is taking it a little too far, no? That being said, I also think a lot of them use their limited fame to cash in on their success by launching a social media career. And I do follow many of them on social media, so I guess it works? This is also why I never understand the people that go on this show and act like a total ass - the only ones who garner any fame and whatever they can get from the show are the successful couples......

I too spent a lot of time defending Brett. It's all in fun. Maybe my language here is a little bit hyperbolic because I really don't get off this forum and spend the rest of my time thinking about this dumb show. I do enjoy engaging with everyone here though, especially during this pandemic, which, what else do I have to do in my free time? ;-0

Edited by Ilovepie
  • Love 6
On 2/21/2021 at 7:54 PM, Devvie said:

I wonder if there has been a change in MAFS staff/producers/executives?  In the past, I really felt there was a serious side to things - a real effort to match people.  Thinking back to season one, it was more sweet, realistic and just interesting.  But this season (Chris, for sure, but some others) seems designed for failure, drama and obnoxious behavior worthy of disdain.  Maybe it's been happening slowly all along and I'm just noticing. 

I noticed a change when the show added the fourth couple. That’s also when they started providing housing for them, which eventually turned into the weird dorm-style situations they live in now. I wonder if production hopes for some inter-couple affairs to make things interesting like they have on MAFS Australia?

• Useful 3
On 2/21/2021 at 7:54 PM, Devvie said:

I wonder if there has been a change in MAFS staff/producers/executives?  In the past, I really felt there was a serious side to things - a real effort to match people.  Thinking back to season one, it was more sweet, realistic and just interesting.  But this season (Chris, for sure, but some others) seems designed for failure, drama and obnoxious behavior worthy of disdain.  Maybe it's been happening slowly all along and I'm just noticing.  I'm actually angry at myself for watching!  It's one thing to watch an interesting social experiment . . .it's another to watch the promotion of abuse.  I am not a Christian but I am respectful of Christians and other religions. I must say all this "man of god" talk and "gods will" talk isn't doing any favors to the Christian community.  If it was my religion I would be offended to the core. I've known plenty of Christians and they don't sit in the back of vans yelling f-you (even if they are offended) at people.  They also don't support that kind of behavior with any type of tolerance.  The women I know would have walked back with their heads held high knowing they were doing the right thing. 

I've found that season one of any reality show is usually the most authentic, then it's a slow downhill ride from there.  But let's not forget that Season 2 of MAFS was such a complete and total disaster that you never see or hear from any of the cast since none of the 3 couples worked out and due to restraining orders and lawsuits it's never even featured in clips when the show goes over past seasons.  So Season 2 was arguably THE worst season ever and that was very early on.

I've noticed that there are always one or two relationships that seem like a sure bet to work out, such as Jessica/Austin, Bennett/Amelia, Bobby/Danielle, Ashely/Anthony and some other couples from "Couples Cam".  There are also usually one or two that look purposely designed to be train wrecks or like one of them was deliberately given a match that was a "booby prize", such as Mindy/Zach, Luke/Kate, and Amber/Matt.  Then there are others that look like they are a little unlikely that work out, like Jamie/Elizabeth or Woody/Amani, or Steph/AJ, and then others that seem promising on paper at first but quickly go south, like Dave/Amber, Danielle/Cody, Jasmine/Will, and Nick/Sonia (even though I believe they stayed married at decision day, it quickly went south), etc.  I think the ones that looked unlikely that worked were probably risky matches but somehow lasted despite everything, and the ones that seemed promising but didn't work out were intended to work out and looked good on paper but there was no chemistry in person.  The other matches look like they were all purposely intended to be either the prize packages or the booby prizes.  Some of those booby prizes (like we are seeing with Chris this season) should have been spotted a mile away by the "experts", so we know there's something deliberate going on here.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

Speaking only for my lonesome...What keeps me coming back are the dumpsters fires is the cast.

Even in the stinker Season 2, Davina’s subtle nostril flares spoke volumes.
Uptown girl knew by the sleigh ride with Sean that he bowled for the other team.

Season 3, Sam with her candle melts, sugar gliders, meanie volleyball...the jokes wrote themselves.

Season 12 is poised to fly off a cliff but aren’t we waiting for Paige to wake up from her Zombie state and unload on PO$?

Want to see Vincent pin PO$’ arms back so she can kick him in the family jewels....

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

I just hope that this means they can stop pretending and be done. Paige can show up for group things, but if she even thinks that she will live  with him, they need to have her committed to a long-term facility. Hold on to that anger, Paige, and DO NOT let Pastor Cal stop you!  (I know, I know, it's already been filmed months ago!)

• Love 5

Chris is a user and abuse and abuser.   He used her sexually and that is abuse.  He is despicable.... Now whispering that he's falling in love with her. Paige needs to run.... fast!

1 hour ago, GettingGray said:

Paige is sure a "potty" mouth in this clip for being a religious person.

Being religious does not preclude you from saying nasty words. Also she is in stress because he is yanking her one way and then another. And she now knows he used her sexually.   She needs to cut him out of her life immediately. Otherwise he will continue to use and abuse her. BTW the abuse comes from the fact that he would sleep with her repeatedly when he knows he's not connected and he loves the ex.  He has even insulted her a few times.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 8