Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Bella

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

Recommended Posts

Honeymoon in....Las Vegas...how disappointing but where else can you go to?

Will Erik fly himself and Virginia to Lost Wages...sorry, no beverage service, Lush, bring a flask....

Wonder if MAFS booked an entire hotel for filming...plenty of Covid shut down hotels to house the talent and production....

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Honeymoon in....Las Vegas...how disappointing but where else can you go to?

Will Erik fly himself and Virginia to Lost Wages...sorry, no beverage service, Lush, bring a flask....

Wonder if MAFS booked an entire hotel for filming...plenty of Covid shut down hotels to house the talent and production....

Las Vegas? In a pandemic? This is ridiculous 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Las Vegas? In a pandemic? This is ridiculous 

Las Vegas has been open for a while.

https://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas-smart/  

There's information available about the COVID compliance officers on staff for the filming of this season online. It would help, though, if the show had a disclosure at the beginning of the show, as people take what they see on screen as what actually happened.  😉 

Edited by cardigirl
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Las Vegas has been open for a while.

https://www.visitlasvegas.com/vegas-smart/  

There's information available about the COVID compliance officers on staff for the filming of this season online. It would help, though, if the show had a disclosure at the beginning of the show, as people take what they see on screen as what actually happened.  😉 

Thanks! ( Please don’t tell my friends who want to go for a weekend!)

I still wouldn’t risk it but I also think LV is too crowded and germy on the regular.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/9/2021 at 11:08 AM, humbleopinion said:

Christopher Williams II was recruited and he wants the fame that comes from MAFS....

Googling Brings up several ATL articles on him.

He calls himself a restauranteur...he owns a Subway franchise.🙄

Thinking he doesn’t open his wallet for those thousand of restaurant meals...he must trade free comp meals (thinking value meals)with other restaurateurs when they come in for their “foot longs.”

He wants to give you the impression they are fine dining experiences.....

His finance management school was a pay school not an accredited college plus he didn’t finish that Phoenix DeVry type of school and left without his completion certificate with a shiny gold foil shield sticker on it.
He takes advantage of people’s perception he is more affluent and living high on the hog by not correcting with the plain truth....

Dude lived out of his car for 4 months ( I bet it was more like 9 months to a year) When he first got to south Florida to work at a car dealership and did his toilet and shower out of a Planet Fitness.
Hope Paige calls out his fakey fake facades and exposes the real Chris......

 

 How do you know this? And how do you know this is all true? 

Share this post


Link to post

MAFSFan posted the couples who are staying together as of Decision Day. Look away if you don't want to be spoiled:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Staying together: Briana and Vincent; Clara and Ryan; Virginia and Erik

Divorcing: Paige and Chris (thank God); Haley and Jacob (no surprise)

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

MAFSFan posted the couples who are staying together as of Decision Day. Look away if you don't want to be spoiled:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Staying together: Briana and Vincent; Clara and Ryan; Virginia and Erik

Divorcing: Paige and Chris (thank God); Haley and Jacob (no surprise)

I gotta say I am shocked about Erik and Virginia. Maybe she reins in the drinking? Or they might be ones that say yes on decision day and are split by the reunion? Either way, that's pretty good considering before the season started I thought it looked like a train wreck. That's the same success rate as last season which was my favorite!

Edited by Ilovepie · Reason: Spelling
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I gotta say I am shocked about Erik and Virginia. Maybe she reins in the drinking? Or they might be ones that say yes on decision day and are split by the reunion? Either way, that's pretty good considering before the season started I thought it looked like a train wreck. That's the same success rate as last season which was my favorite!

I am a little, too. I had pretty strong gut feelings about the other four couples, which turned out to be right, and I figured Erik and Virginia could go either way. Maybe he reaaaallly didn't want to be twice divorced 🙂 Anyway, there is a spoiler photo of them together at a family dinner just recently, so it looks like they are still together.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I gotta say I am shocked about Erik and Virginia. Maybe she reins in the drinking? Or they might be ones that say yes on decision day and are split by the reunion? Either way, that's pretty good considering before the season started I thought it looked like a train wreck. That's the same success rate as last season which was my favorite!

A lot men are just very enamored of younger women. If Virginia was closer to Eric’s age, he would probably be disgusted by her party girl ways but probably thinks it’s cute and youthful on Virginia.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

A lot men are just very enamored of younger women. If Virginia was closer to Eric’s age, he would probably be disgusted by her party girl ways but probably thinks it’s cute and youthful on Virginia.

Also - when I was her age I was kind of a drunk party girl too but I would have rather been married to a nice guy - maybe she finds out that nice dinners in are a better deal than drinking til you puke every weekend!  I'm kind of disappointed about Haley and Jacob - I feel like all of the women in her life are a little too amused by her "always a bridesmaid" status and I wanted to shut them up!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, princelina said:

Also - when I was her age I was kind of a drunk party girl too but I would have rather been married to a nice guy - maybe she finds out that nice dinners in are a better deal than drinking til you puke every weekend!  I'm kind of disappointed about Haley and Jacob - I feel like all of the women in her life are a little too amused by her "always a bridesmaid" status and I wanted to shut them up!

I partied too In my early/mid 20s. Like every weekend and sometimes Thursday nights were my thing 😂. Then I met my now husband, who totally wasn’t into partying, and I slowly dropped my partying ways. When we do go out, he’s the DD. It works. We’ve been married for 7 years now. 

so I see ourselves a little in Erik & Virginia. I may be in the minority but I think they’re cute together. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Just like we cheered Nancy, the bridesmaid that pushed back on Chris’ trophy wife nonsense, Erik will step up and push back as Chris continues to run his mouth make an absolute Jackass of himself and demean Paige.

In the preview, Vincent holds Chris back as he charges Erik but anyone else wants Erik to be unleashed and beat the snot out of Chris to shut him up?

Virginia in her drunken stupor is giddy about Erik who is clearly smitten with his kissy face wife....

The Lakes are now my official favorite couple of all MAFSers.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

MAFSFan posted the couples who are staying together as of Decision Day. Look away if you don't want to be spoiled:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Staying together: Briana and Vincent; Clara and Ryan; Virginia and Erik

Divorcing: Paige and Chris (thank God); Haley and Jacob (no surprise)

Yes!  I only missed one in my predictions (at least to decision day)!  I had a horrible feeling that Paige was going to try to stick it out because of her faith.  So happy I was wrong on that one!  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Just like we cheered Nancy, the bridesmaid that pushed back on Chris’ trophy wife nonsense, Erik will step up and push back as Chris continues to run his mouth make an absolute Jackass of himself and demean Paige.

In the preview, Vincent holds Chris back as he charges Erik but anyone else wants Erik to be unleashed and beat the snot out of Chris to shut him up?

Virginia in her drunken stupor is giddy about Erik who is clearly smitten with his kissy face wife....

The Lakes are now my official favorite couple of all MAFSers.

I bet Erik's dealt with a thousand Chris-Luke-Matt-types in his military career.  He's having none of it.  And, yes, Virginia seems to like that take-charge side of him judging by her expressions in the previews.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Just like we cheered Nancy, the bridesmaid that pushed back on Chris’ trophy wife nonsense, Erik will step up and push back as Chris continues to run his mouth make an absolute Jackass of himself and demean Paige.

In the preview, Vincent holds Chris back as he charges Erik but anyone else wants Erik to be unleashed and beat the snot out of Chris to shut him up?

Virginia in her drunken stupor is giddy about Erik who is clearly smitten with his kissy face wife....

The Lakes are now my official favorite couple of all MAFSers.

I do not condone violence but I sort of wanted to help Eric stomp Chris down. I really hope Paige is okay after this whole fiasco.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

Yes!  I only missed one in my predictions (at least to decision day)!  I had a horrible feeling that Paige was going to try to stick it out because of her faith.  So happy I was wrong on that one!  

You could be right.  Paige could say yes and Chris could say no.

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Just like we cheered Nancy, the bridesmaid that pushed back on Chris’ trophy wife nonsense, Erik will step up and push back as Chris continues to run his mouth make an absolute Jackass of himself and demean Paige.

In the preview, Vincent holds Chris back as he charges Erik but anyone else wants Erik to be unleashed and beat the snot out of Chris to shut him up?

Virginia in her drunken stupor is giddy about Erik who is clearly smitten with his kissy face wife....

The Lakes are now my official favorite couple of all MAFSers.

I'm not sure Chris is going after Paige in that outburst but is arguing with one of the other wives, possibly Clara or even Virginia, which is why Erik is charging him. 

I fear the show is trying to be more like MAFS - Austrailia, which is not my cup of tea. My sisters, however, are super excited about all the drama we are going to witness this season.  😮

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

I'm not sure Chris is going after Paige in that outburst but is arguing with one of the other wives, possibly Clara or even Virginia, which is why Erik is charging him. 

I think you may be right. The title of episode 6 is “defending your wife” so I could see Erik telling chris he’s out of line if he said something inappropriate to Virginia. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

You could be right.  Paige could say yes and Chris could say no.

I've been thinking this could be the case so I hope she's the one who pulls the plug.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I am a little, too. I had pretty strong gut feelings about the other four couples, which turned out to be right, and I figured Erik and Virginia could go either way. Maybe he reaaaallly didn't want to be twice divorced 🙂 Anyway, there is a spoiler photo of them together at a family dinner just recently, so it looks like they are still together.

I’m glad! She is pretty damaged by her parents divorce too, so maybe that also factored into her desire to not get divorced. I hope we get to see her interacting a little more with her new mother in law bc that lady did not look too happy with her new lush daughter in law at the wedding!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I hope we get to see her interacting a little more with her new mother in law bc that lady did not look too happy with her new lush daughter in law at the wedding!

Little birdie said that it was all producer editing shenannies...that Erik's parents fell in love with VA upon meeting her and think she's darling...which is a nice compliment in the South

 

45 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I've been thinking this could be the case so I hope she's the one who pulls the plug.

I want Paige to pull the plug and stomp on it with both feet then throw it into Chris' face....

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh.  Chris is just an awful human being.  AWFUL!  The "experts" and producers of this show are absolutely disgusting.  They didn't give a #$@! about Paige or how this was going to affect her.  They didn't bother doing any due diligence.  Don't they even do at least cursory personal/financial background checks???

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-chris-williams-allegations-co-worker-spills-tea/

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HZAnita said:

Ugh.  Chris is just an awful human being.  AWFUL!  The "experts" and producers of this show are absolutely disgusting.  They didn't give a #$@! about Paige or how this was going to affect her.  They didn't bother doing any due diligence.  Don't they even do at least cursory personal/financial background checks???

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-chris-williams-allegations-co-worker-spills-tea/

He is, and they are. Either they don't care about doing any checks to see if the person is telling the truth about who they say they are (Hi, Michael!) or they do and don't care what they find out. Pastor Cal was blathering on SM about how they don't know how the person is going to act once the cameras start rolling, and they are just as surprised as we are about Chris...hahahahaha NOT. You're telling me Chris could hide his true personality for longer than 30 seconds? And we saw plenty of bullsh!t from Chris prior to the actual wedding. They could have pulled him any time before the actual ceremony, and said, Sorry, Paige, we don't want to stick you with this guy. She might have been a little upset, but not anywhere near what she's going to be when all his baggage shows up. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2021 at 8:42 AM, HZAnita said:

I wonder if he will still call himself a "restauranteur" by the end of filming....

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-chris-williams-subway-closed-but-he-started-3-more-companies/

Good thing he married an accountant that can potentially handle his "success." 

ETA: I realize that Covid-19 and the ensuing restrictions caused many, many previously successful restaurants and businesses to fail.  However, with Chris, I get that wonderful, fuzzy feeling of schadenfreude.  Sorry not sorry.

So did Chris’ Subway close before or after decision day?

When did ex call with the pregnancy news? I saw a pic of her on her FB page from September and she didn’t look pregnant? And yes, she is stunning. Some folks on FB have accused Chris of being color struck and not liking Paige bc she is dark skinned. Mercedes is lighter than both Chris and Paige but I wouldn’t call her light skinned. But he probably considered her “Trophy Wife” gorgeous.

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

So did Chris’ Subway close before or after decision day?

When did ex call with the pregnancy news? I saw a pic of her on her FB page from September and she didn’t look pregnant? And yes, she is stunning. Some folks on FB have accused Chris of being color struck and not liking Paige bc she is dark skinned. Mercedes is lighter than both Chris and Paige but I wouldn’t call her light skinned. But he probably considered her “Trophy Wife” gorgeous.

Thanks for sending me on the hunt for Mercedes. lol  She is really pretty, but I don't think she is any prettier than Paige, who I think is beautiful.  Anyway, I watched their engagement video and they both seemed really happy.  I wonder if lecher-in-law gave Mercedes the same "words of wisdom" he gave to Paige.  I also wonder if Paige is just a rebound or a "so there!" from Chris to Mercedes. 

Both Paige/Chris and Jacob/Haley are going to be PAINFUL to watch.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Chris told Paige he & his ex broke up because- "She didn't trust me, & I didn't trust her."  Trust issue tends to mean infidelity of some sort, so maybe Chris is a cheater. He's not come off as a stellar guy so it's not too difficult to think he would. It's a shame the ex is tied to him now with the child. I would love to know exactly when he found out about the pregnancy.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HZAnita said:

Thanks for sending me on the hunt for Mercedes. lol  She is really pretty, but I don't think she is any prettier than Paige, who I think is beautiful.  Anyway, I watched their engagement video and they both seemed really happy.  I wonder if lecher-in-law gave Mercedes the same "words of wisdom" he gave to Paige.  I also wonder if Paige is just a rebound or a "so there!" from Chris to Mercedes. 

Both Paige/Chris and Jacob/Haley are going to be PAINFUL to watch.

I went on the same trip and I agree. Mercedes is cute but I would rate her and Paige around the same level as far as looks. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2021/02/03/mafs-virginia-erik-kids/

Who cares about whether VA is ready for kids...she is overdue for a series of much needed facials....

All the booze is clogging up her pores, the blackheads are erupting on their own and she needs exfoliation with the power tools....

She can trowel makeup on like Dallas Amber but Virginia has youth on her side she can reverse the damage.

Even if she started chugging water like camel to get her parched skin supple, she needs to scrape off a decade of binge, blackout drinking that is sitting on her face.

Virginia's eggs may be pickled so a dry out period is needed before they start thinking Lake babies....

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/1/2021 at 10:49 AM, qtpye said:

I went on the same trip and I agree. Mercedes is cute but I would rate her and Paige around the same level as far as looks. 

Yes, both are gorgeous TO ME! I’m just talking about Chris’ tacky ass probably seeing Mercedes as preferable to Paige.

i can’t STAND HIM!! UGH!!!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://screenrant.com/married-first-sight-exclusive-video-haley-meets-jacob-parents/

Haley, take the bat from Olivia and start beating the crap out the experts' cars...

If Haley pulled a Heather, I would give her a standing ovation....

They say he's "kind of a loner" but the guy's got friends, so to me that's not truly "loner" (being a true loner/introvert myself I think I can judge). I think he's probably just an introvert who has a few friends but lives a quieter lifestyle. This would probably not be compatible with Haley's "very social" lifestyle, but "loner" & "introvert" are two different things. A true loner would also not go on this show, but introverts do, hoping to find someone compatible as well. Then the 'experts' (or production, whatever) pair them with someone to 'bring them out of their shell', which is not necessary & not typically going to work.  So stupid but so typical of this show.

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Who cares about whether VA is ready for kids...she is overdue for a series of much needed facials....

I don't know if it's booze damage or just her, but, VA looks much older than 26.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://screenrant.com/married-first-sight-exclusive-video-haley-meets-jacob-parents/

Haley, take the bat from Olivia and start beating the crap out the experts' cars...

If Haley pulled a Heather, I would give her a standing ovation....

That bat need to be given to Paige and the employees of Chris' closed Subway location that got screwed by his stupidity in running a business. 

3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://www.tvshowsace.com/2021/02/03/mafs-virginia-erik-kids/

Who cares about whether VA is ready for kids...she is overdue for a series of much needed facials....

All the booze is clogging up her pores, the blackheads are erupting on their own and she needs exfoliation with the power tools....

She can trowel makeup on like Dallas Amber but Virginia has youth on her side she can reverse the damage.

Even if she started chugging water like camel to get her parched skin supple, she needs to scrape off a decade of binge, blackout drinking that is sitting on her face.

Virginia's eggs may be pickled so a dry out period is needed before they start thinking Lake babies....

It is surprising how much Erik an his supposedly family love Virginia, when to me she seem like your basic low hanging fruit party girl. 

There are many awesome single women in their thirties that would love to met a guy like Erik.

Oh well, best of luck to both of them.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

Oh dear.  Even his parents are reserved and quiet.  Poor Haley.

Well, there's nothing wrong with being reserved & quiet, & editing will make everything seem more awkward than it may be. Reserved & quiet is fine but most likely not compatible with Haley. I'm also not feeling sorry for Haley, though, because she's admittedly shut everyone down at the start gate in her past, then went on this show & trusted them to put her with someone she'd actually give a chance? Um, not gonna happen, but especially not with Jake.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Confession: I don't care about any of the couples this season, but based on the previews, I'm just going to hang in there hoping that one of the other grooms gives Chris the ass-kicking he richly deserves.  

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Well, there's nothing wrong with being reserved & quiet, & editing will make everything seem more awkward than it may be. Reserved & quiet is fine but most likely not compatible with Haley. I'm also not feeling sorry for Haley, though, because she's admittedly shut everyone down at the start gate in her past, then went on this show & trusted them to put her with someone she'd actually give a chance? Um, not gonna happen, but especially not with Jake.

Good point.  I think I've even mentioned my lack of sympathy for Haley in a different post.  I think I will just save my sympathy for myself and other viewers.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, TheMediumBopper said:

I'm just going to hang in there hoping that one of the other grooms gives Chris the ass-kicking he richly deserves.  

I hope they use slo-mo when Erik delivers Chris' beat down....

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

I hope they use slo-mo when Erik delivers Chris' beat down....

If such footage exists, I will be Zaprudering it for weeks and maybe use a still of it as my screen saver.

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Jacob's parents seemed nice, just reserved.  After all, this is their first time having a real conversation with their new daughter-in-law.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

They say he's "kind of a loner" but the guy's got friends, so to me that's not truly "loner" (being a true loner/introvert myself I think I can judge). I think he's probably just an introvert who has a few friends but lives a quieter lifestyle. This would probably not be compatible with Haley's "very social" lifestyle, but "loner" & "introvert" are two different things. A true loner would also not go on this show, but introverts do, hoping to find someone compatible as well. Then the 'experts' (or production, whatever) pair them with someone to 'bring them out of their shell', which is not necessary & not typically going to work.  So stupid but so typical of this show.

I don't know if it's booze damage or just her, but, VA looks much older than 26.

Yeah, I don’t think a real “loner” would go on this show. These two are going to make each other miserable though. They’re making him out to sound like some kind of Holden Caufield here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/30/2021 at 1:36 PM, gingerandcloves said:

He is, and they are. Either they don't care about doing any checks to see if the person is telling the truth about who they say they are (Hi, Michael!) or they do and don't care what they find out. Pastor Cal was blathering on SM about how they don't know how the person is going to act once the cameras start rolling, and they are just as surprised as we are about Chris...hahahahaha NOT. You're telling me Chris could hide his true personality for longer than 30 seconds? And we saw plenty of bullsh!t from Chris prior to the actual wedding. They could have pulled him any time before the actual ceremony, and said, Sorry, Paige, we don't want to stick you with this guy. She might have been a little upset, but not anywhere near what she's going to be when all his baggage shows up. 

I don't think this has anything to do with changing his personality on camera. It was no secret he was engaged literally weeks before applying for this show and they STILL cast him even though that fact alone should have taken him out of the running. There is absolutely zero excuse the "experts" can give for casting this asshole, and they owe Paige a major apology plus a do over or an annulment or both!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Remember the talk about that Second Chances show where they were going to put people who weren't cast? I think they should put people they screwed up their matches if anyone would want to redo this - like Mindy, Meka, Paige. I am not counting Olivia because I don't think Brett was the whole problem and I think if either of them were more flexible, they could have made it work. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, qtpye said:

It is surprising how much Erik an his supposedly family love Virginia, when to me she seem like your basic low hanging fruit party girl. 

There are many awesome single women in their thirties that would love to met a guy like Erik.

Oh well, best of luck to both of them.

 

He's a "traditional, conservative" guy.  He's not looking for depth.  He probably wouldn't even recognize it.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size