Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 2/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, Soup333 said:

I present to you - Jamie Otis.

I guess I'm the only one who thought this was funny, especially the second part with Doug - kind of reminds me of the stuff Celeste Barber does. She bugs on Unfiltered, but I generally like her Instagram stuff, and she is actually pretty nice even when people write mean things. She interacts a lot with her "frans" as she calls them, always giving encouragement and kind words to people who are dealing with infertility and miscarriages.  No doubt she is a fame whore, but she seems pretty harmless to me......

Edited by Ilovepie
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I guess I'm the only one who thought this was funny, especially the second part with Doug - kind of reminds me of the stuff Celeste Barber does. She bugs on Unfiltered, but I generally like her Instagram stuff, and she is actually pretty nice even when people write mean things. She interacts a lot with her "frans" as she calls them, always giving encouragement and kind words to people who are dealing with infertility and miscarriages.  No doubt she is a fame whore, but she seems pretty harmless to me......

I didn’t understand how it was mean. I did nothing but repost her post. I didn’t even share my opinion although I will now. I think Jamie is basically harmless but she chooses to share things that make me cringe. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I didn’t understand how it was mean. I did nothing but repost her post. I didn’t even share my opinion although I will now. I think Jamie is basically harmless but she chooses to share things that make me cringe. 

I didn’t say it was mean. I only tagged your post because it was the original link to the video, and I just thought it was funny, unlike most here.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

I didn’t say it was mean. I only tagged your post because it was the original link to the video, and I just thought it was funny, unlike most here.

Oops. My bad, Pie. I didn’t scroll up to check the name. 

• Love 3
On 2/21/2020 at 2:31 PM, essexjan said:

I bet she thinks she'll end up with the other guy, who won't want her. Then she'll regret not putting more into her relationship with Derek.

This season is hands down the worst yet (and I’ve seen them all). Every couple is a dumpster fire — yes, Bossy, passive aggressive Jess and milquetoast Austin too —- and we are barely past the honeymoon.  From spoilers we know that four of the five are broken up by the reunion show, three never came close to “consummating”, and at least one contestant is claiming he was defrauded by the show producers, who promised that “experts” would match him with someone compatible, but in reality the matches are made deliberately to create drama and discord.

I think there is a lot of truth to that.  The show didn’t start that way, but there is no doubt now that most couples are being selected by production for dramatic impact and not because some “scientific” process says they should work.  

Fonzie is on his water skis and the shark is in the rear view...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 2/6/2020 at 6:12 PM, Soup333 said:

It’s private now. 

One of Brandon’s groomsmen posted this on fb in the MAFS Uncensored group. I honestly can’t wait to see what they have but I think this is damage control for their friend. 

FA07B9E7-CFAA-4904-B575-0AF68A81D2C1.jpeg

On 2/6/2020 at 7:49 PM, Koalagirl said:

Police reports?  Was she harboring a fugitive, maybe Mia?  Lol

Brandon and his boys better have receipts. If not, Taylor should slap them with a libel suit.

Side note: I thought I saw a spoiler/tea report somewhere that claimed that Brandon had snuck off to meet a Tinder date on the night of the wedding. So, Brandon better not start. 

On 2/7/2020 at 3:09 PM, Ohwell said:

I ain't jealous of Taylor at all for being pretty.  I don't care what she looks like.  She just comes off as vapid Instagram bot.  

Brandon doesn't come off as all that deep either.

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

Brandon and his boys better have receipts. If not, Taylor should slap them with a libel suit.

Side note: I thought I saw a spoiler/tea report somewhere that claimed that Brandon had snuck off to meet a Tinder date on the night of the wedding. So, Brandon better not start. 

Brandon doesn't come off as all that deep either.

Yeah, if they don't have receipts then Brandon is the biggest asshole that has ever come on the show. I always feel like he is simmering with hatred for his bride and that makes me uneasy. I guess we have to just wait and see.

• Love 8

I don't really have a problem if someone like Taylor is on the show to promote herself or any business at all.  Any more with reality shows that's a given.  What I have a real hard time is the seething contempt of someone like Brandon, or the dismissive attitude of Zack.  Go ahead and promote yourself or whatever else reason you came on the show, but at least BE NICE!!!

• Love 11
On 2/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, essexjan said:

I bet she thinks she'll end up with the other guy, who won't want her. Then she'll regret not putting more into her relationship with Derek.

I feel sorry for Katie, yet not sorry... Katie reminds me of a friend of mine whose expectations of her future 'husband' were so unrealistic she found herself putting all her effort into marrying an uhm... questionable man when she realized that her prince wasn't on the horizon at 46. Don't get me wrong, her husband is fine but does not even come close to the fellows she rebuffed in her 20s. As I always reminded her, you need to reflect whatever it is you are looking for in a husband. So her present husband reflects her mediocrity quite well.

• Love 7
On 2/7/2020 at 2:01 PM, Soup333 said:

I don't read Taylor as vapid or flighty. I absolutely don't believe her when she's telling the camera how great it is to be with her husband and her happy voice doesn't match her eyes.

Great post! I also wonder if Taylor is sticking with all these 'positive' comments because she truly believes in the process? She doesn't want to look the fool if six months down the road Brandon turns out to be the 'gem' the matchmakers implied him to be? Either way, there's no reason for either of them to have a foul attitude because there's nothing lost (and everything to gain) by participating in this experiment. That's also why I feel so pi**ed at Zach's immature behaviour. It's quite effortless to be polite to one another for 8 weeks.

• Love 10

The articles on Michael and Meka, him filing an annulment....claims they never consummated, either.

In E9, when he was hemming and hawing about the lost Principal job, what exactly did he mean when he says "he can't trust her" - is there something he already knows?  Or is it that she is refusing the bedroom romps and so that is an obvious point of nontrust?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

In E9, when he was hemming and hawing about the lost Principal job, what exactly did he mean when he says "he can't trust her" - is there something he already knows?  Or is it that she is refusing the bedroom romps and so that is an obvious point of nontrust?

Maybe but Meka seems a little too straight-laced and strident to me. My guess was that he sees it as a breach of trust her bringing up on camera things he said off camera.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Michael isn't okay with Meka telling the world he's a liar. I'm okay with it though.

Brandon lost it on the honeymoon because he found out Taylor was fake. He was probably given the gag order so screwed himself with a meltdown. He's handling it better now, but he'll always be the guy who told everyone to fuck off.

Taylor's a big fake with a bad attitude. She knows this is just a *gig* for her & has the nerve to give off attitude for being called out.  She can fuck off. 🤭😏

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 22
On 2/27/2020 at 11:51 AM, MajorNelson said:

The articles on Michael and Meka, him filing an annulment....claims they never consummated, either.

I’m thinking he lost the principal job because they learned he was on this show.  Wasn’t it a Catholic school?  I’d imagine they’d not want to be associated with a reality show, especially one that has being “Married at First Sight” as its premise. I became frustrated with Meka’s insistence that he explain exactly what happened while on camera.  It seemed clear to me that he didn’t want to disclose the details while being filmed, though I very well could be mistaken about the reason.  I felt that she should back off until they could have that conversation in private.

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Mlle. Kitty said:

I’m thinking he lost the principal job because they learned he was on this show.  Wasn’t it a Catholic school?  I’d imagine they’d not want to be associated with a reality show, especially one that has being “Married at First Sight” as its premise. I became frustrated with Meka’s insistence that he explain exactly what happened while on camera.  It seemed clear to me that he didn’t want to disclose the details while being filmed, though I very well could be mistaken about the reason.  I felt that she should back off until they could have that conversation in private.

Not buying for one second that he was offered principal job. You need a lot of administrative experience in education to be a principal and he has nothing. His Link'd In profile said he began a job as an adjunct professor at some school in October 2019. None of his past jobs gave any indication that he is qualified to be a principal or administrator in education. I just went to check again and the Link'd in page has been removed. It says I visited it last month. Unfortunately, there is no cached version. 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Mlle. Kitty said:

I’d thin a Catholic school would see “married” and be fine with it, as long as it wasn’t a same sex marriage 🙂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I’d thin a Catholic school would see “married” and be fine with it, as long as it wasn’t a same sex marriage 🙂

Maybe they know that these are LEGAL marriages and if the couples don't stay married they have to get a DIVORCE!!!!  If they're familiar with this show's track record . . . 😄 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Apparently, Michael gave a TedX talk with some other people in 2016. Here is his blurb from that event:
Michael Watson
Founder of The Watson Foundation & the Watson Institute
Michael Watson is the Founder of The Watson Foundation & the Watson Institute. Over the past two years he has been working with students with learning disabilities in the Arkansas Delta. Born in our nation’s capital, Michael has dedicated his life to public service and has work on Capitol Hill in numerous roles most recently as a fellow with the Senate Special Committee on aging dealing with Jamaican Phone and Publishing Clearing House Scams. His work with students at the Arkansas Student Leadership Initiative Summit, Lead to the creation of the Education app 15% solutions which is aimed to help High Students with learning disabilities by receiving free tutoring services and creating lessons plans based off their individual disability. Michael is also a Bringing the Lessons Home Ambassador for the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and a proud member of the UDC alumni association.

I can appreciate his work with disabled students, but he majored in political science and public service. He worked with students with ADHD through a program in Little Rock. Nowhere does it say he was ever a "teacher" and with no degree in education, his "principal" job title seems even more made up. According to an online search, as of January he is the "site coordinator" for some educational type of website. The problem is, the home page and many of the pages on the site are broken. 

There is a video on YouTube in which he's interviewed before the TedX talk. In the interview, he says that he got interested in students with disabilities because he discovered in graduate school that he is both dyslexic and suffers from ADHD. 

There is also an interview with him on a website called Sheen Magazine from January in which he is quoted saying that was he recruited for the show.

• Useful 11
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

In the interview, he says that he got interested in students with disabilities because he discovered in graduate school that he is both dyslexic and suffers from ADHD. 

More lies or actual truth? It's hard to tell.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

LOL - if that blurb about Michael was copied verbatim, he needed a copy editor - Lead to the creation of the Education app 15% solutions which is aimed to help High Students with learning disabilities by receiving free tutoring services and creating lessons plans based off their individual disability. Michael is also a Bringing the Lessons Home Ambassador for the

I hope he meant he works with HIGH SCHOOL students, but who knows? That could be a whole different game. Also, I hope the person who prepares the lesson plans based ON the students' individual disabilities doesn't write them for grammar lessons. And there was abundant weird capitalization and punctuation. That alone makes me doubt his educational expertise.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
On 2/28/2020 at 1:09 PM, gonecrackers said:

Taylor's a big fake with a bad attitude. She knows this is just a *gig* for her & has the nerve to give off attitude for being called out.  She can fuck off. 🤭😏

Agree completely.  That video she posted was outrageous, and if my spouse had posted something like that - even if said spouse was a MAFS spouse - I’d be out, too. I had a fever and was dozing off and on during this episode; did she say that she posted it as a joke, that she was trying to be funny, and that it had nothing to do with Brandon?  Or did I dream that? 

• Love 8
(edited)

SPED friend of mine said for PS Michael would have to have a Masters in Administrative Ed, & have worked as an assistant principal, first. Private schools, (he mentioned it was Catholic?), she said, can do whatever they want.

I still doubt he was offered anything.

5 minutes ago, Mlle. Kitty said:

did she say that she posted it as a joke, that she was trying to be funny, and that it had nothing to do with Brandon?  Or did I dream that? 

She was doing all kinds of half assed CYA'ing by saying it had "nothing to do with Brandon" - yeah, okay Taylor.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

LOL - if that blurb about Michael was copied verbatim, he needed a copy editor - Lead to the creation of the Education app 15% solutions which is aimed to help High Students with learning disabilities by receiving free tutoring services and creating lessons plans based off their individual disability. Michael is also a Bringing the Lessons Home Ambassador for the

I hope he meant he works with HIGH SCHOOL students, but who knows? That could be a whole different game. Also, I hope the person who prepares the lesson plans based ON the students' individual disabilities doesn't write them for grammar lessons. And there was abundant weird capitalization and punctuation. That alone makes me doubt his educational expertise.

He didn't sound much better in his YouTube interview. The interviewer made my head explode because every time she said Arkansas, she pronounced it AR Kansas.

5 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

SPED friend of mine said for PS Michael would have to have a Masters in Administrative Ed, & have worked as an assistant principal, first. Private schools, (he mentioned it was Catholic?), she said, can do whatever they want.

I still doubt he was offered anything.

She was doing all kinds of half assed CYA'ing by saying it had "nothing to do with Brandon" - yeah, okay Taylor.

Catholic and other private schools have more latitude in hiring, however, there is still a list of qualifications that one must have. I live in NY and these are the qualifications needed to lead a catholic school here:

https://catholicschoolsny.org/careers/school-leader-qualifications/

Here is part of a job posting for a principal position in DC.

Principals in the Archdiocese of Washington shall be practicing Catholics who uphold the teaching of the faith and are committed to Catholic education that is academically excellent and rooted in Gospel values. Qualified candidates for St. Mary School should be a certified catechist or demonstrate continuing progress towards attaining catechist certification in no more than three (3) years after date of hire and hold a Master's degree from an accredited institution in educational administration, curriculum development or an approved related educational field, They also will possess or be eligible for a Maryland, Virginia or District of Columbia educational administration certification and have a minimum of five (5) years of instructional experience, preferably in Catholic schools.

Michael does not seem to have any experience as a teacher, let alone everything else that's required. I would imagine that his bio blurb would have included that information if it existed.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Catholic and other private schools have more latitude in hiring, however, there is still a list of qualifications that one must have. I live in NY and these are the qualifications needed to lead a catholic school here:

By "can do anything they want", that's basically what was meant. I think Michael wants to have something to do with special ed, or ed in general, but doesn't have the qualifications. He's making it seem like he's more than he is, though, & talking a big game. I don't find it difficult to believe he's a liar in general.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7

I will put this out there. I have seen various types of schools have people in their 20s be principal. Usually small schools (not great ones). But still, its plausible. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

I will put this out there. I have seen various types of schools have people in their 20s be principal. Usually small schools (not great ones). But still, its plausible. 

Yup. Small schools that aren’t publicly funded often have a completely different set of criteria for their staff and leadership. It’s not uncommon for fundraising experience to be a chief qualification for a principal of such a school rather than an educational background.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, configdotsys said:

He didn't sound much better in his YouTube interview. The interviewer made my head explode because every time she said Arkansas, she pronounced it AR Kansas.

There is quite a history on the state's pronunciation.  I recall reading of people coming to blows over it.  The wikipedia article on the states only says at this point the matter was settled by the legislature (with details in the footnote), in 1881.  But there must be holdovers, and part of it may be from the way Kansans pronounce the Arkansas River.

This site has more info:
https://history.howstuffworks.com/history-vs-myth/why-arkansas-is-never-pronounced-ar-kansas.htm

How about the people?  Arkansans or Arkansawyers?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/1/2020 at 10:34 PM, Elizzikra said:

Yup. Small schools that aren’t publicly funded often have a completely different set of criteria for their staff and leadership. It’s not uncommon for fundraising experience to be a chief qualification for a principal of such a school rather than an educational background.

This is true for charter and other private schools but I've never seen a Catholic school that did not require extensive training and certification in catechism in addition to curriculum. Michael's mistake was including the word catholic in his lie. Had he said a small, private, charter, then no one would have blinked. I wouldn't have.

• Love 10

Michael Watson claims to be the founder of both the Watson Foundation and the Watson Institute.  Google them and find out just how bogus his claim is.  He reminds me of my ex, a pathological liar who lies and lies and lies.  Run Meka!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I shudder at what types of men they will get to come on this show. 

Maybe Grocery Store Joe from The Bachelorette?  He's no longer "engaged" now.  😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 2/29/2020 at 5:44 PM, configdotsys said:

Interview with him on a website called Sheen Magazine from January in which he is quoted saying that was he recruited for the show.

It appears to me (based upon what was revealed last episode) this poor guy has such low self esteem he will say anything about his 'experiences' if it makes others look at him as being successful. He clearly has never believed in himself, and I have always concluded that people who lie to this extreme do so because lying has met their need for "acceptance". So long as he doesn't accept himself, he will never stop lying. 

• Love 7
On 3/1/2020 at 12:08 PM, configdotsys said:

Michael does not seem to have any experience as a teacher, let alone everything else that's required. I would imagine that his bio blurb would have included that information if it existed.  

The more I hear and learn about Michael, the more embarrassed and uncomfortable I feel watching him squirm while his little brain is attempting to conjure yet another lie to cover the previous pile of lies. I just want him to come clean and excuse himself from the show. Come on, Michael, try to leave this show with at least one ounce of dignity or pride left within that shell of a body.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

Somehow, they keep finding guys are are able to scrape the bottom of the barrel even after we all agreed they could not find lower... Remember the couple with the guy who has yet to come out and his poor blonde wife who he asserted was an alcoholic which was a turn off? Then the basketball player who had a non existent family, but plenty of side chicks. And now we have Zach. I have always loved the premise of this show as it makes me think of old-school matchmaking. But it appears there's more groups of 15 mins of fame wannabes than there is of wishing for a stable marriage partner. How sad that they cannot screen for 'real' candidates. I do believe they would still attract viewers if the marriages were appearing to be successful. This series is officially sad and depressing.

• Love 13
On 3/1/2020 at 7:34 PM, Elizzikra said:

Yup. Small schools that aren’t publicly funded often have a completely different set of criteria for their staff and leadership. 

If Michael was a prime candidate, then the job posting must have listed: "having a pulse yet no soul" as the first and foremost requirement.

• LOL 8
On 1/24/2020 at 8:53 AM, gonecrackers said:

but I also wonder if they make it past decision day did they agree to some sort of arrangement, at least for a while; time will tell.

I give Mindy props for staying open and showing the world that she actually auditioned for the show because her intentions are on board. I feel there are a few men out there in the 'real world' who are hoping to meet Mindy in an off chance she will fall for them. Fingers crossed as this gal DESERVES a good mate and marriage.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, discoprincessthe2 said:

I think this show has become an offense against women in general.  Maybe it always has been but I'm just getting tired of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

I give Mindy props for staying open and showing the world that she actually auditioned for the show because her intentions are on board. I feel there are a few men out there in the 'real world' who are hoping to meet Mindy in an off chance she will fall for them. Fingers crossed as this gal DESERVES a good mate and marriage.

She's obviously had trouble so far & for whatever reason thought this show was a good idea. I can't tell (because, editing), whether she's truly desperate for Zach's attention or is actually fed up with him, as she sometimes sounds. I hope it's the latter & that she'll choose wisely with partners in the aftermath.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

I have always loved the premise of this show as it makes me think of old-school matchmaking. But it appears there's more groups of 15 mins of fame wannabes than there is of wishing for a stable marriage partner. How sad that they cannot screen for 'real' candidates. I do believe they would still attract viewers if the marriages were appearing to be successful. This series is officially sad and depressing.

I agree with all of this. The more drama filled the show has become, the less I have liked it. That has turned to hate watching, and then not watching at all. I still like to read these forums though!

What these dumbasses don't seem to realize is that the only people that can really capitalize on what little fame is to be had from this show are the ones that end up in successful matches.......coming on this show for fame or a business angle but then acting like a tool and not trying tends to earn the participant more scorn than anything else.......

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think this show has become an offense against women in general.  Maybe it always has been but I'm just getting tired of it.

They should have nixed it after Jessica from Season 2 had to get a restraining order against her husband.

• Love 2
On 2/29/2020 at 6:24 PM, LilaFowler said:

More lies or actual truth? It's hard to tell.

Very difficult to tell anything with this guy, he has a real problem looking people in the eye which is red flag for me and seems to have a really poor grasp of the English language to me too especially for a teacher. I just sense he has a lot of interpersonal issues.  I actually feel kind of sorry for him.

• Love 11
On 3/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, Chalby said:

If Michael was a prime candidate, then the job posting must have listed: "having a pulse yet no soul" as the first and foremost requirement.

Michael also qualifies with..... poor social skills, dishonest  and crappy English 

• Love 6
On 3/10/2020 at 11:31 PM, Chalby said:

Somehow, they keep finding guys are are able to scrape the bottom of the barrel even after we all agreed they could not find lower... Remember the couple with the guy who has yet to come out and his poor blonde wife who he asserted was an alcoholic which was a turn off? Then the basketball player who had a non existent family, but plenty of side chicks. And now we have Zach. I have always loved the premise of this show as it makes me think of old-school matchmaking. But it appears there's more groups of 15 mins of fame wannabes than there is of wishing for a stable marriage partner. How sad that they cannot screen for 'real' candidates. I do believe they would still attract viewers if the marriages were appearing to be successful. This series is officially sad and depressing.

It really must go back to the 'experts' and the screening process I believe they are not doing their job or they're merely looking at the potential drama for the show.  They are willing to settle for a 10%-20% success rate or whatever it actually is. 

I think nowadays it is difficult for people, especially women, around the age of 30 to find partners that are really open to committing to a marriage no matter what they look like in person or on paper.

This season IMO has three men that should never have been on the show, that's really messed up.

Edited by endure
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, endure said:

Reading this article sure confirms how much time and effort the experts spent matching Taylor and Brandon, he was a cold call and she was a last minute fill in for two potential brides who backed out last minute.....

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-spoilers-brandon-reid-uninvited-from-reunion-show/

Well this just proves what bullshit this whole show is.  And given how inappropriate the majority of these participants are this season, I don't think they spend any time whatsoever trying to vet them.

I know he was a total ass in Panama, but I gotta say it felt cathartic seeing Brandon emphatically say NO! when Pepper wanted him to reconcile. I wanted to cheer when he got up and walked out. The most truthful moment this show has had all season. It's total malarkey watching them trying to keep these assholes together when it's obvious, spoiler or no, that everyone except Austin and Jessica are finished.

• Love 13

@endure That is quite a link.  Thanks I guess.  But as to annulment, I'm not sure that's a valid reason to keep him off the reunion.  From what I've read Michael has already filed for an annulment from Meka.  Are they not going to be at the reunion also?  I bet Brandon was going to go scorched earth about the Taylor pick.

• Love 9