Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Here's a link I stumbled into this morning on google:

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-taylor-katie-meka-party-after-breakups/

I apologize if this has already been posted.

The amount of spoilers being reported in the mainstream media are out of control. 

On another note, there is a screenshot of the petition of the annulment for Meka's and Michael's marriage that indicates that it was apparently filed in Maryland.

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, essexjan said:

Jason got married the other day to Roxanne Pallett, who is seriously cray-cray. She is a UK actress who was in a soap opera, Emmerdale, for a while. Since then she's been on a number of reality shows. She was on Celebrity Big Brother a year or so ago and her behaviour was beyond appalling. There'd been a bit of good-natured joking around with another contestant, Ryan Thomas, following which she claimed he'd beaten her up and repeatedly punched her. Of course, all of us who saw it at home knew that it was nothing of the sort, but nobody in the house saw any of it and they all took her word for it because she was so 'upset'. Everyone turned on Ryan, who had no idea what he was meant to have done. Roxanne tried to get him thrown out of the Big Brother house and all the viewers then realised it was all a ploy on her part because she knew he was more popular than she was.

Anyway, Ryan was ostracised by the other housemates and it was very, very ugly. When she didn't succeed in getting him thrown out of the house, she left. Then, one by one, as the other contestants were voted out, they were shown at their 'exit interview' the video of Ryan and Roxanne joking about and then they all realised they'd been played by her. But it backfired on her, because the public voted overwhelmingly for Ryan to win and her career in the UK was over.

So, that's who Jason has married, and all I can say is, God help him ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10849057/roxanne-pallett-secretly-married-boyfriend-jason-carrion/

Despite being on this show, I never took Jason for being a reality fame ho. I just don't understand why he would want to be hitched to such a hot mess but I guess love is blind.

• Love 9

Roxanne says “Sometimes it takes losing everything to see who stays around for you during your worst days and not just the best days"

Louis Medlock (Burt Reynolds) says in Deliverance "Sometimes you have to lose yourself 'fore you can find anything."

Roxanne has simply been searching for deliverance and found it in Jason.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, qtpye said:

Despite being on this show, I never took Jason for being a reality fame ho. I just don't understand why he would want to be hitched to such a hot mess but I guess love is blind.

I know, but I'm open to the sad reality that there may have been things about Jason we never knew.

Just now, Soup333 said:

I’m interested to see how this plays out. He seems to have a few issues of his own based on the preview for next week. 

I am sure Taylor has her issues but until I see some evidence of what he's saying about her I'm taking anything from Brandon's mouth with a grain of salt. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I am sure Taylor has her issues but until I see some evidence of what he's saying about her I'm taking anything from Brandon's mouth with a grain of salt. 

I was trying to be fair. 😂 But a cup of salt for sure. I think he might have been jealous of her social media standing. But we’ll see. 

• Love 6

I think what's going on with Jason is that the suit had to fit over his ever-growing massive muscle-chest so it's making him look bigger overall.  There's really no way to taper a man's suit jacket that much so as to show that the rest of him is not also broad.  It's done with women's clothing but not so much with men's.  His face did fill out somewhat, though.  People do fill out as they get older.  He was very thin when he was on MAFS.  I think the reason he looks so tall in the photos is that his bride is petite, plus the photographer was often shooting from a low angle.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 4

I'm going to give Meka's sullen behavior the benefit of the doubt, because I'm now suspicious of Michael, & because a spouse could come off grumpy (or the editors are only showing us the grumpy) because of behavior we're not shown. So now, even though I don't really like Brandon, I'm starting to feel the same & that maybe his odd behavior was more than just a picture issue. We'll see how this plays out.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm going to give Meka's sullen behavior the benefit of the doubt, because I'm now suspicious of Michael, & because a spouse could come off grumpy (or the editors are only showing us the grumpy) because of behavior we're not shown. So now, even though I don't really like Brandon, I'm starting to feel the same & that maybe his odd behavior was more than just a picture issue. We'll see how this plays out.

I wonder if maybe Brandon had already told Taylor not to film him when he was asleep. I think she did it before on the plane. Maybe that’s why he was so upset. Still doesn’t excuse his behavior. 

If they’re banned from posting during the length of filming then I wonder what he was so concerned about. Was he really thinking she would take that video and use it for likes when the show was over? Maybe that’s why he filed so soon?

I’m just speculating. I don’t trust him. He acts like a small child. But maybe there’s a deeper reason that we’ll find out later. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

I wonder if maybe Brandon had already told Taylor not to film him when he was asleep. I think she did it before on the plane. Maybe that’s why he was so upset. Still doesn’t excuse his behavior. 

If they’re banned from posting during the length of filming then I wonder what he was so concerned about. Was he really thinking she would take that video and use it for likes when the show was over? Maybe that’s why he filed so soon?

I’m just speculating. I don’t trust him. He acts like a small child. But maybe there’s a deeper reason that we’ll find out later. 

Agree & good point he may have asked her not to do that already, although he didn't say that on camera - unless it was edited out.  He doesn't know her yet; she could be a nasty thing who would show videos of him all over for all he knows, so I think his boundaries are acceptable. His silent treatment & other juvenile behavior was not acceptable.

• Love 7

Brandon specifically said  that waking up to Taylor holding a camera in his face caused him to have an anxiety attack. He mentioned (to Taylor, IIRC, but maybe during a Talking Head) that he was breathing heavily right after it happened.  It seemed to me as though he was trying to offer some evidence that his claim of an anxiety attack was legit. 

He also mentioned having an anxiety attack during the wedding festivities. At the time, I thought he was simply trying to emphasize how nervous he was, but given ithe subsequent reference  I think he's saying he has actual anxiety attacks.  Would be interesting to know if he's actually been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and if so, did the "experts" know about it when he was cast?

(Maybe he doesn't normally have frequent anxiety attacks, but so far, per Brandom himself, he's had at least one on 2 out of 3 days.  Both times, Brandon is also shown specifically saying the anxiety attacks substantially impaired his ability to interact with Taylor.  And this sounds mean, but if the frequency/severity of anxiety attacks we've seen so far is his usual... that would get really old, really fast.)

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Brandon specifically said  that waking up to Taylor holding a camera in his face caused him to have an anxiety attack. He mentioned (to Taylor, IIRC, but maybe during a Talking Head) that he was breathing heavily right after it happened.  It seemed to me as though he was trying to offer some evidence that his claim of an anxiety attack was legit. 

He also mentioned having an anxiety attack during the wedding festivities. At the time, I thought he was simply trying to emphasize how nervous he was, but given ithe subsequent reference  I think he's saying he has actual anxiety attacks.  Would be interesting to know if he's actually been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and if so, did the "experts" know about it when he was cast?

(Maybe he doesn't normally have frequent anxiety attacks, but so far, per Brandom himself, he's had at least one on 2 out of 3 days.  Both times, Brandon is also shown specifically saying the anxiety attacks substantially impaired his ability to interact with Taylor.  And this sounds mean, but if the frequency/severity of anxiety attacks we've seen so far is his usual... that would get really old, really fast.)

I had a panic attack once and hope it never happens again. It's the most debilitating thing ever. Not only that but it's obvious that the attack is happening. My neighbor has anxiety issues and has anxiety type attacks which again are EVIDENT when she is having them.

I think there are people (Brandon being one of them) that self diagnose themselves and use these real conditions to excuse their behavior when it's convenient for them. Doing that makes some believe that people who legitimately have these types of attacks are viewed as weak or making it up. If Brandon has all these anxiety issues and stuff then going on a television show in which one is essentially filmed 24/7 and is subject to being portrayed in any sort of way the editors want was a stupid thing to do. 

He seems like the type that thinks he's hot shit and is used to having his ass kissed. He was embarrassed that his "morning look" was captured on video. It pissed him off and embarrassed him because with regard to those types of things he has zero sense of humor. I can understand that. I would not like it either but he acted like a petulant child. It would have been very easy for him to express his feelings about it to her like a grown up but instead he acted like a little baby. Taylor should buy him a box of diapers.

Edited by configdotsys
fixed some messy mistakes
  • Love 12
On 1/30/2020 at 7:26 AM, essexjan said:

Jason got married the other day to Roxanne Pallett, who is seriously cray-cray. She is a UK actress who was in a soap opera, Emmerdale, for a while. Since then she's been on a number of reality shows. She was on Celebrity Big Brother a year or so ago and her behaviour was beyond appalling. There'd been a bit of good-natured joking around with another contestant, Ryan Thomas, following which she claimed he'd beaten her up and repeatedly punched her. Of course, all of us who saw it at home knew that it was nothing of the sort, but nobody in the house saw any of it and they all took her word for it because she was so 'upset'. Everyone turned on Ryan, who had no idea what he was meant to have done. Roxanne tried to get him thrown out of the Big Brother house and all the viewers then realised it was all a ploy on her part because she knew he was more popular than she was.

Anyway, Ryan was ostracised by the other housemates and it was very, very ugly. When she didn't succeed in getting him thrown out of the house, she left. Then, one by one, as the other contestants were voted out, they were shown at their 'exit interview' the video of Ryan and Roxanne joking about and then they all realised they'd been played by her. But it backfired on her, because the public voted overwhelmingly for Ryan to win and her career in the UK was over.

So, that's who Jason has married, and all I can say is, God help him ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10849057/roxanne-pallett-secretly-married-boyfriend-jason-carrion/

Thank you!  Gosh what happened to Jason!  Doesn't look a thing like he used to look!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

@Jeanne222, here you go!  (Middle pic is one I found from 2017, to provide an additional reference point) 🙂

btd.jpg

The middle pic just looks like an older version of him. But who the hell is the guy on the right?? What happened?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Guess Jason isn’t wrestling much nowadays. 

The only wrestling Jason is doing these days is the mental exercise he gets deciding  whether to Super Size his McDonalds and/or stop at the cronut place to buy a dozen for the guys and himself at the station...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 7
21 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

@Jeanne222, here you go!  (Middle pic is one I found from 2017, to provide an additional reference point) 🙂

btd.jpg

Thank you so much!  A picture is worth a thousand words!  I wonder if it just the weight or something more.  I don't think there's that many years between picture 1 and picture 3.

• Love 2

Suspicious of Iris' wishing she had been more assertive...she had no problem shaming grown men, invited guests for opening her fridge and drinking beyond the designated  party beverages... for drinking her lemonade.

She is hitching her wagon to the positive attention that Meka is getting for calling out Breakfast Mike.

Is Iris dating anyone?

• Love 21
33 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Suspicious of Iris' wishing she had been more assertive...she had no problem shaming grown men, invited guests for opening her fridge and drinking beyond the designated  party beverages... for drinking her lemonade.

She is hitching her wagon to the positive attention that Meka is getting for calling out Breakfast Mike.

Is Iris dating anyone?

I think Iris fell hard for Keith and is still nursing some hurt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 2/4/2020 at 6:33 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think that Iris also was stunned that Keith didn't fall for her and think her "gift" was great.

I don't know why, but (for either sex) the 'gift' of one's virginity, gets ho-hum after a certain age. If I were engaged to a man who was, say 30 years old, and he had saved himself for his wife, I would question the value of his 'gift'. I chose to be celibate for 1.5 years when I was 24. It's hardly impressive that I denied myself in order to come to a internal understanding of my issues. Hopefully, remaining a virgin means more to the virgin than she/he expects their significant other to feel. If my beau expects me to be overcome with the generosity and/or significance of his 'gift', he's with the wrong mate. I'm not going to feel good that all eyes are on my response to some guy is offering me his virginity. I would need to know the reasoning behind his choice before I could respect him, and I would not want the responsibility that accompanies being the 'first lover'. If I were a man, I would feel even moreso overwhelmed, so Iris needs to recognize that denying herself sex simply demonstrates that she's stubborn in her beliefs, and she has difficulty admitting her views may be a tad 'whacked'. After my date's confession, all one would hear is me saying, "Cheque, please!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 9/13/2019 at 1:02 PM, Ohwell said:

The way he was sitting away from her and how he was looking at her as she was yapping.... errr..... talking, 

I remember, in that moment, wondering how many women were PM'ing him saying, "Heck, I'll marry you and although I am not a virgin, I am definitely not a skank, either." I felt he was a great participant who was matched with a woman who cute and a tad quirky, but who also thought far too much of herself and her virginity.  

• Love 7

Buzzkill’s...sorry Aftetbuzz’s take. They think Taylor just brings out Brandon’s insecurities with her awesomeness and she should not forgive the nastiness.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2

I don't think Brandon is insecure but, like he said, he's just tired of vapid Instagram models.  Doesn't excuse his shitty behavior and he shouldn't have signed up for this show. 

Now that I'm thinking about this IG stuff, I wonder if he recognized her from one of his ex's IG accounts. 

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Now that I'm thinking about this IG stuff, I wonder if he recognized her from one of his ex's IG accounts. 

Something else is going on besides Brandon just going ballistic. I don't like his reactions, but Taylor seems fake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I don't think Brandon is insecure but, like he said, he's just tired of vapid Instagram models.  Doesn't excuse his shitty behavior and he shouldn't have signed up for this show. 

The Afterbuzz people said they could not find her Instagram and she really might not be as big of a deal on it as he is claiming. I do understand not being attracted to an Insta person but his communication skills leave much to be desired.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Something else is going on besides Brandon just going ballistic. I don't like his reactions, but Taylor seems fake.

Fake?  How can Taylor be fake?

giphy.gif

I think the Afterbuzz folks are falling for Taylor because she's pretty; if she were plain I'm sure their reactions would be a lot different.  

There's something about Taylor that I don't like, I find her like, "look at me, everybody says I look just like Beyonce!"

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/24/2020 at 4:22 PM, Captain Asshat said:

For a marriage to be annulled in Virginia, a spouse needs a legal ground (or reason) for annulment. Each of the following is a legal ground for annulment in Virginia:

• Incest – the spouses are related, closer than first cousins

Oh, but first cousins are just fine?  Ew.  

On 1/30/2020 at 9:55 AM, humbleopinion said:

Jason looks like he aged 20 years....

On 1/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, Kareem said:

And put on a feed bag. 

On 1/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, gonecrackers said:

Holy crap I didn't even recognize Jason!

On 1/30/2020 at 11:44 AM, SecretSK said:

Me either. I even zoomed in. It really doesn’t look like him. Wow.

I would not have been able to pick him out of a lineup.  Damn.

• Love 3