Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Oh Marissa.  Victoria is your boot buddy?  Did you know that association comes with a curse?  A curse of being cut before your time?  I may yet get my wish.  

I may also get my wish ! 🤣

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

Judy and Kelli cut Hannah Lily Brennan over zoom call. Nothing says we respect you like cutting veterans over a 2 minute zoom call. Hannah told them off during her call. 

I cannot get over they cut VETERANS over a damn zoom call.  After Kelli proudly showed off the "office" set, complete with the COVID safety divider sheet of plexiglass.   Is this their new incarnation of World Class?

If it was due to the false positive & production being shut down at the time, couldn't K&J have the decency to stand somewhere in the same room with the proven Veteran and cut them face to face?

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Does she really think that's an attractive photo?

I will never understand how someone with such a boxy shape and short legs (not to mention terrible attitude) made the team.  It would have never happened when the team was concerned more with talent than ability to bring drama to a reality show.  

She does 😂😂😂

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, abracadabra said:

I know this to be true, and I'm not arguing that it happens. What I'm trying to point out is that Brennan exaggerated. She stated that she had it twice then admitted she didn't get tested at least one of the times. 

If she got tested the first time, she knew what it felt like. If all of the same symptoms came back -- ding, ding, ding -- covid again (probably more of a relapse would be my guess -- but, still, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck) . . .

• Love 14
7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

This pix is weird!  Marissa was fast to comment on it but hardly any DCC commented.   Most of the girls  would have been happy if Lisa would have been the one that got cut.  The four girls that were cut were all cut for the same reason and only one reason.  RATINGS!!!  CMT can twist it however they want but we all know the real reason for all four girls.  They had nothing this year so they focused on the WOC but in the end felt they needed more.  Kelli you are a little late in focusing on the WOC, you have had some beautiful African American and Asian girls before that were great dancers and you never gave them the time of day.  

I wonder, truthfully, how she made the team and is as boxy as she is and Kelli and Judy have cut girls for the same thing. She's kind of built (and I genuinely mean no harm) like a mini fridge.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, now we know why Brennan was cut.  

So VK was “rude?”  What did she do or say that was so rude?  I only saw her push herself to front and center of Kat’s video (I think).  What else did she do or say that warranted a talking to?

3 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Brennan was probably tired because she had to babysit Marrisa and Victoria all training camp as their boot buddys. After making Show Group, Marrisa told everyone that she can rest easy, and go watch Netflix at night for the rest of the bubble and she told her parents to move her stuff to Texas and start looking for a apartment while she was still in the bubble. Victoria spent her time in the bubble being so rude to everyone that leaders and Brennan had a private talk with her. 

Judy and Kelli cut Hannah Lily Brennan over zoom call. Nothing says we respect you like cutting veterans over a 2 minute zoom call. Hannah told them off during her call. They will splice it to make it look like she was the bitch in the situation. If anyone believes Hannah went from Show Group For 2 years to not knowing how to do a high V pom motion 🧐

Pay close attention to how they edit this season. Brianna was hurt for the last three days of the bubble. Judy, Kelli and the producer thought it made for good tv to make her “dance for her life” the last day, to prove a point. Nothing says we care about your health, but we care about the tv show more.

Watch how they edit it to act like Jalynn is going to make Show Group again. They set her up in her interviews to have her believe she was going to make it back. Just for a story line.

This production has never been this edited previously. But this year they jumped the shark. And in A particularly cruel and unnecessary way. It’s pitiful.

If VK wasn’t the daughter of Kelli’s bff, I doubt she would have made it into training camp her second time. How exactly was she rude? Not that I’m surprised. 

Marissa already seems problematic especially if she’s paired with VK.

I would honestly pay money to see the unedited version of Hannah’s cut. 

I feel bad for Briana and Jalyn and what they were put through for the sake of the show. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this was their last year. 

I would have loved a vet only season this year. They could have still shown us the bubble and more dancing and unaired clips from previous years. However, it’s quite clear that K and J and the producers don’t care about the girls this season and only potential ratings.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Oh Marissa.  Victoria is your boot buddy?  Did you know that association comes with a curse?  A curse of being cut before your time?  I may yet get my wish.  

Wait oh wait.   Lisa will ensure Marissa is cut before her time 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, forumborum said:

Wait oh wait.   Lisa will ensure Marissa is cut before her time 

So do Lisa, VK, Marissa, and Kat make up a clique?  So who do the others hang out with?  Would love to know who is friends with who, as it helps with picturing who may or may not be on VKs war path...

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

) Most of the girls think Kristin is quite strange.  She's not really close with anyone.  Just a very odd duck.

Can you explain a little more about her being strange?

To me she seems mature, wholesome and not catty or a vapid, giggly barbie. That's why I like her. I guess I can see how this would seem strange to some of them. 

Of course I've never met her and my impressions are based solely off of a TV show!

ETA final thoughts on Brennan's COVID: It was the other way around; she never got tested the 1st time. The time when she did get tested she said she didn't even feel.that bad. It doesn't matter anymore, and I do wish she wasn't cut, but I don't like when COVID (especially SUSPECTED but unconfirmed) becomes am excuse for sympathy when many, many people get it and survive. If COVID weren't a thing she never would have brought up the first time she was sick earlier in the summer, and for some reason even when you're sicker with something other than COVID, nobody cares. When you have COVID and aren't as sick, everybody cares.

Edited by abracadabra
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, KeepingItReel said:

Meredith and Lily were only told they were not top 36 dancers

Hannah was told she was not top 36 because of her pom technique

Brennan was told she looked winded and not ready game day ready

The unofficial leaders are Maddie and Tess. No groups

Ok, so not to insert too much humor into a frustrating and very sad situation, but the ending of this post cracks me up.

Just imagine. It's the last day of the season and returning vets and rookie hopefuls have just gotten the heartbreaking news of Hannah and Brennan's cuts. Suddenly Kelli walks into the field/stadium and abruptly makes the announcement:

"So  yeah guys, this whole finasco was for nothing. There's not really going to be any cheerleading this year ... soooooo no one's actually on the team. Oh, but thanks for participating in this fun reality tv show. Welp, anyways. I'm out. Maddie and, Tess, you guys are in charge!"

She gives the the shocked ladies a thumbs up and walks out of the stadium as she nearly doubles over with laughter along with the CMT crew.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Lona said:

Ok, so not to insert too much humor into a frustrating and very sad situation, but the ending of this post cracks me up.

Just imagine. It's the last day of the season and returning vets and rookie hopefuls have just gotten the heartbreaking news of Hannah and Brennan's cuts. Suddenly Kelli walks into the field/stadium and abruptly makes the announcement:

"So  yeah guys, this whole finasco was for nothing. There's not really going to be any cheerleading this year ... soooooo no one's actually on the team. Oh, but thanks for participating in this fun reality tv show. Welp, anyways. I'm out. Maddie and, Tess, you guys are in charge!"

She gives the the shocked ladies a thumbs up and walks out of the stadium as she nearly doubles over with laughter along with the CMT crew.

She can give herself the same speech tonight is my last night peace lol 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, abracadabra said:

Can you explain a little more about her being strange?

To me she seems mature, wholesome and not catty or a vapid, giggly barbie. That's why I like her. I guess I can see how this would seem strange to some of them. 

From what I've seen, she seems like an intelligent person with some depth, I respect and admire her dedication to raising awareness and improving accessibility for people with deafness. Having said that-

1 hour ago, abracadabra said:

Of course I've never met her and my impressions are based solely off of a TV show!

Wish I could like this ^ 100 times, pretty important point...

Edited by perrie97
edited for clarity
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

I have no words besides....I will miss watching her dance....

69BCA63B-EC3B-4E74-B0AB-D5745390493A.jpeg

Going to miss her so much 😔 I hope this doesn't kill her spirit in the long run. I hope she keeps dancing and move on to more wonderful things than DCC. I've never really understood the mentally that some of these ladies have coming in that being a DCC is the highest achievement a professional dancer can reach.  I'll admit I'm totally ignorant to that world. I had always thought the best and brightest dancer's go to Broadway or something like that. 

1 hour ago, loveaux said:

Hannah being told she has poor Pom technique sounds like a bunch of bull crap. If Hannah has poor Pom technique, then Meredith was the best dancer last season and should’ve never been cut. 🥴

This all day long! You couldn't paid me to believe for a second she was cut for her dancing. Pom or otherwise. I see it in TC every since season. Some hotshot rookie TCC shows up and Kelli starts salivating over her and suddenly every vet is replaceable for any little reason. No loyalty. I was kinda wondering if this year, its Marrisa. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Tinydancerxo28 said:

I would honestly pay money to see the unedited version of Hannah’s cut. 

I feel bad for Briana and Jalyn and what they were put through for the sake of the show. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this was their last year. 

I would have loved a vet only season this year. They could have still shown us the bubble and more dancing and unaired clips from previous years. However, it’s quite clear that K and J and the producers don’t care about the girls this season and only potential ratings.

THIS!!!! Especially the bits in bold.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

A few things:

1) Regarding Taylor only having to audition on the one day, a lot of the girls are unhappy that she got this special privilege.  Btw, Taylor is good friends with Sam. Hmm.

2) Most of the girls think Kristin is quite strange.  She's not really close with anyone.  Just a very odd duck.

1. Was Taylor J the only one who did the one day audition? I thought there was meant to be a couple of them. On one hand, I don't see why all vets couldn't just do the one day audition, seeing as K&J know exactly who they are and what they bring to the table. Then again, I like Taylor but she's not an outstanding dancer either. A vet-only squad would've been so much better, considering now they're not even dancing on the field. 

2. I always feel sorry for Kristin. Another one who's balancing a very demanding full-time job and seems less into the DCC-is-my-life motto. Again, not spectacular as a dancer but seems like a good ambassador when she has the time! Kelli won't like that she's career first, DCC second. I'm surprised she didn't get cut for lack of commitment on that aspect.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

The fact that no one got covid (& the incubation period isn't over, so there could still be a case), does not in any way prove the bubble was secure. How many times have people been out and about and not gotten covid (grocery store, parties, etc.)? There was certainly no secure bubble in any of those situations.

No one testing positive (not false positive) & hopefully won't in the next couple of weeks, just means the DCC are extremely lucky -- not that the bubble was secure.

And that's not even taking into count false negatives if any of them do start to feel sick . . .

I take your point but the reality for everyone trying to bubble right now is that there's a limit to how perfect they can be - no one has done them before and I genuinely think people are doing their best in a tricky situation. There is no doubt that significant lengths were gone to in order to try and keep people safe. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I would never in a million years audition for this team. “You’re not officially on the team, but consider relocating to Dallas” what in the entire hell? The GAMES these people play! And for shitty pay. NFL dancers in general are underpaid in comparison to NBA dancers. Some of them aren’t even compensated for practices. That is BEYOND me!!! All that drama and scrutiny for what!? To dance 7 or 8 home games? You’re better off in the NBA. I mean, if you’re really there to dance because that’s what you love. 41 home games & better pay sounds like a much sweeter deal to me. Then again, if you’re there to be toyed with and to possibly date a player and not be penalized for it, DCC is the perfect choice. 

• Love 21
6 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

Going to miss her so much 😔 I hope this doesn't kill her spirit in the long run. I hope she keeps dancing and move on to more wonderful things than DCC. I've never really understood the mentally that some of these ladies have coming in that being a DCC is the highest achievement a professional dancer can reach.  I'll admit I'm totally ignorant to that world. I had always thought the best and brightest dancer's go to Broadway or something like that. 

Yikes, do any of them really think that?  Even the best DCC struggle when they go after a higher level.  For power pom, I can't think of any better dance jobs, I guess, but when you look at the pro dance world...

There aren't that many Jacies or Olivias out there who pursue dance in NYC or LA or Vegas and find success.  It's the best dance job available in Dallas, or perhaps one of the best that's considered part time but with maximum exposure.  It's also great for a relatively sheltered 18/19 year old, especially when coupled with college.  I can imagine a lot of families aren't eager to ship off their teenager to NYC and support them while they pursue a dance career. 

I think for someone like Hannah, it was a way to keep dancing and enjoy the performance aspect while she also had the space to pursue higher education.  She might very well be talented enough to be a full time dancer, but that doesn't seem to be what she wants.  Of the tennish peeps I know that did pro cheer in various forms, it was either a way to stay fit and keep performing (the ones over 25 in particular) or a way to stay local to their community and still dance.  One was pursuing being a professional ballerina and blew out her knee enough to kill that, but being an NFL cheer was still a way for her to dance.

I think the social media influencer exposure changes the game a little, but people like Alexandria or Mandy who liked having DCC on their resume to pursue dance teacher or coach careers makes the most sense to me.  Or Amy with her studio, etc. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Was trying to sleep and this thought came to me... Picture this. TPTB tell the TCC that they are not yet on the team but they should make plans to move to Dallas. CMT tapes Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte "agonizing" over their earlier decision to cut Brennan and Hannah. The "not quite on the team yet" candidates attend their first official meeting back. Scenes of sadness from the "not quite on the team yet" gals as they are missing their former teammates. Kelli and Judy appear and declare that since there won't be a lot of chances to perform/make appearances this season, they have decided out of the warmth of their very sympathetic hearts to take Brennan and Hannah back. Suddenly they appear with the group and Kelli announces that this is the team.Wild virtual hugs and smiles, cheers and happy tears ensue. 

That would be the kind of drama that Kelli would love for television. Not saying this would really happen (and I would hope if they were invited back they would tell Kelli to go straight to hell), but I can imagine her thinking that this would provide still more drama, and make her look like the kindest woman ever. (gag.)

Edited by Agent Gully
Punctuation counts for something.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Lol. Yeah, that’s bullshit. 

for reference:

How did I forget they danced to Fat Bottomed Girl, the irony there... Hannah is AMAZING!!! Also, still can't figure out how Amy made training camp never mind half point she just does not have the look or style... 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Most of the girls think Kristin is quite strange.  She's not really close with anyone.  Just a very odd duck.

This is interesting. I forget about Kristen, because she really doesn't seem to be close with anyone, yeah. But I really liked her on the show. She was awkward her first TC, but she came back the next year guns blazing, so improved...it was really impressive. I love her passion for sign language. She seems to have the kind of depth Kelli likes to pretend all DCC have, lol. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

Was trying to sleep and this thought came to me... Picture this. TPTB tell the TCC that they are not yet on the team but they should make plans to move to Dallas. CMT tapes Kelli, Judy, and Charlotte "agonizing" over their earlier decision to cut Brennan and Hannah. The "not quite on the team yet" candidates attend their first official meeting back. Scenes of sadness from the "not quite on the team yet" gals as they are missing their former teammates. Kelli and Judy appear and declare that since there won't be a lot of chances to perform/make appearances this season, they have decided out of the warmth of their very sympathetic hearts to take Brennan and Hannah back. Suddenly they appear with the group and Kelli announces that this is the team.Wild virtual hugs and smiles, cheers and happy tears ensue. 

That would be the kind of drama that Kelli would love for television. Not saying this would really happen (and I would hope if they were invited back they would tell Kelli to go straight to hell), but I can imagine her thinking that this would provide still more drama, and make her look like the kindest woman ever. (gag.)

But the episode would end with both Brennan and Hannah telling Kelli, No thank you ma'am we're not coming back...

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, loveaux said:

I wonder, truthfully, how she made the team and is as boxy as she is and Kelli and Judy have cut girls for the same thing. She's kind of built (and I genuinely mean no harm) like a mini fridge.

I can’t even with that Bad editing Genie arm whatever but then she quotes Phenomenal Woman? Somebody come get this little troll. Fool.  

10 hours ago, heckkitty said:

Lol. Yeah, that’s bullshit. 

for reference:

Kelli. Seriously. You got HANNAH with that face and ass and you put Maddie and flat bottomed AMY with her vanilla pudding - nah she’s worse she’s fat free sugar free geriatric dessert cup - at the front for that song? Also who was off, amy or Maddie? At least Maddie has a decent bitty especially when she puts on weight every season. 

Oh also did Kelli tell them all they’re not on The team but move to Dallas bc if there’s no season and no team or just no cheerleaders now, why keep them on payroll? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

I take your point but the reality for everyone trying to bubble right now is that there's a limit to how perfect they can be - no one has done them before and I genuinely think people are doing their best in a tricky situation. There is no doubt that significant lengths were gone to in order to try and keep people safe. 

Except there were girls openly traveling, getting waxes down, etc. before training camp -- so not quarantining before entering the bubble (or after, since it started right away & vets entered midway). That is not secure or with appropriate cautions since it can take up to 14? days to develop. Anyone could have brought it in.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Kelli. Seriously. You got HANNAH with that face and ass and you put Maddie and flat bottomed AMY with her vanilla pudding - nah she’s worse she’s fat free sugar free geriatric dessert cup - at the front for that song? Also who was off, amy or Maddie? At least Maddie has a decent bitty especially when she puts on weight every season. 

Amy being point at any point is so baffling to me. She's one of the most boring looking cheerleaders they've ever had. Is she super charismatic in person or something? Is she a really good dancer? I haven't seen too much of that since she was never really featured on the show

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Amy being point at any point is so baffling to me. She's one of the most boring looking cheerleaders they've ever had. Is she super charismatic in person or something? Is she a really good dancer? I haven't seen too much of that since she was never really featured on the show

I liked Amy, but she was a classic "blender."  And I hate to use that term because I think TPTB use it to mean "we're cutting you, but we don't have a good reason why."

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Yikes, do any of them really think that?  Even the best DCC struggle when they go after a higher level.  For power pom, I can't think of any better dance jobs, I guess, but when you look at the pro dance world...

I believe some of these ladies actually think that. Every year you see girls during the preliminary round and semi fins saying " My whole dance career has let up to THIS moment!! " Or " I've sacrifice EVERYTHING to make it here" Then that was that TCC..Shelby? I think her name was? That said she'd quit dancing if she didn't make it. And who could forget Courtney, the one who quit her job in pharmaceutical sales so she could keep up with practice. I'll never forget Judy's face when Courtney said she was giving up her job for DCC

• Love 3
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Not really, always comes off sort of giggly yet smug I’m a passive aggressive bitchy way to me. She’s good with technique but not amazing and showmanship is blah.

Good leadership I’ll give her that and no weight issues. 

I seriously with all my heart think they roatsted point, which I really do like, bc amy and Maddie we’re both mediocre. About the time everyone realizes they have a boring dancer with meh looks they switch them out then by the time it’s realized again time for kickline and song over.

yeah heather would have rocked it. Or any of the 2nd years. Or Gina. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I can’t even with that Bad editing Genie arm whatever but then she quotes Phenomenal Woman? Somebody come get this little troll. Fool.  

Oh also did Kelli tell them all they’re not on The team but move to Dallas bc if there’s no season and no team or just no cheerleaders now, why keep them on payroll? 

I think the consensus at the time was that Amy was off. Because you know, point material. 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Not really, always comes off sort of giggly yet smug I’m a passive aggressive bitchy way to me. She’s good with technique but not amazing and showmanship is blah.

This was always my impression of Amy too especially in the giggly yet smug way...

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

I believe some of these ladies actually think that. Every year you see girls during the preliminary round and semi fins saying " My whole dance career has let up to THIS moment!! " Or " I've sacrifice EVERYTHING to make it here" Then that was that TCC..Shelby? I think her name was? That said she'd quit dancing if she didn't make it. And who could forget Courtney, the one who quit her job in pharmaceutical sales so she could keep up with practice. I'll never forget Judy's face when Courtney said she was giving up her job for DCC

Only to retire after her rookie year

20 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Good leadership I’ll give her that and no weight issues. 

I seriously with all my heart think they roatsted point, which I really do like, bc amy and Maddie we’re both mediocre. About the time everyone realizes they have a boring dancer with meh looks they switch them out then by the time it’s realized again time for kickline and song over.

yeah heather would have rocked it. Or any of the 2nd years. Or Gina. 

The only difference between Gina and the Amy/Maddie point is that Gina is a better dancer. She doesn't have the look for point either imo

• Love 4

1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

Jinelle treatment?

Despite her tenure on the squad and position as a group leader (and later an All Star,) she was never anywhere near the point of the triangle.  And I personally find her quite pretty, but mileage vastly varies on that equation!

1 minute ago, vanillagum said:

do we know why? or was it random

IIRC, she didn't love the drama, cameras and pressure to keep her weight down to where she was as an 8th grade child.  So while glad she had the experience, was also happy to move on in life.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Brennan was probably tired because she had to babysit Marrisa and Victoria all training camp as their boot buddys. After making Show Group, Marrisa told everyone that she can rest easy, and go watch Netflix at night for the rest of the bubble and she told her parents to move her stuff to Texas and start looking for a apartment while she was still in the bubble. Victoria spent her time in the bubble being so rude to everyone that leaders and Brennan had a private talk with her. 

Judy and Kelli cut Hannah Lily Brennan over zoom call. Nothing says we respect you like cutting veterans over a 2 minute zoom call. Hannah told them off during her call. They will splice it to make it look like she was the bitch in the situation. If anyone believes Hannah went from Show Group For 2 years to not knowing how to do a high V pom motion 🧐

Pay close attention to how they edit this season. Brianna was hurt for the last three days of the bubble. Judy, Kelli and the producer thought it made for good tv to make her “dance for her life” the last day, to prove a point. Nothing says we care about your health, but we care about the tv show more.

Watch how they edit it to act like Jalynn is going to make Show Group again. They set her up in her interviews to have her believe she was going to make it back. Just for a story line.

This production has never been this edited previously. But this year they jumped the shark. And in A particularly cruel and unnecessary way. It’s pitiful.

I will say more later but I need an angry face emoji. Sad doesn’t do it. 

• Love 7