Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Now Maggie, Megan C, Amy T and Melissa W - they retired too early.

I agree with all of these! I just didn't include them because I didn't start watching the show until the 2017 season (season 12). While I've watched all of the seasons now, via Pluto and CMT, I have a hard time finding faves from any season earlier than 12 just because I didn't go on a journey with them - just watched their season in about eight hours. But they were all fantastic dancers and seemed really nice on the show!

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I agree with all of these! I just didn't include them because I didn't start watching the show until the 2017 season (season 12). While I've watched all of the seasons now, via Pluto and CMT, I have a hard time finding faves from any season earlier than 12 just because I didn't go on a journey with them - just watched their season in about eight hours. But they were all fantastic dancers and seemed really nice on the show!

It's funny you say that, cause yes, sometimes the 8 hours or so goes by so fast, and you feel you didn't get to know the girls.  But I can watch all of season 9 in a marathon and be fed up with Breelan half way thru🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Opine said:

Someone finally said what I feel about Caroline.  She's fine.  But she has kind of a stepford look in her eyes.  She's pretty, she dances well, but she just isn't exciting.  To quote a certain person "she just doesn't have the "it" factor"!

And Daphne.  What the what?  An ok dancer, sure, but I am sorry, she is no more attractive than the average girl at the mall. the hair is dreadful.  And clearly she struggles with eating issues.  So maybe that's not a good plan?  

I have always thought Caroline looked like a soccer mom. 

Daphne, poor, skinny, Daphne. She looks like she was rode hard and put up wet. 

• Love 6
On 8/24/2020 at 3:28 PM, JayDKay said:

Wow DCC not having a good PR week 😂 Meagan Pravden has just released an interview on her body image trauma after Kelli made the infamous thut comment. Love her! https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/meagan-pravden-reflects-on-body-shaming-from-cmts-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-11921926

The thutt episode is on Pluto right now. It’s the same one where Hannah is cut for weight and Veronica is called “huge.” I cannot believe these women stay through this kind of obnoxious treatment. In no world is Meagan stocky or Veronica huge. For all that they sacrifice for this team they deserve to be treated with at least a smidge of respect. I think Hannah and Brennan ultimately will realize they came out ahead.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Opine said:

Someone finally said what I feel about Caroline.  She's fine.  But she has kind of a stepford look in her eyes.  She's pretty, she dances well, but she just isn't exciting.  To quote a certain person "she just doesn't have the "it" factor"!

And Daphne.  What the what?  An ok dancer, sure, but I am sorry, she is no more attractive than the average girl at the mall. the hair is dreadful.  And clearly she struggles with eating issues.  So maybe that's not a good plan?  

I really like Daphne and it never fails to shock me when people say she's ok or mediocre - she pops in every video I've seen of her. Regarding her weight, I actually don't thinks she's that skinny - she has a really bony torso and a flat chest (sorry Daphne), but when you see her next to the other girls around her height you can see that she's actually around the same size. Not saying she definitely doesn't have eating issues, but I don't think you can say she clearly struggles. I went back through her IG and it looks like she's always had a bony torso, but the fact that she still has thighs makes me think it's just a weight distribution thing. But again, none of us know for sure.

All I know is, she's a great teammate (from what we've seen) and she can dance. Starting at 1:21, you can see her killing it as rookie point. Also, you can see that Jalyn is even smaller than her. 

Edited by superbity
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, superbity said:

I really like Daphne and it never fails to shock me when people say she's ok or mediocre - she pops in every video I've seen of her. Regarding her weight, I actually don't thinks she's that skinny - she has a really bony torso and a flat chest (sorry Daphne), but when you see her next to the other girls around her height you can see that she's actually around the same size. Not saying she definitely doesn't have eating issues, but I don't think you can say she clearly struggles. I went back through her IG and it looks like she's always had a bony torso, but the fact that she still has thighs makes me think it's just a weight distribution thing. But again, none of us know for sure.

All I know is, she's a great teammate (from what we've seen) and she can dance. Starting at 1:21, you can see her killing it as rookie point. Also, you can see that Jalyn is even smaller than her. 

I agree she definitely can hold her own with the dancing, particularly in the video you shared. I wouldn't say she is one of the superstar dancers but is definitely more than just ok. I can also really relate to having a bony and smaller chest and prominent ribs and it does not always mean you're too thin. I do think that there have been times mainly the calendar shoot where she looked like she had gone a bit far. Weight distribution can definitely contribute though, personally my lower half gains first and my top half loses first.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, superbity said:

I could not stop watching Hannah in that video - truly a mistake on Kelly and Judy's part. She is amazing!!

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

Weight distribution can definitely contribute though, personally my lower half gains first and my top half loses first.

I have the same body type.  I'm tall and love weighing 118.  But people genuinely think I am "not well" when I am under 120.  Everything is bony from my waist up.   Put on a few pounds "oh you look wonderful."  But they aren't looking at my saddlebags when they say that.

• Love 2

Perhaps TK doesn’t think anything about VK getting an education or skill if she herself didn’t & just went right into marriage.  Perhaps no vision or dream for her & certainly haven’t seen VK speaking of any life goals other than DCC, not even marriage. Does she have a boyfriend?

• Love 2

For what it's worth, I'm glad Lauren seemed to have the option not to pose for the calendar.  The DCC uniform shows a lot of skin, certainly, as do most dance costumes.  But that's a specific thing for a dance job, and posing sexily yanking your bottoms down for print media (and revenue) feels different to me.  I am surprised that Maddie was willing to do it, though, or maybe she just wasn't willing to speak up like Lauren was.

Part of me is like meh, it's part of the job, and maybe that's how Maddie justified it to herself too.  But the rest of me is like actually...they sign up for a dance job and public appearances.  Not to promote swimwear in a calendar that might hang on someone's wall for three years because his favorite cheerleader has her bum sticking out.  And 35 other ladies were probably perfectly willing to do it, so there ya go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
47 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I have the same body type.  I'm tall and love weighing 118.  But people genuinely think I am "not well" when I am under 120.  Everything is bony from my waist up.   Put on a few pounds "oh you look wonderful."  But they aren't looking at my saddlebags when they say that.

Haha definitely feel that. I am short to average at best so I am fairly lucky that it's not commented on too much. Never fun to get the "why does that fit you differently?" lol because I've got no chest, straight down it goes etc

• Love 1
3 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Perhaps TK doesn’t think anything about VK getting an education or skill if she herself didn’t & just went right into marriage.  Perhaps no vision or dream for her & certainly haven’t seen VK speaking of any life goals other than DCC, not even marriage. Does she have a boyfriend?

I bet that's probably what Tina did. She reminds me of those PTA/PTO mothers. Always hanging around at school, involved in everything and act they they own the place.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, itsweird said:

Ew. Creepy.  What is that even supposed to mean???  🤨

Do you mean where did the "grace" thing come from?  In Maddie's interview from her 1st training camp, she was asked how she, as a Mormon, would feel about wearing the uniform.  Her answer was that as long as you wear it with "grace," it doesn't matter.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Do you mean where did the "grace" thing come from?  In Maddie's interview from her 1st training camp, she was asked how she, as a Mormon, would feel about wearing the uniform.  Her answer was that as long as you wear it with "grace," it doesn't matter.

That's convenient

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It’s been pending for a while since the beginning of the year 

I think the point is that it is STILL pending, seems they should know by now.

• Love 16

From the Christmas video posted above, my eyes went straight to powerhouse Hannah, and not Daphne. Such as disappointment that Kelli seemingly only wants "yes ma'am" girls and not women with opinions and convictions. I hope Kelli realizes that the world is changing, and we need strong ambassadors who are willing to do more than say "yes ma'am" and conform to outdated beliefs and customs. As far as Daphne, I'm not sold on her look or dancing, but I appreciate how emotionally supportive she seems of the girls (ex: posting nice messages on the cut girls' Instas and sending flowers/candy).

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

It’s been pending for a while since the beginning of the year 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I think the point is that it is STILL pending, seems they should know by now.

With the NFL preseason cancelled I would highly doubt there's going to be a MTT season.  Especially since they ended TC early.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

With the NFL preseason cancelled I would highly doubt there's going to be a MTT season.  Especially since they ended TC early.

It only ended 1 or two days early and it was the players who wanted no preseason games 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 3
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

It only ended 1 or two days early and it was the players who wanted no preseason games 

Oh OK...I thought it was the NFL in general.  I still doubt very seriously there'll be a football season until there's a vaccine for COVID19

9 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Oh OK...I thought it was the NFL in general.  I still doubt very seriously there'll be a football season until there's a vaccine for COVID19

there will be a football season, they're doing it without fans.

• Love 3

Don’t get me wrong I think Daphne is a good dancer and nice person, and that rookie triangle with her at point was fire, but I do think she always looks tired and the uniform looks bad on her.

As for Maddie ‘wearing it with grace’ that’s an excuse bc she wants attention from shaking her ass in a skimpy uniform more than she wants to follow the rules of her religion.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Don’t get me wrong I think Daphne is a good dancer and nice person, and that rookie triangle with her at point was fire, but I do think she always looks tired and the uniform looks bad on her.

As for Maddie ‘wearing it with grace’ that’s an excuse bc she wants attention from shaking her ass in a skimpy uniform more than she wants to follow the rules of her religion.

I think Maddie would look so much better in a uniform like the Patriots cheerleaders (the actual cheerleader looking/not stripper looking ones).  And, it would be less of a moral conflict.  I think that's all part of what confuses me about her. 

Edited by itsweird
clarification
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

We'll see, the NFL said no fans.

They said it’s up to each individual teams if they will have fans jerry Jones just got his approval for her safety protocols for the governor of Texas as of last week 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

We'll see, the NFL said no fans.

As of Monday, the NFL has not instituted a league wide attendance policy.  However, 23 of the 32 NFL teams will play without fans.  The Cowboys are the only team in their division who intend to play with fans.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, itsweird said:

I think Maddie would look so much better in a uniform like the Patriots cheerleaders (the actual cheerleader looking/not stripper looking ones).  And, it would be less of a moral conflict.  I think that's all part of what confuses me about her. 

I don’t think she’s actively being a hypocrite I think she’s just dumb. Her mom prob told her that and that’s all she needs to know. 

• Love 3
Just now, rungirl46 said:

As of Monday, the NFL has not instituted a league wide attendance policy.  However, 23 of the 32 NFL teams will play without fans.  The Cowboys are the only team in their division who intend to play with fans.

Again, I guess we'll see, I have a feeling there will be a "no fan" proclamation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Again, I guess we'll see, I have a feeling there will be a "no fan" proclamation.

Yeah, we (Eagles) got the total - no fans, don't even think of tailgating our parking lots will be locked, watch from your tv at home - the other day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, itsweird said:

Yeah, we (Eagles) got the total - no fans, don't even think of tailgating our parking lots will be locked, watch from your tv at home - the other day.

I went to the eagles Dallas game last year and sat next to eagles fans in the stand and even talked to a bunch of eagles fans in line waiting to get omg loved it y’all are funnest Fans ever very passionate as well loved it :)it was Awesome game day experience ever 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I went to the eagles Dallas game last year and sat next to eagles fans in the stand and even talked to a bunch of eagles fans in line waiting to get omg loved it y’all are funnest Fans ever very passionate as well loved it :)it was Awesome game day experience ever 

We're a proud and die hard bunch (although we always act like we'll turn on our team at any moment, LOL).  We have a lot of bark but we're really big softies inside.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

18 minutes ago, itsweird said:

Panthers fans are awaiting further direction.  We've already been told no tailgating, and no single game tickets will be sold.

• Love 2

FINALLY!! My account has finally been registered I’ve been reading since page 20! 

I agree with the consensus - I think it’s appalling Brennan, Hannah, Lily & Meredith got cut. Brennan and Hannah because they were all around good and great for the organisation, especially Hannah’s dancing. I’ve danced in Pom dance for years in the UK and love Hannah (Amanda & Daphne are also faves of mine) I previously liked VK until I read and saw about last series which I checked into (I didn’t watch last years series) although considering the stuff the girls learn how someone hasn’t taught Victoria to do her make up better I have no idea. Daphne may not be everyone’s cup of tea but she is a really good dancer. 

I can understand why lily and Meredith were cut if there are better TCC’s but still there’s ways things should be done and Kelli is being ridiculous. I wouldn’t be surprised if KaShara at some stage does take over one of their roles. Hopefully there is more backlash to cone from this which would serve TPTB right. Also if Kat is fraternising then yes she should’ve been cut.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, itsweird said:

We're a proud and die hard bunch (although we always act like we'll turn on our team at any moment, LOL).  We have a lot of bark but we're really big softies inside.  

Hey they even let us take pictures with them :) no hesitation with it 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I always felt DCC was a stepping stone to VK finding a J. Howard Marshall of her own. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, itsweird said:

I guess I'm in your neck of the woods, I saw that & I saw that the mascot won't be there.  I assume that includes the cheerleaders too?

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

jerry Jones just got his approval for her safety protocols for the governor of Texas as of last week 

I'm curious what he will do if the NFL turns around and changes their minds.

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I guess I'm in your neck of the woods, I saw that & I saw that the mascot won't be there.  I assume that includes the cheerleaders too?

I have a feeling the nfl will ban fans as well. If your team banned fans would you want to go play somewhere that didnt ban them? Seems like it would defeat the purpose

• Love 8

Kelli is a control freak.  She wouldn't let the TCCs post any pix and they were not allowed to post when they made the team.  Any of their friends or family members that posted anything were told to take it down.  It has been a week and a half since TC was over, come on Kelli the girls are dying to post a pix on Instagram, they are proud and they want to shout it from the roof top.  Everyone knows who made the team so Kelli not wanting the girls to post anything until they announce it it just heartless.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Then he will follow what they say but the commissioner said he wouldn’t make the choice he is leaving it to the owners 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

FINALLY!! My account has finally been registered I’ve been reading since page 20! 

I agree with the consensus - I think it’s appalling Brennan, Hannah, Lily & Meredith got cut. Brennan and Hannah because they were all around good and great for the organisation, especially Hannah’s dancing. I’ve danced in Pom dance for years in the UK and love Hannah (Amanda & Daphne are also faves of mine) I previously liked VK until I read and saw about last series which I checked into (I didn’t watch last years series) although considering the stuff the girls learn how someone hasn’t taught Victoria to do her make up better I have no idea. Daphne may not be everyone’s cup of tea but she is a really good dancer. 

I can understand why lily and Meredith were cut if there are better TCC’s but still there’s ways things should be done and Kelli is being ridiculous. I wouldn’t be surprised if KaShara at some stage does take over one of their roles. Hopefully there is more backlash to cone from this which would serve TPTB right. Also if Kat is fraternising then yes she should’ve been cut.

I'm based in the UK too but there are no decent dance teams up near me (East Yorkshire) so haven't been able to find a team!

5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL something tells me Jerry wouldn't simply accept that.

It’s going to be miserable there anyways every an all doors roof everything will be opened and kept open