Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Will they even have 4 group leaders?  How many decks can they dance on?  Perhaps they will only have two group leaders considering they will only be able to dance on the upper decks and not on the field.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Hi everyone, I had a death in my family so I am just now seeing that Brennan was cut. WTH?! She got cut because she was recovering from Covid? Geez give her a break. When Janelle went to Australia to get her visa and ended up having an emergency surgery, she didn’t come back 100% at first either and she even made show group that day. WTF is wrong with those in power? She was a great ambassador for the team and so well spoken. Cutting her was plain dirty. I love that her teammates left supportive posts on her insta. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Kate2006 said:

Hi everyone, I had a death in my family so I am just now seeing that Brennan was cut. WTH?! She got cut because she was recovering from Covid? Geez give her a break. When Janelle went to Australia to get her visa and ended up having an emergency surgery, she didn’t come back 100% at first either and she even made show group that day. WTF is wrong with those in power? She was a great ambassador for the team and so well spoken. Cutting her was plain dirty. I love that her teammates left supportive posts on her insta. 

Her and Hannah got cut for raising concerns 

On 8/28/2020 at 4:15 PM, imacrumb said:

personally I think Lily should’ve made it the year before

Agreed.  It’s not a popular opinion here, but I believe Alexandria took Brennan’s spot three years ago and Brennan took Lily’s spot two years ago.  Last year, they expanded the team to make it right.  This year, they cut them both.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Kate2006 said:

Hi everyone, I had a death in my family

I'm so sorry:(  

5 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

So lily set the record straight abt how people were telling people on her ig post she got cut for raising concerns about the bubble 

Classy gal to tell the truth and admit that wasn't what happened to her.

• Love 20

Alanna deserves a better photo. She's the only one looking over her shoulder to the point where you can't really see her face. 

I'm sorry, but I call BS on Brennan having COVID twice. I'm just guessing here, but my guess is that she came down with it one verified time and was sick another time and just guessed it was COVID again (or reflected back on a previous time she felt sick and determined it was COVID as well). 

I do love that Lily spoke up about her cut not being COVID related. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, abracadabra said:

Alanna deserves a better photo. She's the only one looking over her shoulder to the point where you can't really see her face. 

I'm sorry, but I call BS on Brennan having COVID twice. I'm just guessing here, but my guess is that she came down with it one verified time and was sick another time and just guessed it was COVID again (or reflected back on a previous time she felt sick and determined it was COVID as well). 

I do love that Lily spoke up about her cut not being COVID related. 

There have been several documented cases of getting Covid twice now in a lot of countries. Which means there are many more undocumented cases.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yes, note the “for me personally.”

I really don’t think they will allow the COVID situation be divulged as the reason for any cuts.  It puts DCC in a bad light .  It will be all about supporting diversity (which if that were true would be wonderful) and the newbies are “stronger” per the usual yearly rhetoric .   But still doesn’t explain the Kats/Lisa’s of the team not being cut ( wait except they are diversity despite being disliked by Most of the teammates in Lisa’s case)

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, forumborum said:

I really don’t think they will allow the COVID situation be divulged as the reason for any cuts.  It puts DCC in a bad light .  It will be all about supporting diversity (which if that were true would be wonderful) and the newbies are “stronger” per the usual yearly rhetoric .   But still doesn’t explain the Kats/Lisa’s of the team not being cut ( wait except they are diversity despite being disliked by Most of the teammates in Lisa’s case)

Well Hannah already put Out there the reason she was cut 

• Love 10
Just now, Holly85 said:

Well Hannah already put Out there the reason she was cut 

Yes that is the  real reason but they will spin it to be another for the show so they don’t look bad .  Or make it appear they were following rules 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Brennan actually told someone she NEVER tested positive in April when she felt sick, but just thinks the tests were wrong, so a news outlet dropped the story on her claim. (Ask her about April on IG)  But she went to get tested again in June even though she felt good w/ no symptoms only because her (professional soccer athlete 🙄 yes, we know Brennan!) boyfriend tested positive and then she started to feel sick again, but not bad and only for about a week and felt great going into training camp mid-August when asked why she  turned down the 1 day audition offer. 

I liked Brennan, but sounds like she’s flipped the script, only after being cut, like Hannah did and you’re intuition is right.  
K, J , C and CMT are a lot of things but not stupid, and would never cut someone for something so negatively controversial, especially after the recent Erica lawsuit drama.   In my opinion, the  “mob”  hasn’t thought this through very well!  

So your saying that all vets had the opportunity to do a one day audition instead of going into the bubble ? 

1 hour ago, Dr. Donna said:

Some women go into this solely worried about making the team while others go into knowing they are also a reality tv contestant. 

This screams Marissa to me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Yes they said all vets had option of one day audition or waiting and coming back with vet ranking into training camp next year.  I think waiting to next year was actually offered to rookies and vets. Jaycie decided to wait to next year and some cut rookies wish they had too.  

Basically opting out like the nfl players did 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Brennan actually told someone she NEVER tested positive in April when she felt sick, but just thinks the tests were wrong, so a news outlet dropped the story on her claim. (Ask her about April on IG)  But she went to get tested again in June even though she felt good w/ no symptoms only because her (professional soccer athlete 🙄 yes, we know Brennan!) boyfriend tested positive and then she started to feel sick again, but not bad and only for about a week and felt great going into training camp mid-August when asked why she  turned down the 1 day audition offer. 

I liked Brennan, but sounds like she’s flipped the script, only after being cut, like Hannah did and you’re intuition is right.  
K, J , C and CMT are a lot of things but not stupid, and would never cut someone for something so negatively controversial, especially after the recent Erica lawsuit drama.   In my opinion, the  “mob”  hasn’t thought this through very well!  

After all the pages and pages of posts here I have to ask bc I don't honestly remember, did Brennan herself say she'd had Covid twice or was that brought up by an insider? Secondly even if she did say it, it doesn't sound like flipping the script to me. She suspected she had it though testing negative and I've seen other stories like this, there is one of an ER doc who had all the symptoms, her ER doc hubby had it and tested positive, her son tested positive after she was his sole caretaker for a few weeks, and yet she tested negative four times. Brennan could easily have tested negative and had it then had a relapse in June. I've also seen other stories of people having relapses. So not flipping the script. She does say in her IG post about being cut that she felt fine, no matter whether she truly did or not we'll never see the truth on the show bc they'll show every little instance of her being tired or out of breath. She might have been just fine and truly was cut bc Kelli needed the drama and I totally believe that but unless some girls recorded things they release after they're off the team or someone from production comes right out and says it we won't know. The fact that so many of her team members are supporting her says a LOT to me though.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Dr. Donna said:

Newbie here!

Lily clearly got cut because her personality was perfect for reality tv punishment: she did whatever was asked of her, never challenged or argued about her critiques, and responded to every challenge with grace, vulnerability, and open honest emotion. They wouldn’t have gotten away with treating Kat the same way, the only other possible candidate for that treatment, because she understood the game. 

She earned her spot last year. Her sticker chart showed her at equal standing to Kristen and Taylor P. However, the drama of taking her into the office on the last night again was too tempting. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of her “faults” were suggested by producers, since they knew her reaction would be heart tugging to viewers. My guess is they weren’t getting what they wanted from interviews from girls at a similar level and adjusted story arcs accordingly.

With that in mind, I wouldn’t be surprised if they brought her and Meredith in at the same time and cut them together. Both girls were treated like story arcs instead of dancers. The only difference is Lily may have lasted longer if this was just about cheerleading and Meredith may not have made it at all.

Some women go into this solely worried about making the team while others go into knowing they are also a reality tv contestant. 

First paragraph, last sentence. Kat was going to take quite a few others with her on the way out-that included a few of the golden children. So Judy and Kelli took the easy PR way out, while destroying team morale.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

First paragraph, last sentence. Kat was going to take quite a few others with her on the way out-that included a few of the golden children. So Judy and Kelli took the easy PR way out, while destroying team morale.

Take out by revealing "insider info" about said golden children?

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Yes they said all vets had option of one day audition or waiting and coming back with vet ranking into training camp next year.  I think waiting to next year was actually offered to rookies and vets. Jaycie decided to wait to next year and some cut rookies wish they had too.  

Do you know when they are suppose to start practicing as a team and how they will do it 

1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

So who would Kat have taken with her if she’d been booted? I don’t think anyone especially her own year would’ve walked had she been booted, they love being on the team too much and having vet status to have walked. They’re just keeping Kat as it’s showing diversity and last year they obsessed over her looks and kept saying “she’s so exotic” 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dr. Donna said:

Newbie here!

Lily clearly got cut because her personality was perfect for reality tv punishment: she did whatever was asked of her, never challenged or argued about her critiques, and responded to every challenge with grace, vulnerability, and open honest emotion. They wouldn’t have gotten away with treating Kat the same way, the only other possible candidate for that treatment, because she understood the game. 

She earned her spot last year. Her sticker chart showed her at equal standing to Kristen and Taylor P. However, the drama of taking her into the office on the last night again was too tempting. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of her “faults” were suggested by producers, since they knew her reaction would be heart tugging to viewers. My guess is they weren’t getting what they wanted from interviews from girls at a similar level and adjusted story arcs accordingly.

With that in mind, I wouldn’t be surprised if they brought her and Meredith in at the same time and cut them together. Both girls were treated like story arcs instead of dancers. The only difference is Lily may have lasted longer if this was just about cheerleading and Meredith may not have made it at all.

I wish I could like your perspicacious post a hundred times. Lily jumped into the DCC rabbit hole without any other objective than following her dream of dancing and Kat, well Kat didn’t.

Is it really horrible that Kat knew how she could navigate through the minefields? I think it is wonderful that Lily jumped in like she did. It makes me like her more. It doesn’t make me dislike Kat. I do not think people are supposed to be saints.

• Love 4

If I were Hannah and wanted to give TBTP a major headache, I would sue for reckless endangerment. I would allege, that TBTP were the only team that did tryouts this year, with inadequate safety protocols (that weren't even enforced), because they wanted to produce reality TV. According to one poster the TCC were supposed to quarantine in the two weeks prio to them entering the bubble, but many did not do it. Kelly and Co. can claim plausible deniability for those that did not post about them breaking the quarantine on the Instagram-accounts, however DCC-Lisa and her post about teaching a dance-camp in Arizona is a major liability for them. I read on this board, that all DCC and TCC have  to follow a certain account, that monitors their posts, so it should been known by TPTB, that Lisa was breaking quarantine. Honestly, I do not know, why they let her enter the bubble. Does she have so much influence as BFF of VK? If I were in Kelly's shoes I would have cut her for that stunt. (It would have even made good reality TV 🤣)

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, CarolinD said:

If I were Hannah and wanted to give TBTP a major headache, I would sue for reckless endangerment. I would allege, that TBTP were the only team that did tryouts this year, with inadequate safety protocols (that weren't even enforced), because they wanted to produce reality TV. According to one poster the TCC were supposed to quarantine in the two weeks prio to them entering the bubble, but many did not do it. Kelly and Co. can claim plausible deniability for those that did not post about them breaking the quarantine on the Instagram-accounts, however DCC-Lisa and her post about teaching a dance-camp in Arizona is a major liability for them. I read on this board, that all DCC and TCC have  to follow a certain account, that monitors their posts, so it should been known by TPTB, that Lisa was breaking quarantine. Honestly, I do not know, why they let her enter the bubble. Does she have so much influence as BFF of VK? If I were in Kelly's shoes I would have cut her for that stunt. (It would have even made good reality TV 🤣)

Amber should of been cut to for going to Mexico 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

They would be assured of a spot in TC, but no guarantee they would make the squad.  They could be cut out of revenge for deferring the year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Anduril said:

What happened?

Breaking contract rules. Fraternizing with players. Typical stuff, trying out for pro teams just to get next to players and secure a meal ticket. One of these girls is going to have a crappy 2020 once they realize their boy toy is keeping a secret. This one can’t be kept. The news will break the poor girls heart. Guess that’s what happens when you deal with men who aren’t exactly available. Then again, maybe what I’ve heard is just a rumor. Maybe not. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

If there was ever a season to get rid of “golden children,” this would be it. Ugh!

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, rungirl46 said:

I'm curious why you outed Kat but didn't name the other DCC's who are fraternizing?  Or is there something about Kat that makes her situation unique?

I’m confused as well. Personally, I don’t need to know the other girls’ names. The sex lives of consenting adults isn’t my business, but it was portrayed as if it was a huge deal that Kat was not being cut for fraternizing. However, it seems like it’s a more widespread issue (which is actually not surprising), and Kat isn’t the only one getting a break on this.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Where did you receive this information?  Heard something completely different from someone close to a DCC that those options weren’t available to everyone   

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

From Cassie 

She gave approval to post it... I asked her opinion about everything that was going on.
~~~~~~~

I’ve been wanting to speak on it, but I didn’t think anyone cared about my opinion haha. Soooo... my biggest frustration is that the girls who were cut kind of made it seem like they were forced to go in the bubble. They actually had a choice. They 100% did not have to go. Their cuts had NOTHING to do with their opinions on the whole situation.... it was regular dcc stuff- dancing, attitude in previous years as a dcc, look, etc... that’s the name of the game! I just hate that Kelli and my mom are getting a bad rap because they were just doing their jobs! And when the girls who were cut claimed that the bubble was “unsafe”- CMT shelled out hundreds of thousands of dollars to hire a health group to regularly test the girls, they had a Covid “coach,” they rented out an entire tower of the Gaylord, and every single person had to test negative 3 weeks in a row to enter the bubble. It’s insane to accuse them of putting their lives at risk The test that came back “positive” that shut down production on the last day, turned out to be a false positive. 
I just feel that they are being scrutinized because a couple girls have a bad taste in their mouth after being cut. My rookie year, they cut 5 vets.... it happens.

Sorry, I don’t believe her BS one bit. She drinks the kool aid in high doses daily. She is protecting her mother and that ridiculous organization.   I saw multiple photos where both her mother and Kelli had no masks on while watching the TCC dance. Hmm...tell me, why did production shut down early?  Cassie, the organization  that you defend was reckless in holding TC during a global pandemic  

57 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Oh fuck Cassie! Of course she's going to defend the precious organization. 

I agree! That girl is protecting the organization that her mother makes a great deal of money from.  I don’t believe Hannah made this up because she was cut. 

Edited by Carnival Girl
  • Love 20

Hannah does seem like a take no BS person, so I can see how she would rub Kelli the wrong way. But ugggggh, such a loss.

I will say, a giant part of DCC is marketing, which is why there’s a calendar, a reality show, etc. So weaker dancers that are popular on social media are going to be kept over others. If all other things are equal, why cut Kat with 31k followers when you can cut Lily who has less than 16k but who had plenty of on air time. VK has almost 43k, Hannah has 15k. Brennan has 20k. Granted, Kat probably had some followers from Charlotte, but she plays the whole game. 

I think so many genuinely want to be a DCC, love the Cowboys, etc, but most want the whole package deal. 

Hannah you want on your dance team because she’s amazingly gifted, and gorgeous for the shoot. Kat is okay at dancing at the 7-8 games, but probably high demand for appearances because she’s insanely extraverted and will probably post about it five times on social. It’s a booster for whoever hires her on an appearance. AND gorgeous for the photo shoot. 

When Kelli mixes get bouquet, even for show group, she’s got her killer dancers and her okay dancers with big followers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

From Cassie 

She gave approval to post it... I asked her opinion about everything that was going on.
~~~~~~~

I’ve been wanting to speak on it, but I didn’t think anyone cared about my opinion haha. Soooo... my biggest frustration is that the girls who were cut kind of made it seem like they were forced to go in the bubble. They actually had a choice. They 100% did not have to go. Their cuts had NOTHING to do with their opinions on the whole situation.... it was regular dcc stuff- dancing, attitude in previous years as a dcc, look, etc... that’s the name of the game! I just hate that Kelli and my mom are getting a bad rap because they were just doing their jobs! And when the girls who were cut claimed that the bubble was “unsafe”- CMT shelled out hundreds of thousands of dollars to hire a health group to regularly test the girls, they had a Covid “coach,” they rented out an entire tower of the Gaylord, and every single person had to test negative 3 weeks in a row to enter the bubble. It’s insane to accuse them of putting their lives at risk The test that came back “positive” that shut down production on the last day, turned out to be a false positive. 
I just feel that they are being scrutinized because a couple girls have a bad taste in their mouth after being cut. My rookie year, they cut 5 vets.... it happens.

@Holly85 , I appreciate you asking her. I may not agree with her on many things, but she did add some information we may not have known already.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, Lona said:

I mean if that’s the opinion she wants go with, I couldn’t disagree more. In Hannah they had an extraordinarily gifted dancer and really great look. Beautiful both inside and out. And as for “attitude in previous years,” I can only assume that didn’t mean her, because there hasn’t been any indication that was an issue in seasons past. 

I’ll let others defend Meredith, Lily and Brennan  but Hannah’s cut still leaves me confused, sad and angry.

I agree with you on all your points except one: Hannah’s look was not really great. Great is something else. Great is Rachel and Kat. Nicole Bulcher and Danielle Barhold. Kinzie and Katy. Ashton and Alyssa. Maggie Rouse and Tasha Cruz.

The fact that Hannah’s look isn’t really great doesn’t disqualify Hannah as a great courageous person who is a hell of a dancer, nor is a good justification for cutting her, but just like Amy L, Hannah has an acquired taste look.

There, I said it.

What really doesn’t make sense is cutting Hannah and have Marissa join the team and SG. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5