Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Deweymom said:

Rachel W does nothing for me.  She seems to have a blank stare much of the time and is almost apologetic for being there.  She seems timid.  I just don't see the draw with her.  Unpopular opinion, I'm sure.🙃

I feel the same way.  Just don’t see the draw at all.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Someone in Tess’s group tested positive. 

Was training camp supposed to go longer but got cut short because of the positive test? and they decided to announce the team via Zoom early / make those Vet cuts all at the same time?

It did seem weird that they announced the team midweek when I thought training camp had a number of days left. Or maybe I was confused?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

My problem with Rachel W is how unapologetically homophobic she is (she was quite disrespectful to Jinelle). 

Let's hope that she has grown as a person since being exposed to more of the LGBTQ+ community & made things right with Jinelle behind closed doors. I really can not imagine her being DIRECTLY ugly to anyone, maybe making snide comments behind her back, but I doubt she name called or said disrespectful things to Jinelle's face or in her presence. Rachel W isn't the bully of the team, and we all know that. Even if we don't agree with her perceptions or beliefs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, MSgal said:

Let's hope that she has grown as a person since being exposed to more of the LGBTQ+ community & made things right with Jinelle behind closed doors. I really can not imagine her being DIRECTLY ugly to anyone, maybe making snide comments behind her back, but I doubt she name called or said disrespectful things to Jinelle's face or in her presence. Rachel W isn't the bully of the team, and we all know that. Even if we don't agree with her perceptions or beliefs.

I sincerely hope that she would have grown from having more exposure to the LGBTQ community, however I must admit purely from my perception of her (the show, social media etc) she seems the type to 'believe what she knows' so what she's grown up with is her truth and it isn't likely to change. 

I also think an important thing to remember is that regardless of whether something is said to someone's face or behind the scenes it's still bullying if it's repeated. I can't think of any circumstance where homophobic behaviour towards a team mate/staff wouldn't be toxic so I think it would be a no go for any candidate in any type of workplace, personally.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Was training camp supposed to go longer but got cut short because of the positive test? and they decided to announce the team via Zoom early / make those Vet cuts all at the same time?

It did seem weird that they announced the team midweek when I thought training camp had a number of days left. Or maybe I was confused?

It was supposed to go longer, but only a day or so more remained.  But they shut it down with the positive test.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I agree, I think she’s so pretty. I know some people don’t think she’s the best dancer, but I think she’s good. She also seems to have really good relationship with all of the girls. But mostly, I admire her for being so beautiful on the inside as well. She’s the one I talked to about my anorexia when she did eating disorder awareness for My Cause My Boots. Idk maybe I’m bias haha

I am biased too. I’m #TeamSavvy

There are several things to consider, not only the ability to dance.

Gina is a great, great dancer but she underperforms in other area’s. Savannah has such high scores on almost all other areas except dancing, that it would be crazy to cut her for her dancing. Crazy things have happened these past weeks but among reasonable people it would be strange to advocate for a veteran cut like Savannah.

Edited by Pau84
Typo
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I am biased too. I’m #TeamSavvy

There several things to consider, not only the ability to dance.

Gina is a great, great dancer but she underperforms in other area’s. Savannah has such high scores on almost all other areas except dancing, that it would be crazy to cut her for her dancing. Crazy things have happened these past weeks but among reasonable people it would be strange to advocate for a veteran cut like Savannah.

I like Savannah as well...she's not my favorite, but she seems genuinely sweet.  By this point, we all know, if she had whispered a single word of concern, she would have been out of there 😞 

• Love 7

Maybe I’m just bitter today.. do the girls just pass around a template for retiring/cut posts like this? They all sound the same, I can’t tell if it’s strong koolaid or true for some. Hannah’s was refreshing to say the least (still upset about that one). 😒

• Love 21
2 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

Meredith just posted on Instagram. Doesn't sound like her cut was too controversial from what she's said.

She probably knew why she was cut and expected it.  I think she would have been more surprised to make it for a second year then if she were cut.  It's still heartbreaking for all the girls cut.  I wouldn't be surprised if Hannah left like Meagan F. did her last Training Camp and, as such (as well as the circumstances involved), I also wouldn't be surprised if Hannah's cut wasn't shown or an attempt is made to spin it in such a way that it favors the DCC as much as possible.  I don't think Meredith will re-audition as I'm pretty sure she knew she BARELY made it onto the squad as it is.  Also, said post sounds like she's looking forward, moving on and not looking to go back.  Besides, why would she go back to a team that just booted her?  I could see her going back if SHE had made the decision to leave, but not when she was cut.

Frankly, I don't think Kelli would allow any veteran to return to the team if they'd been cut.  It wouldn't suit her purposes.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 16

I am thinking the end cuts were done like at the end of tryouts...everyone was “sitting” there but on screen and they just announced the names of the new team and if your name wasn’t called that was how the last 4 cuts went down?  Or was there a phone call before hand to the TCC who were cut and then on the announcement you had to look to see who wasn’t on the call?  

8 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I agree, I think she’s so pretty. I know some people don’t think she’s the best dancer, but I think she’s good. She also seems to have really good relationship with all of the girls. But mostly, I admire her for being so beautiful on the inside as well. She’s the one I talked to about my anorexia when she did eating disorder awareness for My Cause My Boots. Idk maybe I’m bias haha

I agree with you.  I have always like Savannah.  I think she is beautiful, very well spoken and seems to be a very good friend and teammate.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Jazzmom said:

I am thinking the end cuts were done like at the end of tryouts...everyone was “sitting” there but on screen and they just announced the names of the new team and if your name wasn’t called that was how the last 4 cuts went down?  Or was there a phone call before hand to the TCC who were cut and then on the announcement you had to look to see who wasn’t on the call?  

Meredith was cut on a diffrent day 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

My problem with Rachel W is how unapologetically homophobic she is (she was quite disrespectful to Jinelle). 

Please spill more so I have an even bigger reason to dislike her. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Very nicely written but she looks like Max Headroom. I never saw her appeal unfortunately.

I agree. She's got those striking eyes, but I just don't think her face is as pretty as so many people do. She's not a stunner to me. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Frankly, I don't think Kelli would allow any veteran to return to the team if they'd been cut.  It wouldn't suit her purposes.

IDK, if they bowed down in worship and humiliated themselves enough she might take them back to show how kind and generous she is. But they wouldn't last more than a season. 

• Love 2

Meredith does seem like a total sweetheart, and I am super into the lip color she’s wearing in that pic. I’m glad she got to experience being a DCC for a year, and hope she’s able to continue her dance career in some other way if that’s what she wants. She did seem strong in her own style, and of course is absolutely beautiful. 

• Love 20
6 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I cannot forget her wanting her celeb dinner to be with PAULA DEEN and defending that kind of racist shit. Plus I think she comes off more plastic than Lacey or Sydney. 

• Love 15
On 8/25/2020 at 8:02 AM, SmpIsimon said:

We should add the list the way Kelli kept openly calling out Colby for having had botox (before even asking her about it), which Colby denied in a way that I thought was super believable.  Kelli is truly a mean girl.

Can you imagine Kelli and Tina during their days of TCC/DCC, and their behavior towards the others ?   I can't imagine those two and their chosen "clique" -IF there were any others that they allowed to be inclusive alongside of them.   Of course, Tina would have been barely scraping by with the other "blenders" if not being up her bestie Kelli's #**!!     Then you have to look at someone like Kelli.   Many girls don't want their bff to be their equal.....it's so often they prefer a much weaker "follower" that will worship that friend and go along with "all the dirty work" and throwing them under the bus !!   I can't imagine Tina being anything other than a total goober -just by the way she acts now, at her age! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think a lot of vets get cut and think, "I'll just re-audition next year!"  But they then get some distance from things and slowly begin to realize how much happier they are without that constant bullshit and drama in their lives, and they ultimately decide they're better off.  In other words, I think the relatively small number of vets who re-audition after being cut tells us something about that work environment.  

I think they remember how good food tastes and decided not to have to go back to a water and diet pill diet! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
54 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think a lot of vets get cut and think, "I'll just re-audition next year!"  But they then get some distance from things and slowly begin to realize how much happier they are without that constant bullshit and drama in their lives, and they ultimately decide they're better off.  In other words, I think the relatively small number of vets who re-audition after being cut tells us something about that work environment.  

I completely agree with a lot of it.  As for the small number of vet who re-audition (at least in the years that the show has been on) shows that the current work environment is NOT one that most want to continue to experience.  I wonder why they would do it as I have a VERY hard time seeing why they would want to knowingly jump back into the toxic soup when there are so many other opportunities that they could enjoy WITHOUT Kelli and the DCC.

38 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

IDK, if they bowed down in worship and humiliated themselves enough she might take them back to show how kind and generous she is. But they wouldn't last more than a season. 

If they had to humiliate themselves that much to get back on the squad, I doubt they would do it, especially if they knew they might last only a season, if that.  There is NOTHING about being a DCC that would induce me to audition in the first place, much less debase myself just for someone's sick pleasure and to stroke their ego.  Come to think of it, we've seen only 2 cut vets that were cut after season 2 or 3 that have returned to audition.  From what we've heard, it seems that vets coming back to re-audition (and actually making it) were much more common before the television show.  

• Love 10

Our not so favorite Vivian said in one of her podcasts "Kelli shatters lives for ratings".  Kelli took Sheridan for a comeback story this year because it would be good for ratings since her mom had cancer.  She cut Meredith for ratings even though she danced better than others on the team that are allowed to sleep with the players, is loved by her teammates, never does things to embarrass the organization and is very kind.  This year was a struggle for CMT to get the drama they needed for rating so Kelli needed to "shatter" more lives.  Cut Hannah, Brennan and Lily.  Poof --  gone.  Kelli has not taken enough WOC in the past and she knew she better this year so she favored all the WOC for ratings.  She should have been putting them on the team long before this!!!!  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, KoKo said:

Can you imagine Kelli and Tina during their days of TCC/DCC, and their behavior towards the others ?   I can't imagine those two and their chosen "clique" -IF there were any others that they allowed to be inclusive alongside of them.   Of course, Tina would have been barely scraping by with the other "blenders" if not being up her bestie Kelli's #**!!     Then you have to look at someone like Kelli.   Many girls don't want their bff to be their equal.....it's so often they prefer a much weaker "follower" that will worship that friend and go along with "all the dirty work" and throwing them under the bus !!   I can't imagine Tina being anything other than a total goober -just by the way she acts now, at her age! 

Ohhhhhhh I hadn't even thought of that, OMG can you imagine the two of them together especially the way they behave now. OMG Kelli probably thought, as my nana would say, that she was the bees knees, hell she still does. They were probably so awful. I LOATHE Tina for that comment about Chandler looking like a grandma. Ummm TK, have you seen your daughters teeth? People like Kelli & TK are the most insecure unhappy people in the world who make themselves feel good by putting others down. I'm a proud girls girl and will always lift my sisters up, i'm the girl Kelli claims she is...

• Love 14
2 hours ago, KoKo said:

image.png.00ee1f3de1f0252bb19a517846189b2d.png

• Love 9
On 8/25/2020 at 12:12 PM, 5678Pixie said:

This is TCC Tori, Tara and Kash.  You can clearly see that Tori should have made the team.  Can't help from wonder if she would have been from a different state she would have made the team.  Kelli likes to be able to say the girls come from all states.  One more thing about Kelli that she is really unfair about.  How does she justify cutting Tori, Brennan and Hannah for the team she picked this year, it  is very disturbing.  

I have a girl crush on tori. The girl can do no wrong. I feel like she is vet status. Not sure why she was cut 

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Ohhhhhhh I hadn't even thought of that, OMG can you imagine the two of them together especially the way they behave now. OMG Kelli probably thought, as my nana would say, that she was the bees knees, hell she still does. They were probably so awful. I LOATHE Tina for that comment about Chandler looking like a grandma. Ummm TK, have you seen your daughters teeth? People like Kelli & TK are the most insecure unhappy people in the world who make themselves feel good by putting others down. I'm a proud girls girl and will always lift my sisters up, i'm the girl Kelli claims she is...

Yes, that incident with Chandler made my stomach turn !!  How in the ^&**  can TK barge in, make such a crappy comment without any thought or consideration.  Classless.   In fact, she's an embarrassment to me everytime she's on the show in any way representing DCC - or Texas - for that matter.   

When she was with the other Alumni for the workshop a couple of seasons ago, again, she babbles with not a bit of integrity.   While the others were giving feedback and constructive criticism, she really had no words of wisdom, but she was SURE AS HELL gonna have something to say.  I usually mute her. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

She cut Meredith for ratings even though she danced better than others on the team that are allowed to sleep with the players

Thank you! 💙

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, KoKo said:

Yes, that incident with Chandler made my stomach turn !!  How in the ^&**  can TK barge in, make such a crappy comment without any thought or consideration.  Classless.   In fact, she's an embarrassment to me everytime she's on the show in any way representing DCC - or Texas - for that matter.   

When she was with the other Alumni for the workshop a couple of seasons ago, again, she babbles with not a bit of integrity.   While the others were giving feedback and constructive criticism, she really had no words of wisdom, but she was SURE AS HELL gonna have something to say.  I usually mute her. 

Wow you nailed TK, just spot on!!! As i was reading your comment I thought, bingo, that's why Kelli likes her, bc TK clearly worships Kelli & is her puppet mouthpiece... shame on these "ladies" 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I got the impression from Brennan's post that a specific convo happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm a few pages behind on catching up, but here are some random thoughts:

Brennan: As much as I love Brennan and think her cut was inappropriate, the "COVID survivor" angle doesn't do much for me. Yes, COVID can be horrific, but many people survive. I had COVID in March, and nobody gave a crap. Most of my workplace came down with it. While their reasons for cutting Brennan are likely unfair, they are not obligated to keep someone because she survived COVID.

Favorites: Along with Brennan, Briana, Kristin and Savannah have always been three of my favorites as people.  I'm glad Briana is finally getting the attention she deserves! She's gorgeous, and I love her maturity. I know people don't think much of Kristin and Savannah as dancers, but I do believe Kristin has really fallen under the radar and is an asset to the team. For those who aren't fans of Savannah's dancing, where can I find videos that include the whole team where I can compare her dancing?

I liked Lily as a person, but for those saying Sidney has a manly jawline, where was everyone with Lily? Her underbite is horrific.

Victoria reminds me of Tiffany Trump. 

Unfortunately, if it's attention and publicity that Kelli and Judy hoped for by their recent cuts, they're getting it. We're all here talking about it. I know forums don't translate to TV ratings, but they did, in a way, achieve what they were hoping for. 

Edited by abracadabra
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

Unfortunately, if it's attention and publicity that Kelli and Judy hoped for by their recent cuts, they're getting it. We're all here talking about it. I know forums don't translate to TV ratings, but they did, in a way, achieve what they were hoping for. 

Me personally, I doubt this is the type of attention and publicity they would want.  It's not manifesting in the show's or K&C's favor. 

They are definitely not being perceived in a positive light.  If anything, it makes them look highly insensitive, ignorant & heartless.

But that's just me.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

This is exactly right. Both Kelli and CMT saw this shaping up to be a boring season, and that is why they decided to cut some vets. They know full well that vet cuts are typically the most memorable parts of a season and thus they manufactured these. It’s really disgusting but it fully shows the lengths these people will go to produce a reality show  They don’t even consider the human cost of these decisions. 

Btw, has anyone else noticed that VK didn’t comment on Meredith’s post? Hmmm. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Btw, has anyone else noticed that VK didn’t comment on Meredith’s post? Hmmm. 

Tina will see you posted that and right away go comment on Meredith's for Victoria.  I am sure she controls Victoria's social media. 

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Both Kelli and CMT saw this shaping up to be a boring season,

And you know what. I would've been fine with that. We're in a pandemic after all lol.

• Love 23
On 8/25/2020 at 8:53 AM, hathorlive said:

My friend is a trainer and has horses in most of the big races (Santa Anita, Breeders cup).  Maybe it's an age thing as I tend to see horses who are actively racing.  I've ridden all my life and she's allowed me on two in the entire 25 years we've been friends.  Good to know they mellow out after a while.

Oh, they don't mellow. I got my gelding just off the track and retrained him (dressage). He was always full of himself. Not bad-tempered, just bouncing off the walls enjoying life. I just lost him this year at age 39(!!). He was still mounting mares in his pasture last year. He always thought he was still a sta!lion. (Probably why he lasted so long).😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

This is exactly right. Both Kelli and CMT saw this shaping up to be a boring season, and that is why they decided to cut some vets.

Oh man...I was actually really excited for this season! This was such a short sighted view. They changed up the audition process completely, and there was likely a ton of interesting footage. Plenty of opportunities for first day shit shows, Marshall’s surprised and wide eyes, fashion disasters, etc. Just needed some creative cutting and editing. 

They’ve done a decent job with the veteran vlogs, and that’s good content. There’s a lot of behind the scenes stuff to share in the show, and once they brought in the finalists, still plenty of in studio train wrecks. Strugglers with kick lines. Makeovers. Uniform fittings. Show group auditions. Being around the other girls 24/7 always has some drama. I mean...COME ON. 

Some veteran cuts needed to be made because there were some weaker rookies from last year that were probably locker room favorites but got out danced. We’ve seen that story before but still found a reason to get excited about the newbies. 

As much as I adore Brennan as a teammate and adult in the room, I could have bought that she was out danced by someone nearly a decade younger, ESPECIALLY after recovering from an illness and balancing a full time job. They didn’t need to create drama there. Sheesh. 

And don’t get me started on Hannah and how they did her dirty. But cutting vets from show group? Had a story line there too, and didn’t even have to create it from BS like last year. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Sorry if this has been asked & answered numerous times, but have they announced an ETA for season 15 of the show premiering? Unsure I will watch at this point given recent events... but nonetheless I am curious.

Everything I've seen has said "yet to be renewed or cancelled" 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Everything I've seen has said "yet to be renewed or cancelled" 

Would serve Kelli and Charlotte right if the show got cancelled, then everything they did would have been for naught.  I also hope that cheerleaders are COMPLETELY banned from the field (including the touchdown decks) from ALL NFL games this season.  That way, the team Kelli wanted on the field to perform CAN'T perform without getting the Jones' in trouble with the NFL.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Would serve Kelli and Charlotte right if the show got cancelled, then everything they did would have been for naught.  I also hope that cheerleaders are COMPLETELY banned from the field (including the touchdown decks) from ALL NFL games this season.  That way, the team Kelli wanted on the field to perform CAN'T perform without getting the Jones' in trouble with the NFL.

It was the players who didn’t want them on the field it was part of the agreement with players and the nfl and it doesn’t just effect dcc it effects all squads 

• Love 6