Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I really like her! she’s stunning and a beautiful dancer, deff my fave rookie from what I’ve seen from her dancing videos on Instagram. 

Claire W is an amazing dancer. I'm glad to see she made SG even if they won't be doing many shows. As an ASU alum myself, I am definitely rooting for her. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Tess 

Rachel a 

Lexi 

Gina 

Daphan 

Ashlee 

Caroline 

Rachel w 

Amber   

Kelsey 

Victoria  

Amanda 

Erin 

Chandi 

Maddie 

Clair w

Marissa 

show group 

I noticed there are 17 people....does that mean Hannah could have been #18?  (assuming I'm remembering correctly that SG went up to 18 the last few years).  Also, can anyone tell what vet(s) were cut from SG, but still on the team?

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

I noticed there are 17 people....does that mean Hannah could have been #18?  (assuming I'm remembering correctly that SG went up to 18 the last few years).  Also, can anyone tell what vet(s) were cut from SG, but still on the team?

It was Cianna.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Can’t help but assume Marissa solely made it due to her resemblance to Amy L. The hair, the nose, the gummy smile, the over the top personality. Cringe worthy all around IMO.

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Tess 

Rachel a 

Lexi 

Gina 

Daphan 

Ashlee 

Caroline 

Rachel w 

Amber   

Kelsey 

Victoria  

Amanda 

Erin 

Chandi 

Maddie 

Clair w

Marissa 

show group 

I am thrilled to see Caroline Kelcey and Daph Rachel W back on SG. Gina too, glad they are giving her another go post injury! 

How Tess Rachel A and Vic stay on SG is out of my brain comprehension. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I bet Jerry must be *hitting in his pants knowing that there are cheerleaders who claim all over social media that the Star "bubble" had breaches and flaws.  He's trying so damn hard to get fans into his stadium ($$$$)

https://www.sportscasting.com/jerry-jones-taking-some-heat-for-insisting-fans-will-be-at-dallas-cowboys-games/

Sorry Jerry, I hope no fans are allowed in AT&T Stadium this year.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, Leia1021 said:

Um, long time Thoroughbred owner here. All my horses came off the track. They are not all ill-tempered. They are very sensitive and, yes, can be high-strung. They just need someone experienced to handle them. All of mine were sweethearts, but only sometimes difficult due to high spirits, not ill temper.

Actually off the track thoroughbreds are one of the best horses to own

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LazySuzanne said:

Can’t help but assume Marissa solely made it due to her resemblance to Amy L. The hair, the nose, the gummy smile, the over the top personality. Cringe worthy all around IMO.

I am thrilled to see Caroline Kelcey and Daph Rachel W back on SG. Gina too, glad they are giving her another go post injury! 

How Tess Rachel A and Vic stay on SG is out of my brain comprehension. 

I actually think Rachel A is a very strong dancer and deserves her spot on SG...but that is my opinion.  Tess, Victoria, Ciana and Daphne...those are the current ones I think shouldn't have been on SG last year.  (Never thought Amy should have been on SG period.)  Honestly, I'm not sure Chandi is strong enough to be there unless she turned her game way up.  Erin should have been on SG last year.  Of course, SG won't really matter this season since they will have very limited performances. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 13

Season 13 episode 1 is on local tv here in England right now. Seeing Hannah and Brennan in their prelims is heart wrenching, knowing what is coming for these wonderful ladies. If it wasn't for Jalyn still gracing the 15 stars and the Star I would throw my telly out the window and go live on a desolate island in the Irish sea. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Cltmtt said:

Less than a minute in she does my pet peeve: "I'm so humbled by this." No. You're not humbled. You're honored. You're excited. You're flattered, even. But you are the reverse of humbled. People keep forgetting what that word means.

I cannot stand it as well.

The sentence 'I am humbled' is so full of emotional, relational and cultural complexity and ancient connotations, that almost everyone should avoid it at all cost at the risk of having to explain it, and coming up short. It also comes off as incredible disingenuous. Nelson Mandela or Eli Wiesel could pull it of, not many others. My advise to Marissa: just use "oh, I have no words!"

The first time I saw Marissa I thought she looked like Amy, and let me tell you, that's not a good thing. Oh no, I thought, here we go again! Despair and fear gripped my senses and I involuntarily said out loud: Jesus, Kelli just go for the Nicole Bulchers and the Danielle Barholds, it's not rocket science!

I shouldn't exorcise my Amy anguish on Marissa. What if she is an incredible powerful dancer, what then? I'd be humbled, that's for sure!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Tess 

Rachel a 

Lexi 

Gina 

Daphan 

Ashlee 

Caroline 

Rachel w 

Amber   

Kelsey 

Victoria  

Amanda 

Erin 

Chandi 

Maddie 

Clair w

Marissa 

show group 

What an underwhelming group. It just goes to show how few show stopping dancers they have left on the team. And they go and cut one of those they did have (Hannah). Most of these gals are perfectly fine...but there are only a few I would go out of my way to watch (Erin, Caroline, Gina, Ashlee). I sure miss Bridget.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Bad Example said:

That's only if you're talking straight football.  But the Dallas Cowboys are really worried about being a *brand*, and the cheerleaders are pretty damn essential to that.  

Completely disagree. Even from branding perspective cheerleaders could disappear and the Cowboys would still be most visible team in NFL and keep on playing. Zero comparison in how many Tickets, shirts, merchandise etc are sold based on team not cheerleaders. 

• Love 4

I don't think I will ever get why they picked Marissa.  Especially for SG.  Did she think her new do with waves would fix this? She has an alien look to her.   I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be overly mean but I seriously cannot imagine this on the jumbo HD screen.

ugly marissa_PT.jpg

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 6

No one really cares about cheerleaders, they're there just to look pretty. There's maybe like 1-2 diehards that go to the game just for the cheerleaders, other than that they're there to watch football.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I don't think I will ever get why they picked Marissa.  Especially for SG.  Did she think her new do with waves would fix this? She has an alien look to her.   I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be overly mean but I seriously cannot imagine this on the jumbo HD screen.

ugly marissa_PT.jpg

Yeah, she is seriously not attractive. My husband would call her alien face

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I don't think I will ever get why they picked Marissa.  Especially for SG.  Did she think her new do with waves would fix this? She has an alien look to her.   I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be overtly mean but I seriously cannot imagine this on the jumbo HD screen.

ugly marissa_PT.jpg

She reminds me so much of Christi the one who went to California and was going to be in that show with Holly Powell.

1 hour ago, madmax84 said:

No one really cares about cheerleaders, they're there just to look pretty. There's maybe like 1-2 diehards that go to the game just for the cheerleaders, other than that they're there to watch football.

Cheerleader moms who never quite gave it up?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I have more issues with her hair in that pic than her face, but sounds like that's been corrected.  And it's personal preference, since I've never been a fan of flat ironed and stick straight.  She's not a glamour girl, but seems on par with the other cute or sporty gals they've had along the way.  

I am VERY curious to see the dancing ability that got her onto show group as a rookie, though.  She must have an area she really shines in, because I don't think even clicking quickly with VK would be enough on its own.  

17 hours ago, ClosetDCCFan said:

Has anyone counted how many times she said “um” in this video?  Good grief.  

Nope. I refuse to give this vapid, self-centered twit the hit on YouTube, but I'd guess at least 20.

• Love 7

America's Sweethearts, Wholesome, Honest, Trustworthy, Kind, Sisters wanting and happy for all to succeed, Supportive, Dedicated, Wanting to promote the Brand(not their own)-that is what the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders meant to me. Now? I am not sure what they are or who they are or represent. Please help me with your thoughts.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, El Burro said:

America's Sweethearts, Wholesome, Honest, Trustworthy, Kind, Sisters wanting and happy for all to succeed, Supportive, Dedicated, Wanting to promote the Brand(not their own)-that is what the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders meant to me. Now? I am not sure what they are or who they are or represent. Please help me with your thoughts.

They are definitely not the same type of team that they were 5 years ago.

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Wow DCC not having a good PR week 😂 Meagan Pravden has just released an interview on her body image trauma after Kelli made the infamous thut comment. Love her! https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/meagan-pravden-reflects-on-body-shaming-from-cmts-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-11921926

Interesting tidbit from that article: there’s a pro cheerleading podcast. Where have I been? 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Wow DCC not having a good PR week 😂 Meagan Pravden has just released an interview on her body image trauma after Kelli made the infamous thut comment. Love her! https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/meagan-pravden-reflects-on-body-shaming-from-cmts-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-11921926

Adding to the bad news, I can confirm that someone in "the bubble" did indeed test positive for COVID, forcing a shut down.  And that person was in Tess's group (her training camp group).  

giphy.gif

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 7
13 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Adding to the bad news, I can confirm that someone in "the bubble" did indeed test positive for COVID, forcing a shut down.  And that person was in Tess's group (her training camp group).  

Do you know who it was ? 

21 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Did the person who tested positive make the team?

28 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Thanks for the update, Smpisimon!  I hope the person is okay and that there's some good contact tracing to make sure it doesn't spread further.

6 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I actually think Rachel A is a very strong dancer and deserves her spot on SG...but that is my opinion.  Tess, Victoria, Ciana and Daphne...those are the current ones I think shouldn't have been on SG last year.  (Never thought Amy should have been on SG period.)  Honestly, I'm not sure Chandi is strong enough to be there unless she turned her game way up.  Erin should have been on SG last year.  Of course, SG won't really matter this season since they will have very limited performances. 

I agree about Rachel A, but I'd add Daphne to that list, too - I think she's underrated as a performer.  I couldn't figure out why Erin didn't make SG last year!  She's a better dancer than Tess, Ciana or Victoria, I think.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

giphy.gif

So the plot thickens ... 🤔

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

The moment when I realized Kelli had completely sold out to the reality TV BS was when Kelsey finally made TC and Kelli called her into the office just to ask her about her previous flubs which were televised.  Kelli said things like "aren't you embarrassed?" and "I almost hate to ask you something for fear you'll say something dumb."  Those weren't her exact words, but it was clear to me the whole chat was to get some good sound bites for the show.  Barf.

Can we get that video montage of Kelli’s cold shoulder tops going.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

It was actually a false positive. 

I am intrigued to see how CMT is going to edit several things this year. Including how several rookies made it. I personally still cannot believe they cut Brennan, Lily, and Hannah. Not a single rookie was worth cutting those three over. 

Agree about those vets who were cut. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Wowwww this was HARD to watch. Shame on her! This girl’s body looks just like some of their current dancers if you ask me. They just didn’t like this girl and needed an excuse to cut her. Meanwhile, this season they’re choosing girls with Cro-magnon foreheads and huge noses. Make it all make sense! 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Interesting tidbit from that article: there’s a pro cheerleading podcast. Where have I been? 

I've listened to a few episodes. It's interesting. There's one where Jacie is interviewed and one of the most recent is about body image with Vivian. The host reads a list of things Kelli said about Viv and her body and yeah hearing them all as a list is hard. The host even says she stopped watching the show before Vivian ever tried out bc it was hard to watch and she cheered for Seattle for 5 years.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

I am intrigued to see how CMT is going to edit several things this year. Including how several rookies made it. I personally still cannot believe they cut Brennan, Lily, and Hannah. Not a single rookie was worth cutting those three over. 

Yes, I doubt they want to show that someone tested positive, but I don't see how they can avoid it given that they suddenly had to shut things down -- how else can you explain that?  And, yes, I still cannot believe those three were cut over this rookie class either.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I don't see how they can avoid it given that they suddenly had to shut things down -- how else can you explain that?

They won't, they'll pretend it never happened.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Itswhatisaid said:

Wowwww this was HARD to watch. Shame on her! This girl’s body looks just like some of their current dancers if you ask me. They just didn’t like this girl and needed an excuse to cut her. Meanwhile, this season they’re choosing girls with Cro-magnon foreheads and huge noses. Make it all make sense! 😂

Don't forget the ones with the double chin and really cheap caps on their overbite.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Lona said:

So the plot thickens ... 🤔

Given the responses, I suspect it’s either VK or one of the ones cut.  If it is one that was cut, would that give legal/leverage for cutting her after she tested positive?  Does COVID fall under ADA and discrimination?