Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Aside from Kat, the greatest travesty is that Savannah wasn’t cut. She had a horrible Training Camp and somehow still made the team. It’s never about the best dancer and/or or ambassador. It’s about who strikes Kellis ego the most.

1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

I guess savannah is a butter kisser and Brennan and Hannah aren’t 

Well, I am happy Savvy made it, butt kissing or not.

To be honest, it is not that Brennan and Hannah did not butt kiss, they didn't butt kiss enough. Let's not kid ourselves, it is not like someone can be on the team without butt kissing.

Bridget, Hannah and Brennan didn't retroactively become Snake Plissken all of the sudden.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, TB12 said:

Yessssss.... I still can't figure out how Kat made the team given how she looked in the uniform ESPECIALLY when Kelli cut Colby for being too thin. Colby looked way better in the uniform. I think Kelli was just so enchanted with Kat being a former rhythmic gymnast. There again, Kelli LOVES a title or someone who she thinks she can brag about... 

ITA - Kelli loves collecting new titles that she can add to the list of "we have DCCS who were ___________!" She somehow thinks it adds to the prestige of the world class group but in reality it's less a reflection of the DCC organization and more a reflection of how hard these girls are willing to work to achieve their goals.

6 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Every year Kelli has a pet that should not have made the team and is usually cut the following year. It would appear that it is all for the show. She needs one pet project each year: Gymnast Kat, red head Brennan, Morgan, Meredith, etc. I wonder which TCC was her project for 2020. 

Similarly, it seems like every year there's at least one person who is a good dancer without weight issues who should make the team but Kelli just doesn't like them for some reason and she keeps finding nitpicky reasons to criticize them. Sometimes it's someone she took into training camp because she got outvoted by the other judges during auditions.

On the flip side, she often decides that she likes someone's look so much that she takes them into TC despite their marked lack of dance ability and keeps hoping that they will somehow miraculously learn how to dance well in a few weeks. She was SO stuck on Meagan Flaherty because she decided at auditions that she looked like Julia Roberts. Meagan handled being cut, brought back, and cut again better than I would have, BUT she really shouldn't have made training camp her first year. If you had shown Kelli a video of Meagan dancing with her face and hair blurred out, she never would have made it past open auditions because she danced like a 12 year old in her first jazz class.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

On what planet does Brennan & Hannah get 2 years but the less than mediocre Savannah gets 4?

Yep. Savannah has 4 seasons. More than Megan C., Amy T. and Melissa Wallace just to name a few. I understand those examples weren’t cut, but still so dumbfounding to me lol.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Lona said:

Yep. Savannah has 4 seasons. More than Megan C., Amy T. and Melissa Wallace just to name a few. I understand those examples weren’t cut, but still so dumbfounding to me lol.

In my opinion, I think that TPTB have kept Savannah more so for her looks than her dancing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Million dollar question (in my mind): why the hell did they keep Christina?  Talk about a blender (not to mention the entitled, diva attitude). I was told she would have been cut had Holly not quit, but that still doesn't explain why they kept her for multiple years.

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

31 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

In my opinion, I think that TPTB have kept Savannah more so for her looks than her dancing. 

I think Savannah is attractive, but I always thought her long tenure was due to team chemistry. She did win ROTY after all.

• Love 15

I was rooting for Tori to make the team.  Watching that video makes me sad because Tori is very talented.  I also love watching Kashara dance.  I know Tori has several friends on the DCC and believe she would have been great.  So much better than anything I have seen from Marissa.  

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I was rooting for Tori to make the team.  Watching that video makes me sad because Tori is very talented.  I also love watching Kashara dance.  I know Tori has several friends on the DCC and believe she would have been great.  So much better than anything I have seen from Marissa.  

Tori got on the wrong side of VK and Lisa.  That's all it takes.  

giphy.gif

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Lona said:

They weren’t cut, but they were all on weight warning. Even though their figures looked sexy as hell in the uniform and much better than the please-feed-her-a-sandwich look certain others have. They could’ve stayed for at least one more year if they weren’t forced to starve themselves to stay “dcc thin”

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

Million dollar question (in my mind): why the hell did they keep Christina?  Talk about a blender (not to mention the entitled, diva attitude). I was told she would have been cut had Holly not quit, but that still doesn't explain why they kept her for multiple years.

I thought I had read (on this forum) that Jenn A choreographed Christina's solos? But they all looked the same to me. If that's the case, Jenn A seems to have a lot of pull w/Kelli (Wasn't she group leader and point?); and I'm not sure Jenn liked Bennan; I think Jenn was even trying to get her cut the year Brennan made the team. I think Brennan had so many people (judges , group leaders, maybe even Kitty C etc.) pulling for Brennan and Kelli dared not cut her the 'third' time ... especially after cutting come back girls, Amy, Kyndall and Meagan. IIRC, and there was some pretty bad blowback when she cut Amy on the last night ... of season 11 (2016 I think.)

I was happy Christina finally made it after trying out 5 times, but I always thought her solos were weak. I saw part of Hannah's and Brennan's solos different year's (Hannah's rocked last year; and I saw a clip of Brennan's her second year, which was v sassy/sexy).  But I agree that you've got to be on Kelli's good side, and most likely 'kiss up.' I remember Kelli being v kind when she cut Christina and she usually doens't have a heart when she cuts people -- she either really had a soft spot for Christina or its all for the camera. After watching all the seasons on Pluto, I actually thougth Kelli was pretty kind in the first couple/three seasons they filmed. So, if its all for the show, its a bad look imo!!!

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

They weren’t cut, but they were all on weight warning. Even though their figures looked sexy as hell in the uniform and much better than the please-feed-her-a-sandwich look certain others have. They could’ve stayed for at least one more year if they weren’t forced to starve themselves to stay “dcc thin”

I heard that VK has never been on weight warning even though her weight fluctuates quite a bit.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, Holly85 said:

Feel better now !!

Only if you spell her name correctly from now on. 

3 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

She had a horrible Training Camp and somehow still made the team. 

What’s new. Had she ever had an ‘okay’ Training Camp? Not good, because I don’t think that’s possible. 

9 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Don't remind me of Kat, i still stand by my statement she is the least attractive DCC ever. (A close second goes to Lisa)

I agree on Kat but to me that title goes to Trisha Trevino and Alli Traylor for 2nd and 3rd 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lona said:

I think Savannah is attractive, but I always thought her long tenure was due to team chemistry. She did win ROTY after all.

Always crazy to me that Savannah won ROTY. Typically, ROTY go on to be future show group, group leaders, point, pro-bowl etc. 

I mean the last few years include Holly A, Jacie, Jenn A., Mary, Kashara, Heather O. with Caroline and Kelsey being most recent. 

Savannah just doesn’t seem to fit with the caliber of these other ladies. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, DAthene said:

That’s because the Golden Child doesn’t gain weight...the scale is just clearly wrong.   

Reminds me of this exchange from Frasier:

image.png.cfad366bb9ad0e7142a9c65fa704692a.png

• LOL 19
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Savannah is a diversity hire - she has red hair!!!

THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN HANNAH'S CUT KELLY????? IE another redhead who is a FAB dancer...

(Not directed at you, just my general frustration with the world, your post just happened to set me off)

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, DAthene said:

That’s because the Golden Child doesn’t gain weight...the scale is just clearly wrong.   

For years I had a scale that said I was around 5-7 pounds lighter than I actually was. Went to the doctor and was shocked at my weight. Dumped that thing in the trash the second I got home. I wonder if they're using that scale for VK now?

• LOL 10
3 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They had one, but it was cut short.  And no word on if there will even be a show.

Ok thanks. That’s what I was wanting to know. I don’t even know if there will be football this year. 

41 minutes ago, Anduril said:

I haven’t read through 53 pages but is there even going to be a training camp this year?

37 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They had one, but it was cut short.  And no word on if there will even be a show.

They never "officially" announced a team either did they?  Remind me again why TC was cut short? I'm glad I went ahead and cancelled my cable package that included CMT.  At least I can still watch the Pluto episodes with my Google account.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

They never "officially" announced a team either did they?  Remind me again why TC was cut short? I'm glad I went ahead and cancelled my cable package that included CMT.  At least I can still watch the Pluto episodes with my Google account.

Someone in Tess’s group tested positive. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stee said:

Savannah is a diversity hire - she has red hair!!!

Please do not give these people any ideas ... 😂

57 minutes ago, javajunkiee said:

It's over.

Yep pretty much sums up my feelings with this show, season and year in general.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

People are disgusted at Kelli's bodyshaming, but people also say-
-"Kat is the least attractive"
-"Lisa doesn't have the DCC body"
-"VK looks like a horse"
How is that any better than Kelli cutting people for their weight/looks? I understanding pointing out potential favoritism, like VK not getting weight warnings while others get cut, that's not an attack, that's a valid point. However, in other instances like with lisa, isn't it a good thing that despite Kelly cut girls with "big thighs" in the past, that she has now allowed some diversity of body size into the team? Why is it a bad thing a shorter, stockier girl like Lisa made the team? Same with selecting Maddie as point, who might not have the traditional "DCC look", and who wouldn't have been point years ago. why is that spoken about like it's a bad thing? It's nice to have someone as point who doesn't look the same as all the other girls, and who is curvier, to show you don't have to be a stick thin blonde barbie to be a good dancer and to succeed.
I am by no means defending Kelli, that's not my intention. I'm no fan of her and disagree with her recent actions. I have no feelings about VK or Lisa either. I just wanted to point out the things said here can be just as harmful as what Kelli is criticised for. Criticizing people's dance and personality is one thing, pointing out double standards like VK's weight gain and not being cut is fair, but to attack girl's based on their appearance, particularly something they can't change,  is exactly what Kelli does and she has harmed the women she's worked with immensely. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Someone in Tess’s group tested positive. 

Do we know who? Did they have to quarantine the entire team? How did I miss this???  I got a "conditional" job offer this week (waiting to hear if it's for sure) and more than likely wouldn't have been able to watch the show when it aired on TV so maybe this was meant to be 🙂

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Do we know who? Did they have to quarantine the entire team? How did I miss this???  I got a "conditional" job offer this week (waiting to hear if it's for sure) and more than likely wouldn't have been able to watch the show when it aired on TV so maybe this was meant to be 🙂

Good luck with the new job!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Plus Christina was the #1 worst at putting herself front and center in all of the group photos and she was so not a top girl. Much worse than VK by miles.

I never minded rhythmic gymnast Kat,  although she was very thin. I don’t think there was another DCC where the belt was bigger than the rest of her shorts. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN HANNAH'S CUT KELLY????? IE another redhead who is a FAB dancer...

(Not directed at you, just my general frustration with the world, your post just happened to set me off)

Can’t have too many redheads. Rookie Claire W is amazing, would loved to have seen her and Hannah do a DCC in motion duet! 

Savannah would look even weaker near both of them! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

I agree on Kat but to me that title goes to Trisha Trevino and Alli Traylor for 2nd and 3rd 

This is indeed the list.
Amy L should be around the 6th place. And Marissa on the 5th. On the 7th place we find the recently retired Christina.

I considered to add a recently cut veteran to this list but that would be insensitive.

15 hours ago, faxtar221 said:

Lol, for a minute I thought everyone was talking about current Kat! I don't think she is one of the best spoken, but she is by far one of the most attractive DCCs ever!

Yes, Kats on the opposite sides of the list.

On 8/25/2020 at 4:36 PM, Lona said:

I agree, I think she’s so pretty. I know some people don’t think she’s the best dancer, but I think she’s good. She also seems to have really good relationship with all of the girls. But mostly, I admire her for being so beautiful on the inside as well. She’s the one I talked to about my anorexia when she did eating disorder awareness for My Cause My Boots. Idk maybe I’m biased haha

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I am glad she had her three years and then chose to retire. She was my favorite. I could relate to her with her hearing issues, her persistence, and, like Brennan, bringing some maturity to the team. I think she was most likely kept on because she was well spoken and could be counted on to do well in interviews, etc. JMO 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Erinbridget said:

I agree, I think she’s so pretty. I know some people don’t think she’s the best dancer, but I think she’s good. She also seems to have really good relationship with all of the girls. But mostly, I admire her for being so beautiful on the inside as well. She’s the one I talked to about my anorexia when she did eating disorder awareness for My Cause My Boots. Idk maybe I’m bias haha

I love her.  She is my fave. Along with Gina.  Savvy's beauty seems to be inside and out....I'm a sucker for the red heads.  IMHO, she's the prettiest since Brittney Schramm and she was a blonde!!  To each their own, I guess.  Hannah was one of the prettiest on the team as well.  But, hey, what do I know? 😁

Rachel W does nothing for me.  She seems to have a blank stare much of the time and is almost apologetic for being there.  She seems timid.  I just don't see the draw with her.  Unpopular opinion, I'm sure.🙃

Edited by Deweymom
  • Love 17