Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Kelli is a control freak.  She wouldn't let the TCCs post any pix and they were not allowed to post when they made the team.  Any of their friends or family members that posted anything were told to take it down.  It has been a week and a half since TC was over, come on Kelli the girls are dying to post a pix on Instagram, they are proud and they want to shout it from the roof top.  Everyone knows who made the team so Kelli not wanting the girls to post anything until they announce it it just heartless.  

She's probably still hoping the show will air and doesn't want spoilers to ruin it🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL something tells me Jerry wouldn't simply accept that.

Jerry has sued before to get what he wants. He is one of the most opinionated and vocal owners out there, and not in a good way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

I don’t event know where to jump in because there are so many points I want to reply to lol.

Bridget was the last girl with that “it” factor for me. She would’ve been a fantastic group leader, point, and pro bowl representative for DCC. 

Most of these girls that are left don’t have what she and past girls had (Melissa W., Jenna,  Erica). I am NOT saying the girls on the team are lacking in talent or beauty but my goodness, they all seem like the same person to me. I feel like we are just settling at this point for GL, show group, and point. 

The only bunch I am excited to see for however many years they have left are Amanda, Briana, Jada (based on what they have shared), and Kelcey. I truly forget about the other girls until someone brings them up or I’m just not seeing the hype (Maddie, Gina... please don’t kill me, Caroline).

This season is a hot mess. I predicted Meredith and Lily getting cut considering they barely made it last year (personally I think Lily should’ve made it the year before). Brennan and Hannah were robbed of their season. 

Ok that’s it for now 👋🏼

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Again, I guess we'll see, I have a feeling there will be a "no fan" proclamation.

I had tickets to the Atlanta game (bought way before now when we thought there was an end in sight), and they were canceled a month ago. Not sure if they were doing that for all fans or slowly starting to wittle down the numbers.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, itsweird said:

I think Maddie would look so much better in a uniform like the Patriots cheerleaders (the actual cheerleader looking/not stripper looking ones).  And, it would be less of a moral conflict.  I think that's all part of what confuses me about her. 

(First time poster here, so forgive me if I'm not doing this quoting stuff right.) 

I'm confused as to why Maddie is getting comments over the uniform when it seems like practically everyone associated with the team spouts bible verses and references their religion in various ways.  Like...shouldn't they all basically be seen as hypocrites/in moral conflict, in that case?  I'm not sure what's special about her case, aside from the fact that people seem fascinated that she's a Mormon.  (I've had several Mormon friends, so I don't regard that as particularly interesting, but other people's experiences may be different.)

• Love 22
19 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Speaking of Lauren... I've been waiting for the right time to share these. They're from the MDC Fashion Show (9/15/15). Out of all the women featured in the album, she's certainly the most "covered up".

21460276059_b264d0d319_b.jpg.71c3f16c30376b188fa7915e8db187eb.jpg21620881976_104b67dd4c_b.jpg.60edd618a1a5077090166decc9465dc5.jpg

I truly don't understand Lauren's push for modesty when the NFL uniforms already don't leave much to the imagination. I know that some of the trendy suits expose all kinds of buttcheek (btw, can this trend PLEASE die?), but I'm sure they could honor a request to have a suit that would cover nearly as much as the uniform.  Even with her rocking body, she couldn't make this suit look good.  It's hideous.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I truly don't understand Lauren's push for modesty when the NFL uniforms already don't leave much to the imagination. I know that some of the trendy suits expose all kinds of buttcheek (btw, can this trend PLEASE die?), but I'm sure they could honor a request to have a suit that would cover nearly as much as the uniform.  Even with her rocking body, she couldn't make this suit look good.  It's hideous.

Lol, I was thinking this suit looked great on her. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Catalana said:

(First time poster here, so forgive me if I'm not doing this quoting stuff right.) 

I'm confused as to why Maddie is getting comments over the uniform when it seems like practically everyone associated with the team spouts bible verses and references their religion in various ways.  Like...shouldn't they all basically be seen as hypocrites/in moral conflict, in that case?  I'm not sure what's special about her case, aside from the fact that people seem fascinated that she's a Mormon.  (I've had several Mormon friends, so I don't regard that as particularly interesting, but other people's experiences may be different.)

Because Mormons specifically have a rule about dressing modestly.

26 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Lol, I was thinking this suit looked great on her. 

I like it in an art deco kind of way.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, MonaMechelle said:

Hey y’all! So happy to be here. Long time listener, first time caller 😂

Here are some thoughts that have been a-brewin’ while I waited on my account activation:

I totally see a world where the show storylines play out like this -

Beginning episodes talk about how this camp is so different, this rookie class is so talented, yada yada. They couldn’t possibly deny the opportunity to new girls and world class organizations must push through. Cue Kelli talking to the vets saying they have to be in tip top condition and that she and Judy will have very little tolerance for anything other than absolute perfection.

Cut scenes to K&J watching Brennan dance and make repeated comments about her stamina. Questions if Brennan was responsible in the off season bc how does one get COVID twice. Questions if she could be a good ambassador for the organization. Wonders how long it will take her to recover because the “first game” is in a few weeks! (sarcasm bc good luck football season)

Cut scene again to K commenting on how every factor plays a part in cutting girls. Uniform fittings. “Does Hannah look bottom heavy to you? “Yeah she’s always been that way though.” Group scene of no one wearing a mask but Hannah, or not wanting to be a part of the “not required but required” group settings. Additionally, Hannah talking to K&J about her concerns. Kelli dismisses them as inappropriate and then the rest of camp, Hannah is seen that way in Kelli’s eyes. The combo of the two is lethal.

Lily and Meredith storylines will be more straightforward, they’ll say they were out danced by the rookies.

DISCLAIMER: These are NOT my personal beliefs! Love H&B and wish they hadn’t been cut. I would just be 0% surprised if storylines played out this way. I watch enough reality TV to know that producers don’t care about critics if they aren’t the overwhelming majority. Most of MTT’s fandom will be unspoiled when/if the show airs, which means that they can create whatever narrative they’d like and most would be unsuspecting.

Also, may be an unpopular opinion but you bet your 15 stars that I’ll be watching if the show airs. Many feel like watching will reward bad behavior, but I’m fascinated to see what they will share about this training camp. Why they had it, learn about the rookies, see the vets again, etc. Cutting vets for likes is vile when there was so much more to focus on, but call me a sucker.

Without the show, what’s the point of this board? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/27/2020 at 4:35 PM, lemonbus230 said:

Well-Judy and Kelli have no one to blame but themselves. This is what you get when you reward mediocrity. Everyone in this new 3rd year class may not be everyone’s favorite (I have had vanilla ice cream more exciting that Caroline and Daphne, and Ashlee just is not my style), but their talent and ambassadorship can’t be denied. But Judy and Kelli would rather continue us believe that Tess, Maddie, and Savannah (hell may as well name em all) are the elite of the elite on this team. It is going to take a small miracle by the hands of Jesus himself to keep DCC relevant. And when they have the team to do it, they highlight Maddie, Victoria, and Daphne. Or whatever other bland trio they choose that day. To stay relevant these women need voices and to be thought leaders. And yet you go through their social media, both personal and dcc, and all you see is ads for hair ties and soul cycle. Ok I will shut the hell up now.

So glad someone else said it! I remember when the squads used to hand a lot of standout performers. Caroline is clean but boring, Tess has never caught my eye. I hope Maddie retires after this year. Gina is probably the most technical dancer currently on the squad and I think Lexie, Kelsey and Amanda are fun to watch. 

Can we bring back Maggie, Ashton, Jenn A, Melissa, Samantha, Erica, Jenna, Emma and Holly P?

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

Good question, but some want the show canceled but they want to keep posting here, LOL.

All shows come to an end. We could keep posting about former DCC, but I imagine this board would slow down; or even cease all together, if the show was canceled. Truth? I wouldn't be too heart broken or angry. Not like I was when "Firefly" was canceled.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

FYI on her Instagram she has in wayyyy skimpier 2 piece suits .  So would like to know the rationale for NOT doing the shoot (then should have not been allowed to go)

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, forumborum said:

FYI on her Instagram she has in wayyyy skimpier 2 piece suits .  So would like to know the rationale for NOT doing the shoot (then should have not been allowed to go)

Not that there is anything wrong with being godly maybe she wasn’t all abt god back when she was on the Dolphins like she was and still is when she was on dcc

• Love 2

Considering the current news about the Washington Football team and the video shot without the cheerleaders permission focusing on nsfw nude outtakes from their calendar shoot, props to Lauren for not doing the calendar. Kelli and co didn’t seem to have an issue with her not posing. She was a dancer, not a butt cheek out laying on the beach babe saying “pruuuneee”. 

Edited by dbell1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 8/26/2020 at 5:05 PM, Laurendcc said:

I have a girl crush on tori. The girl can do no wrong. I feel like she is vet status. Not sure why she was cut 

Perhaps it had something to do with media day? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Kelli is a control freak.  She wouldn't let the TCCs post any pix and they were not allowed to post when they made the team.  Any of their friends or family members that posted anything were told to take it down.  It has been a week and a half since TC was over, come on Kelli the girls are dying to post a pix on Instagram, they are proud and they want to shout it from the roof top.  Everyone knows who made the team so Kelli not wanting the girls to post anything until they announce it it just heartless.  

Yeah, that's just super frustrating. Of course, there are many fans who don't know, or want to know, who made the team but I'm willing to bet the vast majority already know 1.) The "drama" surrounding Brennan and Hannah, 2.) the fact they may not even be "cheerleading" this year and 3.), who made the team.

And as for not letting the rookies announce they're part of the team, that's just straight-up cold. These girls have worked SO HARD to get on the squad, even braving a pandemic (as crazy as many believe that is) and deserve to have people give them some type of credit!

• Love 10

To me there’s a big difference between performing in a designated uniform and being told to get 90% naked and be sexy for a calendar shot that lives in perpetuity. And I hadn’t even considered the patient angle. Yikes. Plus, she has control over her own instagram. I appreciate that she wants to own her body in that way.

As for Mormons in skimpy dance  costumes, heavens. Would Dancing with the Stars even exist? The ballroom circuit in the US in shambles. Shouldn’t be much of a surprise that a religious organization makes exceptions to their rules when it suits. Just gotta wear it with grace, y’all!

And while I’m sharing unpopular opinions...Arrowhead (stadium for the KC Chiefs) has designated 22% capacity. Single game tickets were offered to season ticket holders first, with seniority. My number didn’t come up but I don’t think I would have bought them anyway. Tho I do know they’ll clean, I’ll clean, tons of open spaces, etc. it just doesn’t feel responsible. And if I can’t even post my tailgating on insta I might as well enjoy Mahomes from my couch. I swear it’s the most Chiefs thing ever to win a super bowl after 50 years, return 90% of the starters and then WOMP WOMP. I would rather be safe, tho, and I feel for those players all packed in together. Thought it was super cool that the doctor on our team was the first to bail. LDT is a québécois badass in my books! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
18 hours ago, kalibean said:

For what it's worth, I'm glad Lauren seemed to have the option not to pose for the calendar.  The DCC uniform shows a lot of skin, certainly, as do most dance costumes.  But that's a specific thing for a dance job, and posing sexily yanking your bottoms down for print media (and revenue) feels different to me.  I am surprised that Maddie was willing to do it, though, or maybe she just wasn't willing to speak up like Lauren was.

Part of me is like meh, it's part of the job, and maybe that's how Maddie justified it to herself too.  But the rest of me is like actually...they sign up for a dance job and public appearances.  Not to promote swimwear in a calendar that might hang on someone's wall for three years because his favorite cheerleader has her bum sticking out.  And 35 other ladies were probably perfectly willing to do it, so there ya go.

You hit the nail on the head. While dancers' uniforms are revealing, their primary purpose is to dance and dance well. Little girls watch and look up to them. The calendar feels different for me too. The primary and only purpose is to pose provocatively and look provocative and sexy. While young girls may watch the DCC dance at games, would they really be purchasing the calendars? No, it's for a different audience that some, like Lauren, may not be comfortable with. Also sounds like she wanted to put nursing first, someone made a good point that she didn't want her patients to see this. I think that's fair, DCC is her part time job and hobby, nursing is a long term career.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Of interest. Pulled from a DCC FB fanpage.

1.jpg

Does anyone know who “owns” the footage shot for the show? Is it CMT? DCC? If the show doesn’t air this season on CMT I could see Kelli trying to do the show online but not sure if she can use their footage. If CMT drops DCCMTT all together, I’m sure she’ll pitch it to another network. 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Quick question - How many years was Savannah on the Jets cheerleading squad? (I think that is where she was before?)

10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I’m not from the US, so I was wondering if anyone could shed light on how DCC are place compared to other sideline cheerleaders? I assumed past experience for another team said a lot about dance ability, but I’ve learnt that’s not always the case. e.g. I’m confused about the fact Kat danced forHornets for 4 years yet she struggled in TC & only just made the team. Savvy also came from NY jets yet coming into her 4th year has not been a group leader or in showgroup and seemed to struggle with memory in TC. Is the DCC style and choreography unique (I know the kick lines unique but these girl seem to struggle with more than that)? Are there more dances to remember? Do more girls try out for DCC? I’m also suprised that Alexis, Alanna and Briana, while they are all clearly decent, danced professionally previously but never made Showgroup and don’t seem to be stand outs to judges & TBTB. Sorry if this a dumb question!

16 hours ago, imacrumb said:

I don’t event know where to jump in because there are so many points I want to reply to lol.

Bridget was the last girl with that “it” factor for me. She would’ve been a fantastic group leader, point, and pro bowl representative for DCC. 

Most of these girls that are left don’t have what she and past girls had (Melissa W., Jenna,  Erica). I am NOT saying the girls on the team are lacking in talent or beauty but my goodness, they all seem like the same person to me. I feel like we are just settling at this point for GL, show group, and point. 

The only bunch I am excited to see for however many years they have left are Amanda, Briana, Jada (based on what they have shared), and Kelcey. I truly forget about the other girls until someone brings them up or I’m just not seeing the hype (Maddie, Gina... please don’t kill me, Caroline).

This season is a hot mess. I predicted Meredith and Lily getting cut considering they barely made it last year (personally I think Lily should’ve made it the year before). Brennan and Hannah were robbed of their season. 

Ok that’s it for now 👋🏼

You said it!

Bridget was one with the X factor indeed and very, very high on the glamour scale. I think the East Texas treatment by Kelli after Bridget fainted, made Bridget to decide to get out of Dodge.

I am also on #TeamAmanda #TeamJada and #TeamKelcey

I am sooo exited about this new season and I can’t wait to see the veterans and rookies.

• Love 8

I can't believe that Kat is still on the team after all the backlash that occurred on social media the last few weeks.  Same for Sydney! 

Edited by TUOwl84
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think she will retire after this year.

Hmm I don't know about that. Showgroup is not the end of the world. I think she would have already left if it was all about SG. I think she may do a 4th year but retires after that year

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Hmm I don't know about that. Showgroup is not the end of the world. I think she would have already left if it was all about SG. I think she may do a 4th year but retires after that year

I agree.  Show group isn't the end of the world.  But I am sure Jalyn gave it her all to get back on SG, and I am sure it hurts.  From what I have seen, her and Hannah were really close and I could see her retiring after what Kelli and Judy has done to this years squad.

• Love 5

After the uproar about Jaylyn not being chosen again for Show Group last year so VK could have a spot, I knew Kelli would never, ever put her back on. I have no doubt both Kalinas insisted on that. I’m honestly relieved Jaylyn is still on the team. I thought she might get axed, not Hannah. That stunned me. 

• Love 17

They seem super interested in making the overall squad more diverse this year (once they learned the girls would not be allowed on the field) but apparently didn’t think those same girls were worthy of SG. Very telling. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

I agree.  Show group isn't the end of the world.  But I am sure Jalyn gave it her all to get back on SG, and I am sure it hurts.  From what I have seen, her and Hannah were really close and I could see her retiring after what Kelli and Judy has done to this years squad.

Definitely not the end of the world. It’s Kelli’s group, a group of dancers she has to show to people how great she is. 

Despite what Kelli says, being in Showgroup has zero to do with dance ability.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Definitely not the end of the world. It’s Kelli’s group, a group of dancers she has to show to people how great she is. 

Truth. In the past, she has overruled the decisions of those she brings in to judge SG auditions. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Ding ding ding. At least 3 of the women on show group last, never made show group. And women who did were taken off for those 3. This happens every year. Kelli and Judy love their blonde bland white women. 

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Ding ding ding. At least 3 of the women on show group last, never made show group. And women who did were taken off for those 3. This happens every year. Kelli and Judy love their blonde bland white women. 

Which 3 were taken off for those 3 do you know 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

Kelli needs to move her hand

image.png.c904085550ef258543ab6b1f81558cdd.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ok, I have been reading most of these pages. I got behind after so many more pages were added. But I too am shocked that B and H were cut, and sea biscuit is still standing front and center! What is happening this year? Also, did I miss GL announcements? If so, who are the GL and the 2GL? 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli needs to move her hand

image.png.c904085550ef258543ab6b1f81558cdd.png

Wonder why ashlee Amanda and cianna has question marks next to their names 

Just now, MikeDFW32 said:

Ok, I have been reading most of these pages. I got behind after so many more pages were added. But I too am shocked that B and H were cut, and sea biscuit is still standing front and center! What is happening this year? Also, did I miss GL announcements? If so, who are the GL and the 2GL? 

Nothing abt group leaders has been said