Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

33 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I vote for hiring everyone new, including K&J's positions.  I understand that having experienced leadership can be an asset, but sometimes that experience can keep the team from moving forward and results in some very questionable decisions. Also, it makes them look desperate when they try to pick more WOC for the team when their past decisions are so visible.  #burnitdown

I know this prob wouldn’t happen, but I wouldn’t mind Kashara taking over for Kelli as director and Jennifer Colvin taking over for Judy as choreographer.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

For a pageant girl, she isn't very good at speaking. I always assume that girls who make it to the national level of pageants have expensive coaches who teach them important things like how to speak clearly with good pitch and modulation rather than mumbling a bunch of words together quickly, saying, "UM," making "tsk" noises, and starting sentences with "but."

The main thing I learned from this is that she "treasures" a whole lot of stuff and that she isn't very good at humble bragging. "What's really cool is that I'm featured a lot in this program which is kind of crazy to me because, um, I just feel very humbled by it."

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

You didn't miss anything, the only thing it communicates is "I need lots and lots of attention"

I’ll see your “attention whore” and raise you a “vapid.”

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Doing what?

I think the implication was dancing, but I guess she could play the horse if they were to do a revival of Equus. 

Edited by SmpIsimon
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I think the implication was dancing, but I guess she could play the horse if they were to do a revival of Equus. 

I might be way off here, so I will go out on a limb and say you are not that enthusiastic about Victoria’s existence. Am I right?

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, MsTBGal said:

To get off of the health subject for a minute...the money issue is something I have NEVER understood.  The Cowboys organization pays hundreds of thousand dollars up to many millions of dollars to players, coaches, and other personnel, yet fight in court to pay the cheerleaders MINIMUM HOURLY wages.  Having watched the show from the beginning, I honestly was amazed at the strict criteria the ladies had to meet to be a DCC.  I learned not only are they judged for their dancing, but also for body type, how pretty they are, for great hair, how well spoken they are at events, how well they can speak on camera or radio, how they walk on a fashion runway (just kidding), how fast they can run a mile plus the number of sit-ups they can do (kidding again), how they hold a fork, spoon, and knife while eating French onion soup (more kidding) and how well they would be as an ambassador in general for the Cowboys organization.  It is well known that the DCC is the standard by which all of the other football organizations emulate.  Amazing.  If all of this is required (and it is) then why do the Cowboys penny-pinch the pay of the cheerleaders??  Why did it take a great cheerleader, Erica Wilkins, to take them to court for a few extra bucks??  Just never understood this, and still don't.

They pay low bc they don’t bring in a ton of profit. The players are essential. Cheerleaders are fluff. 

1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

That explains why she and VK get along so well. If you’ll recall, VK could be working on Broadway had she not elected to be a DCC. 😂

Sad that VK really believes her own well her moms own hype and thinks she is Broadway material. She’s barely even DCC  material without her special privileges 

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Sad that VK really believes her own well her moms own hype and thinks she is Broadway material. She’s barely even DCC  material without her special privileges 

A dance career is not long. it's hard to get work the older you get. If she can do Broadway why is she wasting her valuable dance years shaking pompoms in Dallas? Oh, right, because she only thinks she's good enough because she's been poorly parented into thinking she's far more talented than she is. 

Anyone who picks being a DCC over being a Broadway dancer...let's put it this way, Broadway doesn't give a rats ass if you know politics, or even the history of Broadway, or know what to do with a shrimp fork or how to strut in a bikini. Broadway doesn't expect you to show up for rehearsal in full hair and make up (unless it's a dress rehearsal) and though I'm sure the pay isn't great for chorus level dancers it can't be much worse than DCC. 

Then again, you don't get as many MLM ops on Broadway, or get to show your practically naked body in a calendar, or pick up near as many instatwitbook followers so I guess it depends on if you actually want to be a dancer or you want to be online famous. I think I know which way VK leans. 

• Love 18

I’ll have to dig through my old posts, but between what Shelly posted directly in this forum and the info from the lawsuit, it ended up being approx $18 an hour. They do get paid for rehearsal time, the $400 (?) flat fee for games, the sliding scale for appearances, etc. Not terrible pay for a part time job, not great given the high expectations. 

Dancers are seriously underpaid in all venues, but at least some are Union, get benefits, etc. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Anyone who picks being a DCC over being a Broadway dancer

But Kitty said during show group auditions that these women are choosing DCC over Broadway 🙄

Sure the pay isn't great, but Broadway will open a dancer up to other dance opportunities...if, like you said, that's what they actually want.

13 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I’ll have to dig through my old posts, but between what Shelly posted directly in this forum and the info from the lawsuit, it ended up being approx $18 an hour.

From what I remember, I thought the lawsuit was more about Erica not being paid for hours she put down on her timesheets, not that she was fighting for higher hourly wages.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

Constantly bragging about her pageant wins?!? Bragging about her wins?!?

Constantly?!? If I was her, and I was in a room with Savannah, Amanda, Jada, Jessica, Tess, Kristin to name a few, I would have mentioned it once and I would have shut up about it. If I had seen Kat and Miss Wyatt I would not have said a word about my pageant wins.

Sorry, this must sound harsh, but imagine the competition if Marissa wins the pageant!

Where was Neal McCoy when we needed him?

Aren’t Kat and Marissa sister queens, in that they held the same NC title?  And didn’t Kat compete with Rachel W at the national teen level?  Marissa reminds me of Kelli Q, the blonde hair, high forehead, and similar facial features...

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

As for the Victoria-on-Broadway debate, we already know that she "turned down" SYTYCD for the DCC because that's what she said she did.  However, given her personality and what she's done in the past, she would have trumpeted the fact that she got far enough in the audition process to actually turn them down.  I wouldn't take her word for it because, given the fact that she said that shortly after the group auditions were held and only mentioned it when someone asked what happened, we can infer that she didn't get out of the group auditions, no matter HOW good she thinks she is.  Broadway auditions are more intense and demand a higher caliber of dancer with a wide range of skills in various types of styles, not unlike SYTYCD, then the DCC (or any other NFL team).  In fact, some auditions are mere cattle calls, in which dancers may be lined up and many knocked out of contention merely based on how they look.  That's usually when they have to fill roles specifically for appearance, height and body type.  I doubt that Victoria is anywhere near being a triple threat.  I went to high school with several people who thought they had what it took to succeed on Broadway and that was just based on their performances in high school musicals.  The two that I remember never did make it because, while they could sing, it wasn't at the caliber needed on Broadway nor could they dance and their acting skills were merely average. 

Victoria reminds me of these high school kids, thinking she's better then she really is and it will take several years of attempting to succeed at something out in the real world to get her (and her mom) to admit that she's not the best dancer in the world.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 15
On 8/20/2020 at 10:38 AM, TB12 said:

why does everyone hate vk so much?

Not shooting the messenger here thanks for posting it, but weight gain seriously? Have we not seen videos of her on her IG she looked amazing but I guess the only one who deserves the respect to lose any extra weight if Victoria. If they use weight gain for the reason I better see a double chin & a honey boo boo belly!

23 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

So first Mary is Persian not black. But yeah that hear had a lot more WOC and they were sort of micro aggressions labeled as being ‘troublesome’. Those were some girls black and white those years I knew. Jacie left partially over the bs of being over looked as Point by a white girl with nude leaked photos. That was a year they should’ve rotated. Holly and Jacie were basically toss a coin if you want which looks, except NUDE PICS. But then they still gave it to Holly. Cersten was def a shitstirrer And liar but sucked up and Kelli loved to have a potential med student. Keyra was a powerhouse but too loud and I’ll say it TOO BLACK for them. Jenna is a brat and we know how that turned out. ROBYN I think actually left for a job not bc of the bullshittery. But yes there is always an undercurrent of being just ethnic or of color enough to not scare the white people/Jones Family. 

Ok also have to say these cuts are Bs. Brennan great ambassador and not the best dancer but ended up doing fine. Hannah prob the hottest and most striking look in years plus that booty, besides id put her top 5 prob dance overall with I’ll say Amber, Caroline, Gina, have to think of a 5th with Bridget gone. Lily I liked for some reason but I guess I get and Meredith made it who knows now anyway. Those last two I get but whatever er. Move on and don’t let them define or ruin you. You’re all four worth more than Kelli Finglass opinion.

how was cersten a shitstarter? what did she lie about?

3 hours ago, MsTBGal said:

To get off of the health subject for a minute...the money issue is something I have NEVER understood.  The Cowboys organization pays hundreds of thousand dollars up to many millions of dollars to players, coaches, and other personnel, yet fight in court to pay the cheerleaders MINIMUM HOURLY wages.  Having watched the show from the beginning, I honestly was amazed at the strict criteria the ladies had to meet to be a DCC.  I learned not only are they judged for their dancing, but also for body type, how pretty they are, for great hair, how well spoken they are at events, how well they can speak on camera or radio, how they walk on a fashion runway (just kidding), how fast they can run a mile plus the number of sit-ups they can do (kidding again), how they hold a fork, spoon, and knife while eating French onion soup (more kidding) and how well they would be as an ambassador in general for the Cowboys organization.  It is well known that the DCC is the standard by which all of the other football organizations emulate.  Amazing.  If all of this is required (and it is) then why do the Cowboys penny-pinch the pay of the cheerleaders??  Why did it take a great cheerleader, Erica Wilkins, to take them to court for a few extra bucks??  Just never understood this, and still don't.

Because they should feel "honored" to be on the team. And women are notoriously underpaid for their efforts. Yeah,  got feminist.

2 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Because they should feel "honored" to be on the team. And women are notoriously underpaid for their efforts. Yeah,  got feminist.

Cersten claimed online to be a nurse when she was not!

36 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

it will take several years of attempting to succeed at something out in the real world to get her (and her mom) to admit that she's not the best dancer in the world.

I agree with your entire post except this quoted part; I don't see them ever admitting she's not the best dancer in the world.

• Love 17
49 minutes ago, ByTor said:

From what I remember, I thought the lawsuit was more about Erica not being paid for hours she put down on her timesheets, not that she was fighting for higher hourly wages.

Agreed...I think one of the results of the lawsuit (and the publicity) was a pay bump tho. She def went after them for unpaid wages tho, rightfully so if that’s the case. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

A dance career is not long. it's hard to get work the older you get. If she can do Broadway why is she wasting her valuable dance years shaking pompoms in Dallas? Oh, right, because she only thinks she's good enough because she's been poorly parented into thinking she's far more talented than she is. 

Anyone who picks being a DCC over being a Broadway dancer...let's put it this way, Broadway doesn't give a rats ass if you know politics, or even the history of Broadway, or know what to do with a shrimp fork or how to strut in a bikini. Broadway doesn't expect you to show up for rehearsal in full hair and make up (unless it's a dress rehearsal) and though I'm sure the pay isn't great for chorus level dancers it can't be much worse than DCC.

The minimum pay rate for ensemble members on Broadway shows was $2,034 per week from October 2017 through March 2019 (which was the period negotiated from the previous Actors Equity contract).

The current minimum salary for an Equity performer on Broadway is $2,034 a week. But that figure can increase depending on the particular demands of any given track. For instance, a chorus role or specialty adds $20 to that weekly minimum, which is more or less standard across the board for Broadway ensembles these days. Performers can also get a $20 weekly extra if the union determines an “extraordinary risk” in what is being asked of the actor, and $8 more if a performer is asked to move set pieces.

Understudying roles also comes with additional pay. Swings, who understudy multiple ensemble tracks, earn $101.70 over the performer minimum, or $15 if a performer is only a partial swing. Understudying principal roles can add $54.50 to the weekly salary, while understudying chorus roles adds $15.

Musicals will also designate performers as dance captains, who are tasked with knowing all of the show’s choreography and ensuring it continues to be performed as it was originally set. Serving as a dance captain adds $406.80 to the weekly salary, while assistant dance captains add $203.40. If a production calls for a fight captain to maintain fight choreography, that performer adds $75 to their weekly salary.

Another interesting way an actor’s base salary can increase is by agreeing to a one-year rider, essentially saying that the performer will remain with a production for an entire year. For the first six months of that agreement, the performer earns an extra $80 weekly, which becomes $40 for the second six months. At the end of the year, assuming the performer has indeed remained with the production, they get a $2,600 bonus.

• Useful 6
28 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I think one of the results of the lawsuit (and the publicity) was a pay bump tho.

Yes it did.  And I do recall mention of Rowdy being paid more.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Thank you — that was the laugh I needed today!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Yes, I couldn't watch the whole thing myself.  I was cringing lol  I just felt like they are both so immature.  They made that video a month ago apparently.  Right before TC!

Less than a minute in she does my pet peeve: "I'm so humbled by this." No. You're not humbled. You're honored. You're excited. You're flattered, even. But you are the reverse of humbled. People keep forgetting what that word means.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
51 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I agree with your entire post except this quoted part; I don't see them ever admitting she's not the best dancer in the world.

Well, I doubt TINA would ever admit it though Victoria MIGHT if Tina allowed her to go out into the world and spend some time without being under Tina's thumb.  Doubt that will happen though.  Tina seems determined to make sure Victoria lives the life SHE wants Victoria to have, no matter what Victoria thinks about it or what she wants (especially if it doesn't match up with what Mother wants).

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yes it did.  And I do recall mention of Rowdy being paid more.

Rowdy also did his own marketing and appearance scheduling, I think, and had additional marketing duties for the Cowboys?  I gotta knock the dust off, sheesh. 

Obvs the DCC can and should be paid much more tho, not taking away from that at all. Would love to see a higher per game flat rate and hourly pay. The appearance fee for more tenured ladies doesn’t seem terrible, but that depends on the length of the appearance. I’m also curious about their access to health care. Injury on DCC time, covered by the Cowboys doctors, sure...but wondering about regular old health insurance.  

• Love 3

Wow, I'm so glad I had extra time this weekend!  I had a lot to catch up on in this forum.

I'm sad about Lily, and both sad and surprised about Brennan and Hannah.  It just seems really unwise to let Brennan go - no matter how the show spins it, it's going to be seen as "Brennan was let go because she had COVID-19", and since the team will be dancing less, it really makes no sense.  Hannah, too, had always been popular and was one of the best dancers.

I agree with everyone upthread who said that the problem with group 4 was not only Victoria, which I'd totally believe, but also Tess's lack of leadership.  I find it strange that she hasn't been posting on social media.

I am excited about the third-year group, and I hope some of them stick around to be future leaders, especially Alanna and Daphne.

I hope Dani and Jada made the team!

I keep forgetting about Kelcey (though wasn't she RotY?), and a few of the other veterans are pretty forgettable to me, too.  Does anyone else have people they always forget?  ("Wait, there's an Amber?")

Edited by Allison Lynn
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Has there been any info out about show group or the 4 groups?

Tess 

Rachel a 

Lexi 

Gina 

Daphan 

Ashlee 

Caroline 

Rachel w 

Amber   

Kelsey 

Victoria  

Amanda 

Erin 

Chandi 

Maddie 

Clair w

Marissa 

show group 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

She is no longer wanting world class dancers

I mean her choices were never really in that league.  DCC is a niche.  Before the show - the pool had to consist mostly of "local" girls who maybe had a dream to be a DCC. Who uproots themselves for this?

World class dancers go to Broadway, Dance companies, etc. 

Now with the show - it may have broadened the pool a bit much - but if you think about it, other than Melissa - has anyone found fame from this?

I don't care if Kelli is laughing - MTT is a show that I hate watch.  I laugh at when Kelli says such crap like "world' class or when she even exaggerates the number of women auditioning, etc.

I think liking/hating VK is a personal preference.  I am a new watcher and even I caught all of the discrepancies.  I wondered why she nitpicked certain girls to death - yet others were given passes.  They are mostly blenders.  The ones that catch my eye are never really the ones who are highlighted - Caroline for example.

I don't care if Kelli and the St. Paul Pork Products lady pink swore to put Seabiscuit on the team..  A lot of mediocre girls have.  What I take offense to - is the constant force feeding.  I don't eat horse meat.

• LOL 8
  • Love 16
On 8/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, SamShmam said:

I get what she's saying, and I don't blame her, but I don't understand this reasoning. It's TPTB who facilitate this show. Were it not for them, there wouldn't be a show.  My heart ached for Dayton, who was put up against Seabiscuit for compare and contrast (as was Meredith) and was a casualty of Kelli and Tina.

I feel like the show is but a symptom of the culture in that organization.

Hey, don't insult Seabiscuit. He was much lighter on his feet and more graceful than VK.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Yes, I couldn't watch the whole thing myself.  I was cringing lol  I just felt like they are both so immature.  They made that video a month ago apparently.  Right before TC!

Not a fan of the low key aggressive hitting....I don’t think he’s playing. 

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Lona said:

Happy to see Claire W. on show group! Will take any good news (imo) right now, no matter how small.

Idk why they picked a show group it’s not like any shows will be happening for them 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Idk why they picked a show group it’s not like any shows will be happening for them 

I feel bad for the children’s hospitals though.  Be nice to do something even if it’s through a window.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Lona said:

Thank you!!! Rachel W. was the runner-up to freaking Miss America for heck’s sake lol. 

Exactly! And correct me if I’m wrong, cause I may be way off, but Marissa as Miss NC Outstanding Teen. Which is great, I’m not dissing that at all. But she’s bragging on that and America’s Miss Dance 2020...... Rachel W. Was Miss SC Outstanding Teen, Miss America’s Outstanding Teen, Miss Clemson, Miss South Carolina and first runner-up to freaking Miss America, and I saw a lot of posts that thought she should have won. And Kat had same title as a Marissa. And Rachel W. comes across as very humble. And maybe it’s just me, but stand her next to Amanda and a number of others, and she gets lost. Ok, I’m stepping off my soapbox now....

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, Lona said:

Happy to see Claire W. on show group! Will take any good news (imo) right now, no matter how small.

I really like her! she’s stunning and a beautiful dancer, deff my fave rookie from what I’ve seen from her dancing videos on Instagram. 

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, LRCH said:

Exactly! And correct me if I’m wrong, cause I may be way off, but Marissa as Miss NC Outstanding Teen. Which is great, I’m not dissing that at all. But she’s bragging on that and America’s Miss Dance 2020...... Rachel W. Was Miss SC Outstanding Teen, Miss America’s Outstanding Teen, Miss Clemson, Miss South Carolina and first runner-up to freaking Miss America, and I saw a lot of posts that thought she should have won. And Kat had same title as a Marissa. And Rachel W. comes across as very humble. And maybe it’s just me, but stand her next to Amanda and a number of others, and she gets lost. Ok, I’m stepping off my soapbox now....

No no, you're right lol. For those who are wondering, YES Rachel W. really does have A LOT of titles under her belt. Like her or not, she's a very accomplished woman outside of the DCC there's no denying. As for Miss America, Savvy Shields was a pretty good winner IMO, but that's getting a bit off topic ... 😂

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Tess 

Rachel a 

Lexi 

Gina 

Daphan 

Ashlee 

Caroline 

Rachel w 

Amber   

Kelsey 

Victoria  

Amanda 

Erin 

Chandi 

Maddie 

Clair w

Marissa 

show group 

How on earth did Marissa make SG? She’s one of the few rookies who puts videos on Instagram and I can’t say I’m that impressed.

Claire on the other hand is phenomenal. I actually think she might be one of the best technical dancers they’ve ever had. 

I though Alora might make it, considering her Rockette background. I don’t dislike her as much as some do (dance jobs are hard to get so you get what you can!) but if she rubs people the wrong way, that’s not good!

I wish more of the rookies would post dance videos as I can barely even remember their names, never mind what they look like and how they dance.

• Love 15
On 8/19/2020 at 9:45 PM, hathorlive said:

Kentucky girl whose best friend owned a horse farm here.  Most Thoroughbred horses are bad tempered and high strung.  They can be hard to ride.  Seabiscuit was fairly average as far as temperament goes.

Um, long time Thoroughbred owner here. All my horses came off the track. They are not all ill-tempered. They are very sensitive and, yes, can be high-strung. They just need someone experienced to handle them. All of mine were sweethearts, but only sometimes difficult due to high spirits, not ill temper.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

They pay low bc they don’t bring in a ton of profit. The players are essential. Cheerleaders are fluff. 

That's only if you're talking straight football.  But the Dallas Cowboys are really worried about being a *brand*, and the cheerleaders are pretty damn essential to that.  

• Love 9