Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 8/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, Catalana said:

(First time poster here, so forgive me if I'm not doing this quoting stuff right.) 

I'm confused as to why Maddie is getting comments over the uniform when it seems like practically everyone associated with the team spouts bible verses and references their religion in various ways.  Like...shouldn't they all basically be seen as hypocrites/in moral conflict, in that case?  I'm not sure what's special about her case, aside from the fact that people seem fascinated that she's a Mormon.  (I've had several Mormon friends, so I don't regard that as particularly interesting, but other people's experiences may be different.)

For me personally, I think it's because she looks like she's 12.  

The moral stuff came from a previous comment someone made about her saying she wears stuff with "grace" and that is something religious

Kelli-Sam/Judy-Cassie. Who is the smartest of them all? I vote for Sam. I know that she was an intern CMT/DCC show, but it is not uncommon for parents using their influence to get their child a job. She did not try out for DCC straight of high school, but went college instead. I do not recall any negative comments about Sam.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, dccfangirl said:

The fact that the test was a false positive really does change everything for me.

The bubble clearly was secure because no one got Covid. 

The fact that no one got covid (& the incubation period isn't over, so there could still be a case), does not in any way prove the bubble was secure. How many times have people been out and about and not gotten covid (grocery store, parties, etc.)? There was certainly no secure bubble in any of those situations.

No one testing positive (not false positive) & hopefully won't in the next couple of weeks, just means the DCC are extremely lucky -- not that the bubble was secure.

And that's not even taking into count false negatives if any of them do start to feel sick . . .

• Love 21
36 minutes ago, itsweird said:

For me personally, I think it's because she looks like she's 12. 

Fair enough.  I think I like her in part because to me she looks like a girl I might actually encounter; most of them are so glammed-up that they don't look anything like the "girl next door" that people occasionally describe them as.  Like, I could never look like Kat, but Maddie's look might be attainable... 😆 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, El Burro said:

Kelli-Sam/Judy-Cassie. Who is the smartest of them all? I vote for Sam. I know that she was an intern CMT/DCC show, but it is not uncommon for parents using their influence to get their child a job. She did not try out for DCC straight of high school, but went college instead. I do not recall any negative comments about Sam.

Sam gets my vote. 

11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Delete your post and then write it where it’s suppose to go is the easiest way to do it 

There's not a way to delete the post entirely is there? I usually just clean out the text box and put "Delete" or a period

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
hit enter before I finished my thought
7 minutes ago, KeepingItReel said:

Training Camp Timeline

New TCCs check in at Gaylord Texan

First official day of Training Camp in bubble

Uniform Fittings

Guest Choreographer Evan Miller, Amelia cut

Guest Choreographer Charm La’Donna, Claire D cut

28 Veterans enter Gaylord Texan Bubble

Guest Choreographer Denise Dicharry, Shannan cut

Field rehearsal at AT&T Stadium, Annabelle Kelly and Sheridan cut

Guest Choreographer Travis Wall

Show Group Auditions

Show Group Announced, Show Group: Maddie, Tess, Gina, Rachel A, Lexie, Amber, Ashlee, Caroline, Daphne, Erin, Rachel W, Amanda, Chandi, Kelcey, Victoria, Claire W, Melissa. Meredith cut

Vet Day for Taylor J, Cassie cut

Media Day, Thunder Storm-TCCs leave bubble for storm shelter

Show and Sell, Dancers selected to dance again-Jessica, Alora Rose, Tori, Kristin, Briana, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. Caroline included in this group to gauge other dancers. Positive test result later discovered. Production suspended

Canceled stadium rehearsal, isolation of group 1 and those in close contact with positive participant. Individual virtual meetings-Lily, Brennan, Hannah, Ashlinn, and Tori cut. Remaining women told they are not officially on the team but should consider relocating to Texas. First team rehearsal in September

Bubble concludes

-

Meredith and Lily were only told they were not top 36 dancers

Hannah was told she was not top 36 because of her pom technique

Brennan was told she looked winded and not ready game day ready

Filming  scheduled to resume at future stadium rehearsals

One Day Vet audition was intended for veterans who were unable to take 10 days off from work or who could not work remotely. Safety concerns alone did not qualify a veteran for the Vet Day option.

The unofficial leaders are Maddie and Tess. No groups

After going through all the trouble to make a bubble are they just going to turn around and have regular practices? How can that possibly make sense to anyone? And to not make the team official but to tell them to relocate is equally ridiculous.

• Love 16

This pix is weird!  Marissa was fast to comment on it but hardly any DCC commented.   Most of the girls  would have been happy if Lisa would have been the one that got cut.  The four girls that were cut were all cut for the same reason and only one reason.  RATINGS!!!  CMT can twist it however they want but we all know the real reason for all four girls.  They had nothing this year so they focused on the WOC but in the end felt they needed more.  Kelli you are a little late in focusing on the WOC, you have had some beautiful African American and Asian girls before that were great dancers and you never gave them the time of day.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, USN17 said:

I just always remember when Cassie called out the TCC in front of everybody at practice. Low class move on her part!! Should have been done behind closed doors. When did she get promoted to DCC spokesperson?? She should have stayed in her lane back then and for SURE should stay in her lane now!

She didnt had to stay in her lane. She got asked to say what she thought lol

3 hours ago, veronicamers said:

She chose to respond. There was no need.

I think it is for her to decide whether she wants to answer a simple question or not

22 minutes ago, KeepingItReel said:

Training Camp Timeline

Uniform Fittings

Show Group Auditions

Show Group Announced, Show Group: Maddie, Tess, Gina, Rachel A, Lexie, Amber, Ashlee, Caroline, Daphne, Erin, Rachel W, Amanda, Chandi, Kelcey, Victoria, Claire W, Melissa. Meredith cut

Show and Sell, Dancers selected to dance again-Jessica, Alora Rose, Tori, Kristin, Briana, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. Caroline included in this group to gauge other dancers. Positive test result later discovered. Production suspended

Canceled stadium rehearsal, isolation of group 1 and those in close contact with positive participant. Individual virtual meetings-Lily, Brennan, Hannah, Ashlinn, and Tori cut. Remaining women told they are not officially on the team but should consider relocating to Texas. First team rehearsal in September

Bubble concludes

-

One Day Vet audition was intended for veterans who were unable to take 10 days off from work or who could not work remotely. Safety concerns alone did not qualify a veteran for the Vet Day option.

Why have them consider moving when they haven’t made the squad officially 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, KeepingItReel said:

So they cut Tori, Lily, Hannah and Brennan for Jessica, AloraRose, Kristin and Briana.  

Probably Tori and Lily for Jessica and Alora.

Kristin and Briana for Hannah and Brennan.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

So they cut Tori, Lily, Hannah and Brennan for Jessica, AloraRose, Kristin and Briana.  

What is show and sell? is that for people to dance for their lives? The hunger games of dancing as Kyndall called it... If that's what it is that's complete & utter BS that Hannah was cut over some of the others...

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KeepingItReel said:

Show and Sell, Dancers selected to dance again-Jessica, Alora Rose, Tori, Kristin, Briana, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. Caroline included in this group to gauge other dancers. 

Canceled stadium rehearsal, isolation of group 1 and those in close contact with positive participant. Individual virtual meetings-Lily, Brennan, Hannah, Ashlinn, and Tori cut. Remaining women told they are not officially on the team but should consider relocating to Texas. 

I wonder why the two oldest members of the team were selected for show and sell (Briana and Brennan). I thought Kristin barely made the squad so not surprised she was in there. Hannah cut for lack of pom technique is the most ludicrous thing I've heard. It's been good enough for the last two seasons! Considering she's been taking virtual classes all lockdown long, I would've thought she'd be even better! Half the squad are weaker than her in pom!

Is Caroline the new rotation at point then potenially?

God help them all if Maddie and Tess are the leaders. 

I honestly don't know what is going through Kelli's mind with some of these decisions. Making drama for the sake of it is sad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, KeepingItReel said:

Training Camp Timeline

Uniform Fittings

Show Group Auditions

Bubble concludes

-

So the TCC’s went through all of that just to be told they’re not officially on the team? I would be pissed! Hannah getting cut for poor Pom technique when she’s already been on the team and SG for two years makes 0 sense. You know Kelli had to dig deep to find a reason to cut Hannah. Did the girls who had to do show and sell know their spot was on the line? Interesting that Briana and Kristin were in that group but Kat was not. 

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Excellent question.  That's like getting a job interview, and then HR calls & says "We like you...we're not sure if we're giving you the job, but maybe you should live here just in case".   Is this DCC world or 🤡  🌎 ???

But don't they all move when they try out or at least make training camp? I get this season is extenuating but i thought the ones from out of town typically move before they know they made the team...

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TB12 said:

But don't they all move when they try out or at least make training camp? I get this season is extenuating but i thought the ones from out of town typically move before they know they made the team...

Typically most relocate if they're serious, some just find summer accommodations til they know for sure.

This year I think most just came to town for auditions rather than actually move permanently.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

This pix is weird!  Marissa was fast to comment on it but hardly any DCC commented.   Most of the girls  would have been happy if Lisa would have been the one that got cut.  The four girls that were cut were all cut for the same reason and only one reason.  RATINGS!!!  CMT can twist it however they want but we all know the real reason for all four girls.  They had nothing this year so they focused on the WOC but in the end felt they needed more.  Kelli you are a little late in focusing on the WOC, you have had some beautiful African American and Asian girls before that were great dancers and you never gave them the time of day.  

WTH?  She is not liked by anyone but VK. She has been all over the country much of June. July and early August, so concerned with the lack of respect for doing the correct thing .

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, forumborum said:

WTH?  She is not liked by anyone but VK. She has been all over the country much of June. July and early August, so concerned with the lack of respect for doing the correct thing .

Must be the new breed of brand ambassador they are cultivating.

• LOL 10
9 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

No way Hannah didn't have pom technique after two years. That is crazy crazy BS. Cutting Brennan for being winded is equally crazy-news flash to TPTB, the girls will be doing little to no dancing this year because we're in the middle of a pandemic!! I still think it's completely unacceptable that they had Brennan do the "Welcome to Training Camp" video and then made up a BS excuse and cut her on the last night. I can't even. 

Did they not have an alternate last year ?  I would ask them why she wasn’t benched if her POM technique if it was so bad it would pose a  potential Cut for her the following year and why was she not pulled during last year ?!?

• Useful 7
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, forumborum said:

Did they not have an alternate last year ?  I would ask them why she wasn’t benched if her POM technique if it was so bad it would pose a  potential Cut for her the following year and why was she not pulled during last year ?!?

YES!!!!  THIS!!! Poor Hannah! 😔

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, GeekToTheCore said:

I still think it's completely unacceptable that they had Brennan do the "Welcome to Training Camp" video and then made up a BS excuse and cut her on the last night. I can't even. 

Equally unacceptable that they posted this of Lily the day she was cut. Here are  some of the comments.

tempghost1

You guys should really pull this out of respect for Lily. Should have been posted much earlier since there was always a chance she would be cut in camp. Posting the same day she was cut...yikes.

@tempghost1, So this is what "World Class" looks like, eh?? Not impressed

im_meemee

So you post and cut her in 24 hours. Just keep showing us your lack of class. You and Judy need to look up definition of ambassador and the evaluate whom you kept and whom you cut...

helloaccountabilityy

Who runs this account? Like does no one in this organization talk to each other and see how in poor taste it was to post this the same day she was fired from the team? My goodness this organization is a dumpster fire this year.

candacebordelon

How shitty. So disappointed in the management of this team.

livelaughlovechaos

How about finding out which football player @katpurr is sleeping with, and maybe sending a letter of apology of @hollymariepowell for the double standard.

catehenry27

Wow, the DCC organization just continues to show their lack of professionalism and decorum. Posting this video of Lily ? Why not just follow it up with videos of the other cut ladies and really stick the knife in all of their backs ? DCC leadership NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ASAP!! Your brand looks like hell!

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Also, we got to the point where the only leaders are Maddie and Tess, bland and blander. Let that sink in...

Exactly.  There are so many 3rd years that could do a much better job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Maddie and Tess are sooooo boring my God I pray they retire next year!! And when is Kelli going to retire? They need a fresh director with some new ideas I mean she can’t keep running the team until she’s 70

• Love 16
3 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

I think it is for her to decide whether she wants to answer a simple question or not

Sure, but her answer was far from simple. A simple and truthful answer would be "I can't speak to this, I wasn't there."

• Love 17

Cassie makes me laugh...if it was not for her mommy working for DCC, she wouldnt have even made it past auditions! She was by far the worst rookie in her class, and her looks were not and still are not up to DCC standard. Plus she thought she was Gods gift to DCC. Once retired she acted like she was the greatest there had ever been. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I think she may retire after this season.

Thank you...I'm a nurse in a hospital with several covid cases, and yes...it is very possible to be infected twice.  We have a person who is on their second hospitalization in fact...first time in May and now.

I know this to be true, and I'm not arguing that it happens. What I'm trying to point out is that Brennan exaggerated. She stated that she had it twice then admitted she didn't get tested at least one of the times. 

• Useful 1
15 minutes ago, abracadabra said:

I know this to be true, and I'm not arguing that it happens. What I'm trying to point out is that Brennan exaggerated. She stated that she had it twice then admitted she didn't get tested at least one of the times. 

Did I miss this? When did she say that she wasn’t tested?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, USN17 said:

I just always remember when Cassie called out the TCC in front of everybody at practice. Low class move on her part!! Should have been done behind closed doors. 

Exactly: Praise in public; censure in private. (I’m talking about two different cases, not one person being two-faced. Although... hmm...)

• Love 3

Maybe by the time her daughter is old enough, someone with some integrity will be in charge of the DCC — someone who refuses to use the team as a platform for glorifying the untalented daughters of friends and family. 

How sad if she spends all that time grooming her.

I've never watched any of her seasons - but I've seen pictures of her. She is quite um. handsome.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - but she can't dance either? lol sad.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, chabelisaywow said:

How sad if she spends all that time grooming her.

I've never watched any of her seasons - but I've seen pictures of her. She is quite um. handsome.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - but she can't dance either? lol sad.  

She was a good DCC, especially in her later years. I never had a problem with her being on the team or getting into TC with a injured knee that was healing. They took Danielle with a injured foot too and Brooke Sorenson too

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Agree.  She's a terrible human being.  Ask almost anyone who was on the squad with her. 

Btw, the girls in the last few years really resent how she shows up for the squad photo forcing them to stay in place even longer why they put her spawn in the photos. 

Really not surprised.  But just think, she and VK will have something in common the moment that VK decides to have her own spawn.  Oh wait . . .

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Deleted cuz smth went wrong sorry

I just realized that if Maggie would have stayed this long that this would have been het 5th year. I am convinced that she would be point if that was the case

• Love 6
5 hours ago, KeepingItReel said:

Training Camp Timeline

Uniform Fittings

Show Group Auditions

Bubble concludes

-

Brennan was probably tired because she had to babysit Marrisa and Victoria all training camp as their boot buddys. After making Show Group, Marrisa told everyone that she can rest easy, and go watch Netflix at night for the rest of the bubble and she told her parents to move her stuff to Texas and start looking for a apartment while she was still in the bubble. Victoria spent her time in the bubble being so rude to everyone that leaders and Brennan had a private talk with her. 

Judy and Kelli cut Hannah Lily Brennan over zoom call. Nothing says we respect you like cutting veterans over a 2 minute zoom call. Hannah told them off during her call. They will splice it to make it look like she was the bitch in the situation. If anyone believes Hannah went from Show Group For 2 years to not knowing how to do a high V pom motion 🧐

Pay close attention to how they edit this season. Brianna was hurt for the last three days of the bubble. Judy, Kelli and the producer thought it made for good tv to make her “dance for her life” the last day, to prove a point. Nothing says we care about your health, but we care about the tv show more.

Watch how they edit it to act like Jalynn is going to make Show Group again. They set her up in her interviews to have her believe she was going to make it back. Just for a story line.

This production has never been this edited previously. But this year they jumped the shark. And in A particularly cruel and unnecessary way. It’s pitiful.

Edited by lemonbus230
  • Useful 7
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

A few things:

1) Regarding Taylor only having to audition on the one day, a lot of the girls are unhappy that she got this special privilege.  Btw, Taylor is good friends with Sam. Hmm.

2) Most of the girls think Kristin is quite strange.  She's not really close with anyone.  Just a very odd duck.

3) The more I think about Cassie's statement, the thing that surprises me most is that she admitted they had someone test positive.  I thought for sure they would all deny that until the grave. 

4) My God, this whole enterprise has truly become a shit show.  They should use this as a case study in MBA programs as a textbook example of piss-poor management.

While I understand the girls being upset over Taylor's one day audition um WTF else was she supposed to do, possibly lose her job and damage her teaching career by being in the bubble dancing instead of teaching, doing her full time job which they are encouraged to have. Sorry GIRLS! not everyone has a job/career or boss that puts DCC before all else. I know some of the squad worked from the hotel but teaching won't work that way if she has to be in  practice during the time she's supposed to be teaching, sorry. It may help that she's friends with Sam but I'd bet it would also play really badly for Kelli if she refused to allow Taylor the one day option when she's always bragging about the girls with a full time job. Of course if she'd been smart and skipped the show this year, or just done a special and taken only the vets without a TC this wouldn't even be an issue but she's become such a fame whore not realizing she even qualifies as a Z list celebrity she'd never pass on the chance to be on TV gushing about how amazing and world renowned the DCC are.

41 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

She was a good DCC, especially in her later years. I never had a problem with her being on the team or getting into TC with a injured knee that was healing. They took Danielle with a injured foot too and Brooke Sorenson too

I honestly get taking Cassie back as from what I remember she was injured during DCC activities same as Brooke, but they were a heartbeat away from cutting Danielle the next year so I don't think we can use her as an example

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

This production has never been this edited previously. But this year they jumped the shark. And in A particularly cruel and unnecessary way. It’s pitiful.

This is why I’m not going to watch this year. If I wantEd to watch a reality competition I would watch a reality competition. I wish they treated this more like Hard Knocks than The Voice With Poms.

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Brennan was probably tired because she had to babysit Marrisa and Victoria all training camp as their boot buddys. After making Show Group, Marrisa told everyone that she can rest easy, and go watch Netflix at night for the rest of the bubble and she told her parents to move her stuff to Texas and start looking for a apartment while she was still in the bubble. Victoria spent her time in the bubble being so rude to everyone that leaders and Brennan had a private talk with her. 

Oh Marissa.  Victoria is your boot buddy?  Did you know that association comes with a curse?  A curse of being cut before your time?  I may yet get my wish.  

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 10
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, now we know why Brennan was cut.  

They will definitely continue to cull the group In the next couple of years so no one is better than the one person they want out in the lead.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 3