Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

We have just had a news article come out here in New Zealand about the season starting, not a big NFL country only just starting to make our news, and it's about how Jerry is quoted saying he wants the stadium near capacity, for home games which seems so completely insane compared to all the other clubs who had heavily restricted numbers if not banned fans all together.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/122665979/nfl-teams-brace-for-new-normal-with-no-or-minimal-crowds?cid=app-android

Screenshot_20200904-113819_Stuff.jpg

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

We have just had a news article come out here in New Zealand about the season starting, not a big NFL country only just starting to make our news, and it's about how Jerry is quoted saying he wants the stadium near capacity, for home games which seems so completely insane compared to all the other clubs who had heavily restricted numbers if not banned fans all together.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/122665979/nfl-teams-brace-for-new-normal-with-no-or-minimal-crowds?cid=app-android

Screenshot_20200904-113819_Stuff.jpg

I bought tickets to what I think is now the home opener (DAL/ATL on 9/20) months ago. They were canceled at the end of June. That tells me they are limiting capacity in the stadium no matter what Jerry says now. Haven’t seen any tickets on sale to that game since, unless they are catering to season ticket holders which I thought I saw on this thread that they canceled those tickets as well. (Mine were bought when I thought there was a glimmer of hope, would have wanted canceling to be my decision if they were open to any amount of fans.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, MonaMechelle said:

I bought tickets to what I think is now the home opener (DAL/ATL on 9/20) months ago. They were canceled at the end of June. That tells me they are limiting capacity in the stadium no matter what Jerry says now. Haven’t seen any tickets on sale to that game since, unless they are catering to season ticket holders which I thought I saw on this thread that they canceled those tickets as well. (Mine were bought when I thought there was a glimmer of hope, would have wanted canceling to be my decision if they were open to any amount of fans.)

They are only catering to season ticket holders they are letting them buy single tickets they can get up to 6 tickets 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/19/2020 at 12:04 PM, rungirl46 said:

The more I think about the Brennan cut, the angrier I get.  Brooke Sorenson kept her spot on the roster when she injured herself during training camp.  Same with Cassie.  If Brennan's cut is COVID related, it seems like they could have kept her given the other intangibles she brings to the team.  And certainly she would be at 100% by next season.  The only way I will give TPTB a pass is if Brennan is still COVID positive and posed a health threat to the team.

I hear you, but I don't think Kelli was ever a big fan of Brennan. We all loved her because of her heart, perseverance and maturity. I also really loved Brooke. She was part of the first season I watched. Brooke was one you couldn't take your eyes off of, a natural performer. And there was that whole story line that season of her working to get her weight down and firm up to be able to wear the uniform. She worked her tail off...literally, I guess you could say.  😄  I was glad when they didn't outright cut her when she was injured, but I think back then they valued her presence at appearances. If you look back at some of the early seasons of the show, a lot of girls who made it into training camp back then would not today. They need girls who can handle themselves in interviews and public appearances. Brennan is good at that, too, but not as strong a dancer as several other vets. I still don't think Brennan should have been cut but then I haven't seen anybody's dancing, behavior this season so.... I did think it was clear nepotism that kept Cassie on the team when she was injured. She is not pretty, she always looks smug and bitchy and I don't think she was well liked by a lot of the other girls but they, of course, could not let on when her mother was the choreographer. Anyway, I have no idea what they can possibly show of this season under the crazy circumstances this year, but while they do seem to be creating some drama here, that's not really why people watch this reality show. We really do want to see the dancing and we want to see the most qualified girls make the team. When you see such obvious favoritism and lack of applying the rules and standards equally, it makes it hard to enjoy the show and even harder to have any respect for this organization or its leaders. I think the owner and his daughter are classless, but Kelli isn't and she should be smart enough to know better than to pull stuff like this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
Just now, SmpIsimon said:

Bottom line: Kelli can’t justify cutting any vet for dance ability so long as she keeps VK, whose dancing is mediocre at best. 

Have they started back to filming yet do you know ? 

4 hours ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

Precisely. I encourage people on here to become more cautious consumers of information. I know it’s fun to get “inside info” and that receipts are forbidden, but remember that people have motivations for circulating things that aren’t always in the service of truth. I would also encourage people to check their instincts to believe anything negative about Kat and Sidney and ask themselves why it is so “obvious” that a scandalous rumor about them could be true. 

I wish I could like this a million times.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

Precisely. I encourage people on here to become more cautious consumers of information. I know it’s fun to get “inside info” and that receipts are forbidden, but remember that people have motivations for circulating things that aren’t always in the service of truth. I would also encourage people to check their instincts to believe anything negative about Kat and Sidney and ask themselves why it is so “obvious” that a scandalous rumor about them could be true. 

THANK YOU.  I wish I could love this post 1000 times.  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Well, Kristin does have implants.  

Also for one so religious, she lied to Kelli's face regarding the details of why she was late one night the first time she was in training camp.

What was Kristin's actual reason for being late?

• Love 4

Hi, everybody! Long-time lurker, first-time commenter. I decided to join after hearing about all the drama from cutting Hannah and Brennan. Now I've read through a lot of the thread. But could someone answer these questions or point me to the answers? (I'm sorry if they've already been answered):

-What tea did Bridget spill?? Or am I mistaking her for another cheerleader who secretly spilled tea on DCC?

-Is it true that Rachel W. is homophobic? Someone stated that she posted anti-gay marriage material on social media after Jinelle got married, but I couldn't find this

-What is the "proof" that Kat slept with a player? it all just seems like a wild rumor to me.

#justice4hannah

*well, second-time

• Love 4
2 hours ago, donutbinch said:

Hi, everybody! Long-time lurker, first-time commenter. I decided to join after hearing about all the drama from cutting Hannah and Brennan. Now I've read through a lot of the thread. But could someone answer these questions or point me to the answers? (I'm sorry if they've already been answered):

-What tea did Bridget spill?? Or am I mistaking her for another cheerleader who secretly spilled tea on DCC?

-Is it true that Rachel W. is homophobic? Someone stated that she posted anti-gay marriage material on social media after Jinelle got married, but I couldn't find this

-What is the "proof" that Kat slept with a player? it all just seems like a wild rumor to me.

#justice4hannah

*well, second-time

What tea did Bridget spill?? Bridget posted a negative message about Brennan's and Hannah's cut and deleted the post after a couple of hours.

Is Rachel W homophobic? Rachel W is not homophobic, she posted several messages about her believes where the only logical conclusion could be that being gay in the Bible is not viewed as positive. There were also some insiders that claimed Rachel said bad things about gays in the organisation. This does not seem very true to Rachel's character though.

What is the "proof" that Kat slept with a player? The only proof we have is a post from an insider. Because of the quantity of these posts, there is a general consensus that Kat actually did something with a player. It has to be said that the same insiders claimed that other girls were also doing things with players.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Is Rachel W homophobic? Rachel W is not homophobic, she posted several messages about her believes where the only logical conclusion could be that being gay in the Bible is not viewed as positive. There were also some insiders that claimed Rachel said bad things about gays in the organisation. This does not seem very true to Rachel's character though.

Wait so did she say that her belief is that being gay is not a positive thing? Coz it seems self-explanatory that the Bible does not espouse positive views towards homosexuality. 

Edited by perrie97
Spelling
58 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

What tea did Bridget spill?? Bridget posted a negative message about Brennan's and Hannah's cut and deleted the post after a couple of hours.

What is the "proof" that Kat slept with a player? The only proof we have is a post from an insider. Because of the quantity of these posts, there is a general consensus that Kat actually did something with a player. It has to be said that the same insiders claimed that other girls were also doing things with players.

44 minutes ago, perrie97 said:

Wait so did she say that her belief is that being gay is not a positive thing? Coz it seems self-explanatory that the Bible does not espouse positive views towards homosexuality. 

I'm a bit confused too, are you saying that Rachel W is or is not homophobic? Surely it's pretty clear cut that if someone posts messages from the bible that can only conclude that the bible does not view LGBTQ+ relationships positively that it would imply that said person had homophobic beliefs and is therefore homophobic...

• Love 17
3 hours ago, perrie97 said:

2 hours ago, BulaKitty said:

I'm a bit confused too, are you saying that Rachel W is or is not homophobic? Surely it's pretty clear cut that if someone posts messages from the bible that can only conclude that the bible does not view LGBTQ+ relationships positively that it would imply that said person had homophobic beliefs and is therefore homophobic...

Being homophobic requires a bit more enthousiasm than following religious beliefs that perceive LGBTQ+ as less desirable. The term homophobic would apply to so many followers of religion, that the term would lose its meaning. Don’t you think so? Almost all muslims, jews and a big chunk of christians would be homophobic by default.
Happily, this is not the case!

So I do not think Rachel is homophobic. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

@Pau84, thank you for answering those questions so well.

Just my opinion, but I think people can respect biblical principles without being homophobic.  I will respect Rachel’s right to have her beliefs even if they differ from someone else’s.

Especially not knowing these ladies personally, in general I take everything “insiders” say with a grain of salt. 

Edited by suebee18
Separating one statement from another.
  • Love 13

@Pau84 @suebee18 Just to be clear i don't believe that everyone who generally follows a religion with those beliefs is homophobic.

I was referring to @Pau84 statement 'she posted several messages about her believes where the only logical conclusion could be that being gay in the Bible is not viewed as positive'

This directly indicates that she actively chose to share those posts (therefore indicating her agreement) where the only conclusion could be that LGBTQ+ relationships are not agreed with. That would imply 'enthusiasm' to me.

• Love 20

A lot of candidates don’t think to take their social media to private before they try out...and if your account is public, anyone can see the posts that you “like,” especially on Twitter. People can also see what your boyfriend likes or tweets, and as birds of feather flock together, can draw some pretty strong conclusions. 

Maybe some beliefs come from your family while growing up and once you start traveling to different parts of the country and world...minds can expand and change with time or meeting people that are different than yourself. I hope Rachel W is an example of that. Because before she had made DCC, I was pretty surprised at what a relatively public figure was willing to put out there. I assume she’s more cautious in public and has cleaned all that up now. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, suebee18 said:

@Pau84, thank you for answering those questions so well.

Just my opinion, but I think people can respect biblical principles without being homophobic.  I will respect Rachel’s right to have her beliefs even if they differ from someone else’s.

Especially not knowing these ladies personally, in general I take everything “insiders” say with a grain of salt. 

Same, I appreciate the info of the cuts and etc when it comes to Insiders but when it comes to character things I take it with a grain of salt too, especially when it comes to accusations of saying someone is homophobic and such things

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kalibean said:

A lot of candidates don’t think to take their social media to private before they try out...and if your account is public, anyone can see the posts that you “like,” especially on Twitter. People can also see what your boyfriend likes or tweets, and as birds of feather flock together, can draw some pretty strong conclusions. 

Maybe some beliefs come from growing up and traveling to different parts of the country and world...minds can expand and change with time or meeting people that are different than yourself. I hope Rachel W is an example of that. Because before she had made DCC, I was pretty surprised at what a relatively public figure was willing to put out there. I assume she’s more cautious in public and has cleaned all that up now. 

They're young, and young people don't always make the best decisions or think long term ramifications.  Before she became a DCC, she was a Miss America runner-up, so I would hope that she had learned that lesson prior to becoming a DCC.  I think the pageant put her in a much larger spotlight than the DCC.  

I don't usually comment on something of this nature, but I can't resist the urge to chime in.  People with different experiences will definitely have different beliefs and world views.  I respect her right to have an opinion, but I have zero respect for her opinion.  This thread is filled with posts about what the cheerleaders are implying without outright saying on their IG feeds.  I think it's pretty clear that Rachel feels homosexuality is wrong from her post.  Disliking homosexuality is literally the definition of homophobic.  It takes some incredible mental gymnastics to reach a different conclusion.  Some would say that is Kelli level of liking a certain cheerleader and subsequently justifying everything they do.

• Love 24
24 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

If you followed a religion that said Blacks are “less desirable,” would you still be a racist? Um, yeah. You would.

Using religion to excuse your homophia doesn’t make you any less of a bigot. 

Can I like this 30 times? 

17 minutes ago, AYTOfan said:

Same, I appreciate the info of the cuts and etc when it comes to Insiders but when it comes to character things I take it with a grain of salt too, especially when it comes to accusations of saying someone is homophobic and such things

In Rachel's case her views were all over her Twitter a few years ago. 

• Love 21

I don't agree with this all Christians who believe in the Bible are homophobic.  You can think that acting on it is a sin, without thinking that the person is less of a person.   Just like you can think that a spouse having an affair is committing a sin, without thinking that the person is less of a person.   All people are sinners.   Also, just because a person feels that way does not mean that they think less of the person.   So, no, believing in the Bible does not make you homophobic.   

• Love 14

The good thing about this season is that there won’t be field shows since cheerleaders aren’t allowed on the fields only those deck performances so I won’t have to be bored to death watching Maddie and Tessa rotate point and then hopefully next year they’ll be back on the field and Gina will be point with Maddie and Tess retired!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

Just to be clear, my comment about insider info had nothing to do with comments about Rachel.  Which is why, right after posting, I went back and separated the statements.

Edited by suebee18
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

As far as Kat, I can’t and never could speak on her. However, someone came here and dropped the name of a player she was rumored to have slept with. Even if it’s a lie, there could  always be some truth to it. Why would someone choose that Jaylon guy of all players? What has he done? Sydney on the other hand, is absolutely following a player to Dallas. I am an ex dancer in Atlanta, we have several mutual friends, and everyone knows she’s been chasing this guy for well over a year in spite of the fact that he has a small baby and is still rumored to be involved with his child’s mother. The moment I mentioned this guy could be found liking her pictures on Instagram, she made her page private. She told on herself. As far as Kat, she likely has nothing to hide. Which is why she isn’t behaving like someone with something to hide. We all read things here and choose to believe what we want, but the truth is, some of it is absolutely true to who these girls are. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, SmpIsimon said:

If you followed a religion that said Blacks are “less desirable,” would you still be a racist? Um, yeah. You would.

This is such a good analogy, wow. 

Someone recently mentioned Rachel treating Jinelle badly/less than great, is there any actual proof of that?

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Yetta said:

I don't agree with this all Christians who believe in the Bible are homophobic.  You can think that acting on it is a sin, without thinking that the person is less of a person.   Just like you can think that a spouse having an affair is committing a sin, without thinking that the person is less of a person.   All people are sinners.   Also, just because a person feels that way does not mean that they think less of the person.   So, no, believing in the Bible does not make you homophobic.   

I might be more amenable to this argument if those Christians were following all the dictates of the Bible and not just those that happen to align with their own prejudices.  To me, that is homophobia:  

https://www.salon.com/2014/05/31/11_kinds_of_bible_verses_christians_love_to_ignore_partner/ 

Edited by SmpIsimon
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, vanillagum said:

Someone recently mentioned Rachel treating Jinelle badly/less than great, is there any actual proof of that?

She commented on Jinelles engagement post congratulating her. I wonder if her views have changed, or if she was simply being polite

15 hours ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

YES! Thank you. There’s a reason why Cassie’s post was quickly disregarded by many people. We know who she is, and we know that she’s biased. So, why take the word of an anonymous person as gospel when that person’s affiliations and biases are unknown? Frankly, it’s always appeared that some insider info comes from people who have a personal axe to grind with some of the DCCs. That’s life though. In general, all information, except from people whom you 100% trust, should be taken with a grain of salt. 

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

There is 0 proof whether she treated her less than great and until it gets proven I won't believe it 🤭

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, CashandPrizes212 said:

Just a quick observation that there has been insider info shared here that has proven true.  Perhaps that is why some choose to believe it?

• Love 17
2 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

The use of the word homophobic in regards to Rachel should be carefully used since it has such far reaching implications. If one is fine with these implications e.g. ‘following the muslim, jewish and big chunks of christian faith is homophobic’ then indeed Rachel is homophobic. 

I think that all the works of perfect Christian virtue spring from love and have no other objective than to arrive at love.
I would never say, do or write anything homophobic.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

would never say, do or write anything homophobic.

And with that sentiment at heart of your core values, you probably wouldn’t like things on Twitter that were specifically homophobic, amongst other problematic posts. This is something Rachel W has done on her personal Twitter account in the past.  

I’m a big believer of a change of heart once people leave the bubbles of their youth and have an opportunity to expand their worldview. I would think she could have easily done that through university and the pageant circuit, but maybe moving to Dallas also helped her along that journey.  Maybe past beliefs came from a place of ignorance, and hopefully she’s more open minded as she gets older and matures.   She’s certainly gotten more social media savvy.

She’s beautiful, a great dancer, and surface level probably a solid ambassador at appearances. But the Halloween costume and her social media activity in the past shows an opportunity for some serious personal growth, I hope she’s doing that work. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, DCCland said:

The good thing about this season is that there won’t be field shows since cheerleaders aren’t allowed on the fields only those deck performances so I won’t have to be bored to death watching Maddie and Tessa rotate point and then hopefully next year they’ll be back on the field and Gina will be point with Maddie and Tess retired!!

Gina is the entire package and I don't understand why she isn't point or right behind point.  She has great showmanship.  Every look, every toss of the head...the girl knows how to work it. 

I loved Amy and was fine with her being point, but not Maddie.   I just don't find her impressive.  Now this comes from someone who doesn't know anything about dance, so I could never critique who is the best dancer on the team.  But Maddie IMO doesn't have that "it" factor, which doesn't necessarily equate to being sexy.  Amy was never really sexy but there's a girl-next-door cuteness about her that people like and respond to.  KaShara could be sexy and cute. Gina can never be considered girl-next-door, but she looks approachable, she definitely can pull off sexy AND dance wise she's so good you can't see her actually "working".  She puts in a lot of little touches to her routine that no one else does but it really makes her pop.  I could see Gina having no problem being a dancer in a Broadway show or being a Rockette, or at the very least getting down to the final audition.  She's just that good.  

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Gina is the entire package and I don't understand why she isn't point or right behind point.  She has great showmanship.  Every look, every toss of the head...the girl knows how to work it. 

Has anyone ever quoted themselves, LOL?  I'm doing it, because I should have expanded on my Gina lovefest.  The reason Gina stands out so much more than the other girls and deserves to be point is she knows how to work a room.  That room could be a tiny cabaret with 25 people in it or a stadium of 50,000.  People's eyes are just drawn to her...you can't help it.  And that's why I called it the "it" factor.  You can't learn that or fake it.  It's there or it's not.  With KaShara, that's all you saw...KaShara.  All eyes were focused on her.  Amy as point had it to a lesser extent, and it was fine for what they needed.  But Maddie, I'm sorry, but to me she just completely disappears into the woodwork.  People will naturally look at her first because she's in the front but shortly after will start looking elsewhere.  I mean all the girls work as a team, I realize that, but point is special.  You have to have a star at point, and Maddie, or Tess for that matter, are not it.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Cowgirl said:

So, can anyone tell me when Season 15 is to premier on television?  I have been trying to figure that out, with no success.  

My hope is never. Keep this year’s trash ass team off the tv 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Itswhatisaid said:
3 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

So, can anyone tell me when Season 15 is to premier on television?  I have been trying to figure that out, with no success.  

My hope is never. Keep this year’s trash ass team off the tv 🤷‍♀️

I hope for the girls the show does air, no matter how abbreviated.  It sucks to lose a whole year (especially if you are getting towards the end of your career as a DCC cheerleader).  These girls are athletes no matter what we think of them as individuals, and athletes have a very short shelf life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

4 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Can I like this 30 times? 

In Rachel's case her views were all over her Twitter a few years ago. 

She had a lot of pre DCC posts about marriage only being one man, one woman, gay marriage is bad, anti-trans people in bathrooms, etc. 

Not sure if she just didn’t mesh well with Jinelle AKA not become close bc they just didn’t have a l in common or if the gay card needs played. Jinelle kept her status and love life pretty covered. 

Edited by UnicornKicksBack
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

All. 👏 Of. 👏 This. 👏

• Love 17
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

I hope for the girls the show does air, no matter how abbreviated.  It sucks to lose a whole year (especially if you are getting towards the end of your career as a DCC cheerleader).  These girls are athletes no matter what we think of them as individuals, and athletes have a very short shelf life. 

And they’ll STILL BE ATHLETES with or without the show. Know how many other dancers aren’t given the opportunity to showcase their talent/athletic abilities on a tv show? Every other pro dancer from every other nfl or nba team that isn’t a DCC 🤷‍♀️. But I get it, this show  apparently has a ton of fans who tune-in religiously. I’m just not one of them lol

• Love 10
2 hours ago, JapMo said:

I loved Amy and was fine with her being point, but not Maddie.   I just don't find her impressive.  Now this comes from someone who doesn't know anything about dance, so I could never critique who is the best dancer on the team.  But Maddie IMO doesn't have that "it" factor, which doesn't necessarily equate to being sexy.  Amy was never really sexy but there's a girl-next-door cuteness about her that people like and respond to.  KaShara could be sexy and cute. Gina can never be considered girl-next-door, but she looks approachable, she definitely can pull off sexy AND dance wise she's so good you can't see her actually "working". 

She puts in a lot of little touches to her routine that no one else does but it really makes her pop.

I could see Gina having no problem being a dancer in a Broadway show or being a Rockette, or at the very least getting down to the final audition.  She's just that good.  

This aspect of Gina's dancing has been discussed in the past by other posters.  This is why she will probably never be point. 

• Love 1