Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

A few things:

1) Regarding Taylor only having to audition on the one day, a lot of the girls are unhappy that she got this special privilege.  Btw, Taylor is good friends with Sam. Hmm.

2) Most of the girls think Kristin is quite strange.  She's not really close with anyone.  Just a very odd duck.

3) The more I think about Cassie's statement, the thing that surprises me most is that she admitted they had someone test positive.  I thought for sure they would all deny that until the grave. 

4) My God, this whole enterprise has truly become a shit show.  They should use this as a case study in MBA programs as a textbook example of piss-poor management.

Taylor is good friends with Sam. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the year before she auditioned, she was allowed to sit in on auditions. You can see her in the background of some shots at finals in S12 E3.

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 2.20.12 PM-min.png

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
Just now, lizbiz06 said:

Taylor is good friends with Sam. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the year before she auditioned, she was allowed to sit in on auditions. You can see her in the background of some shots at finals in S12 E3.

Yeah they meet in college 

1 minute ago, lizbiz06 said:

I knew Taylor was besties with Sam but this is as annoying as VK... especially bc I do not see her as a great dancer at all or even that attractive she'd be a total blender if she weren't so tall...

• Love 16

This is an interesting article from Texas Monthly about DCC:TCC recruitment. This is probably happening a lot more since the show became so popular. The "I'm just in off the street, and I wanted to try out for s***s and giggles", is most likely a distance thing of the past. I doubt it will return until Kelli retires and the show gets canceled.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/shelly-roper-mccaslin-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-recruiter/

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I tell ya; 2020 is really messing with everything; even cheerleaders and mediocre reality tv shows are not spared. 

The "maybe you made the team; maybe you didn't" is kinda long for a team slogan though. A few years ago we had #BELIEVE; I guess this year is #MAYBE. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yep, and Brennan ultimately paid the price. Nobody corrects TK’s daughter. 

This is disgusting, basically you have an entitled bratty, airhead doing whatever she wants at the expense of an intelligent, well spoken & all around excellent persona of what we have been told a "DCC" role model should be.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
On 8/31/2020 at 2:03 PM, KeepingItReel said:

Show and Sell, Dancers selected to dance again-Jessica, Alora Rose, Tori, Kristin, Briana, Lily, Hannah, and Brennan. Caroline included in this group to gauge other dancers. Positive test result later discovered. Production suspended

Each year as auditions come up with leaked news of retirements, I always wonder about certain ladies and if they will retire.  2019 it was Christina because I thought she finally made it and got 2 years and is getting older and is not one of the top dancers.    Maybe she should think of retirement and then she did this year.  This year I thought of Brianna and Brennan.  Girls getting older who did not make the team right away who had 2 years of their dream.  If this was a normal year with a normal training camp, I would not have been surprised at all if Lily,Meredith, and Kristin did not make training camp.  I also would not have been surprised if the incoming rookies were phenomenal if Brianna or Brennan, did not make training camp because of the age or being out danced especially if Brianna was hurt and Brennan was still recovering.    Jay loves to comment on girls "expiration date" and long in the tooth.  Brennan and Brianna are beautiful classy ladies but getting older.  I would have been sad for them but again would believe they had 2 good years.  Just taking out my personal I like these ladies and looking at this more as a dance audition.  So to see those names in the show and sell. Not surprised.

As to Hannah, after calming down, I now think she could have deferred a year.  She could have not come to camp.  No bubble is going to be perfect.  Her choice to come.  Hannah's looks have always been some people love, some people don't and some like her dancing enough they do not care about looks.  Last year when Hannah did not get all yeses to come into camp, I figured some judges were not as enamored on her looks.  She has a lot going for her and she should just move on.  

I am looking forward to actually seeing the rookies dance on the show before I decide how awful TPTB decisions were.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, vlc said:

This is disgusting, basically you have an entitled bratty, airhead doing whatever she wants at the expense of an intelligent, well spoken & all around excellent persona of what we have been told a "DCC" role model should be.   

Exactly.  Brennan thought she was showing leadership in addressing the situation (which she was), and look what it got her.  This organization is a joke.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Blue hues said:

So do Lisa, VK, Marissa, and Kat make up a clique?  So who do the others hang out with?  Would love to know who is friends with who, as it helps with picturing who may or may not be on VKs war path...

I wish I knew too. But I don’t get the impression Kat and VK are close. Kat was friends with Amanda and Kelsey. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I am looking forward to actually seeing the rookies dance on the show before I decide how awful TPTB decisions were.  

One difference for me, those rookies may dance at SYTYCD level, but if they have bad attitudes or personality concerns, they lose me.  In a NY minute.  I am really not looking forward to this season's manufactured edit.  So much bogus BS.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

This is an interesting article from Texas Monthly about DCC:TCC recruitment. This is probably happening a lot more since the show became so popular. The "I'm just in off the street, and I wanted to try out for s***s and giggles", is most likely a distance thing of the past. I doubt it will return until Kelli retires and the show gets canceled.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/shelly-roper-mccaslin-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-recruiter/

It’s an interesting article in regards to Shelly Roper-McCaslin‘s experience with the team, but since it was written in 2012 it likely doesn’t have as much relevance to the current way things are run. I don’t doubt they recruit, though, and that network provides a lot of behind the scenes info. 

Who was the dark haired LSU dancer who got a lot of camera time during auditions but didn’t make camp? Amazing kicks, beautiful face, had danced with Erica, Cerstyn, Tess and Keyra, then disappeared. No doubt in my mind that it was a negative reference from someone in that group or from Denise.  Her too long, too dark hair was the only visible issue and that’s the easiest fix. 

Which remind me of how annoying it was that they were talking about Rams Lacey and her too muscular figure that season, but it’s the same season Lauren made the squad.  Buff arms and shoulders are covered by the blouse. Sigh. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

do we know why? or was it random

According to a friend of hers on FB, both grandparents died in the same month, and K&J wouldn't let her miss the first day of auditions.  They dangled calendar covers at her if she came back in time.  After 4 years as a TBBC, she felt that one year with the DCC seemed like four years and she was ready to start a career, which you just can't do with the DCC.

The friend also said that is why you see a lot of one year girls leave, especially lately, cause K&J seem to get worse year after year.

7 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Who was the dark haired LSU dancer who got a lot of camera time during auditions but didn’t make camp? Amazing kicks, beautiful face, had danced with Erica, Cerstyn, Tess and Keyra, then disappeared

Katelynn

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, kalibean said:

It’s an interesting article in regards to Shelly Roper-McCaslin‘s experience with the team, but since it was written in 2012 it likely doesn’t have as much relevance to the current way things are run. I don’t doubt they recruit, though, and that network provides a lot of behind the scenes info. 

Who was the dark haired LSU dancer who got a lot of camera time during auditions but didn’t make camp? Amazing kicks, beautiful face, had danced with Erica, Cerstyn, Tess and Keyra, then disappeared. No doubt in my mind that it was a negative reference from someone in that group or from Denise.  Her too long, too dark hair was the only visible issue and that’s the easiest fix. 

Which remind me of how annoying it was that they were talking about Rams Lacey and her too muscular figure that season, but it’s the same season Lauren made the squad.  Buff arms and shoulders are covered by the blouse. Sigh. 

Caroline and heather and shelly went to recruit before the shut down 

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

I wish I knew too. But I don’t get the impression Kat and VK are close. Kat was friends with Amanda and Kelsey. 

Yea I agree. But then again, I get the sense that VK isn't really close to anyone on the team or in their social circle. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lizbiz06 said:

I always wondered if Taylor got special treatment because of her relationship with Sam. I was actually surprised she made the squad the first time trying and how she managed to be the only one who was able to partake in the one day audition. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2

I have no problem they offered Taylor a one day audition because she is a teacher and could not go in the bubble.   If training camp was done in the normal fashion, she would have had no problem making training camp.  I believe after all these parents have tried to be teacher and parent in the last year, we should all respect and support teachers more.  Taylor has improved while she is on the squad and I believe she is a great addition.  

I also get why other girls may not be thrilled it was only one day but there is nothing  normal about this year.  

Edited by Lexusprincess
auto correct...........
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Lexusprincess said:

Each year as auditions come up with leaked news of retirements, I always wonder about certain ladies and if they will retire.  2019 it was Christina because I thought she finally made it and got 2 years and is getting older and is not one of the top dancers.    Maybe she should think of retirement and then she did this year.  This year I thought of Brianna and Brennan.  Girls getting older who did not make the team right away who had 2 years of their dream.  If this was a normal year with a normal training camp, I would not have been surprised at all if Lily,Meredith, and Kristin did not make training camp.  I also would not have been surprised if the incoming rookies were phenomenal if Brianna or Brennan, did not make training camp because of the age or being out danced especially if Brianna was hurt and Brennan was still recovering.    Jay loves to comment on girls "expiration date" and long in the tooth.  Brennan and Brianna are beautiful classy ladies but getting older.  I would have been sad for them but again would believe they had 2 good years.  Just taking out my personal I like these ladies and looking at this more as a dance audition.  So to see those names in the show and sell. Not surprised.

As to Hannah, after calming down, I now think she could have deferred a year.  She could have not come to camp.  No bubble is going to be perfect.  Her choice to come.  Hannah's looks have always been some people love, some people don't and some like her dancing enough they do not care about looks.  Last year when Hannah did not get all yeses to come into camp, I figured some judges were not as enamored on her looks.  She has a lot going for her and she should just move on.  

I agree with many what you said, I feel like many forget many facts, including me, Hannah wasnt a shoe in last season either. Like you said, her look is something you either love or not. Was she a great technical dancer? Yes but DCC is not all about technical dance. 

I know this is gonna be a unpopular opinion but I think Brennan would even be cut in a normal year, she is not the strongest dancer and neither the best looking. I applaud her for trying so hard to get on the team but that doesn't mean she became divine or something for me. 

I also absolutely agree with looking forward to what the new girls will bring (especially Claire W) and form my opinions on their personalities, dancing and TPTB their decisions. There is a lot of talk right now about the TCC that easily be overreacted or even false. I want to form my own opinion 🙈

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yeah . . . they are no longer friends. 

Kat's stories on the gram were shaming teammates for not taking her FaceTime calls.  I take it many girls do not want to be caught up in whatever she has been doing.

I'm sure there is some distancing going on and it's not just social distance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It sounded like Taylor had the only position where she COULDN'T work from home.  There aren't many DCC that have a full time careers, and those that do likely HAVE to WFH.  Or from a hotel in this particular case.  My office wouldn't have cared if I was calling into Teams meetings from a hotel or home, to be honest.  I've spent at least a third of the past six months with my parents who live out in the country with terrible internet and it's still been okay.  So I think that's probably just a coincidence.   There are normally more teachers on the squad from what I remember, but even that will vary by school district and/or if it's a public or private school.  Their schedules normally work great for camp in a normal year, but this year's "bubble" was later than usual.

ETA:  That said, it kind of stinks that all vets couldn't do that option, but it's not like this was a well thought out plan or normal process.  They were probably doing all of this on the fly and probably surprised themselves that only one vet needed this option.  I would have assumed at least a few vets wouldn't have been able to quarantine in a hotel bubble.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I have no problem they offered Taylor a one day audition because she is a teacher and could not go in the bubble.   If training camp was done in the normal fashion, she would have had no problem making training camp.  I believe after all these parents have tried to be teacher and parent in the last year, we should all respect and support teachers more.  Taylor has improved while she is on the squad and I believe she is a great audition.  

I also get why other girls may not be thrilled it was only one day but there is nothing  normal about this year.  

Tbh to the girls that were not thrilled it was one day, sucks to be them. You had the choice to come or not

33 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to a friend of hers on FB, both grandparents died in the same month, and K&J wouldn't let her miss the first day of auditions.  They dangled calendar covers at her if she came back in time.  After 4 years as a TBBC, she felt that one year with the DCC seemed like four years and she was ready to start a career, which you just can't do with the DCC.

The friend also said that is why you see a lot of one year girls leave, especially lately, cause K&J seem to get worse year after year.

Katelynn

But like 3 1 years girls left the past 4 years (Kalyssa, Alexandria, Taylor P) or am I missing something?

• LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Kat's stories on the gram were shaming teammates for not taking her FaceTime calls.  I take it many girls do not want to be caught up in whatever she has been doing.

Seriously???  Did she ever consider maybe they were working?

2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

It sounded like Taylor had the only position where she COULDN'T work from home

Kelcey is a nurse

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelcey is a nurse

Doesn't Kelcey work for the same office Heather did?  That office seems to be extremely cooperative with DCC.  Taylor was in the first week of school which would be harder to take off from.  

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I'm sure there is some distancing going on and it's not just social distance.

Bless Kat's heart she thinks she's that important that people should jump when she facetimes... Maybe its an age thing bc unless I know someone is facetiming me, I don't just answer it. And I agree, the other girls are most definitely distancing themselves from her kind of trouble... although, is her trouble really trouble seems as if TPTB are looking the other way for her perhaps the other girls don't feel that secure in their position as they shouldn't who knows what makes them turn on a girl... 

Edited by TB12
typo!
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Bless Kat's heart she thinks she's that important that people should jump when she facetimes... Maybe its an age thing bc unless I know someone is facetiming me, I don't just answer it. And I agree, the other girls are most definitely distancing themselves from her kind of trouble... although, is her trouble really trouble seems as if TPTB are looking the other way for her perhaps the other girls don't feel that secure in their position as they shouldn't who knows what makes them turn on a girl... 

This the same Kat who was filming IG stories/taking photos in Hannah's bedroom while she was back home in Chicago??

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

These are the two main ones I’m always still annoyed that didn’t make it to TC, along with Katy from UCLA. 

All 3 had a less typical DCC look about them and were strong dancers.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Spooky said:

I tell ya; 2020 is really messing with everything; even cheerleaders and mediocre reality tv shows are not spared. 

The "maybe you made the team; maybe you didn't" is kinda long for a team slogan though. A few years ago we had #BELIEVE; I guess this year is #MAYBE. 

Maybe far away

Or maybe real nearby

She may be dancing by Zoom call

Or on the side of the sidelines

Maybe in a house

With souped-up Wifi

She's showing her cash and prizes

She cant afford to defy

Clearly they're young

Kelli claims they're smart

Their interviews show that means knowing

The two major parties

Betcha they're good --

(They're girls; they can pretend to be)

Their one mistake was giving

their free will to Kelli

So maybe now it's time,

And maybe when I wake

They'll be there calling for her resignation

Throw her a fake graduation.

Betcha she reads

Betcha she knows

Maybe her mantra's

'Deyr jus jellus, doz hos'

Maybe they're right

As straight, and as white.

Burn it all down

Now that they're out of our sight

So now this maybe-team

The last one of its kind...

Won't you stop spreading the virus?

Try. Us.

Edited by methadonna
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Griffindoor said:

So was Brennan really let go for correcting VK but the tv produced reason was that she had COVID and couldn't perform? Am I on the right track or am I way off base?

Purely speculation here, but rooted in how my friends with Covid have felt...probably a mix of both.

She's already a grown ass lady dancing with people 10+ years younger than her.  And while she's a super lovely human, she was never one of the very best performers.  Her body is also still recovering from a super shitty illness, so she probably wasn't dancing as strong as a lot of the other vets and TCCs.  But she likely wasn't given the grace to heal for a few more weeks because of the perceived slight of VK.

Of all years to keep an amazing ambassador who isn't maybe the strongest performer, it's this one, especially when she's got a super inspirational recovery story that's camera ready, but whatevs, Kelli.  Do you.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Katelynn

I loved her. I hated how they kept saying she/her hair looked harsh. Uh, that's what makeovers are for. Not a big deal. She was gorgeous. I've seen some people say she looked too similar to Cerstan lmao

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Man, as an STL native I was rooting for Lacey so hard. She seemed so sweet and genuine

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

Man, as an STL native I was rooting for Lacey so hard. She seemed so sweet and genuine

Same! I liked her anyway but it also sucked that we have no other teams for her here in the Lou bc none of the other teams have cheerleaders, though maybe the new City MLS team will

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AYTOfan said:

I agree with many what you said, I feel like many forget many facts, including me, Hannah wasnt a shoe in last season either. Like you said, her look is something you either love or not. Was she a great technical dancer? Yes but DCC is not all about technical dance. 

I know this is gonna be a unpopular opinion but I think Brennan would even be cut in a normal year, she is not the strongest dancer and neither the best looking. I applaud her for trying so hard to get on the team but that doesn't mean she became divine or something for me. 

I also absolutely agree with looking forward to what the new girls will bring (especially Claire W) and form my opinions on their personalities, dancing and TPTB their decisions. There is a lot of talk right now about the TCC that easily be overreacted or even false. I want to form my own opinion 🙈

You're welcome to form your opinion, not all of us here have the same one it's why the conversations get so interesting sometimes, just don't forget if you're doing it based on the show you're doing it based on very carefully cultivated and selected scenes. There's so much we don't see.

• Love 17

After reading the Texas Monthly article, I now understand the system. Unless a girl has a connection to TPTB or has been recruited, it is almost impossible to make it the first year. The system is for the unconnected or recruited girls is to be cut the first year. These cut girls are only seriously considered the next year, if they try again. This is with the exception of VK. Even Kelli could not allow a girl on the team who tremendously overweight, look bad in "the uniform" and had total disrespect for TPTB to get into that position.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lona said:

My gosh, so much happening so little time to keep track of all this.

So to be clear, the season from hell now includes:

• Cianna off SG
  • Jalyn still off SG
  • Meredith off the team
  • Lily off the team
  • Brennan off the team
  • Hannah off the team
  • Briana "dances for her life" for ratings
  • Kat and Sydney sleeping with football players
  • Marissa watching Netflix instead of focusing
  • Victoria being rude
  • Kelcey-Kat bromance over
  • Madeline and Tess being "unofficial leaders"
  • Kristin is "odd"
  • Taylor J-Sam are friends. So favoritism?
  • No actual cheerleading
  • No actual rookies
  • No actual team

Ok. What did I miss people?

You got it !!! 

• Love 3