Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: Something's Brewing

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Not me!  As long as I'd be out of the line of fire I'd be happy to watch it like it was a dinner show.

Right? I missed my opportunity when Real Housewives of Vancouver was still a thing. I must've been going to the wrong Cactus Club locations. I could've gotten toasted on delicious Bellinis and enjoyed a show for free!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Steph J said:

Oh Lu, if you're playing marry, fuck, kill and the options are Sonja, Bethenny, and Ramona the obvious answer is marry myself, fucking kill them all.

Exactly. I was flummoxed as to why she chose Bethenny to marry who was downright abusive to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I just cannot believe Dorinda again this week.  I wouldn’t be surprised that she hired someone to track Tinsley.  If Tinsley would still like to make it work with Scott, that’s her business.  As others have said, Scott didn’t want to be mentioned on the show.  

I thought the same thing about Dorinda hiring someone to snoop on Tinsley. Remember Dorinda telling Carole that she had a dossier on Sonja that one of Richard's friends had put together for her. She said this before the infamous "easy pass dinner" at Ramona's house. I think Dorinda has serious mental problems. She is scary and has come close to physically attacking Sonja on at least one occasion. 

• Love 19
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

"Tell the truth or I will tell it for you."  Really, Dorinda?!  I can't help but wonder what Tinsley did to Dorinda that would warrant so much animosity.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I think that part of Dorinda's issue with Tinsley is that Tinsley hasn't been completely truthful about her relationship with Scott.  I wonder if Dorinda knew that Tinsley and Scott were seeing each other (off and on) from the start of filming and Tinsley was always denying it, so lying to them all.  I think that Dorinda, at this point, is just frustrated with Tinsley.  I could be completely off base, but I've been wondering about this for the past few weeks, trying to find a valid reason for Dorinda going so hard for Tinsley.

I'm not a fan of Tinsley's - I find her immature and vapid.  I hate the way she acts like a 16 year old - from being thrilled at being told she looks just like Barbie to the screeching.  I don't think she is as sweet and innocent as she appears to be.  She knows how to play the game to appear sweet and innocent - she is probably the only true socialite among these so-called ladies.  Yes, she is fairly kind and adopting her two dogs from China was a wonderful thing, but I also think that Tinsley can be calculating when it comes to how she wants people to see her.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

I think Tinsley’s scene was definitely producer driven as the run up to her engagement with Scott. Once again she wasn’t crying real tears (compared to Leah who was) and she made it a point to say she kept it quiet because she was afraid it wouldn't work out again, which is kind of nonsense. If the guy is *THAT bad for you, then you shouldn't be seeing him in the first place. But if he is truly wonderful, why would you keep it quiet? I think they were secretly seeing each other the whole season, and that is how the producers created Tinsley's arc. I am confident Bruce was really Scott, even though someone claims to have seen Tinsley with “Bruce.” Pics or it didn’t happen. 

ETA: I thought it was rather convenient that “Bruce” was also in Chicago.

😉

12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I think that part of Dorinda's issue with Tinsley is that Tinsley hasn't been completely truthful about her relationship with Scott.  I wonder if Dorinda knew that Tinsley and Scott were seeing each other (off and on) from the start of filming and Tinsley was always denying it, so lying to them all.  I think that Dorinda, at this point, is just frustrated with Tinsley.  I could be completely off base, but I've been wondering about this for the past few weeks, trying to find a valid reason for Dorinda going so hard for Tinsley.

I'm not a fan of Tinsley's - I find her immature and vapid.  I hate the way she acts like a 16 year old - from being thrilled at being told she looks just like Barbie to the screeching.  I don't think she is as sweet and innocent as she appears to be.  She knows how to play the game to appear sweet and innocent - she is probably the only true socialite among these so-called ladies.  Yes, she is fairly kind and adopting her two dogs from China was a wonderful thing, but I also think that Tinsley can be calculating when it comes to how she wants people to see her.

YES!!!!

ETA: This is exactly what I meant when I said I don't think she's so sweet under her candy shell. She's all grocery store birthday cake on the outside, and quite frankly lacking character on the inside. It is becoming clear to me that she put up with all of the abuse this season because she was lying in the first place. It does not excuse how others behaved towards her. But now it makes more sense. Pretty hard to stand up for yourself when there's no leg to stand on.

Edited by RedDelicious
iPhone word salad.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

What's with Dorinda saying to Tinsley that she needs to tell the group or she's going to? 

That sure backfired on Dorinda! (Most of) the ladies at the table basically told Tinsley to just do what ever feels right for her. Then the camera pans over to Sonja with her jealous bitch face on. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I think that part of Dorinda's issue with Tinsley is that Tinsley hasn't been completely truthful about her relationship with Scott. 

Dorinda changes what is happening with her and John on the daily. So what if Tinsley isn’t sure where things stand, why the hell would she be honest with any of these women but particularly Dorinda. They aren’t friends and Dorinda is vicious. Even if they were BFF it doesn’t explain Dorinda’s absolutely atrocious behavior.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22
(edited)

Ramona saying you have to have a certain demeanor to hang out with them  Ha! What would that be. Throwing yourself at anything with a penis? Or getting sloppy Sonyia drunk waving her legs in the air and showing her vagina  

Edited by Lady of nod
Mistype
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Lu’s hat/fascinator looked like some kind of yellow muppet thing to me at first.  Big Bird’s wing or something.  

Luann's fascinator appeared like it had a jaundiced fist on it, as if she was making some kind of surreptitious statement to the viewers. I thought to myself, "I didn't know the Countess got down like that!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I just found this boring....and I’m not easily bored. It fluctuated between boring and sad. All the cast seemed to be trying too hard. Did THEY come up with that crap or were they directed? It’s a real chore to watch it now....I just don’t find it REAL anymore. ( Pardon the pun.) lol

I was glad they ran the old footage of Ramona throwing her wine glass and hitting someone in the face....in the boat...who was that? 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

was glad they ran the old footage of Ramona throwing her wine glass and hitting someone in the face....in the boat...who was that? 

Kristen Taekman.

• Love 4

I strongly dislike Ramona. I have for a long time but her behavior with those guys at the bar was disgusting. So what if they're from Alabama/Arkansas. Why is that funny? 

Ramona is a natural born a$$hole. 

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, Rahul said:

Luann's fascinator appeared like it had a jaundiced fist on it, as if she was making some kind of surreptitious statement to the viewers. I thought to myself, "I didn't know the Countess got down like that!"

I thought that was a gold apple on her fascinator, like the apples they all hold in the credits.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think I have said this before but it bears  repeating, Rhony is a breath of fresh air compared to Rhobh. I swear my blood pressure rises astronomically after that one. I can't be mad at Ramona and Sonja's silly antics. They are actually, dare I say, the FUN drunks. Leah is the opposite. I too need her replaced with Elyse who fits in better and is much classier. 

I did not like how Dorinda bullied Tinsley into telling the group and how she treated her like a criminal. She actually has eyes on her (did she hire a mossad agent like she did Sonja and keep a file on her?) Or just a messy producer in her ear? Either way, it's beyond obsessive.

At the same time, I am kind of tired of Tinsley's immature screeching and judgmental attitude. Let the cougars have fun on their last day and you can have your dinner with Leah and her sister who for sure ruined the dynamic and thus Ramonja adopted a laissez faire attitude. I would not blame them.  I think I would have much rather joined the cougars at the bar but only to observe.😂

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
typo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Wow. These bitches are drunk as shit. Fucking embarrassing. I'm late to the party; haven't watched this franchise in years; is this normal? Is the Countess the only one to have gone to rehab? Because, goddamn!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Sonja and Romona are two of the tackiest, classless, clueless, uneducated shrews ever.  All of these women (except Elyse) have been messy and inappropriate, but Sonja and Romona are the most embarrassing when they are out in public IMO.  Watching them flirt with the two guys from Hair Club for Men was weird.  It was incredibly rude to the restaurant staff to not sit at the table.  They all behaved badly in the restaurant, and once again my sympathies go out to the staff and other patrons.

Tinsley is pathetic with the baby voice, the pretty pretty princess clothing, the teary tantrums... at her age it’s just pathetic.

Watching these woman behaving badly all these seasons, and especially this season, a thought popped into my head tonight.  Remember the Barry Manilow classic, “Copacabana”?  This is what I think of when I see these women prowling around for men in bars and over drinking and crying over what had been...

Her name is Lola, she was a showgirl
But that was thirty years ago, when they used to have a show
Now it's a disco, but not for Lola
Still in dress she used to wear
Faded feathers in her hair
She sits there so refined, and drinks herself half-blind
She lost her youth and she lost her Tony
Now she's lost her mind

These Housewives are all aging, sad, has been LOLAS.

I agree....I actually think I've referenced Lola from Copacabana in the past, comparing both Sonja and Luann, but now, I think I can also add Ramona to the comparison.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just found this boring....and I’m not easily bored. It fluctuated between boring and sad. All the cast seemed to be trying too hard. Did THEY come up with that crap or were they directed? It’s a real chore to watch it now....I just don’t find it REAL anymore.

Agreed. I can visualize each woman's own producer pulling them aside before any group scenes and coaching them to bring more of the "crazy" because viewers lap it up.

It seems every season they try and up the ante on the outrageous factor, but those unforgettable moments from previous seasons (ie. Clip!) were unscripted gems of hilarity that happened organically, perhaps with the help of some libations. The collective energy of this group is definitely off with Bethenny gone.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Rahul said:

To be honest, all the hats and fascinators were pretty bad.  Dorinda's was kind of cute.  Leah's fascinator looked like she was wearing a molting swan on her head and Luann's looked like a dead sunflower.  Ramona looked like Queen Elizabeth (as someone else mentioned upthread) - very dowdy (and where did she get that fascinator and when did she switch from the old lady straw hat to the fascinator??).  Sonja looked sloppy, from head to toe.  Elyse looked good, and Tinsley looked like, well, Tinsley.  Ruffles, puffy sleeves and short skirt - she certainly has a look that she sticks with.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

It’s almost like slapstick comedy. And I don’t like slapstick comedy. It’s not funny at all, imo. Sort of reminds me of the the comedy of CarrotTop. I never found him amusing either.  But, you know...the other franchises are sucking too. I can’t get through 20 minutes oh RHOBH.......maybe, they’ve just lost it.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, ichbin said:

This is something that bothers me a great deal about Leah.  She claims to be so "downtown" or the antithesis of a UES lady, but yet, she's not, based on a lot of the clothes she wears, like this sweater, and bags she carries.  I've already seen her with YSL handbags, Louis Vuitton luggage and Burberry tote bags.  

Why isn't she promoting her own fashion line or does it no longer exist? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Why is Dorinda obsessed with Tinsley seeing Scott in Niagara Falls ?

I think it’s a matter of grasping at straws.  There’s just not much to work with.....I still suspect it was Dorinda‘s homework. Lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

"Tell the truth or I will tell it for you."  Really, Dorinda?!  I can't help but wonder what Tinsley did to Dorinda that would warrant so much animosity.

So dramatic. If you just heard someone say that you would think a person cheated on their spouse or did a hit and run.  But no, tell the truth about going on a date or I will! 

I don’t think Tinsley wants to talk about it because she’s not sure it will work out and she really wants it to.  Big deal. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Steph J said:

Damn, what kind of voodoo is Leah working with these women that all she has to say is "Sorry" and everyone immediately forgives and defends her?

(Not that it isn't refreshing not to have to spend 3 episodes of a housewives show watching the group hold a referendum on someone's behavior at one specific event.)

THIS. 
It’s not just Leah. This cast is very willing to fight, make up, and move on to the next drama.
which makes it SO much more entertaining than, say RHOBH, where they pick one lame fight to focus on (pantygate, puppygate) for the ENTIRE season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
(edited)

Omg, this Canadian got such a thrill hearing Toronto mentioned on this show!

Is Dorinda's obsession with Tinsley and Scott to give her more airtime?  The way her head shook back and forth like 3 times when she said "Why are we lying about this?" just seemed really over-acted and fake.

God Dorinda is so awful and nasty.

I can't believe Sonja actually gave advice to Tinsley to move things forward with Scott.  I'm shocked?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Wasn’t Dorinda wearing the same sweater in day 1 of this trip when they arrived?  I know she was wearing a white Loewe’s cardigan sweater.  

• Love 7

Is anyone else curious as to how the bus ride back to the city from Newport went?  These women were barely speaking with each other, having broken off into small groups.  I wonder if they all took separate car services instead of traveling all together by bus.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

So Loewe’s is some highly-coveted brand?  $1800?!!!    It looks like something my grandpa (who died in the 1970’s) would have worn.  Wait, that’s an insult to Grandpa.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

This weekend we splurged on a brand new 4k Ultra HD fancy dancy I-can-count-all-your-pores ginormous TV. I love it. It's so clean and crisp and the picture quality is amazing.

Happy for you, and jealous!  

2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I thought Leahs parents were so mad at her.  I’m confused.  They were having lunch like nothing happened.

Maybe Leah's parents treat her very gently but Leah is sensitive and takes her parents' reactions very hard.  It's kind of sweet, I think, that she cares so much about her mother's opinion and is tormented by it.

It's a sign of great respect for your parents if they don't have to do much and yet you put so much weight into what they think.

Tinsley looked like a KPOP star or something at the tea, which is fine by me.  She has balls.  Lots of confidence to completely be her own person.  I wish she could do the same with Dorinda.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

When Dorinda starts with Tinsley about Scott for once I wish that Tinsley would stop with the crying and getting flustered.  Why doesn't she look Dorinda in the eye and say I don't have to tell you or anyone of these bitches anything about my relationship with Scott. It's none of your GD business so shut up and go pick on someone else. 

She needs a class in assertiveness or some kind of practical therapy and tips on how to be assertive.  I am not judging her because I had a hard time with it too.  

1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I think my favorite thing this episode (aside from sweater guy) was Leah overestimating the power she and her sister would hold over men.  I loved that guy for a brief moment when he got up and left.

I have been amazed at how quickly the hour goes by the last several episodes.  Thank you RHoNY for providing a brief diversion from the true reality of life these last few months.  

While I think Sarah is beautiful and I don't doubt a young, thin well dressed blonde like Leah can pick up men easily, I totally 11111100000% agree with your second paragraph.  I have no idea how I'll cope when the season is over.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Rahul said:

Contrarily, this isn't humorous to me because it was a calculated move by Sonja for screen time. Much of this show has devolved into semi-deranged women competing with one another to say and do outrageous things in hopes it appears on television. Quite sad, really.

Well I don't think so at all.  The pictures were funny to me, and that's why I posted them.  Hopefully someone got some joy out of it in this dark time.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was glad they ran the old footage of Ramona throwing her wine glass and hitting someone in the face....in the boat...who was that? 

Kristen, Season 6.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Thanks.  Maybe it was a gift or the designer sent it to her?  Wasn't Dorinda wearing it in last episode?

57 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

This is something that bothers me a great deal about Leah.  She claims to be so "downtown" or the antithesis of a UES lady, but yet, she's not, based on a lot of the clothes she wears, like this sweater, and bags she carries.  I've already seen her with YSL handbags, Louis Vuitton luggage and Burberry tote bags.  

Why isn't she promoting her own fashion line or does it no longer exist? 

So people who live downtown New York, which I've heard is insanely expensive, should not wear designer clothing?  LOL.  That seems weird.  Maybe she's not into promoting her stuff on the show?

1 hour ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

At the same time, I am kind of tired of Tinsley's immature screeching and judgmental attitude. Let the cougars have fun on their last day and you can have your dinner with Leah and her sister who for sure ruined the dynamic and thus Ramonja adopted a laissez faire attitude. I would not blame them.  I think I would have much rather joined the cougars at the bar but only to observe.😂

Same.  You only live once.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Leah and her sister are trash.  Throwing the ravioli for no good reason and after the night she had was like my last straw with her.  I’m not sure she can come back from this Newport vacation in my eyes.  

Sonja and Ramona were sitting there talking trash about Leah's sister, calling her a demon, right in front of her face.  I dont blame Leah.  You talk about my sister like that you're going to get more than ravioli in your face.  You're going to get these hands!  And I'm so glad the editors showed the clip of Ramona throwing her wine glass at someone.  That old cougar has her nerve criticizing someone else's behavior.  And Sonya?!  Woman you're lucky you didn't burst into flames talking down on Leah and her sister.  Take your oversexed granny ass somewhere and stfu!  (And I'm at an age that I can call her that!)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 20