Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: Something's Brewing

• Start Topic

Just now, sasha206 said:

Why is Elyse age shaming when she looks the same age as Ramona and Sonja?

Tinsley in that stupid pink getup.

the outfit was to go with the ridiculous tea .... a lot of woman in high society who do these kinda teas dress ridiculous so I give her a pass on that

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I don't take issue with any age lady flirting, but, with Ramona, I just think it's intended for other reasons. Maybe, it was discussed with Andy and decided that's how they'd go with it.  In my mind, the age of the men or her age is irrelevant. She acts the same with men her her own age, as well as younger ones. I suspect that it doesn't really do anything for her. Just an act. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

the outfit was to go with the ridiculous tea .... a lot of woman in high society who do these kinda teas dress ridiculous so I give her a pass on that

I think she'd wear that outfit anywhere.  She dresses Forever 21.

• Love 3
(edited)

I did wonder why Leah and the others couldn't have just continued at the table, having drinks, ordering food and continuing with the dinner, comfortable with their own presence.  I wouldn't have fought to get people that I don't enjoy to join me for dinner.  The waiter was happy to take their order....Dorinda says lets wait to order, just bring appetizers. ...... I'd have said, no, I'll order my meal now. The others can catch up or get theirs to go.  lol  But, I suppose that when you are itching to toss a noodle, you gotta figure out the best scenario to justify it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I totally get it she dresses 20 years younger then she is.....My thing with Tinsly is ... is she hurting anyone tho is she a mean person... I can put up with the outfits and stuff because at the end of the day she isnt Nasty you know what I am saying .. she isnt attacking anyone or shit stirring so i can live with the forever trapped being between 21/34... I mean she doesn't dress or act any more ridiculous then lets say a Kardashian

I agree. I like Tinsley.  Just wish she'd stop with the heavy makeup and lashes and not dress so tacky.  She has such a great body!

• Love 13
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

I agree. I like Tinsley.  Just wish she'd stop with the heavy makeup and lashes and not dress so tacky.  She has such a great body!

If you look at a lot of the "high society" women and even the every day woman you will see women who have stuck with the same hair and makeup for 20/30/40 years men can be the same with the hair ... people just kinda think what looks good on them now looks good on them forever

• Love 14
(edited)

Can NOT believe Dorinda got up from the table to go and order room service, get comfy and watch movies. Alone. She didn't want any part of the shit show she knew was about to bust wide open. Who is this Dorinda? 

Oh, just remembered. She told Lu she didn't have her daily nap that afternoon. Must have been too tired to fight. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Can NOT believe Dorinda got up from the table to go and order room service, get comfy and watch movies. Alone. She didn't want any part of the shit show she knew was about to bust wide open. Who is this Dorinda? 

She was already drunk and wobbling lol her standing at the table with her arms spread rocking back and forth cause she couldn't keep balance with that drunk face she gets was funny

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Yeah.....the problem is that I got the feeling that she wanted to drink more. And, it's easier to stay out of fights alone in the room.  I may be Dorinda's only fan about now, but, I do worry for her.  I'm not sure how much is producer driven or real.  Hope she's ok.  

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

When Tinsley initially went up to the bar, Courtland was eyeing her and I see that often when she’s around men.  The other older women must hate that. 

It IS funny to watch them as a group and notice the stares that Tinsley gets from the men; she’s the classic Barbie doll type who gets all the looks and male attention, and I’m sure that’s part of the reason Ramona/Sonja/Luanne/Dorinda pick on her so much. They HATE having younger and hotter blonde competition(remember how cruel they were to Kristen?). Leah’s pretty hot as well, but I think her ballsy loud attitude puts a lot of men off(hence Courtland glancing at her for a moment when she approached the bar before bolting once he saw she was laughing at him).

Speaking of Leah, WHY did she even bother inviting her sister into that mess? Hate to say Ramona was right, but yeah, Leah’s sourpuss sissy did ruin the vibe of the crew. Although the other gals didn’t help the situation by acting like drunken fresh parolees that night.

Lord, another episode, another completely terrorized restaurant by these plastered broads. They really have ramped up the drunken mania this season. Not that I’m complaining; I rather enjoy watching rich old broads get lit in pretty places. Sure beats watching the BH ladies have the same boring fight for 3 episodes in a row!

• Love 20
40 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm 56 and single.  Thanks for letting me know that I shouldn't flirt with younger men because that would make me pathetic. 

I'll just show myself out to the nearest pasture.  And wait for when y'all are "old" to join me.  If I live that long.

Their age has nothing to do with their lame game.  And I have had a lifetime of watching older men not only flirt, but marry younger women.  So why can't women do the same?  

Most younger women don’t like older men hitting on them in bars either.  There’s a difference between meeting someone who happens to be younger and developing  a relationship with them and scoping out much younger people at a drinking establishment.
 It’s gross when older men do it and it’s gross when these older women do it.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I know what I'm watching is not real despite the show's title but some things drive me crazy. Firstly why is Tinsley acting like a scared teenager around Dorinda? She should be able to shut her down very quickly like an adult would. Secondly what restaurant puts up with these slobs? Is it just for free advertising? If your table is ready at 7, you are expected to be there and sitting down at 7 not  hanging out in the bar and then sauntering over to the table 30 minutes later.  Otherwise you are taking up a table needlessly.  And Dorinda ordering the server around and announcing to him "I'm Dorinda Medley." The entitlement of these women is astounding. Oh and she did manage to work in the obligatory reference to Richard during her drunken rambling to Elyse. Why do these women think that screaming everywhere they go is charming?  Ten episodes in and it is just drunk screaming fights each week. 

Yes, yes, a thousand times over!

I also think this was a girls night DINNER out (not bar scouting) for the women their last (?) night.  VERY rude to leave.   It’s akin to the friend who, once she has a boyfriend, never hangs out with her girlfriends.  Ramona needs to chill on the man-hunting.  I was embarrassed for her at the bar.  OTOH, she sure has a lot of confidence approaching men!

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Because otherwise, Tinsley wouldn't have a story line, and subsequently, a job on RHoNY.  She leases a hotel room for filming. She doesn't live any kind of life in New York. She hasn't *done anything all season except walk in one fashion show, take the abuse, yell, fake eat pizza with Dale, fake cry and hide her relationship (and her real life) with Scott. There is literally nothing else to talk about, because except for filming, she's not around.

That is a very good point!  Still, I think Dorinda's focus comes off as someone who is trying to find a reason to bring her down.

Did anyone else laugh that Leah really thought that ugly guy was going to fall all over her and the sister?  I'm glad as much of a douchebag he is, that he seemed to like the "Geriatric Girls Gone Wild" better.  

• Love 10

Read the articles about Courtland, written in 2018 when he was running for senate and had raised $500.  Snerk.   Fiancée’s name is Chanel.  Courtland and Chanel.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I did wonder why Leah and the others couldn't have just continued at the table, having drinks, ordering food and continuing with the dinner, comfortable with their own presence.  I wouldn't have fought to get people that I don't enjoy to join me for dinner.  The waiter was happy to take their order....Dorinda says lets wait to order, just bring appetizers. ...... I'd have said, no, I'll order my meal now. The others can catch up or get theirs to go.  lol  But, I suppose that when you are itching to toss a noodle, you gotta figure out the best scenario to justify it. 

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yes, yes, a thousand times over!

I also think this was a girls night DINNER out (not bar scouting) for the women their last (?) night.  VERY rude to leave.   It’s akin to the friend who, once she has a boyfriend, never hangs out with her girlfriends.  Ramona needs to chill on the man-hunting.  I was embarrassed for her at the bar.  OTOH, she sure has a lot of confidence approaching men!

I think mostly it messes up the kitchen. If you have a large party, it's more efficient to fire all the appetizers/salads at the same time and later the entrees at the same time. And then the server closes the check and (in theory) clears the table, and it is turned for the next guests. I thought it was disrespectful of Ramona & Co. to be hanging at the bar when they had a reservation for a proper table, and not open bar seating (e.g., where you seat yourself). Can you imagine the histrionics if the ladies at the table told the server they were a party of x (minus Ramona and Sonja) and those two didn't get to eat? Lort!

Once the wheels really came off the bus, I would have been out of there like Dorinda, and I have done that in the past. If I'm in a social situation where I don't want to be associated with what's going on around me, I peace out with zero qualms. 

I need to re-watch the episode to see what happened when Tinsley was open mouth kissing one of the sisters McSweeney. Good lord that was a concussion inducing tumble.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What they should have done was tell the waiter to split the tables back up so he could at least make money off of other diners.  They could've just had a four top for those that stayed.  It was absolutely selfish of those in the bar to have this waiter have his section taken up by them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

That whole scene in the bar/restaurant seemed completely staged and fake and done for the camera. Also, the editing at the dinner table Was ridiculous. One moment the small tables behind the women were empty, the next moment they were filled, the next moment they were empty, etc. That certainly indicates reshoot and retakes

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Because otherwise, Tinsley wouldn't have a story line, and subsequently, a job on RHoNY.  xcept for filming, she's not around.

But the funny thing with this is Tinsly isnt the one pushing this story line its Dorinda .... If Dorinda would drop it then it would end ..... So again this is on dorinda not Tinsley

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Their age has nothing to do with their lame game.  And I have had a lifetime of watching older men not only flirt, but marry younger women.  So why can't women do the same?  

HEAR HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• Love 12
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But the funny thing with this is Tinsly isnt the one pushing this story line its Dorinda .... If Dorinda would drop it then it would end ..... So again this is on dorinda not Tinsley

I would counter that if Dorinda wasn't pushing the story line, then where would that leave Tinsley. ETA: That is the entire point. Tinsley would be left with absolutely nothing to go on. Nothing to bring attention to her story line and nothing to make her even remotely interesting (and I don't think she's very interesting in the first place). 

I would have liked to see Tinsley and Leah spend more time together since they are closer in age. That would have been a lot more fun than this whole Tinsley as the punching bag story.

ETA: When Tinsley/Leah and Brunette Leah left Clarke Cooke after the ravioli incident, they were laughing and heading off down the street. Where did they go and what did they do? I wanted to see more of Tinsley and the McSweeneys out and having fun.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

What they should have done was tell the waiter to split the tables back up so he could at least make money off of other diners.  They could've just had a four top for those that stayed.  It was absolutely selfish of those in the bar to have this waiter have his section taken up by them.

I was thinking that the whole time, too.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

I would counter that if Dorinda wasn't pushing the story line, then where would that leave Tinsley. With absolutely nothing to go on. Nothing to bring attention to her story line and nothing to make her even remotely interesting (and I don't think she's very interesting in the first place). 

I would have liked to see Tinsley and Leah spend more time together since they are closer in age. That would have been a lot more fun than this whole Tinsley as the punching bag story.

I dont think it would have mattered in the long run .. they are more focusing on the drunks and ramona being in heat and dorinda being a bully .... Tinsly would have been in the background like she has been in past seasons ... not everyone gets a lead "problem" every season

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Most younger women don’t like older men hitting on them in bars either.  There’s a difference between meeting someone who happens to be younger and developing  a relationship with them and scoping out much younger people at a drinking establishment.
 It’s gross when older men do it and it’s gross when these older women do it.  

Oh Psh Shaw. I'm sure Sonja liked it when John Adams Morgan did it and I'm sure Luann liked it when Count Alexandre de Lesseps did it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Read the articles about Courtland, written in 2018 when he was running for senate and had raised $500.  Snerk.   Fiancée’s name is Chanel.  Courtland and Chanel.

I read that too. Actually the $500 initial donation was his, so he got zero donations.  And his first name is Bob.  Chanel has a shady past too.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I liked Leah's mom and dad.  Leah's arguing for why she should drink -- b/c everyone else was! -- is probably what her poor mom has had to deal with her entire parental life.  

• Love 9

In a game of Marry, Shag, Kill (I blame Satan Andy for the rising popularity of this utterly stupid game) Luann would “marry” Bethenny?  The one who terrorized her up and down the eastern seaboard from Massachusetts to Miami (to say nothing of the other 51 states)?  Why is she back to kissing Bethenny’s ass?

In Lu's mind, Bethenny probably gives better coin than the others...

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

Oh Psh Shaw. I'm sure Sonja liked it when John Adams Morgan did it and I'm sure Luann liked it when Count Alexandre de Lesseps did it.

Where did Luann meet the Count?  I never heard that story. 

And please, Sonja the hostess went after Morgan as soon as she saw his name on the reservation list.  The sole reason she chose hostessing. 

• Love 4

Luanne thinks it would be funny for her cabaret act to include Sonja ripping her clothes off again. What am I missing here? I am stupefied

• Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I dont think it would have mattered in the long run .. they are more focusing on the drunks and ramona being in heat and dorinda being a bully .... Tinsly would have been in the background like she has been in past seasons ... not everyone gets a lead "problem" every season

Ramona being in heat is so spot on - kadooz.

Regarding Tinsley, the point is she would not have had a story line at all.  At least in the past she did Big Apple Circus and Pride and frozen eggs and all of that. We have seen absolutely zero of her real life this season and I think it's because she really doesn't have a life in New York. So they had to do *something with her. 

She's an asset to the show because as a cast member she's young, rich and attractive. But we don't see anything beyond that. So it's like they had to make up this whole thing to give her something to be.

I think some of it has to do with Scott in real life. We know he doesn't like the show and didn't want her to be a part of it. So because of that and it being her last season, she put up the walls and rolled with the punches.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Ramona being in heat is so spot on - kadooz.

Regarding Tinsley, the point is she would not have had a story line at all.  At least in the past she did Big Apple Circus and Pride and frozen eggs and all of that. We have seen absolutely zero of her real life this season and I think it's because she really doesn't have a life in New York. So they had to do *something with her. 

She's an asset to the show because as a cast member she's young, rich and attractive. But we don't see anything beyond that. So it's like they had to make up this whole thing to give her something to be this season.

I think some of it has to do with Scott in real life. We know he doesn't like the show and didn't want her to be a part of it. So because of that and it being her last season, she put up the walls and rolled with the punches.

I'm gonna miss Tinsly but Good on her getting the hell away from these drunk geriatric jackals

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I'm gonna miss Tinsly but Good on her getting the hell away from these drunk geriatric jackals

I agree. Ramona and Sonja being all threatened by the younger and more attractive women is just not a good look. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Tinsley’s style has greatly improved since her first season, when she dressed like an eight-year-old.  Every now and then it’s still a miss (not a fan of the tea-party get-up) but she looked fabulous at the dinner in the beginning of the episode, probably the best I’ve seen her look - that wavy hairstyle was very flattering -just wish she would chill on those heavy fake lashes.

I did notice Arkansas guy eying her at the bar!  Reminds me of how Adam (Carole’s man) would kinda look at her.  She doesn’t even seem to notice, which is a shame because if I was her I would use that to subtly annoy Sonja and Ramona.  

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What was the insult that the guy at the bar gave to Leah and her sister?  Was it bleeped out? I didn't catch it.

Leah said to the guy they are trying to get the women back to their dinner table, so the guy said something like that's not really my problem, it's yours. Then got up and left. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

but I think her ballsy loud attitude puts a lot of men off(hence Courtland glancing at her for a moment when she approached the bar before bolting once he saw she was laughing at him).

I'm glad someone else caught this too, I thought I was the only one who noticed his look. It went from "Oh yeaaaaaaaaaah" to "Hell naaaaaaaah" really quick once she opened her mouth to talk. 

• Love 10
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Tinsley’s style has greatly improved since her first season, when she dressed like an eight-year-old.  Every now and then it’s still a miss (not a fan of the tea-party get-up) but she looked fabulous at the dinner in the beginning of the episode, probably the best I’ve seen her look - that wavy hairstyle was very flattering -just wish she would chill on those heavy fake lashes.

Doesn't Tinsley have her own lash line? She might just be trying to promote her own product. It's less offensive than Skinnygirl being shoved in our faces every time Bethenny was on screen (for the record, I liked Bethenny and good on her for her business but holy hell, that got annoying). 

ETA: Not saying it's a good promotion of her product but it might explain why she always has ten pounds of fake lashes and mascara on. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, laprin said:

Fire all of them except Leah and Tinsley. Ramona commenting on the way anyone acts as if she has an ounce of class is peak delusional.  I’ve been over skanky Sonja for two seasons now. Really, it’s time for a new cast. 

Here here!!!! These women aren't housewives...none of them are even married. Hey Bravo...time to change up the cast and actually hire women who are housewives and are under the age of 50.

21 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Doesn't Tinsley have her own lash line? She might just be trying to promote her own product. It's less offensive than Skinnygirl being shoved in our faces every time Bethenny was on screen (for the record, I liked Bethenny and good on her for her business but holy hell, that got annoying). 

ETA: Not saying it's a good promotion of her product but it might explain why she always has ten pounds of fake lashes and mascara on. 

Bethenny worked a deal out with Bravo that allowed her to promote Skinny Girl on the show with product placements or through Skinny Girl events. That's how bad they wanted her back.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Dude, I call people "dude" all the time. The husband, my mom, my friends, random people on the street. In recent years, "dude" has become pretty non-gendered and a neutral term to call someone. It can also be used as an exclamation but works especially well if you put a SoCal accent on it. I'm also pretty much the same age range as Leah and her sister. 

Maybe it’s a Canadian thing? I use dude a lot too. Dude. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Bethenny worked a deal out with Bravo that allowed her to promote Skinny Girl on the show with product placements or through Skinny Girl events. That's how bad they wanted her back.

I remember that but after awhile, the constant shots of Skinnygirl products turned perfectly to face the camera and stacked in a nice pyramid behind every conversation and labels always facing out unnaturally even when using them took all the natural and spontaneous feeling out of any scene they were in. Like, conversations couldn't happen until all the product was properly faced and organized. 

Just now, marymary said:

Maybe it’s a Canadian thing? I use dude a lot too. Dude. 

I wonder if it's a geographical thing. Like, East Coast doesn't really use it (why would they? They have "b'y") and West Coasters use it more and Torontonians think they're the only people in the world that use it because the world revolves around them. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm 56 and single.  Thanks for letting me know that I shouldn't flirt with younger men because that would make me pathetic. 

I'll just show myself out to the nearest pasture.  And wait for when y'all are "old" to join me.  If I live that long.

My guy is 10 years younger. Ain’t no shame in our game, Dososog. 😘

• Love 18

I thought it said a lot about Dorinda’s drinking habits when she was slightly tipsy and leaving the restaurant.  She said she had wanted to stay home, watch Ghost Hunters and fall asleep around 6:30. Asleep by 6:30?  Alrighty then.  

• Love 6
(edited)

What was the insult that the guy at the bar gave to Leah and her sister?  Was it bleeped out? I didn't catch it.

I thought he said that it was their F***ing problem.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that!  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Like 1
  • Love 7