Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: Something's Brewing

• Start Topic

"said, the Countess is not resurrecting cabaret."

Oh but she is- it's tacky, sexually suggestive in a Sonya way, and badly done. I don't think anyone else is doing that. Thank god.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Yeah, my issue with Ramona and Sonja isn't them flirting per se, just that their game needs work and fine tuning. A lot of work and fine tuning.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

The collective energy of this group is definitely off with Bethenny gone.

Remember how everyone was harping about how the women could truly be free and express themselves now that Bethenny was no longer around to stifle them? Who knew this would be the result. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Remember how everyone was harping about how the women could truly be free and express themselves now that Bethenny was no longer around to stifle them? Who knew this would be the result. 

It probably is true that Bethenny stifled them with her endless need to be front and center - and they are freely expressing themselves now (in a nightmarish sort of way). Problem is, the remaining “friend group” members have spiraled into drunkenness, delusion and a desperation to remain sexually attractive - and the new “friend” has bipolar II disorder and shouldn’t be drinking at all. What a mess!

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
(edited)
15 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I just don't get why Dorinda feels like she gets to spring an attack on Tins because she went out with Scott once and everyone found out about John from Page 6?  Someone needs to smack her down and preferably Tinsley if she could ever get out of her own way.

Everyone supports Dorinda and I really would like that to end. Now dammit. I hope someone makes my wish come true.

I might or might not be extra cranky today, don't know.

I wish someone would teach Tinsley to find her voice, to stop being the pretty little girl her mother manipulated, to say what she wants and needs unapologetically, to draw clear boundaries with people - and I’ll bet in finding that voice she would let go of the high-pitched whine.

(In the restaurant, Tinsley should have given up the big table and taken a small table with those who wanted to eat - ignored the women at the bar completely.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 17

In the restaurant, Tinsley should have given up the big table and taken a small table with those who wanted to eat - ignored the women at the bar completely

Damned if you do, damned if you don't with this group. Had Tinsley and the others done that, Ramona, Sonja, and Luann would have then probably whined, moaned, and complained about how the other women were rude not to wait for them.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sadie said:

I’m fascinated with the talk of age shaming and older women flirting. I’m 52 and there is nothing wrong with flirting, even with younger men (which I’ve done on occasion), the issue with Romana and Sonya is they aggressively flirt and aren’t paying attention to the social cues the guy is throwing back at them. Flirting and being sexual at any age is great, but continuing to “flirt” when the other person is clearly not interested is desperate, and that’s for men and women of any age. I know within about a minute if a man is interested, Romana emabarasses herself because she’s so self centered that she isn’t paying attention to the other person. She just thinks she’s so cute and flirty that it’s okay to keep going and going, when sweater guy is looking at his phone and turning his back on her it means “not interested”, but that’s where a self aware person says “so nice speaking to you” and exits stage left. It’s the “tone deafness” with which they flirt that is the problem, not their age. 

So much in agreement!  Ramona and Sonja take it even further than desperate - if someone is showing they’re not interested, and the aggressive flirting continues without missing a beat, it’s creepy as hell and actually harassment.  Damn.  If a guy was on me like that I’d get up and change my seat.  Sonja and Ramona’s being female does not make this behavior ‘cute’.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, film noire said:

This season is such a shit show, I'd happily watch Tinsley do anything;  clean silver, sort socks, obsess about where to store her goldfish crackers ("Maybe I need to imagine a session with Marie Kondo...."Do the goldfish crackers in the fridge bring you joy, Tinsley?" NO! NO they do not, Imaginary Marie Kondo! I want them on the bed, when I have no pasta bowl waiting for me when I wake!") I'd watch Tins read her horoscope.  throw out old make-up, discuss the X-Files on some obscure fan site (raging against other posters - "You heffa!  I myself love complex hair, but Scully's hair was very underappreciated!") At this point, I'd fucking watch Tins do almost anything other than see "It places the lotion in the basket" Dorinda (currently cycling through a flow chart of sorta-drunk, hella drunk,  and about-to-hurl drunk) with her belly forever full of rage - mouth word-gobbling like a turkey - as she stalks Tinsley.

Shit happens ; )

Because age is being used as a whip, an insult, a tool to shame women; it's being used as proof an "older" woman needs to stop thinking she has the right to flirt & banter & feel sexually alive, when clearly, she must instead take to her rocking chair to live out her old-lady days (perhaps forgiven for panting heavily over a passage from Outlander, but nothing more, you old hag.) I find it especially puzzling as an insult because in this fucked-up misogynist world, the shelf life allowed to women to be approvingly/proudly in search of their own sexual joy is VERY short, with every women over 30 being juuuust a bit too old for some male cohort lurking somewhere. 

Fuck that noise. If you're a woman who wants to put on her highest heels and lippy (or jeans and tank top) and flirt with a man or woman you find pleasing  - on your terms, not anybody else's - then go for it, be you eighteen or eighty.

I definitely don’t think she should be sitting in a rocking chair, however, I do not think it’s cute the way her legs start percolating when she sees a third leg walk into a room. The way she a Sonja hang all over men is laughable because it makes them look thirsty.
She was all up in that mans face, even after he said he was engaged, just to prove to herself she’s still got it.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't with this group. Had Tinsley and the others done that, Ramona, Sonja, and Luann would have then probably whined, moaned, and complained about how the other women were rude not to wait for them.

Those three act more entitled than anyone I’ve ever seen up close - I’d put up with their bullshit for about 30 seconds. 

• Love 10
(edited)
6 hours ago, film noire said:

This season is such a shit show, I'd happily watch Tinsley do anything;  clean silver, sort socks, obsess about where to store her goldfish crackers ("Maybe I need to imagine a session with Marie Kondo...."Do the goldfish crackers in the fridge bring you joy, Tinsley?" NO! NO they do not, Imaginary Marie Kondo! I want them on the bed, when I have no pasta bowl waiting for me when I wake!") I'd watch Tins read her horoscope.  throw out old make-up, discuss the X-Files on some obscure fan site (raging against other posters - "You heffa!  I myself love complex hair, but Scully's hair was very underappreciated!") At this point, I'd fucking watch Tins do almost anything other than see "It places the lotion in the basket" Dorinda (currently cycling through a flow chart of sorta-drunk, hella drunk,  and about-to-hurl drunk) with her belly forever full of rage - mouth word-gobbling like a turkey - as she stalks Tinsley.

I completely 100% agree with you. The point I was trying to make upthread is the producers didn’t give us any of that because I don’t think she was ever around except for organized (shit show) events and a couple filming ops with Dale. I wonder if Scott was the reason because we now know when she wasn’t in New York for filming, she was with Scott/Bruce in Chicago and wherever else. 

I would have really liked to see her out and socializing with Leah. That could have been a slam dunk. I love makeup so I wouldn’t mind seeing some organizing. I also love silver so I’d want to know what her patterns or Dale’s patterns are. But we get nothing.

It’s really true that we haven’t gotten that much from Tins as a housewife. And when she is in scenes, she doesn’t participate (like not eating the pizza and lying about Bruce or the Russian spa). She is sort of just window dressing with a (for the time being) recognizable name.  

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Did all the Ho’wives from the franchise get a memo to act over the top crazy?! Sonja has become a characature of herself. Dorinda acts like a jealous lover towards Tinsley, and seems drunk all the time. Not one of these women has any manners let alone class. 

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Tinsley seems to love Scott. She has certainly pursued him for several years. Sure he is not the best looking guy or maybe the best dressed but he must have something.

Why would we need to denigrate him. None of these other women seem to have a boyfriend let alone a husband. They should shut up about him. 

You can’t beat something with nothing.

Maybe they should change the name of this franchise to “The Gross Spinsters of New York.”

She shouldn’t have to pursue anyone if she’s educated, pretty, polished and has her own financial resources. But yet she’s been after this guy who seems to want to control her in the form of issuing an ultimatum. The show (her job) or him. Oh hell no. 

In her talking heads I feel like she’s trying too hard to convince us that Scott is the one. I just don’t think he is. I’ve never been impressed by anything about that guy, especially breaking up with her, seemingly more than once. 

ETA: Guys who go through cycles of breaking up and making up like that are typically textbook narcissists. They build you up with flattery and grand gestures and then devalue and discard you, all in the name of control. Lather, rinse, repeat.  

But you’re right, he does have something that Tinsley likes. Money. Lots of it. And the Coupon Cabin jet. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

Don't you think, if Ramona had pooped herself, that Bravo would have shown us evidence? They showed us the brown on Lu's mattress, and the trail Ramona left behind in Cartagena, and they showed the pee stains when Vicki leaked on Tamra's bed. They usually are right on top of things when a HW totally embarasses herself; tho we didn't see Lu actually fall into the bushes, the foot waving in the air was close enough, and think of all the montages of Vicki tripping and falling. I don't think they'd have let Ramona get away with it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

She shouldn’t have to pursue anyone if she’s educated, pretty, polished and has her own financial resources. But yet she’s been after this guy who seems to want to control her in the form of issuing an ultimatum. The show (her job) or him. Oh hell no. 

In her talking heads I feel like she’s trying too hard to convince us that Scott is the one. I just don’t think he is. I’ve never been impressed by anything about that guy, especially breaking up with her, seemingly more than once. 

ETA: Guys who go through cycles of breaking up and making up like that are typically textbook narcissists. They build you up with flattery and grand gestures and then devalue and discard you, all in the name of control. Lather, rinse, repeat.  

But you’re right, he does have something that Tinsley likes. Money. Lots of it. And the Coupon Cabin jet. 

We haven’t really seen a lot of Scott to know him one way or another. Maybe he is very ambivalent because Tinsley is in this shit show. Now that she has quit they are engaged and can get married and live happily ever after.

I wouldn’t put such a mercenary motive on Tinsley and ascribe such a base calculation on her actions. 

• Love 12

Right- if Tinsley was only after a wallet, she could have easily replaced Scott with someone wealthier and better-looking.  She really must love this guy.  It does seem like her being on the show has been a problem- I get the impression that, despite the fact that he met her on the show, he wants to keep the relationship private.  Compared to other significant others on this show, he’s been on screen very little.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

We haven’t really seen a lot of Scott to know him one way or another. Maybe he is very ambivalent because Tinsley is in this shit show. Now that she has quit they are engaged and can get married and live happily ever after.

I wouldn’t put such a mercenary motive on Tinsley and ascribe such a base calculation on her actions. 

You’re right. We only know that he has broken up with her a couple of times and she keeps going back to him. 

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. If someone breaks up with me, I move on for good. Because they always (and I mean always) try to come back.

Also I would never break an employment contract because a man doesn’t approve of my job. If it's good enough for me, it should be good enough for him.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

You’re right. We only know that he has broken up with her a couple of times and she keeps going back to him. 

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. If someone breaks up with me, I move on for good. Because they always (and I mean always) try to come back.

Also I would never break an employment contract because a man doesn’t like my job. 

I think getting married and having children is much more important to Tinsley than being on TV so she can be Dorindas punching bag.

It is instructive that none of the other women can maintain a relationship with a man.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Don't you think, if Ramona had pooped herself, that Bravo would have shown us evidence? They showed us the brown on Lu's mattress, and the trail Ramona left behind in Cartagena, and they showed the pee stains when Vicki leaked on Tamra's bed. They usually are right on top of things when a HW totally embarasses herself; tho we didn't see Lu actually fall into the bushes, the foot waving in the air was close enough, and think of all the montages of Vicki tripping and falling. I don't think they'd have let Ramona get away with it. 

Maybe Ramona threatened to sue them - she feels very comfortable walking off the set during reunions; I doubt she’d let them get away with showing that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, sadie said:

I’m fascinated with the talk of age shaming and older women flirting. I’m 52 and there is nothing wrong with flirting, even with younger men (which I’ve done on occasion), the issue with Romana and Sonya is they aggressively flirt and aren’t paying attention to the social cues the guy is throwing back at them. Flirting and being sexual at any age is great, but continuing to “flirt” when the other person is clearly not interested is desperate, and that’s for men and women of any age. I know within about a minute if a man is interested, Romana emabarasses herself because she’s so self centered that she isn’t paying attention to the other person. She just thinks she’s so cute and flirty that it’s okay to keep going and going, when sweater guy is looking at his phone and turning his back on her it means “not interested”, but that’s where a self aware person says “so nice speaking to you” and exits stage left. It’s the “tone deafness” with which they flirt that is the problem, not their age. 

I'm 52 as well.  There is nothing wrong with flirting to me -- provided they are age appropriate (I'm talking legal and hopefully at least 30). Remember a few years ago when Sonja was flirting with the 20 year-old boat Captain?  

The funny thing to me is I get young men flirting with me.  There's a 24 year old that plays hockey in my league who sends me flirty messages all the time. I found ever since "cougar" term came out, that there are a lot of young men that seem to feel free to hit on older women.

I thought Ramona was kind of cute with Courtland.  Which is why he wasn't as rude to her as he was Leah and her sister.

What I have a problem with is when they basically sexually harass staff.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, sadie said:

THANK YOU.  That is exactly what I meant in my previous post when I got slammed.  I said “these women”, not ALL women.  I’m done here.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Yeah, my issue with Ramona and Sonja isn't them flirting per se, just that their game needs work and fine tuning. A lot of work and fine tuning.

Agree, and I think they continue the pursuit on camera to keep the scene and the material going. I get a lot of second-hand embarrassment from that.

2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I can almost hear Ramona porpoising on repeat about how she didn't get to eat anything!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

I wish someone would teach Tinsley to find her voice, to stop being the pretty little girl her mother manipulated, to say what she wants and needs unapologetically, to draw clear boundaries with people - and I’ll bet in finding that voice she would let go of the high-pitched whine.

And this is why Dorinda keeps going after her.  She knows that Tinsley is an easy target.  I'd love to see Tinsley muster up the courage to give it right back to her.  Unfortunately, she doesn't think quickly enough on her feet to make some snappy comeback.  You'd think that she'd have some zingers lined up by now though!  

The outrage by Dorinda about her not telling the group about Scott was ridiculous.  "You tell them, or I will."  It's as if she committed some heinous crime and was expected to confess.  Dorinda needs to 'clip, clip' her way back to her Fish on the Wall manor and pull herself together.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, film noire said:

Shit happens ; )

Because age is being used as a whip, an insult, a tool to shame women; it's being used as proof an "older" woman needs to stop thinking she has the right to flirt & banter & feel sexually alive, when clearly, she must instead take to her rocking chair to live out her old-lady days (perhaps forgiven for panting heavily over a passage from Outlander, but nothing more, you old hag.) I find it especially puzzling as an insult because in this fucked-up misogynist world, the shelf life allowed to women to be approvingly/proudly in search of their own sexual joy is VERY short, with every women over 30 being juuuust a bit too old for some male cohort lurking somewhere. 

Fuck that noise. If you're a woman who wants to put on her highest heels and lippy (or jeans and tank top) and flirt with a man or woman you find pleasing  - on your terms, not anybody else's - then go for it, be you eighteen or eighty.

I'd like to swap out Outlander for Jason Momoa please!  He makes me pant like a furry dog on a hot summer day!

I feel confident in saying old ladies like Momoa.  Even some young ones too.

And he likes the older ladies.  Lisa Bonet....

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I wish we could have heard the entire conversation between Dorinda and Tinsley at Ramona’s dinner. One thing we did hear was something to the effect of “you have so much more to give.” I wonder if it was in reference to Tinsley giving up so much to be with Scott. I think that’s Dorinda's whole problem with Tinsley. And I agree. Tinsley is worth more than some guy who kept breaking up with her and made her quit her job. 

• Love 1

If she is going to get married and have babies then Tinsley is going to drop this shit show in a New York minute.

What is Tinsley getting out of this show? She is not building a brand. She is just getting abused nonstop by Dorinda, Sonja and Ramona. She has no real friends on the show and no one steps up to defend her.

Thats why she stopped filming and didn’t show up for the final party.

• Love 7

If it's a Zoom-style reunion, I hope Tins comes back for it and just unleashes on a mute-buttoned Dorinda muppet flailing in her little square. Bonus points if she plays a solo drinking game, like last season's "cabaret" game. Drink every time Dorinda says John or Richard and have 9-1-1 on speed dial just in case. If it's an on-set reunion, it would probably be best if she avoids it, unfortunately. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I'm still laughing at how serious LuAnn was when discussing ravioli-gate with Dorinda.  There was some real pearl-clutching going on in that scene!!  I do declare, Ms. Tara, the sight of that flying ravioli was almost to much to bear!!

It was so, like, uncool.....

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

The problem with women like Tinsley happens when the man they give up everything to be with, gives up on them.  And, Scott has never seemed to have had a problem walking away. In fact, he’s walked away several times already.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

If she is going to get married and have babies then Tinsley is going to drop this shit show in a New York minute.

What is Tinsley getting out of this show? She is not building a brand. She is just getting abused nonstop by Dorinda, Sonja and Ramona. She has no real friends on the show and no one steps up to defend her.

Thats why she stopped filming and didn’t show up for the final party.

Tinsley quit the show with 5 weeks left of filming because Scott issued an ultimatum. The show or him. Google box it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Tinsley quit the show with 5 weeks left of filming because Scott issued an ultimatum. The show or him. Google box it. 

So what? He s actually looking out for her. This show is toxic. She has been abused and ends up weeping every episode.

She doesn’t need the money or the punishment. Good for her and good looking out Scott.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Tinsley is worth more than some guy who kept breaking up with her and made her quit her job. 

For the most part, these HWs shows don't do these people any favors.  I don't blame Scott if he didn't want to be part of it.   Wasn't part of the issue with Scott was because he moved to Chicago?  I don't think Tinsley wanted to give up NYC.   Since we weren't privy to what really happened between them, I'm just going to wish them both the best and hope they're happy.   I don't think this show would be hard for Tinsley to walk away from, given the way she was treated by some of the women.  

• Love 16

Fair enough but many people quit their jobs. Especially when you are in an oppressive and unsafe work environment. Tinsley doesn’t owe us anything and she certainly doesn’t owe the likes of Dorinda a thing.

She was smart to bail on this shit show.

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

So what? He s actually looking out for her. This show is toxic. She has been abused and ends up weeping every episode.

She doesn’t need the money or the punishment. Good for her and good looking out Scott.

idk, it sort of trades one kind of abuse for another - he’s been jerking her around all along, and now an ultimatum? She deserves better - but won’t get it until she knows that. Pulling for her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I would say she’s a 45-year old woman who should be able to make her own decisions and she should not be forced into a decision by a controlling fiancé. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I said “these women”, not ALL women.  

Right,  but the reason you gave for "these women" not being able to go into a bar and flirt with younger men was being too old to do it - I don't think it's about age at all.  Julianne Moore (frex) is older than Sonja, and I would be more than happy to watch her flirt her way through a bar full of younger men, b/c Julianne Moore doesn't pound booze, stuff her face like a demented gopher, and piss into a Jitney diaper ; )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
(edited)

Shut up, Moaner, you geriatric, crazy-eyed old hag. You're an embarrassment to the human race, so you don't get to set standards for anyone. You're a pig on a howives show and a white trash idiot, so drop the Miss Manners act. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes, and it's not even speculation, she's admitted it.  Sure she looks good but I think it's kind of weird of others to put down Leah and Sarah's looks in favour of Ramona's.  Did Leah and Sarah say anything nasty about Ramona's looks, because I don't recall any.

No they didn't...at least I didn't see them or hear them make any remarks about their looks. Leah and Sarah are younger and don't need to undergo massive cosmetic procedures at the moment. Some women go overboard...Khloe Kardashian is unrecognizable with all the work she's had done...it's almost disturbing. 

• Love 3
(edited)
53 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I would say she’s a 45-year old woman who should be able to make her own decisions and she should not be forced into a decision by a controlling fiancé. 

She wasn’t forced into anything. I don’t think Scott held a gun to her head. It’s kind of insulting to Tinsley to think she isn’t making her own decision to get married to a guy she says that she loves. Tinsley wants to be married and have some kids. Why not believe her when she says she loves Scott and wants to be with hm?

Hey I don’t want to fight either. I am just very happy for Tinsley. I am just glad that she is able to get away from that animal Dorinda.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 16

It’s kind of insulting to Tinsley to think she isn’t making her own decision to get married to a guy she says that she loves.

Well, when an ultimatum is involved...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I honor my commitments and I don’t have a lot of respect for people who do not. 

I get that, but walking away from a reality TV show where people aren't treating you with simple human courtesy is a commitment worth breaking.  Honoring a commitment is important, until you're treated like shit.  😉 

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Well, when an ultimatum is involved...

Everybody has deal breakers. Often it is a job. I have a friend who has to change jobs because his girl wouldn’t marry him if he kept traveling. It is actually quite common and nothing unusual except that it is a TV show.

• Love 11

Unlike Dorinda and everyone else, I could care less if Tinsley is dating Scott. She met Scott through Carole, who wants to play down their friendship, but at one point Carole was hopeful Adam and her would work, and she would do whatever he wanted to seem cool to him. Scott is an obsessed Kennedy collector/ historian, so he would have done anything to hang out with Carole. I think once Carole and Adam broke up, Carole lost interest in Tinsley, and then Scott lost interest in Tinsley.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Scott broke up with Tinsely to date Carole, and when that didn't work out, went back to Tinsley. All conjecture though.

The guy at the bar was getting irritated by the second. I think it was just a matter of time before he left. He was fine having someone flirt with him, because he didn't have to do anything. But when Leah showed up expecting him to exert energy to flirt with her, he was out.

This is incredibly typical for DC men. They have trophy wives and use hookers so they aren't used to direct questions.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4