Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Snatch Game

• Start Topic

Oh, Crystal...I was so worried for you!!  Don’t do that to me again!

I’m another person who doesn’t like Gigi’s jawline and can’t quite find her attractive because of that, but boy, did she MURDER her Snatch Game competition.  Not that she really had much competition...

• Love 16

Widow is lucky her Tina Turner performance was acceptable because that runway look was terrrrrrrible.

Aiden going was only a matter of time,  but I’m sorry to see Brita not only outlast her but send her home (though I do have to say Aiden just seemed to give up).  When Brita went over to hug her at the end though I was like Girl,  no.

• Love 16

Hoo boy, Damien and Aaron from Mean Girls went backstage during Untucked at the worst possible moment. Aaron trying to make light of it was more awkward than any performance on the Snatch Game.

RuPaul seemed like an outer saboteur in the walk-thru; sowing doubt and suggesting characters the queens had no time to prepare [and, for freak's sake, Ru - Crystal doesn't know who El DeBarge is].

Damn your creepiness, Sherry Pie, 'cause I wanted to see more of Katharine Hepburn. That squiggly handwriting being the correct answer gag was genius [both times].

Let's hope Gigi doesn't have any skeletons in her closet, 'cause that's the only thing that'll stop her winning this whole thing.

• Love 14

As a ‘90s child who *still* has my copy of BATMAN & ROBIN MONOPOLY, Crystal’s runway look absolutely slayed me. (Seriously, there’s a random scene in the movie where Mr. Freeze is in sexy pajamas and Vivica A. Fox shows up to flirt with him and is never seen or mentioned again for the rest of the film. It’s ... yeah)

Brita in the lip sync and Aiden post lip sync showed more fire than they have all season. 

Gigi and Jackie were both fantastic. Jaida was passable, but Cardi B has a VERY distinct speaking voice that she was nowhere close to emulating. Her look and the answers were witty enough, though.

Aiden, MY GOD. The one rule in improv is “Yes and ...” her choices, from character to execution, were abysmal.

• Love 6
(edited)

Although I thought Aiden was not good in the previous challenge, Brita's logic made no sense. Yes, there were two people in the scene but that doesn't mean you both automatically get put in the bottom.

It was really obvious in the workroom that some of these characters were going to bomb, but I was hoping that some of the queens would pull something amazing out of their asses and surprise us all.

I loved when both Jackie and Ru totally cracked up after Vanjie mixed up Julia Roberts and Julie Andrews.

A+ for the Mean Girls reunion!

Heidi's Russian inspired Frozen look was fun. Loved the giant hat. But her Leslie Jones wasn't funny and didn't look or sound like her at all. I'm glad she didn't listen to Vanjie about switching to Phaedra though. If you aren't familiar with a celebrity, you really shouldn't try to do an impression of them.

Jackie's metallic snowflake wasn't as obvious a Frozen look but she looked lovely. I liked the blonde wig on her so I hope she considers going blonde again (or at least doesn't feel like she has to stick with non-blonde looks). Her Lisa Rinna impression didn't sound like Lisa or particularly look like her, but I felt like she did a good job portraying her personality (always talking about Harry Hamlin and hawking some cheap crap). I agreed that she took advantage of every opportunity to pipe up with another joke. Snatch Game is not for the meek. You can't wait for someone to ask you to be funny.

Jaida's icy look was was pretty but I wish there had been more to the actual costume. Her Cardi B had a few funny moments but I feel like we didn't hear a lot from her during Snatch Game.

Jan's silicone White Walker look totally cracked me up. She had a lot of musical theater references but her Bernadette Peters wasn't funny.

Widow's Titanic inspired look was a funny idea but I needed more than just a life preserver and a few icicles on her face. She should have leaned more into doing Kate Winslet's character in the movie. Her Tina Turner was not funny. When the funniest thing you do in Snatch Game is bring out cake to eat, you really need to work on your Snatch Game.

Gigi's ice cream look was so cute! She always looks perfectly put together and her makeup was beautiful (as usual). Doing a robot was a huge risk but she was hilarious. She really committed to her character and it paid off. She definitely deserved to win - she had a great runway look and a great Snatch Game performance.

Aiden's abominable snowman look was just a strapless gown but this is the prettiest I've seen her look. The problem I have with her was exemplified by when she said that she felt goofy and campy because she wasn't coming off as goofy or campy on the runway at all. Making a rawr face four times on the runway does not equal goofy or campy. Her runway looks have been consistently basic as fuck. She always takes a boring outfit and adds an accessory to make it fit the challenge. Her Patricia Quinn was not funny or entertaining at all. She didn't bring anything about RHPS into her impression and she kept relying on "I did a lot of drugs" for everything. When Ru tried to lob her some softball setups, she went nowhere with them. I still don't understand why she chose Patricia the actress instead of Magenta the character. Did she just want the opportunity to say that she met her?

I liked the iridescent design on Brita's dress but it didn't look very Frozen inspired to me. Her Jennifer Holliday was very one note and not funny at all.

Crystal's face looked really beautiful but pajamas? The judges disagreed with me and loved it. The problem with her Poppy impression wasn't that she's a less known personality. It was that she just didn't make the character funny. I loved that Jonathan went home after Snatch Game to google Poppy and STILL didn't get what the hell Crystal was doing. I was shocked that she didn't end up having to LSFYL because Snatch Game came to a screeching halt every time Ru went to her.

Sherry's Katharine Hepburn was not very amusing based on the little that we saw. The best bit she had was using absolutely indecipherable handwriting and claiming that she had the correct answer. Did I blink and miss it or did they cut her runway walk completely? When I saw her outfit during judging I was like wait, I do NOT remember seeing that in the last five minutes.

I would have been fine with both Aiden and Brita going home based on their lackluster Snatch Game performances. I thought Brita had a better overall runway look so between the two of them, I thought Brita deserved to stay (pre-LSFYL).

The judges have clearly been in love with Aiden all season so I was sure that anyone who had to lip sync against her would automatically be sent home. Even without the magic trick, I thought Brita did a better lip sync. But I have to give her credit for that magic trick based simply on Jonathan's amazing reaction to it. I rewound that like five times in a row just to see his reaction again. One thing I really liked about this LSFYL was that aside from the one magic trick, it was a pretty straightforward lip sync (meaning no death drops or gymnastics).

Heidi needs to learn how not to take things so personally. Being told that you need to work on your makeup doesn't mean people think you're you're ugly.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 10

Okay, I thought they skipped over Sherry's runway but wasn't sure. Is that a first? I don't remember them cutting her entirely before.

I wish they'd had more wide shots of the entire group during Snatch Game so we could've seen more of Gigi's background acting.

• Love 2

I was overall very impressed by this Snatch Game. With the exception of the bottom three, everyone did a reasonably good job. That's pretty rare!

Although I'll say that Widow is really, really lucky that the question she got while dressed as Ike Turner was about food. If she couldn't give that "cake" answer, I'm really not sure what she could have done with Ike Turner that would have been funny.

I was expecting to find her Snatch Game performance offensive, but it worked out well. i actually thought her runway outfit was kind of offensive, though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for inappropriate humor, especially in drag. But I don't think that "I look like one of the hundreds of people who froze to death in the ocean in a horrifying accident" is funny. Also, she looked terrible.

And Ru needs to get over the El DeBarge thing. Yes, we get it, Crystal looks like the guy. They have the same hairstyle. We get it! That doesn't mean she could make him funny. Hasn't Ru spent the last 10 years telling contestants that choosing their Snatch Game persona based on their look is a terrible idea?

• Love 6

I thought Gigi was brilliant in the snatch game, and while she who may not be acknowledged is a terrible human being, her Katherine Hepburn impression was spot on. I also enjoyed Jackie’s Lisa Rinna. Jan did look and sound like Bernadette Peters, but she wasn’t funny. I guess Jaida’s Cardi B was okay barely, but everyone else was horrible. 

I hope Gigi and Jackie continue to do well. I like Heidi, Crystal, and Jan,  but I don’t think they’re destined for the final. I think either she who shall not be named or the Widow will make the top 4. The show is pretty consistent with the edit, so it will make the most sense to viewers if Gigi and Jackie lip sync for the crown. This is not a spoiler though. I promise. I could also see Jackie tripping up and falling out of the race at top 5 like Miss Cracker did. 

Honestly, I haven’t truly loved a season of this show since season 6, but I watch every year because there’s always at least one or two queens worth watching. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for inappropriate humor, especially in drag. But I don't think that "I look like one of the hundreds of people who froze to death in the ocean in a horrifying accident" is funny. 

Too soon?

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Katherine Hepburn had a neurological disease called essential tremors which caused her shaky speech and motions . I think making fun of her writing due to hand tremors was in very bad taste.

Aiden had one of the worst performances I have seen on snatch game. Not only did she choose an actress most people never heard of but she wasn’t the least bit funny. I never heard of Poppi or the robot girl but they were funny.

• Love 21

Aiden should have done Snatch Game as Betty Page. He has mentioned her before and it could be a hilarious character in the right hands (despite Betty Page's overall sad life story) or Maybe Louise Brooks if Aiden knows who she was. Her look would fit and could also be a funny character in the right hands but I found Aiden to be extremely obnoxious and I am not sad that he's gone.

• Love 6

I wish that instead of reading her about bad makeup skills, Gigi could have helped Heidi.  I know it is a competition and all, but sisterhood....  does Heidi have a drag mother?   How great would it have been for Gigi to show Heidi how to apply eye shadow.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Just Carol said:

I wish that instead of reading her about bad makeup skills, Gigi could have helped Heidi.  I know it is a competition and all, but sisterhood....  does Heidi have a drag mother?   How great would it have been for Gigi to show Heidi how to apply eye shadow.

Agreed, but they have so much down time we don’t see where Heidi could and should be asking for pointers from the other girls. I could see her getting angry at Gigi for offering unsolicited advice.

Also, I cannot stand Brita. Not like at Roxxxy Andrews, Phi Phi, or Silky Gamache levels, but cannot wait to see Brita and and her overinflated ego leave.

• Love 6

What was up with Ru and Vanjie going around the workroom trying to get everyone to change their characters?  I guess this group had a few more "obscure" celebrities than the prior seasons but it really seem to rattle the confidence of some of the contestants.  I can't help but wonder if that may have played a role in an overall average performance of Snatch Game (for the group as a whole).

Though that being said, thank goodness Gigi showed up for Snatch Game!  A Sherry Pie win would have been terrible.  It really feels like Gigi is following a similar trajectory as Aquaria in this competition.

I like both Crystal and Aiden but thought Crystal should have been in the bottom two instead of Brita.  At least Brita tried to have some jokes (they just didn't land).  But there is no way Ru was going to let a Brita vs Aiden lip sync slip through her fingers.

While I think Brita won the lip sync, I don't think her performance was THAT good (even with the magic trick).  It's clear that Brita is used to performing to more energetic songs to a larger crowd.  Brita's facial expressions and body language were very one note throughout (big, wide-mouth and over-enunciating the words) and she didn't react to any of the quieter moments or crescendos in the song.  If Aiden had played up a more emotional performance directed towards the judges, I think she could have won.

• Love 4

I’m “old,” but am I the only one who remembers that Bernadette Peters used to date Steve Martin? Jan could have started out with normal answers, then gone on rants about Steve Martin. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

It's difficult enough putting aside the bad behavior (to put it lightly) of Brita and [name redacted] but doing an Ike Turner impression is just crazy to me. Generally, you act in a character the audience would want to root for and Ike ain't it. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

I’m “old,” but am I the only one who remembers that Bernadette Peters used to date Steve Martin? Jan could have started out with normal answers, then gone on rants about Steve Martin. 

I wanted Jan to burst into song mid-sentence a few times. Bernadette screams Broadway, dammit!

Brita's ego is killing me. At least when Roxxxy was being a villain, you could tell it came from genuine insecurity about her performance abilities. Brita is just delusional and being an asshole.

38 minutes ago, gorgy said:

It's difficult enough putting aside the bad behavior (to put it lightly) of Brita and [name redacted] but doing an Ike Turner impression is just crazy to me. Generally, you act in a character the audience would want to root for and Ike ain't it. 

It might have been better if on the last question, she had made Ike just drop dead and yelled out "I DESERVE IT" with his last breath.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Katherine Hepburn had a neurological disease called essential tremors which caused her shaky speech and motions . I think making fun of her writing due to hand tremors was in very bad taste.

Not to mention that Sh***y Pie had literally zero jokes that weren't about her shaking.

3 hours ago, zenithwit said:

What was up with Ru and Vanjie going around the workroom trying to get everyone to change their characters?  I guess this group had a few more "obscure" celebrities than the prior seasons but it really seem to rattle the confidence of some of the contestants. 

I hate that Ru was encouraging contestants to choose characters with personalities similar to their own. I've seen more than enough of that already.

::cough:: Silky last season ::cough::

I like it when they actually, you know, ACT. The only time someone's played a character similar to themselves and actually done well, IMO, was Adore as Anna Nicole. And in that case, she managed to pinpoint Anna Nicole's mannerisms so well that there was genuine acting involved.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I’m “old,” but am I the only one who remembers that Bernadette Peters used to date Steve Martin? 

I do. Steve publicly left Bernadette for an English woman, who then publicly cheated on him with another man. Karma is a bitch! 

Snatch game is played every season.  It is the highlight. And yet, most contestants seem unprepared.  Pick a memorable character and hone in on their specific traits; make them funny so that you stand out.  It is basic common sense.  

• Love 3
(edited)

It's so anticlimactic whenever Jan goes and bangs on the giant SHADE button. Couldn't production have added a sound effect to prevent it from being such a huge letdown.

In other news...

I couldn't stop thinking of the wonderful Nicky Doll. I bet she would have made a great Victoria Beckham.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Sherry did something that was in dubious taste? [makes note for future reference]

• LOL 8
(edited)

I cringed the minute I heard that Britta was going to do Jennifer Holliday because everything that's memorable about Jennifer Holliday happens when she sings, not when she gives interviews. She's actually pretty quiet when she gives interviews. Sure enough, Britta tried to merge the exaggerated facial expressions that happens when she sings with just straight-up talking and it bombed big time.

I realized the challenge is a difficult one, but shouldn't all of these Queens show up on the show with an idea of a character they can actually impersonate and caricature? It's not about who you think is funny, or about how you know that one thing about them that you think you could be entertaining. You have to be able to convincingly embody them and have jokes at the ready that you're comfortable with. Year after year, it seems like only one or two of the Queens shows up prepared and the others just stink badly.

Honestly, I like Gigi and am glad she won over You Know Who, but the robot character was....predictable. It was slim pickings, I guess.

I was astonished to see an impersonation of Lisa Rinna that didn't at least make a little bit of fun over her lips. Her famously humongous, over-inflated plastic surgery/see them-from-space lips. It's all anyone remembers about her (from the few who do that I know).

As soon as I saw Aiden's runway look I knew she was going home. She would have had to do something extraordinary to compensate for her poor performance earlier. You had lunch with the woman and clearly admire her, so you make her sound like she has Alzheimer's and doesn't know where she is or what's happening...? Yikes. No laughs there.

I'm kind of over Britta's comments about being the big New York Queen who has to live up to expectations. This is your first time on TV, and the audience does not know you or your reputation. If you're a big deal Queen, you should be proving it in the episodes...not saying it over and over. We don't really care if you go home because you haven't shown us amazing things week in and week out. I know she's trying really hard and I'm not saying she's doing a bad job, but as soon as I start getting glimpses of Latrice Royale's attitude from All Stars 4, I start to twitch.

I didn't think Sherry's Katharine Hepburn impersonation was all that good. The scribble joke was cute I guess, but I kind of felt like we got it a fewvseasons ago with the Honey Boo Boo "I don't know how to write" gag.

I really liked seeing Bernadette Peters included, and I kept expecting her and Jennifer Holliday to trade one liners since they're both Broadway Divas. Kind of disappointed that didn't happen.

I haven't really enjoyed any of the lip syncs so far this season. I kind of feel like now maybe they've burned through all of the big seasoned American Queens that would be interested in being on the show. I mean Aiden hadn't even really performed before making it onto TV. How the heck does that work? I thought this was a show where Queens who have been working in the industry for years could compete against one another for big money and a big title.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7

I want Open Mouth Brita to go home next week. I thought she was going to unhinge her jaw a few times during Snatch Game! I was glad to see Aiden go home so Brita would have to either step her pussy up or find someone else to bully.

Ru needs to put this El Debarge thing to rest. Crystal has no idea who he is! Do the queens get to research their Snatch Game characters during the season? I have never seen so many queens not prepared to impersonate someone well that they chose.

This is Gigi's game to lose. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I want Open Mouth Brita to go home next week. I thought she was going to unhinge her jaw a few times during Snatch Game! I was glad to see Aiden go home so Brita would have to either step her pussy up or find someone else to bully.

Ru needs to put this El Debarge thing to rest. Crystal has no idea who he is! Do the queens get to research their Snatch Game characters during the season? I have never seen so many queens not prepared to impersonate someone well that they chose.

This is Gigi's game to lose. 

Ru seems a little...obsessed??...with Crystal and her very cute mullet.  (And I hate mullets, but damn is boy Crystal ADORABLE!). I think Crystal will last a few more weeks, with that in mind.

And Miss Vanjie looks beautiful as a blonde.

• Love 5
(edited)

As far as Aiden getting on the show, Season 7 is when we stared seeing Instagram/“look queens” who grew up watching the show get cast. You need to have a very well-done audition reel to get in, but maybe not necessarily video of a performance (friends have tried and it’s rather rigorous what they ask you to do).

Edited by JakeyJokes
Quote problems
  • Useful 1

I looked up spoilers on who the contestants were impersonating, and I had never heard of Poppy or Sophia the Robot and I knew very little about Lisa Rinna. So I looked up videos of them and that changed my thoughts and expectations.

The Robot was an absolutely brilliant choice. I think Gigi could have even been funnier if she had been able to capture the choppy, non-conversational speaking style more effectively, but that would have been really hard.

I still hope Crystal makes the top three, but this episode didn't make a good case for that and I don't think Poppy was a much better choice than El DeBarge would have been.

When I was learning about Lisa Rinna, I rewatched the famous RHOBH Amsterdam fight (which I had seen before although I've never seen that show) and this ASMR video of it is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

I would have fallen over laughing if someone tried to instigate a fight with Snatch Lisa and someone said "Beast how dare you." Oh well. Maybe season 13. . . . The wine glass thing was a pretty lame reference to the fight considering what could have been.

• Love 1

Sorry if this has been asked before, but who is the Queen in memoriam at the end?  I dont know if Jacqueline is her bio name or her drag name but i cant tell by the shot who she is, gorgeous glam shot.

18 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I do. Steve publicly left Bernadette for an English woman, who then publicly cheated on him with another man. Karma is a bitch! 

Snatch game is played every season.  It is the highlight. And yet, most contestants seem unprepared.  Pick a memorable character and hone in on their specific traits; make them funny so that you stand out.  It is basic common sense.  

Right!  Its like going to Survivor and not learning how to swim before hand.  Or going on Naked and Afraid and not putting on any weight prior!  Really chaps my hide haha 🤨

18 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I do. Steve publicly left Bernadette for an English woman, who then publicly cheated on him with another man. Karma is a bitch

And Shithead was the dog!  Heh j/k.  Funny as hell movie and yep i remember when they were the it couple.  Cute couple too.  Dirty deeds done dirt cheap.....

54 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Right!  Its like going to Survivor and not learning how to swim before hand.  Or going on Naked and Afraid and not putting on any weight prior!  Really chaps my hide haha 🤨

Or going on RuPaul's Drag Race and not knowing how to sew...

• Love 2
(edited)

TBF, you can go on Project Freaking Runway and win without really knowing how to sew.

Okay, here's where I need Jan repeatedly hitting the shade button for me.

Edited by PhoneCop
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Where is this shade button? I managed not to see it on screen...

Ayden appeared on Review with a Jew, Miz Cracker's recap show and she says she & Britta are now on good terms and have talked many times.

This is going to be a really interesting season finale. I wonder how they're going to even film it? Are they seriously going to wait for 5 months to film the finale to the show? Or are they going to do an in-studio finale with the Queen's lip syncing 6 feet apart from each other at all times?

Whatever they do, they're going to have to address both Covid 19 and Sherry Pie. It's going to be so weird.

• Love 3
On 4/4/2020 at 10:16 AM, AntManBee said:

Aiden, Aiden, Aiden.  (sorry Jan)   She should have just done the ghost of Mae West again.  

I was thinking she should’ve done Bette Davis in “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?”

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I thought they were technically supposed to do a real person, not fictional characters - except there's always a loophole because contestants frequently say they're doing the actor but then essentially do a character that actor played. They even encourage it, and yet I could've sworn I heard Ru at some point say it was supposed to be a person, not a character.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've been waiting for someone to do Katherine Hepburn for the longest ... why did it have to be "her." I don't understand why Heidi was so quiet as Leslie Jones. You've met her, she is LOUD! And when Jackie Cox did the classic "Don't talk about my husband." line, she should have brought it to 11, not the 6 she gave us. 

Gigi's outfit was nice and well put together as always, but it had nothing to do with the theme of the runway. I'm glad the show doesn't have the stain of "her" winning Snatch Game, but with her performance and outfit, she definitely should have. I would have given it to Jackie, but the bottom half of her outfit wasn't up to par.

Widow was extremely lucky she had a passable performance in Snatch Game because that outfit was executed horribly.

Jan had my favourite look of the runway. Though like Bob said in The Pit Stop, I liked it better without the reveal. Heidi looked great as well. And Jaida looked gorgeous, as always. But again, she was Cardi B. How was she so forgettable? Did we even get one, Okrurrr? Shameful.

Glad Aiden is finally gone. Hope Brita's next. But after them, I'll be genuinely sad to see the rest go.

Personal Favourite on the show: JAN.

Edited by Amello
  • Love 2

I'm torn between Jan and Gigi, with Jackie Cox being a really close third.  I think Jackie is a sleeper - she might sneak up and pull a fast one.  It is obvious that she has studied Drag Race closely.  I think Jan has the best overall look but Gigi has outperformed my expectations.  I thought the Widow would do better and I'm sorry she hasn't.

Brita can leave any time but I was really glad to see Aidan gone - what a joyless person!

If you are expecting politically correct and sensitive things on Drag Race you are watching the wrong show - one of the best things about this show is the queens are not afraid to go into some pretty raw humor at any given time - both on the runway, in the snatch game, and in the dressing room - that is my favorite part of the show (although sometimes my early 20s daughter has to explain some things to me).

• Love 3

If you've ever seen Martin Short's impression of Katherine Hepburn then Sherry Pie's really falls... well... short.

The gag of the handwriting giving her the opportunity to always give the correct answer was funny, I guess, but Hepburn was whip smart and had absolutely no fucks to give. You know when Chad Michaels' Cher lost it and wondered why she was on 'these chicken shit gigs?' Hepburn would have gone there earlier.

• Love 10
(edited)

I think playing a younger Katherine Hepburn would have given more room to be funny, but I guess he thought the Parkinson's jokes were his best shtick.  But even as an older Katherine Hepburn, I just didn't recognize her at all. Maybe there were mannerisms - not even sure about that - but the personality & attitude were missing.

For a fun KH, not particularly young (1973), you could draw on her Dick Cavett show appearances for inspiration.  I just found them on youtube, but two big things that were missing: first, no matter where I click on either of the two 1-hour videos, she's got one leg (left, usually) casually propped up on the coffee table or her chair, with her knee up to nearly shoulder height - except somewhere late in the second one, when she appears to be taking a playful swipe at Cavett for something he must have said.  So - capture the irreverent, IDGAF posture & attitude. Second, she's confident & she's having fun. She's opinionated, she laughs easily, & even when she's irritated, she's taking pleasure in the confidence she has that she's right.

I didn't see that woman at all. Instead we got a lost old lady with Parkinson's bluffing her way through, in that sense a little like Aidan Zayn's impression of the RH actress. Haughtier, maybe, but there was a lot more to KH than that, & the haughtiness felt earned instead of like a front. 

Edited by akr
spelling error
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, Dandesun said:

If you've ever seen Martin Short's impression of Katherine Hepburn then Sherry Pie's really falls... well... short.

The gag of the handwriting giving her the opportunity to always give the correct answer was funny, I guess, but Hepburn was whip smart and had absolutely no fucks to give. You know when Chad Michaels' Cher lost it and wondered why she was on 'these chicken shit gigs?' Hepburn would have gone there earlier.

I missed Katherine's Yankee bluntness with Sherry.  The handwriting gag should have only been employed once.  Sherry also could have touched on the many rumors of Katherine being a lesbian.  Unless that is on the cutting room floor, but a talented queen doing Katherine Hepburn could have a field day with lesbian innuendos.  

• Love 6

I'm just appalled that a room full of drag queens seemed to have no idea who Patricia Quinn was. Man. Talk about living queer history. That said, Aiden's impersonation won't help illuminate anyone. Yiiiiiiiikes.

And even if she couldn't do Magenta specifically, she still could've done the big hair and dramatic makeup and yelling and hissing everything and talk about hitting Little Nell's club later on and what not. There's a lot she could have pulled together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 4/3/2020 at 9:28 PM, bobbyjoe said:

Widow is lucky her Tina Turner performance was acceptable because that runway look was terrrrrrrible.

Aiden going was only a matter of time,  but I’m sorry to see Brita not only outlast her but send her home (though I do have to say Aiden just seemed to give up).  When Brita went over to hug her at the end though I was like Girl,  no.

Widow's Tina wig was horrific and so was her imitation of her, IMHO.

Wish Aiden (as I was rooting for her) would have been the one sending Brita's "bully" self home but she was boring and lackluster with her LFYL performance. Brita's "Judas hug" to Aiden was so hipocritical. 

Would be nice if Ru brings back one of the eliminated queens to compete again this season. 

rpdr12-cast-photo-2000.jpg&q=85

Edited by latincoffee
  • Love 2

Official statement from Patricia Quinn:

Well Dammit Janet! I have been an actress since I came over on the boat from Northern Ireland to London nearly 60 years ago without a penny because I wanted to act. I have never been interested in drugs, and with regards to my memory, I was recently applauded onstage for my sharp recollections of  filming the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I am disgusted beyond belief at how I was portrayed on Ru Paul's Drag Race.  I was flattered that a young person wanted to portray me on a popular TV show but unfortunately this is where the flattery ends. I did not respect being described as a "old cookie woman" or being depicted as a washed up actress who has taken too many drugs. I am actually filming a new movie later this year and look forward to that and there will be no drugs on set! Well not from me anyway! I wish Aiden had given me the common courtesy of a "heads up" and maybe I could have given him a few lines etc to say on the show. 

I hope I am not associated with this TV show again. From my portrayal to making fun of Katherine Hepburn's neurological disorder I found the show tasteless.

I want to thank my Rocky Horror Fans who have been amazing and shown overwhelming support. I couldn't ask for a better fan base. I do not know Aiden, but I do not wish him the upset or distress that I have felt in the past few days. 

Statement published by Gregor Gee International on behalf of Lady Patricia Stephens (Patricia Quinn)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

It makes me kind of sad that Patricia Quinn's statement apparently didn't get competently proofread or edited, but "old cookie woman" made me laugh out loud.

Also, that might have been a better character for Aiden to do for the Snatch Game.