Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Snatch Game

• Start Topic

Honestly, Aiden was so bad that she deserved to get called out by Patricia Quinn. That was an incredibly lazy and embarrassing effort. She really should be ashamed of herself, but I thought her entire run on the show was incredibly lackluster. I'm not even sure why she was cast tbh. She was clearly out of her league IMO. I wasn't impressed by anything she did on the show. I'm surprised she made it as far as she did and queens with actual talent like Rock M. were eliminated before her.

Gigi was just amazing. As the kids would say, "We have no choice but to stan." With Sherry being disqualified and almost entirely erased from the edit, I don't see anyone standing in Gigi's way until the finale. At that point, she could be taken out by a lip sync assassin a la Sasha winning in S9. But I think for the most part, Ru carefully crafts what they show in the final lip syncs to make any win (and winner) seem justified. There were reports Aquaria fucked up her final lip syncs but that was never shown and she won anyway.

At the time, Sasha winning was incredibly shocking but completely earned due to the format change. In hindsight, Shea really did dominate that season and her winning would have felt the most fulfilling IMO. But every winner since has seemed predictable due to the show's edit. I expect that trend to continue and Gigi to come away with the crown.

Edited by Victim Noises
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Victim Noises said:

There were reports Aquaria fucked up her final lip syncs but that was never shown and she won anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought it was Asia that was on her way to winning the crown and then that dreaded lip-sync happened and they had to go with their plan b. 

• Love 2

Finally catching up on this one since the DVR didn't work last week.... 

It was definitely time for Aiden to go, but I do hate that Brita was the one to send her... and was also irritated about the her bitching about Aiden being her scene partner and not being in the bottom the week before... Aiden actually did a good job with her role in Gays anatomy.... 

I'm sure the editing is adding to it, but Brita is irritating and needs to also go home. 

Snatch game was disappointing, but I suppose it usually is.  A few girls get it right and the rest flop hard most seasons. I'm sure they try to prepare or think they've prepared, but either nerves and the stage get to them or they just aren't as prepared as they thought. A lot of times it seems like they pick characters that are hard to make funny, or only have one thing to play off of, which doesn't make for an interesting character. 

I always look forward to snatch game, but it's not as good as it used to be.

That lip sync was also pretty boring! For all the things they could have done with that song, I know it’s not super up beat, but have some emotions and some movement people!! It seemed like Aiden had already given up.

Edited by roctavia
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Amello said:

Maybe it's just me, but I always thought it was Asia that was on her way to winning the crown and then that dreaded lip-sync happened and they had to go with their plan b. 

I definitely think it could have been a competitive battle between Asia and Aquaria, but Ru had been high on Aquaria all season with calling her the future of drag, her winning Snatch Game, etc.

Has someone portrayed in Snatch Game ever issued a statement like Patricia Quinn's?? Yikes. 

Best part for me were the two Mean Girls actors as guest judges. Too bad there was no double elimination: Aiden AND Brita. Again...yikes.

Finally realized who the Widow reminds me of & now that's all who I see: a very nice male security guard at my workplace.

I was not that impressed with this season's Snatch Game. I long for the days of spectacular impressions by Jinkx, Pandora, Raja, Alaska, Bianca, Ben DeLa, Sharon Needles, Sasha, Chad, Willam. I know I'm missing some. And now I'm gonna look up these & other greats to remind me of how great Snatch Game can be.

Edited by Kaboom 2.0
4 hours ago, Victim Noises said:

I definitely think it could have been a competitive battle between Asia and Aquaria, but Ru had been high on Aquaria all season with calling her the future of drag, her winning Snatch Game, etc.

In full disclosure, my own bias may have had a little sway here. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Has someone portrayed in Snatch Game ever issued a statement like Patricia Quinn's?? Yikes. 

I think it was tacky of her to respond in the way that she did. I would have respected a nice, "Thanks for paying homage to me. Wish it had worked out for ya."

(I know, I know. Aiden did a crappy job, but it makes me feel bad having him read what Patricia Quinn had to say.)

• Love 2
On 4/11/2020 at 5:48 PM, Blissfool said:

I think it was tacky of her to respond in the way that she did. I would have respected a nice, "Thanks for paying homage to me. Wish it had worked out for ya."

(I know, I know. Aiden did a crappy job, but it makes me feel bad having him read what Patricia Quinn had to say.)

I don't feel sorry for Aiden at all.  He inferred that he had actually met her (as in more than just probably sharing a table with her at some function or something) and that she was mentally incompetent, a past drug user and totally dotty, which obviously she is not.  The character of Magenta is iconic and he totally ignored every aspect of that.  Aiden was not mature  enough for this competition.

(ADDED) - I do think Aiden has potential and has a great future - but  he needs to get over his victim mentality and learn to listen and learn.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 7

I'd love to know the truth behind Aiden's claim that he went to lunch with Patricia Quinn. My guess would be that he was part of a large group of Rocky Horror fans who sat at a lunch banquet table with her at a convention, or something along those lines. Not something that she would ever remember him from.

Each season there are young queens cast as cannon fodder - ie, Soju, Jaymes Mansfield, Kalorie Karbdashian, etc. I'm glad the producers cast them, because it's depressing to see a well-respected veteran queen go home first.

Everything about Aiden would suggest that she was brought on to be cannon fodder. What's strange to me is that Ru talked Aiden up so much, going on more than once about how unique and talented Aiden is.

My guess is that Ru kept Aiden around longer than she otherwise would have, just because Aiden spurred so much drama. And the "Aiden is so talented!" talk was just a way to justify keeping her out of the bottom two.

• Love 2