Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: This Land is Your Land...or Hers?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, suomi said:

My cat watched the whole show, including the commercials, perched on the end of the bed with her ears pricked forward. She does that with Planet Earth or Dr Jeff or The Zoo. So I guess she thought the energy on sister wives tonight was coming from animals - and she wasn't wrong, was she?

Hilarious.  My dog barks at the tv when  any animal is on screen.   I firmly believe Meri deserves to live up in the trees, with the rest of the squirrels and their nuts.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Also the time when she was deciding whether or not to try IVF - she kept saying “I’m not sure yet....I need more time to think about it...”. And this went on for months, if not years.  Finally Kody said forget it, and I don’t blame him.  

She’s so indecisive, but as others have pointed out, it’s more than that - it’s also about weilding power and influence and manipulating people.  I really can’t stand her.  

right, its the wishy washy thing she does.  She made Robyn wait for over a year while she made her decision about the surrogacy. She hemmed and hawed about trying other methods, when the whole idea was ridiculous. At that point, the doctors told her her eggs were less viable due to her age. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand what Meri did wrong?  He told her where she was going and why (trees) and she said I don’t know b/c of the light. She didn’t say yes or no. So Kody tells Robin she said no and that Robin can have it, which isn’t what Meri said at all. They really should’ve asked the cameraman for the footage. If Kody needed a firm decision, then he should’ve told Meri that. 

Kody & Robin really annoyed me this episode. Surprisingly Meri didn’t. Janelle and Christine are still cool. 

I don’t get it either. And quite frankly, this all should have been figured out before they moved. Meri can be manipulative, but I do think she’s thinking long-term about her place in the family and accordingly, it affects her willingness to commit to the land. Because once that home is built, she’s basically saying she’s staying for some time.

Kody was fine with Meri until Robyn came into the picture so I am not sympathetic towards him at all. Robyn does the same thing Meri does! She’s just as manipulative.

• Love 24
(edited)

Just because I was half asleep watching this shitshow-forget that issue at the moment, what the FRESH HELL was this "argument" even about? It changed so many times in an hour I was dizzy, and I was lying down half asleep. Robyn is a stealth bitch and Meri just hasn't got the guts do what she really wants, which is leave that brillo-headed idiot.

Ok his hair looks more like ramen noodles, I agree.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7

Geez. I hope Janelle’s youngest daughter still has a close bond with Christine because it’s a very real possibility that Janelle is living on borrowed time.

Janelle sounded like she was experiencing a cardiac event after what seemed like a relatively leisurely stroll with Christine. That is scary!

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Someone should probably remind Meri that she no longer has the honor and privileges that comes with being the first wife.

Really? Like WHAT?  ::::Snort:::::      Any "privileges" go to the most forceful and insistent and demanding and entitled wife, regardless of which number wife she is.   Being first doesn't give you diddley squat except sometimes a license.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Meri won't exit from the family if it means exiting from the TLC show. Why should she lose the $$? If I were Meri I would be talking to the producers of Sister Wives about a season based on Meri leaving Kodi and living on her own. But I think Meri will hang in there because she is basically very insecure and needs a man. The divorce from Kody and the subsequent catfishing left her a broken person with very little self esteem. And to top this off she has a self righteous selfish daughter who seems to have very little love for her mom. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

I’m pretty sure he meant between Robyn and Meri but is too chicken shit to flat out say it and name names. Their fucked up dynamic has been danced for over 20 years. It’s very hard to break dysfunctional behaviors. Their roles that they play are ingrained in their beings. Sick. So much unhealthyness on display last night. I was glued to every minute of it!

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!     Sorry, I hate to write a post with nothing but "LOL", but clicking a little laughing face icon didn't do this justice!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I get that rentals are scarce in Flag. I only heard it like 50 times last night. But dang, not only is Janelle a slob, but that house depresses me. It would annoy me to no end to see my underwear spinning in the kitchen.  Could she not find a spot to put all that cleaning crap away ? Clutter just bugs me. Was that a no-smoking sign plastered on the front door ? 

Also in the previews where Robyn is saying the lord is telling her to rent rather than buy , he must have skimmed over her about how she should pay her VS bill.

Andy Kody and pronouncing lawyer make me chuckle 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

And she HATES being called out on it. When they do, she interprets it as an attack on her. She’s a vile woman. 

AMEN.  I dislike Kootie intensely but he has Meri pegged, here.  She put him through hell for about 2 years re the baby decision until he finally got fed up and put his foot down.  Same thing with the Queen of Darkness (aka Robyn) and the surragacy, Meri strung that out as long as she could.  Honestly, I believe she never wanted another baby, it was just a vile power play.

Then Meri whined about him making the choice without her.  Sorry Meri, but life does goes on, and I can't BELIEVE I'm saying this but I'm with Kootie (aka Shriley Tenple) on this one. After 30 years I'd be sick of it, too.

Poor Janelle and Christine, they don't count at all in any of this.  This is strictly between the 2 narcissists and the sociopath.  The best these two can do is just stay out of the line of fire.  😕

I can only wish them both well, and that Christine has the sense to hang on to her purchased house, for Kody is attempting to gain a mental and/or emotional foothold on the idea of actually getting rid of Little Plague on the Prairie, and head on back to Utah. If polygamy remains decriminalized then the family can indeed go back. I think that is Kootie's next story line, either with or without Robyn and Day-un.  🤫

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
6 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

She’s so indecisive, but as others have pointed out, it’s more than that - it’s also about weilding power and influence and manipulating people.  I really can’t stand her.  

This. It’s pure control. She will never make any firm decisions, ever. It keeps everyone waiting, and even sometimes trying to get her to make a decision that would benefit one or the other. It’s a total power play and last night she was FINALLY called on her antics. Kody did a clumsy job of it because none of these morons know how to communicate clearly, but I understood exactly what he was getting at. 

and did Janelle just discover the phrase “tracking”...ie: She wasn’t tracking...he was tracking...she used that phrase 3 times between the last 2 episodes. I guess “tracking” is Janelle’s new “rock star” 🙄

• Love 21
10 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I haven't been watching this show consistently , so does Meri live alone? Why is her rental house so huge?

Yes, she lives alone -- although in theory Kody should be spending 1/4th of his time there (I doubt he actually spends 1/10th of his time there).

I know this has been discussed in different SW-related threads, but I can't remember if there ever was a definitive answer as to how the money gets split between the wives.  It seems to me....although I welcome correction if I'm wrong....that generally money is split evenly between the wives or, at the very least, the number of children any wife has doesn't seem to factor much into the calculations.  So, Janelle, Christine and Robyn have had to cover food, clothes, wedding expenses (in the case of Janelle and Christine), living expenses, etc. for multiple children, while Meri has been an empty nester for years.  Why she feels that she "needs" a huge rental house is mind-boggling.  We've heard discussions ad nauseam on the show about how the quick sales of the homes in Vegas and the resulting incoming funds are critical, yet Meri doesn't seem to be willing to "take one for the team" and just live in an apartment.  (Just did a quick Google search and, per apartments.com, there are currently 374 apartments for rent in Flagstaff.)  If she's unwilling to make such a sacrifice, you would think that she might want to spend less on rent so that she could stash away some of the money that she's currently spending -- that way she'd have a nest egg if she ever decides to leave.  

• Love 10

This family has had the same dynamic since the show began. Meri and Robyn are the trouble makers. Meri is an overt trouble maker while Robyn is a sneaky trouble maker. She causes trouble behind the scenes, when she's alone with Kody. Robyn always wins. Whatever happens to the other three or anything that they get, has been predetermined by Robyn. She is running that family.

As much as I enjoy the fact that Meri brought Robyn into the family to hurt Janelle and Christine and then ended up getting hurt the most by Robyn, just once I would like to see Robyn get what's coming to her.

As other posters have said, it will only happen if Kody takes a new wife.

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

Yes, she lives alone -- although in theory Kody should be spending 1/4th of his time there (I doubt he actually spends 1/10th of his time there).

I know this has been discussed in different SW-related threads, but I can't remember if there ever was a definitive answer as to how the money gets split between the wives.  It seems to me....although I welcome correction if I'm wrong....that generally money is split evenly between the wives or, at the very least, the number of children any wife has doesn't seem to factor much into the calculations.  So, Janelle, Christine and Robyn have had to cover food, clothes, wedding expenses (in the case of Janelle and Christine), living expenses, etc. for multiple children, while Meri has been an empty nester for years.  Why she feels that she "needs" a huge rental house is mind-boggling.  We've heard discussions ad nauseam on the show about how the quick sales of the homes in Vegas and the resulting incoming funds are critical, yet Meri doesn't seem to be willing to "take one for the team" and just live in an apartment.  (Just did a quick Google search and, per apartments.com, there are currently 374 apartments for rent in Flagstaff.)  If she's unwilling to make such a sacrifice, you would think that she might want to spend less on rent so that she could stash away some of the money that she's currently spending -- that way she'd have a nest egg if she ever decides to leave.  

She needs all that room for her racks and racks of ugly Lularoe rags.   But you seriously bring up a valid point - why CAN'T these entitled women live in a ::::GASP!!!!:::: APARTMENT??  Renting is renting.  And since Meri doesn't have any kids at home... but no.  That makes too much sense.

• Love 20
(edited)

Robyn hasn't demonstrated enough on the show to tell me that she's clever enough to run things. Her reasoning reminds me of when I was 8 years old and didn't understand why we couldn't keep a pony on our carport.  She just seems stuck in maturity and sophistication of a very young girl.  This is why Kody exasperates her.  She has no real skills to manage the life of a family, but, is spoiled enough to just demand what she wants or thinks she deserves. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 18
(edited)

So now we know for sure Meri has been a stealth bitch from Day 1. 

I'm so sick of Sobbyn pretending to love her sister wives so much she will do anything to keep them all together. Such sacrifices she has had to make. When will she stop saying it was Kody's idea to move to Flagstaff when we know Dayton was going to school there and that's why they up and moved. All for Robyn! 

Also, Janelle's rental house is a shithole. 

Also, also. If these idiots signed leases, then they can't be forced to move until the lease expires. If the owner wants to sell that's fine but the new owners have to honor the lease that is in place until it expires. You don't just kick people out because you want to sell. That is what a LEASE is for. Another made up storyline. 

Edited by bichonblitz
more thoughts
  • Love 20

If they want to be a family unit again, I would suggest a mandatory group family dinner/day weekly for everyone living in Flagstaff. It can rotate properties or be held in a neutral location but I think if they do this weekly they won’t have any problems agreeing to live as far apart as possible. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Also, also. If these idiots signed leases, then they can't be forced to move until the lease expires. If the owner wants to sell that's fine but the new owners have to honor the lease that is in place until it expires. You don't just kick people out because you want to sell. That is what a LEASE is for. Another made up storyline. 

But there are several possibilities, depending on the type of lease.  Found this online:

"Whether you, as a renter, get to stay in the property following the sale (and for how long) depends on what type of agreement you have with the landlord.

• Fixed-term lease. If your lease is for a specific time period—say, one year—you have the right to stay in the rental property until the end of the term. (Renters in locations subject to tenant-protection laws or rent control might be able to stay even longer.) The new owner/landlord can't evict you (unless there is a legal reason for the eviction) or raise the rent during this period.
  • Fixed-term lease with a special provision (a right of termination). Some leases specifically say that a sale of the property automatically ends the lease. If your lease contains this provision and your landlord sells the property, your lease terminates. You will have to move out or (if given the option) sign a lease with the new owner.
  • Rental agreement. If you have a rental agreement, the new owner can terminate your tenancy by giving you the amount of notice required by law. Most states’ notice laws require 30 days’ notice to terminate month-to-month rental agreements."

Given the stupidity of the Browns and what I assume to be a higher level of wisdom on the part of the property owner(s), I'd assume either the second or third option is more likely.  And even in the case of the first option, if those yahoos (who don't much like living up to financial obligations) pay their rent late, that's possible grounds to evict them as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I doubt that was Janelle that did that...it is probably plastered on every rental that the landlord owns.

I literally laughed out loud at Kody finally letting his hair down (sorry couldn’t help myself) about how he rillly fills about Meri’s fucked up attitude when it comes to communicating with her wives and husband.  “She’s not going to be happy until you are all bowing down...”

Remember when they used to show them at therapy and she whined about not filling “safe”to talk?  She’s one of those chicks that I’d stay faaaaaaaaaar away from if I met her in real life.  There is way too much crazy going on behind those beady eyes.

Yeah, her constant "I feel like I am being attacked" is so manipulative. It was good to see the others not really falling for that line this time. 

• Love 18

I haven't watched in years but watched last night... and nothing has changed. Meri: I want my house in the trees. But I don't like trees now since I have the  MOST GIGANTIC HOUSE IN FLAGSTAFF FOR JUST ME. But I didn't SAY I don't want to live in the trees. She killed me in the "meeting" saying how she didn't say x or y, but at no time did she ever say where she NOW wants to be. Keep em hanging on Meri. It's so obvious Kodi is just done with her.

I'd like to know Sobbin's end game. I guess pretending to kowtow to Meri's whims lets her be the martyr?

It's nice to see Christine and Janelle get out and walk. I'd have to get away from the sh*t show on the regular.

The only interesting thing for me, not having watched in a hot minute, is how Kody seems much less enamored by Robin. He really seems to dislike both her and Meri, and has nothing more than a friendship with Christine and Janelle. This is gross but wonder if he even sleeps with any of them anymore? Maybe Robin...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Meri won't exit from the family if it means exiting from the TLC show. Why should she lose the $$? If I were Meri I would be talking to the producers of Sister Wives about a season based on Meri leaving Kodi and living on her own. But I think Meri will hang in there because she is basically very insecure and needs a man. The divorce from Kody and the subsequent catfishing left her a broken person with very little self esteem. And to top this off she has a self righteous selfish daughter who seems to have very little love for her mom. 

And not only that - the sole reason she's doing well at LLN is due to her "celebrity" from the show. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, suev33 3 said:

But I wanted to be closest to the pond!!!!  Its just not fair!!  (Stomping feet). Waaah  wah waahh😭😭😭   not fair!!! My mansion isnt big enough! 🙄🙄

Janelle is obsessed with that pond and access to it. Is it that difficult to realize she should take that plot?  

10 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

The solution would be, the wives sit down, figure it out, and then tell Kody what they decided. But then, you know, Kody couldn't pretend he's the big man and making all the decisions. 

Kody makes everything worse.  The wives should get together without him and sort it all out, then tell Kody their decision. 

• Love 10

The only succinct things that I recall Meri doing was giving notice of her wet bar, announcing Maria's college choice and purchasing the B&B.  It seems that everything else has been like pulling teeth. 

• Love 4
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

The only succinct things that I recall Meri doing was giving notice of her wet bar, announcing Maria's college choice and purchasing the B&B.  It seems that everything else has been like pulling teeth. 

And don't forget the catfishing!  And the catfishing... and catfishing... ad nauseam!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Just what is Janelle planning to do with the pond go swimming, fishing. boating? It's an ugly hole in the ground with poluted water. Why is Kody's lawyer advising him on the value of the land? Is he a real estate developer?  This was filmed a year ago. Since then Robyn got her million $ home after the daughter had a panic attack.  What did Meri get?  

3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Really?  You thought so?  I think the excitement has worn off, but she is clearly the favorite.  He jumped to her defense at getting "the leavings, the leftovers, having last choice" and continued defending her.  He doesn't give a crap about wife 2 and 3, and he openly dislikes Meri.   Since when has Robyn EVER had the scraps.  I doubt the other wives are living in million dollar houses.

YES!

• Love 9
8 hours ago, suomi said:

Kody: I don't know how to cure what ells us.

Robyn: Sometimes you have to figure out what heel you want to die on.

I'm sorry, but constantly havng to translate what they're saying gets in the  way. And I'm someone who enjoys accents.

That first fight scene lasted an entire 30 minutes.

My cat watched the whole show, including the commercials, perched on the end of the bed with her ears pricked forward. She does that with Planet Earth or Dr Jeff or The Zoo. So I guess she thought the energy on sister wives tonight was coming from animals - and she wasn't wrong, was she?

My precious departed cat used to love Animal Planet.  We worked swing shift and left the TV on for him.  I agree, Kootie and his wimmin folk act like animals fighting over a fresh kill.

The way they pronounce words...I have no words.  I've never heard anyone in rill life talk like they do. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Poor Janelle and Christine, they don't count at all in any of this.  This is strictly between the 2 narcissists and the sociopath.  The best these two can do is just stay out of the line of fire.  😕

🤫

They’re keeping out of it because the know they are sitting pretty with the best lot choices.  I wonder how that all went down?  I thought for sure favorite wife Robin would have had first choice.  It seems she didn’t and that’s one if the main reasons Kody is beside himself.  Would he be this upset if it were Meri vs Janelle or Meri vs Christine?

• Love 16
12 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

If I wanted to listen to a neverending argument, I would just go have dinner with my relatives. Why am I listening to this? 

I haven't been watching this show consistently , so does Meri live alone? Why is her rental house so huge?. And what is up with Kodys hair?

Kody needs to stay out of the wind.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

They’re keeping out of it because the know they are sitting pretty with the best lot choices.  I wonder how that all went down?  I thought for sure favorite wife Robin would have had first choice.  It seems she didn’t and that’s one if the main reasons Kody is beside himself.  Would he be this upset if it were Meri vs Janelle or Meri vs Christine?

He'd wave his hands and say "you figure it out, let me know what you decide." He would not care this much.

Where Robyn lives is where he will be spending the majority of his time. He's trying to get the best lot for himself. He must really not want to live in the trees.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Kody needs to stay out of the wind.

No, lol!  Don't say that!  With this show, watching his Ramon Noodle strands whip around in the gale (and almost get slammed in the car door!) is the only entertainment sometimes!  It's fascinating how awful it is yet he believes he's Fabio!

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

I don’t think Meri did anything wrong. I’m convinced she had last choice and said she would go with it until she discovered it was so dark. If you look at the drawing the other wives are close together and she is stuck way back.

Robyn plays both sides to retain her favorite wife status. By pretending to be on the other wives side she stops them from complaining about Kody getting all of her time. I think the way they all treat Meri is disgusting and I hope she gets out. Let the others beg creep Kody for a few minutes of his time. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

Also, Meri once said Mariah was 9 years old when they moved into the Lehi house. So both Christine and Janelle already had 4-5 children. If she didn't want the kids going through her house why didn't she just take the bottom apartment?

She didn't want to have to live UNDER the kids who were undoubtedly running around, jumping up and down, just banging on the floors in general. 

1 hour ago, Pegasaurus said:

They could run gas generators.  And dump the gray/black water in the lovely pond. 

There's not even running water out there. There's supposedly a well, but there's no way to draw from it that I can't tell. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Kody makes everything worse.  The wives should get together without him and sort it all out, then tell Kody their decision. 

Let’s face it....  HE spends most of his time at Robin’s house so HE wants her to have, what HE considers, to be the “best” plot of land.  HE must be involved in the decision making to achieve this goal.  

• Love 18
18 hours ago, suzywallis said:

I have to say, I agree with those of you who predicted that this might be the last season.  They keep beating the same storyline to death!.  These people just detest each other and Kody the douchbag is fanning the flames like the big drama queen that he is. 

I would sincerely like to believe this, however, considering how TLC beats their shows to death (ig: Say Yes to the Dress) I think it will go on.  I only watch bits and pieces between 90 Day Fiance and Pillow Talk.  I continue to hate Kody for a variety of reasons.

• Love 6