Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: This Land is Your Land...or Hers?

• Start Topic

On 3/1/2020 at 7:57 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Wow.  He ain't taking her crap no more.  Can't blame him.  When he said Meri has done that from day one I believe it.  I think she took advantage of being 1st wife for years and they all just caved into her most of the time because it would shut her up.  

Then again this could all be for the show.  The next big thing to keep the show going, is taking on another wife.  Yes it's going to have to happen if they want to keep the money coming in.

Plus Meri talks in riddles and circles a majority of the time. I never know WTF she’s talking about 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Onceafan said:

As for Janelle and Christine, I could do a whole other post on the things they said last night.

yes please! your analysis is spot on.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

And not only that - the sole reason she's doing well at LLN is due to her "celebrity" from the show. 

plus she gets so much traction from people that cannot see her role in this from day one, or they have not seen the earlier seasons. I bet she spends most of her time reading  and/or writing posts on line about her victimhood. that's her banana now

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Does anyone know the make and model of Kody's car (SUV?) in this episode? I like it. Thanks

I could be wrong but I thought I saw an Infiniti emblem on the back. Looks like they all had high end cars. Don't even get me started on how they can possibly afford those vehicles. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Kellyee said:

More than any other wife on this show, Meri has the ability to leave whenever she wants. She is already living separately, her daughter is grown and independent, she has her own job, and she has family support from what we saw last season when she was buying the family home back. She's choosing to stay and be miserable. They'e not even legally married, and Kody has already said this season that he does not currently stay over at Meri's house. She could take whatever money she gets from the Las Vegas house and split. I suspect all this drama is for the camera, and that off-camera they don't even see each other. 

let us not forget Meri's "job" selling luxurious, fashion forwards, figure flattering, fabulous women's wear. she gets free advertising. and she is in a mansion on the hill, looking down on her subjects. She needs the family far more than they need her. and she is good for ratings, as I tuned in to what Kody finally call her ass out on television. It was very satisfying BTW 🙂

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I could be wrong but I thought I saw an Infiniti emblem on the back. Looks like they all had high end cars. Don't even get me started on how they can possibly afford those vehicles. 

I really doubt they are buying them new. It's easy to pick up late model cars on places like Carvana and Carmax...they get a a lot of their cars from rental companies. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, crimson23 said:

I really doubt they are buying them new. It's easy to pick up late model cars on places like Carvana and Carmax...they get a a lot of their cars from rental companies. 

I think they're leasing.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Onceafan said:

Forgive me, I will try to make this as short as possible, but having worked as a counselor for 20 plus years, I had to take some notes off of last night's show, and give my two cents on it. Back in the day there was a saying that you can't put two snakes in the same basket, what we saw last night is that you can't put two victims in the same basket.

We literally saw, two women fighting over which one of the two got to claim a victim role over the division of the land. Both women wanted to claim that they were not given the choice and "just" had to take what was left.

Meri: She absolutely displays all of the characteristics of a victim mentality. Last night during the picnic she started the discussion about the division of the land with this,

"Kody told me where all of you are going to be and I'm just going to be back there."

This first statement is very agressive using words such as "just" and "back there" to show that the other three got what they wanted, and she's just being put out of the way with no consideration to her wants.

What is funny about Meri is duing her talking head, she called out Robyn for saying, she just has to settle for what's left, and that Robyn shouldn't say that, and act like she doesn't have a choice or that she is the low man on the totem pole because that isn't true.

What Meri really is saying, Robyn can't say that, because that is what I am claiming, and I am the low man on the totem pole, and I am the victim here, not her.

Robyn: She really does play the martyr well, but she plays it with what we call "secondary gains." When talking to Meri she states, "Yeah, I'll just take what's left. I did it before, I'll just do it again."

When talking with Kody she states, "No I don't have a choice I'm taking what she doesn't want."

Her "apology" she stated she was sorry for leaving in a huff. But listen to the rest of the apology.  "I felt like I didn't have a choice the first time you brought me out there and I felt like Meri was changing her mind and I was left again with no choice."

Then Robyn in her talking head states that if the family doesn't talk it out, then "Meri will continue to feel hurt, and Kody will still be frustrated."

Notice how she took herself out of that equation for the problem? I could go on, but I don't want to bore you all.

As for Janelle and Christine, I could do a whole other post on the things they said last night.

Please do!  This was fascinating.  I need more!  For real!  You are very astute.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Onceafan said:

Forgive me, I will try to make this as short as possible, but having worked as a counselor for 20 plus years, I had to take some notes off of last night's show, and give my two cents on it. Back in the day there was a saying that you can't put two snakes in the same basket, what we saw last night is that you can't put two victims in the same basket.

We literally saw, two women fighting over which one of the two got to claim a victim role over the division of the land. Both women wanted to claim that they were not given the choice and "just" had to take what was left.

Meri: She absolutely displays all of the characteristics of a victim mentality. Last night during the picnic she started the discussion about the division of the land with this,

"Kody told me where all of you are going to be and I'm just going to be back there."

This first statement is very agressive using words such as "just" and "back there" to show that the other three got what they wanted, and she's just being put out of the way with no consideration to her wants.

What is funny about Meri is duing her talking head, she called out Robyn for saying, she just has to settle for what's left, and that Robyn shouldn't say that, and act like she doesn't have a choice or that she is the low man on the totem pole because that isn't true.

What Meri really is saying, Robyn can't say that, because that is what I am claiming, and I am the low man on the totem pole, and I am the victim here, not her.

Robyn: She really does play the martyr well, but she plays it with what we call "secondary gains." When talking to Meri she states, "Yeah, I'll just take what's left. I did it before, I'll just do it again."

When talking with Kody she states, "No I don't have a choice I'm taking what she doesn't want."

Her "apology" she stated she was sorry for leaving in a huff. But listen to the rest of the apology.  "I felt like I didn't have a choice the first time you brought me out there and I felt like Meri was changing her mind and I was left again with no choice."

Then Robyn in her talking head states that if the family doesn't talk it out, then "Meri will continue to feel hurt, and Kody will still be frustrated."

Notice how she took herself out of that equation for the problem? I could go on, but I don't want to bore you all.

Such an insightful post.  Please do one for Janelle and Christine!!

• Love 10
16 hours ago, mrs ra said:

This would solve so many issues! Kody talks to the wives separately, takes them to the property separately, then misquotes them! It reminds of soap opera plots, where everything could be resolved in minutes if people could just get together and talk!

Or "Three's Company" -- was there ever an episode where the plot didn't revolve around some sort of misunderstanding?

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

I believe this whole fight was about Meri angling for first choice. She is trying to manipulate someone into asking, OK Meri, which lot DO you want? Then BAM, she wins. If they do not give her first choice at that point she will move into her victim role, everyone is against me role, this is why I have walls role, etc. The other wives and Kody know this is how she operates and are done giving into her. I hope they stand strong.

Edited by linthia
  • Love 13

Was Robyn's million dollar rental just left over scraps?

Also, when I saw Cody cuddling with his youngest child it made me mad, as I don't think I have ever seen them show him cuddling with any of the other girls when they were young.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Also, when I saw Cody cuddling with his youngest child it made me mad, as I don't think I have ever seen them show him cuddling with any of the other girls when they were young.

Do you think he EVER held Truely when she was a baby?  His tongue was dragging on the floor as he panted after Robyn all of the time, so I highly doubt it.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

She could take whatever money she gets from the Las Vegas house and split.

I'm not so sure she'll get any money. Wasn't Kody also named on that house? If so, he may have demanded that all the money from the sale of that house be put be towards the land in Flagstaff. Meri may not get a dime from that. I believe she's hanging on there to get whatever she can from the TLC paychecks and keep her "celebrity" status because it helps her with her LLN sales and may contribute to bringing some occasional paying guests to her B&B. Once she's out of the limelight, her income will probably drop or dry up completely.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I hate to defend Meri but extreme indecisiveness can be a result of living with a narcissist for years.  Anything you decide is always wrong, it doesn't matter which side you decide on a narcissist will switch gears and pull the rug out from under you.  I know a lady in real life that can't make a simple decision about anything anymore as a direct result of the abuse her family puts her through.  I think Meri spent years trying to please Kody and this indecisiveness may be a result of that.

100 times this. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Does anyone know the make and model of Kody's car (SUV?) in this episode? I like it. Thanks

I think its the Infiniti QX80 and the wives have the smaller versions.  

I re-watched the Robyn wedding episodes from Season 1 last night and let me tell you, MIND BLOWN. Kody was actually IN to Meri ($10 bucks and a pair of leggings says they did it the morning of the wedding). Robyn knew it and couldn't even let them have a private goodbye. And I felt so horribly bad for Christine who had just given birth to Truely, and alll the attention was going to the Kody and Robyn love fest. It was only 10 years ago and they appear to have aged 20. I don't even know what to do with Janelle. But what a difference between the couch sessions then and the couch sessions now.

Kody is such an unbelievable asshole. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, kimaken said:

I'm not so sure she'll get any money. Wasn't Kody also named on that house? If so, he may have demanded that all the money from the sale of that house be put be towards the land in Flagstaff. Meri may not get a dime from that. I believe she's hanging on there to get whatever she can from the TLC paychecks and keep her "celebrity" status because it helps her with her LLN sales and may contribute to bringing some occasional paying guests to her B&B. Once she's out of the limelight, her income will probably drop or dry up completely.

I think whatever profit was made on ANY of the Vegas houses is long gone, et up (as my grandma would have said) in closing costs and paying off any HELOCs they took out in order to buy the Flagstaff land. Oh and of course the big Robyn house. I'm going to guess that Kody and Meri split the profit from "her" Vegas house. Maybe she used her share towards paying down the B&B, or buying more LLN inventory.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Since there were umpteen of them all about the same age he probably didn't know them apart let alone cuddle anyone.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ratings are in:  2.052 M viewers and a .46 rating.  It was the sixth cable show of the day.  Sorry folks, but those are quite a bit higher than usual and good for TLC.  

Edited by Absolom
Oopsie on a number.
  • Love 7

Okay, the plot line about the BIG HOUSE in Coyote Prairie Dog Flats has run its course, and now we are being treated to a discussion on where to build houses on an un-surveyed bit of property that could possible have its own private park because of the "water feature" (i. e. filthy watering hole).  

The only thing I see to keep this show going is for Meri to stay in Flagstaff or move back to LV where supposedly she had friends, and for the other three and Kody to move back to Lehigh and re-purchase the poly house they had there  The three women have 20 minutes to resolve who lives in which part.  If they cannot agree, they can draw straws for the apartments.  Well, that wouldn't work as Kody would probably arrange for Robyn to get the best apartment.  Maybe a foot race from the road ? well, that isn't fair to Janelle; Christine would win that.   Or maybe they could rotate apartments each month. 

Anyway, they live in Lehigh for enough time to film a season, then Kody  decides it is time to add a wife so that is another season.  Then they all get paranoid again because of their polygamy status so they all pack up in the night and move to LV  where they all have to get rentals before they can build on a cul-de-sac which won't go over budget this time as no one is demanding a wet bar and french doors.   Lather, rinse, and repeat.  We have come full circle.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Okay, the plot line about the BIG HOUSE in Coyote Prairie Dog Flats has run its course, and now we are being treated to a discussion on where to build houses on an un-surveyed bit of property that could possible have its own private park because of the "water feature" (i. e. filthy watering hole).  

The only thing I see to keep this show going is for Meri to stay in Flagstaff or move back to LV where supposedly she had friends, and for the other three and Kody to move back to Lehigh and re-purchase the poly house they had there  The three women have 20 minutes to resolve who lives in which part.  If they cannot agree, they can draw straws for the apartments.  Well, that wouldn't work as Kody would probably arrange for Robyn to get the best apartment.  Maybe a foot race from the road ? well, that isn't fair to Janelle; Christine would win that.   Or maybe they could rotate apartments each month. 

Anyway, they live in Lehigh for enough time to film a season, then Kody  decides it is time to add a wife so that is another season.  Then they all get paranoid again because of their polygamy status so they all pack up in the night and move to LV  where they all have to get rentals before they can build on a cul-de-sac which won't go over budget this time as no one is demanding a wet bar and french doors.   Lather, rinse, and repeat.  We have come full circle.

My guess is that at the end of this season, or maybe next year, they put the undeveloped property on the market or sell it privately. It's going to have to go to either some rancher (if they still do that around there) or a big developer who has the deep pockets required to do all the stuff necessary such as utilities, doing something about the drainage ditch, etc. I think the property will have served its purpose as a plotline ("not scripted" my ASS, Janelle!!!) and I'm sure they need the money. Then they'll sell Robyn's and Christine's homes and move to Utah. 

47 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Ratings are in:  2.062 M viewers and a .46 rating.  It was the sixth cable show of the day.  Sorry folks, but those are quite a bit higher than usual and good for TLC.  

Doesn't surprise me. Everyone loves to watch a trainwreck.

• Love 8
Just now, Juliegirlj said:

Apparently, Utah legislators voted to decriminalize polygamy, so the Browns can move back to Utah next season.....🤢

Hmm.  I wonder if Robyn would allow that.  Dayton is still going to college in Flagstaff, yanno.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

"In the trees" is Meri's new Wet Bar.

Janelle kept whining last season about how she had to uproot her kids because it was her big dream to see trees. Maybe she should live in the damn tree lot. Or, you could just cut the stupid trees down. That's also an option. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

It's crazy to me that the others hawk LLR and whatever other side hustles they have just so Robyn can live in a million dollar rental, have a nanny and generally live easier than they do.

I seriously doubt that Meri or Christine are shuttling any of their LLN earnings to Robyn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I seriously doubt that Meri or Christine are shuttling any of their LLN earnings to Robyn.

Then who is supporting her as she sleeps until noon?   Maybe Robyn gets all of the TLC money and the rest of the wives have to find their own income.  That was said tongue-in-cheek - but seriously - who DOES support Robyn?  KODY?  ::::Snort::::

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Then who is supporting her as she sleeps until noon?   Maybe Robyn gets all of the TLC money and the rest of the wives have to find their own income.  That was said tongue-in-cheek - but seriously - who DOES support Robyn?  KODY?  ::::Snort::::

Well, if they're splitting the TLC income 5 ways, Kody and Robyn are getting 2/5ths of the money. Maybe he reduced Meri's and Christine's cut commensurate to how much they make on LLR. 

The mystery of the finances is by far the most interesting/intriguing thing about this family.

• Love 9

Once upon a time Kody said/hinted there was a six way split of each wife plus himself and a "family pot" that was used for things like college, weddings, or whatever family related uses they chose, but not for running individual households.  The kids could supposedly go to Kody for funds for special things their mothers couldn't fund.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Once upon a time Kody said/hinted there was a six way split of each wife plus himself and a "family pot" that was used for things like college, weddings, or whatever family related uses they chose, but not for running individual households.  The kids could supposedly go to Kody for funds for special things their mothers couldn't fund.

I'm not sure that's still true - that was back when Kody and Janelle were pretty much the sole breadwinners. 

I think Janelle mentioned this season that the money she made from real estate commission on the house sales (that didn't happen) would be solely her money. Maybe Christine kicks in something in that mysterious family pot after paying her mortgage and  buying more LLN inventory, but I bet Meri isn't contributing a cent. With a mortgage on the B&B, $3000 rent on her Flagstaff house, and all those solo Disneyland trips, there wouldn't be much left. 

That said, what wouldn't I give for a peek at their 1040s...

• Love 8
(edited)

Watching that made me cringe in secondhand embarrassment.

I wouldn't want to live with any of the "wives" nor with douchebag Kody, but it's pretty obvious that Queen Meri has had the whole lot of them (save stealth Robyn, who can sometimes manipulate on Meri's level) bowing and scraping at her ever-changing whims. I think Kody's frustration FINALLY boiled over, and it was uncomfortable to watch.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Remember way back in season 1 when Kody and Robyn went on their first date when she lived in St George by herself with her kids, and she told the producers that Kody was her 'soul mate'???

Well she got her virginity back just for Kody, so he must have been something, lol.  Gorilla mate?  Litter mate?  Coffee mate™?

• LOL 11
5 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Agree.  And you know that both times Robyn got first pick of property.  The Vegas homes and now the one in Flagstaff.

• Love 4
On 3/1/2020 at 11:06 PM, LilaFowler said:

These people refuse to live under one roof and don't really seem to like each other. They're a plural family because... they call themselves that? For TLC money? Kody has an ex-wife, a wife, and baby mamas. For reasons known only to him, he's trying to wrangle everyone onto the same piece of land. It's time to call it and end the sham.

I agree.  He isn't happy. They aren't happy.  Enough.  They should wish each other well and move on. 

Kody always seems stressed. I think I would be with four husbands. One is enough. But, he chose the lifestyle.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Robyn is nothing but a snake in the grass.  I used to buy into her caring sobs in the very beginning.  I thought she was a very caring person when she first entered into this family.  I guess she was just laying the ground work.  I sincerely dislike her greatly now.  She's thrown this family under the bus many times.  She's ruined this family the minute she had the wedding.  Shame on her.  Go away and live happily ever after with Kody.  You two deserve each other.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Robyn is nothing but a snake in the grass.  I used to buy into her caring sobs in the very beginning.  I thought she was a very caring person when she first entered into this family.  I guess she was just laying the ground work.  I sincerely dislike her greatly now.  She's thrown this family under the bus many times.  She's ruined this family the minute she had the wedding.  Shame on her.  Go away and live happily ever after with Kody.  You two deserve each other.

you know, come to think of it, I dont ever recall them ( production) just hanging out with Robyn and filming her alone with her kids - Kody is always around, unlike when we have seen Janelle, Christine and we always see Meri alone anyway with that stank attitude.

• Love 12

When everyone was gathered at Christine’s house, what kind of shirt was Meri wearing? It looked like a  shirt an eight-year-old boy would wear with foxes and soccer balls on it. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I'm just watching this episode now, Tuesday afternoon.  My thoughts are...

If this is all ginned up for ratings, then their acting skills have improved.  Kudos to them because I do think this IS a possibility.   However if not and this is legit, my first impression is..that land is frikkin' enormous.  Why do they need to live so far from each other?  There is no point to such wide open spaces if they are trying to be a family.  This won't be like having a family, it will be like having neighbors.   Everybody, skooch in a little and nobody has to be relegated to the trees.  Next, why is access to the "pond" even an issue?  What the hell kind of a family has the basic mindset of "get off my lawn?"  No matter whose house is on that parcel it shouldn't be any problem at all for all of them to splash around in that muck.   This peeing on my land/staking our my territory attitude is ridiculous  Third, I don't think Robyn is doing too badly.  I see little efforts of her trying to win sympathy such as "I don't need this TODAY," as though they are all supposed to say, ah, poor Robyn, it's a hard day for her.  I say, get over it.   It's just life dear, move on.  I see Kody's point about this conflict and don't fault him here, but I don't like how he is so fragile that he has to say stuff like "don't blame me," especially when nobody was.  He can't take the heat.  He's weak.  And they all kiss his ass to keep him from pouting.  Next, the damn nerve of Kody to say that Robyn gets the leftovers from his other wives when the most overlooked wives are standing right there (Christine and Janelle).  Robyn gets whatever she wants and they MUST know that.  How they kept their cool is beyond me.  Finally, I think Meri is the culprit here.  It does seem that Kody tried to give her what she wanted but she is playing the game she always plays.  Whether she does it for power, to screw with them, or just needs the attention, I don't know.   But she does it and it is on full display here.  PICK A SPOT and build a house and be done with it.  

• Love 18
(edited)
15 hours ago, DNR said:

Plus Meri talks in riddles and circles a majority of the time. I never know WTF she’s talking about 

YES.  I have a post around here somewhere about Mer's popular TH comments, sort of like, Well, I've been mulling this  over and considering it, but, when it was like not that much before, (pause) I did consider that, but, for the longest time, it was not what I had thought, (pause, cry) and I couldn't process it, so, I could not really decide on that thing, because, when you have certain FILLINGS, you have to put that into some sort of perspective, (pause) and give that some thought and then after doing that, I felt like I I was not being heard (pause, cry)  and so I wasn't able to be comfortable with that and many other things that are too numerous to list, but, everyone knows what they are, and  if I am able to eventually, maybe, I will process them and sort them out and .................................So, which lot do you want, Meri? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Watching that made me cringe in secondhand embarrassment.

I wouldn't want to live with any of the "wives" nor with douchebag Kody, but it's pretty obvious that Queen Meri has had the whole lot of them (save stealth Robyn, who can sometimes manipulate on Meri's level) bowing and scraping at her ever-changing whims. I think Kody's frustration FINALLY boiled over, and it was uncomfortable to watch.

Oddly (or not) Kootie didn't give two shits when Meri was abusive to Janelle for years and years.  Now that he thinks Meri's abusing Robyn, it's ALL different!  What a shithead.

2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  And you know that both times Robyn got first pick of property.  The Vegas homes and now the one in Flagstaff.

First pick from a first prick.  How very apt.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14