Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: This Land is Your Land...or Hers?

• Start Topic

Ok.  I am late to the party.  But can someone explain to me why they left Vegas??  They had the perfect situation.  Their own cul-de-sac. Four separate houses right next to each other making it easy for their butterfly to flip from house to house. Now they have undeveloped land and are fighting about who gets what spot.

None of this makes sense. So if this is all scripted, no logic whatsoever was employed.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Ok.  I am late to the party.  But can someone explain to me why they left Vegas??  They had the perfect situation.  Their own cul-de-sac. Four separate houses right next to each other making it easy for their butterfly to flip from house to house. Now they have undeveloped land and are fighting about who gets what spot.

None of this makes sense. So if this is all scripted, no logic whatsoever was employed.

I think they have an official version or versions...then, the viewers have their opinions about it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, suomi said:

Kody: I don't know how to cure what ells us.

Robyn: Sometimes you have to figure out what heel you want to die on.

I'm sorry, but constantly havng to translate what they're saying gets in the  way. And I'm someone who enjoys accents.

That first fight scene lasted an entire 30 minutes.

My cat watched the whole show, including the commercials, perched on the end of the bed with her ears pricked forward. She does that with Planet Earth or Dr Jeff or The Zoo. So I guess she thought the energy on sister wives tonight was coming from animals - and she wasn't wrong, was she?

Lol. I have never had to use the closed captioning feature on my TV, but was seriously considering it last night. When Robyn made the comment about the "heel you want to die on", I pictured her in falling over in stiletto heels and hitting her head. I kid you not, Not that I want anything to happen to Robyn, but for me that was the most entertaining part of the 40 something minute episode.

I wonder what the ratings are for this clusterf**k of a show these days? A whole episode spent on who wants what lot on a piece of land that they are no where close to even starting to develop. I guess in future episodes we will once again be treated to watching the Brown fambily move two of the wives from yet one rental to another. Must see TV, for sure. I'll wear heels, just for Robyn. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

I think they have an official version or versions...then, the viewers have their opinions about it. 

Kody said that they moved from Vegas because of the bad influences Vegas has to their kids.  They wanted to be away from the so-called sin of that city.  Also, Robyn's oldest son now attends NAU in Flagstaff, and she was the one who wanted to move to Flagstaff so Dayton can still live at home during his college years.  That is my assumption of why they moved away from Vegas.

• Love 10

Last week I thought there were some flirtations between Meri and Kody- however, it is painfully obvious that Kody is indeed done with Meri. It would be a miraculous feat for someone with as big an ego as Kody to forgive and move forward. 

Kody would probably have more respect for Meri if she left. Granted, it was Meri that put the last nail in the coffin of their marriage, and she hasn’t ever really acknowledged or apologized for her mistakes~ however, that doesn’t mean she should hang around waiting for Kody to throw her Robyn’s leftovers. Kody and Meri are both responsible for their relationship troubles. 

Good to see Christine and Janelle getting along. Robyn is a witch. 

• Love 17

As much as I enjoyed Meri being called on her shit, that enjoyment was dampened by Robyn once again "winning." She was at her passive aggressive stealth best and it was the closest I think we have ever gotten to seeing her expose her hand on camera. You can just see how she finagles Kody with her poor put upon Robyn routine. Saying she would take Meri's scraps while Kody said that is what Robyn always gets?!!? Bitch really? Scraps must also include Kody himself because Meri went from #1 and legal wife status to dead last while Robyn pole vaulted over all 3 wives to become the one and only legal wife despite being the last wife to enter the family. 

More than any other wife on this show, Meri has the ability to leave whenever she wants. She is already living separately, her daughter is grown and independent, she has her own job, and she has family support from what we saw last season when she was buying the family home back. She's choosing to stay and be miserable. They'e not even legally married, and Kody has already said this season that he does not currently stay over at Meri's house. She could take whatever money she gets from the Las Vegas house and split. I suspect all this drama is for the camera, and that off-camera they don't even see each other. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Kellyee said:

More than any other wife on this show, Meri has the ability to leave whenever she wants. She is already living separately, her daughter is grown and independent, she has her own job, and she has family support from what we saw last season when she was buying the family home back. She's choosing to stay and be miserable. They'e not even legally married, and Kody has already said this season that he does not currently stay over at Meri's house. She could take whatever money she gets from the Las Vegas house and split. I suspect all this drama is for the camera, and that off-camera they don't even see each other. 

Yeah..... that's one of the Brown mysteries, for sure.  I think religious beliefs has a lot to do with it, and I also suspect that Meri actually DOES still love Kody.  The same certainly CANNOT be said of Kody loving Meri.

• Love 18

I would pay good money to see Meri’s reaction when she views the footage of Kody complaining about her, and doing his stupid left foot, right foot dance. 

It certainly seems like they are setting up the framework for Meri’s exit. 

• Love 22

Well. I can honestly say that was a shit show. To quote Janelle a few episodes back...I think I need to first have something to drink...alcohol related....while viewing that episode.

As a person who comes from a family that communicates just like Meri and Kody...I can empathize completely with Janelle and Christine who are clearly making it seem like they are team players. 

Robyn is her own nightmare...

JFC I cut out the people I am biologically related to because of the toxic damage they were to deal with "just because they are family". I can't imagine being trapped in this fahhmly because you are legally bound by a television show contract. That kind of control within conversations that Kody and Meri demand is toxic to the whole.

And Robyn is her own nightmare...

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

She didn't want to have to live UNDER the kids who were undoubtedly running around, jumping up and down, just banging on the floors in general. 

There's not even running water out there. There's supposedly a well, but there's no way to draw from it that I can't tell. 

When they were fighting about the property by the cars you could see quite a few houses and buildings behind in the near distance. Doesn't that means that there is at least power access near by as those houses must have it? I understand they would need to dig wells (as there is only one at their property) and septic for each house but with power so close they wouldn't have to go too far. I don't know anything about this so please correct me if I'm wrong. I just saw those houses there so I thought power shouldn't be hard to access. 

• Love 2

And I need to know why Janelle keeps calling the muddy puddle a “pond”. It looks disgusting. I would be terrified of what’s beneath the surface. It’s not like it’s a beautiful, scenic body of water. Prairie dogs just seem to shit in it.

As far as Meri opposing the kids going through her apartment to get to another part of the house in Lehi....I don’t blame her. I’d suck it up for the kids because it’s cruel to have them go outdoors just to come back inside, but a bunch of kids walking through my house numerous times a day would bug me. But I also didn’t choose Meri’s life. She should have conceded or at least bought something for her floors if she was worried about possible damage.

Meri, if you’re reading, pitch an idea to TLC about you living on your own and managing the B&B. It could be called Moving Meri, Meri Moves Forward, Meri Finds Love, Meri Finds Her Mojo, Meri On Her Terms...you don’t have to miserable! The relationship clearly isn’t working for anyone invoved with a pulse. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
(edited)

Holy passive aggressive this episode, Meri. 

”I don’t know if I want to live in the trees.”  Finds out Robyn has been assigned the trees, gets mad. “I’ll just go live in Parawan.”  

Well, the swamp is left! Throw Meri in the swamp and let her be the swamp monster she is. 

ETA: Meri is the sand burr of the family. It pokes and pokes and pokes. She’s the common, annoying denominator that needs to be removed. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 16
12 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

Meri, if you’re reading, pitch an idea to TLC about you living on your own and managing the B&B.

Seriously?  Checking in the one guest a week?  They hire out cooking and cleaning so what exactly would we be watching? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Seriously can anyone name a time Robyn ever got any of the wives' scraps? 

From pre-marital sexy times with the Kodster, an actual wedding/reception, honeymoon, plunking her bills down on the counter once married, mini-mansion in LV, nanny for her 2 kids, no real job, became legal wife, gets her kids adopted, honeymoons in Hawaii w/Kodster, even bigger manse in Flagstaff to be close to Dayun, spends the most time with the Kodster.

Where are these scraps her and Kodster speak of?

THANK YOU!   When this comes up again in discussion (Pooooor Robyn..... gets NOTHING but leftovers and scraps.. sobsobsobboohoowipeeyeboogers) I want to remember this!!   

• Love 11

Robyn was bawling again during the fight in the field. Does she do anything without crying? I wonder if she will pass her theatrics onto any of her kids. *watches preview for next week's show* Oh, I guess that's my answer.

It'd be great if Meri's long game is to stick around just to torture the others. Her presence in the group can only be described as a dark storm cloud at this point. She is tolerated by some and outright disliked by others. Basement Cat should pack her bags and start a new life somewhere else, but sadly, I suspect her religious convictions are what keep her around. That and it's the only life that she knows. She took one tiny step away from Kody in the past and it resulted in humiliation.

If Mariah would really disown her own mother like some are speculating... well, then fuck that kid.

• Love 23
(edited)

All Kody has to do is make one visit to Meri's bedroom and she will fall right in line with whatever he wants.  These women are ridiculous, they are all jealous of each other and want to be noodle head's favorite.  Nothing else I can say that has not already been said so well above.  Next week Robyn's mini drama queen has an anxiety attack over having to move?    Just Robyn's sobbing face in the coming attractions is so annoying.  Hope the kid is okay.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Love 16

I know a few of you are feeling for Meri this episode but I didn’t see it. She’s playing the same old Meri games and when confronted, gets upset over people “attacking” her. 

”I’ll just go live in Parawan.”  Good! Go. Even after the family meeting, Swamp Thing lumbered off with a sourpuss look on her face. 

• Love 20
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Seriously?  Checking in the one guest a week?  They hire out cooking and cleaning so what exactly would we be watching? 

I was just joking around about the spin-off. No one has to watch anything they don’t want to watch.

39 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Seriously can anyone name a time Robyn ever got any of the wives' scraps? 

From pre-marital sexy times with the Kodster, an actual wedding/reception, honeymoon, plunking her bills down on the counter once married, mini-mansion in LV, nanny for her 2 kids, no real job, became legal wife, gets her kids adopted, honeymoons in Hawaii w/Kodster, even bigger manse in Flagstaff to be close to Dayun, spends the most time with the Kodster.

Where are these scraps her and Kodster speak of?

Her life improved 10-fold once she got with Kody. She’s never suffered. They even funded her dumb jewelry line even though they got nothing out of it.

IIRC, one of the wives said Robyn sleeps in until about noon nowadays even with very young children. Doesn’t sound like she’s suffering at all. 

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 18

I am with @Tuxcat. I don’t see where Meri ever said she didn’t want the lot, she just needed to think about it because she didn’t want to deal with the darkness of the trees. Kody lost any credibility the minute he started on the poor, sacrificial lamb that is Robyn. From day one she has always had the best of the four wives so his statement is ridiculous. 

The thing is that whoever is Kody’s favorite wife gets the best goods. Until Robyn came along, it seems Meri was the favorite wife. She had the house that was quiet since she only had Mariah. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kody didn’t want the kids running through their part of the house in Lehi. Robyn comes along and suddenly she is getting the best of everything and, what do you know, Kody spends most of his time with her. 

There is no possibility of Meri leaving the family unless the show is over. Honestly, they should thank Meri and the Catfish because she is the only person bringing a storyline, however weak it may be. Honestly, I don’t know enough about the kids to care about their getting married and having babies because the show was never centered around the kids. Without Meri, these idiots will have nothing left to film. 

Also, I swear someone here looked up the deeds for all coyote properties and they were the way they were in Las Vegas with just the wives by themselves or with Kody. I believe a couple of them had three names on them so I don’t see how you expect to put one person on a property without their name on it. What happens if they want to leave but the property with their name on it has another wife’s house on? Do they think about the mess created if one of the wives wants out and no one has enough money to buy out her stake in the property? 

• Love 8

I hate to defend Meri but extreme indecisiveness can be a result of living with a narcissist for years.  Anything you decide is always wrong, it doesn't matter which side you decide on a narcissist will switch gears and pull the rug out from under you.  I know a lady in real life that can't make a simple decision about anything anymore as a direct result of the abuse her family puts her through.  I think Meri spent years trying to please Kody and this indecisiveness may be a result of that.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I picked up on this as well. And with this knowledge it makes the MOST sense to me that Christine would never want to live together again and that Janelle would make a big deal about having equal access to that pond. Meri would lord that shit over them until her death. 

Also, Meri once said Mariah was 9 years old when they moved into the Lehi house. So both Christine and Janelle already had 4-5 children. If she didn't want the kids going through her house why didn't she just take the bottom apartment?

Does anyone know where I can find a floorplan for the Lehi house? All I have seen is a cutaway drawing.

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Others have mentioned it but the IVF situation is a perfect example. Kody entertained the "will Meri do IVF" talks for a while, too long actually. He wanted a decision from Meri, which she really never gave. She was really wishy washy about it and it went on for at least 2 seasons. Robyn actually offered to tote the egg (tm Angela 90 days) right after she gave birth to Solomon but Meri refused to say yes or no. Kody finally wanted a definitive yeah or nay because they would need to make medical/financial arrangements and figure out timing issues in case Robyn and him wanted another, as Robyn was at or nearing the age when fertility radically drops. But still Meri dragged her feet and wouldn't give an answer despite always claiming her biggest regret was not have more kids.

I always thought that  whole IVF plot was faked, but that Meri did want another child to compete with Robyn.  I just don't think Robyn was going to do the surrogate thing, and it would just have added another layer of 'eww" to this mess. 

Janelle is just nuts.  You would think that pond was a lovely lake the way she talks, although it looked a little nicer when it was iced over.  Also I freaked out hearing her heavy breathing during her little stroll.

Maybe Kody did make the decision to move, but he allowed Robyn to make the decision as to the location.   Speaking of Robyn, I hope we don't have to see her daughter have that anxiety attack on tv.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

If Mariah would really disown her own mother like some are speculating... well, then fuck that kid.

I think Mariah would love to disown her mother and stick up for her father, BUT, I think Meri's the one who's footing the bill for most of Mariah's expenses. I would love to see Meri cut her losses and leave the whole "fambly" behind. I neither love nor hate Meri but it's senseless for her to stay where she's clearly not wanted. I think TLC wants her to hang around for the "family friction" for ratings, and if that's the only thing keeping Sister Wives on air, of course the "fambly" claims to want her to stick around. Once the show is off the air, I think Meri will either leave on her or be forced out by Kody.

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

Her life improved 10-fold once she got with Kody. She’s never suffered.

Yup. She herself said all of her vision board dreams have come true so again I ask: What scraps?!?!

That cesspool is Janelle's Lake Como.  During the warmer months it will probably be swarming with mosquitoes too. What joy!! 

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 8
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And finally.... if that had been ANY of his other kids besides ROBYN'S - Kody would have just sat back in his easy chair with a fake look of concern on his face and let the mother deal with the situation.

If the daughter is having such severe panic attacks that Kody has to pick her up and carry her the girl needs help.  She needs to learn some coping skills.  If these attacks are as severe as I have been reading online I am surprised that the kid can even safely drive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, suomi said:

Meri can't live in the B&B. A part of the reconfigured loan that allowed the purchase without help from the family was that it was commercial property and not a residence for her. She cannot live there.

That's okay - she can just buy another house!   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

And what was up with Meri ordering Christine to call kody NOW?? Bitch, who are you talking to??

They all know Christine's name is the only one who will get answered? 

• Useful 3
14 minutes ago, kassa said:

That's okay - she can just buy another house!   

She could probably afford it from her fans who buy her Lularoe.  And yet she doesn't have enough for a visit to the dentist.  

1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

And what was up with Meri ordering Christine to call kody NOW?? Bitch, who are you talking to??

They all know Christine's name is the only one who will get answered? 

Not true at all.  He HAS to answer every time Robyn calls or she twists his balls in a fury.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

How many times have Robyn’s kids moved since she married into the family? How many, many times have Kody’s children had to move their things and their “other mothers” belongings to a new house? How many different schools have these kids had to adjust to?

Looking at all the boxes in Janelle’s house it struck me that her crew of older kids probably did the majority of the work unpacking and they’re gone. 

Just imagine how much anxiety you’d feel as a child in this family. Constantly moving from state to state, house to house at your father’s whim. 

It’s been a year since this episode actually happened and Kody hasn’t built a  Lincoln Log cabin on the land. I guess Christine wasn’t stupid to buy (as Robyn said).  Janelle should have gotten out of the dump she’s renting and bought a house as well but then she’d have to move AGAIN. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

If they want to be a family unit again, I would suggest a mandatory group family dinner/day weekly for everyone living in Flagstaff. It can rotate properties or be held in a neutral location but I think if they do this weekly they won’t have any problems agreeing to live as far apart as possible. 

This would solve so many issues! Kody talks to the wives separately, takes them to the property separately, then misquotes them! It reminds of soap opera plots, where everything could be resolved in minutes if people could just get together and talk!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, aimlessbird said:

I hate to defend Meri but extreme indecisiveness can be a result of living with a narcissist for years.  Anything you decide is always wrong, it doesn't matter which side you decide on a narcissist will switch gears and pull the rug out from under you.  I know a lady in real life that can't make a simple decision about anything anymore as a direct result of the abuse her family puts her through.  I think Meri spent years trying to please Kody and this indecisiveness may be a result of that.

Yes! This whole episode was just a blast from the past with my family and the shit show of my memories.

However...there is an obvious that we haven't seen in this episode.  Meri, Kody and Robyn ALL had something brewing before the cameras were on them.  They exploded way to fast for it to have just been about the conversation we saw on camera.  In the very beginning when they were sitting on the blanket for their impromptu picnic it took 10 words for Meri to lean over and glare at Kody...then stop herself cold from going off on him. Her issue was 100% with Kody and for whatever reason, living polygamy means that these women will bicker with each other when the real person they need to deal with is That Man. He jumps right in with "Don't Blame ME!!" because he knew damn well the fact that each one of them spoke to him individually and he miscommunicated it to everyone else and then as usual dances around the fact that he is not to blame for any of it. 🙄 Since he was so quick to dump Meri's laundry at the others' feet was because something else was brewing and he snapped.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

I thought it was very strange that Meri stormed off and was shown driving away. Then Robin stormed off but didn’t drive away. Just waited by the cars so she could give her side once again. She talks about wanting to be “a family” but sure isn’t acting in the best interest of “the family.” 

Also they all say “sitting there” but they were all STANDING!! LOL

And they all had to drive there separately! Do they ever do anything together??

• Love 13

How many lots of land did they buy? From the sketches they showed, with the placement of the potential houses, it looks as though they have 6 lots, with the awesome pond having its very own lot. (Lucky pond.) Were those lines that I thought divied up the land not property lines?

And I'm confused about the buying of houses thing. Doesn't that tie up whatever capital they happen to have, which will make it even more difficult to build whenever they get around to figuring out what they want to build and where they want to build it? And is it really that difficult to find a rental property in Flagstaff?

Finally - why are they discussing, nay arguing about, the location of their houses if they haven't even had a survey done? Why did they buy the land in the first place without having a survey done? How stupid are these people?

Wait a sec...I don't think I need an answer to that last question.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

This is the episode that truly showed what a miserable cow ole Meri is. I always knew it, but this episode illustrated it beautifully. I bet she’s steaming that Janelle revealed that little secret nugget about Meri making kids put on boots and coats to get back to their mom’s part of the house. If it really played out like that, she’s a piece of shit.  Monster. Jealous monster. Mom to all the kids, yeah, right. 

I cannot wait for the tell all book that you know one of the kids will eventually write about Typhoid Meri.  I believe she has been toxic since Kody married Janelle, who was cuter and gave him that first child 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Thanks for bringing that up!  That situation is so ridiculous!  If Robyn and Kody KNOW (and they do!) that her daughter has anxiety attacks over change - WHY in the hell would they wait until the camera crew is in their living room to film her anxiety and stress over having to move into a new house?  Because cameras only make it worse!  Secondly - as most of us parents are aware - there is a very TACTFUL way to bring this up... but of course this family is like a bunch of buffalos in an art gallery (didn't want to use the bulls in a china shop - but feel free to use that analogy, as well!) and they just say, "YO!  Kids!!  They are selling this house and we have to move AGAIN!!  So go pack up your stuff and help us pack up stuff and hopefully we will find somewhere to live because there are NO RENTALS in Flagstaff!"   So the kids are thinking they are going to sleep on park benches in the cold because of COURSE they can't go live in an apartment.... and they HAVE to rent and DID YOU KNOW there are NO places to rent in Flagstaff???.... although they DON'T have to rent because now two wives have purchased houses.  Duh.  But that's beside the point!  So did this poor child already KNOW they had to move and faked the attack.... or did the parents lacking a drop of empathy wait and drop this little tidbit on the kids in front of the camera crew??  

And finally.... if that had been ANY of his other kids besides ROBYN'S - Kody would have just sat back in his easy chair with a fake look of concern on his face and let the mother deal with the situation.  Instead we get a glimpse of Kody galloping over to the couch and lifting up the daughter in his arms.  Seriously?  I mean - not that this wasn't the right thing to do in this situation perhaps - but KODY?  KODY who doesn't even seem to know any of his kid's names and anything about them?  Who hardly gives them a glance?  THAT Kody?

He may or may not have carried Mykelti when she was thrown from the horse.  It’s a little foggy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

The kids were the ones affected by her decision to live in the intermediary apartment. Meri had the sunlight and more space than she and Mariah needed.  She sacrificed nothing. Christine raises all the damn kids and had the basement apartment with probably little light and not even enough bedrooms for her kids. And she would send Mariah down for dinner even when she was home! She’s an ass for that. 

RIght and Don't forget how Christine had to listen to Meri and Mariah  clomping around up there and all Meri's screams.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, aimlessbird said:

Based on your description, Meri could also be a narcissist.  She is the one switching gears, being indecisive.  She did it over the plans for the Vegas house, the surrogacy, the in vitro, her attitude over Mariah coming out....oh and that catfishing deal where she was ready to leave when she thought Sam was real...  the list goes on. 

• Love 17
Just now, crimson23 said:

RIght and Don't forget how Christine had to listen to Meri and Mariah  clomping around up there and all Meri's screams.  

You don't know that Meri is a screamer, lol.   And this is a fact of life for every polygamist who lives under one roof/in one area.  Christine knew Kody was "servicing" Meri and that Meri CAME with Kody as a package deal.  Mariah was 9 and not that big when she was little - she probably didn't "clomp" much.  Maybe Meri did - since she loves such hideous shoes - although she might take her shoes off at the door.  (We all do.)

Regardless.... the sections of the house  weren't distributed fairly - and whose fault is that?  Kody's.  He's never stepped up and been the decision maker/ head of household/FAIR and wise (snort!) person he should have been, to take on additional wives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14