Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: This Land is Your Land...or Hers?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Was anyone else fooled by the recordings of the female catfisher, thinking THAT VOICE, was a MAN'S voice?  Not I.

1.) Maybe a very effeminate man.  4' 8", 105 pounds, unable to grow facial hair.  2.) Or a very big ugly deranged butch woman who can talk in a deep voice.   "Yes, I will go with Door # 2!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Keep the assessments coming! Love your perspective. 

I've known a couple “Meris” throughout my life and the victimy, passive aggressiveness never got resolved. I wound up removing myself from the relationships because nothing you do helps and it drags you down with them. They just don’t know it’s them. 

Do you think Meri doesn’t know how terrible she comes across? Or if she would believe it? Doesn’t she see herself on these shows? 

In short answer....no. With victim mentality a person feels justified in being woeful and believes that sympathy and a catering attention from others should be given to them because their problems simply are not their fault, but a result from another...in this case Kody.

So why others who watch the show thinks she comes off terrible, while Meri watches the show, she would just see how bad she believes she is being treated, and that her behaviors and attitudes are completely justified.

• Love 15
On 3/3/2020 at 7:39 PM, AryasMum said:

How they couldn’t figure out to put Janelle and Christine in the connecting apartments, knowing that Christine would have Janelle’s kids every day, is beyond me.  They really can’t grasp the fundamentals - even Janelle. 

I'm sure queen Meri chose the middle one so she could rule over the lowly peasants!

She must have been really something back in the day!

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, oceanview said:

Well Meri could not possibly be regulated to the BASEMENT apartment, with her one kid to make it easier for the one woman who took care of the entire tribe.    Also, she would have to listen to the stomping and banging of the one apartment over her head.        Poor thing, my great Aunt Fanny (that's an old  slogan, comparable to "Bless her heart").

Just because I have no life, I went back and looked at the floor plans. Meri and Christine's apartments look identical the way its drawn but when you do the tour, Christine it appears actually has more space pushed out the back and under the stairs. I think she has 1 extra bedroom.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 6
On 3/3/2020 at 2:05 AM, WaterSpirit said:

let us not forget Meri's "job" selling luxurious, fashion forwards, figure flattering, fabulous women's wear. she gets free advertising. and she is in a mansion on the hill, looking down on her subjects. She needs the family far more than they need her. and she is good for ratings, as I tuned in to what Kody finally call her ass out on television. It was very satisfying BTW 🙂

I so wish she would leave. She is so much happier when she is away from Plyg hell. I hate LLNO as much as the next person, but it has given her knowledge that there is a life outside and she is a person that is valued not be cause she has spirit babies, but because she is a person.

• Love 5
On 3/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, Galloway Cave said:

There are a bunch of tree removal services in Flagstaff. They could have the trees milled and used in the construction of the homes. But I guess that doesn't fit with their Instant Gratification plan.

Isn't that what wife beater Kyle did for a living?  Remove trees?

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri ruled the Lehi house with an iron fist.  Witness:  LEGAL! marriage certificate on her bedroom wall.  

That, right there, is all you need to know to understand all about Meri.  It's despicable and deplorable for her to have done that, and shows her true colors through and through.

1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

I want that huge beanbag chair Christine was sitting on.  It would make a really cool reading nook for my grandgirls.

I actually ordered one of those enormous beanbags last year.  If that one was like mine, when you order it, it comes in a surprisingly small box, and then you take it out and actually break up the foam pieces inside the the beanbag.  This allows it to expand, and expand, and expand over the course of the next day or so.  We could not keep it in our living room because it was too big.  We tried putting it in the spare basement bedroom, but it was too big.  I eventually had to give it away, and those things are massive and heavy to move.  We're much happier with a smaller one.  If you have the room, though. they would be cool.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 3/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, Kyanight said:

She was always a lazy and entitled kid and teenager - I doubt she changed now.

Man, I would love for you to be able to speak more freely about Sobbin.  These nuggets are GOLD!

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Well... technically she's not in the dirt.  She gets to sleep all morning like a princess and everything she wants is GIVEN to her - doesn't even HAVE to work because Kody will make sure this poor woman who gets the dredges and scraps and crumbs of the family will have the VERY BEST!!  So it's ALL GOOD!  😄 

Although I agree with you that she blames Meri for ruining her jewelry HOBBY.

Love the Hobby addition. 

I'm a nightowl,I sleep all morning, I shove the men out the door for work and school and go back to bed.  The only time its quiet 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, oldhag said:

I so wish she would leave. She is so much happier when she is away from Plyg hell. I hate LLNO as much as the next person, but it has given her knowledge that there is a life outside and she is a person that is valued not be cause she has spirit babies, but because she is a person.

She *seems* happier because she's in control of her situation more. She has, in fact, been shitty to her customers (in typical Meri fashion). I suspect Meri's victim personality spills over to that as well--I've seen her blaming everything from the weather to the customers themselves when things don't go right with her sales. It's certainly never HER fault. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 3/5/2020 at 4:14 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

(then had the audacity to sarcastically tell Janelle ‘I’m sooorrry I took something you thought was yours Janelle’ when questioned on that decision). 

I was fuming when she said that.  You bet your boots you took something that wasn't yours.  It's was money Janelle inherited that was used as the down payment on the Lehi house.  It was Janelle's retirement money that was used to get into the rentals in Vegas.  Why does Meri have as much stuff as families with 5-6 children?  Because she was getting an equal share of the money.  I would be the sister wife that keeps the show going.  I would call her out on all her passive aggressive  BS.

Right now Janelle has moved into a high crime neighbor hood, despite the fact Meri is living in a nice high end rental.  Same with Christine, she bought what is probably an average home, to Robyn's million dollar home.  I think for sure Janelle tries to watch how she spends money.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I would be the sister wife that keeps the show going.  I would call her out on all her passive aggressive  BS.

While I would never in a million years wish you into this family, I would SOOOOO love to watch that!  😄

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Gotta stop being so late to the party. Parent-Teacher conferences and report cards have attacked my free evenings. These people cannot communicate to save their lives. Oh, I would be shocked if I'm the only one who didn't think of Meri fading out in the black and white picture just like on America's Next Top Model.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

$900?!  I love our grandkids but not that much.  How the heck does Christine afford that?  

Christine may be trying to balance the inequity of Robyn in a $960,000 house compared to her $520,000 abode by filling it with extravagant furnishings.  Poor Robyn just has to content herself with Kody and herself cuddling their little ones on their laps.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

$900?!  I love our grandkids but not that much.  How the heck does Christine afford that?  

Lol and $900 is the sale price!  I guess they can afford it saving all that money on car insurance and medical treatments.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Lol and $900 is the sale price!  I guess they can afford it saving all that money on car insurance and medical treatments.

Don't forget dental!  I wonder if ANY of them ever go to the dentist?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Don't forget dental!  I wonder if ANY of them ever go to the dentist?

And trash bills!  The Browns and their finances have never made sense to me.  Instead of taking on a fifth wife, the next season should them looking for a certified financial planner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Irate Panda said:

And trash bills!  The Browns and their finances have never made sense to me.  Instead of taking on a fifth wife, the next season should them looking for a certified financial planner.

OMG I would die of boredom.  I am barely hanging on by a fingernail NOW, as it is!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I don't think there is any money for anyone to plan around. I think I've spent every cent they've ever made.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't think there is any money for anyone to plan around. I think they've spent every cent they've ever made.

And used imaginary profits as collateral to go further into debt.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Christine may be trying to balance the inequity of Robyn in a $960,000 house compared to her $520,000 abode by filling it with extravagant furnishings.  Poor Robyn just has to content herself with Kody and herself cuddling their little ones on their laps.

Maybe she is making big dollars selling clothes I wouldn't buy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/4/2020 at 2:31 PM, Adiba said:

Yes, I did make that assumption when Meri said she has to "do more research" before she decides. However, I don't disagree that it is also about control and attention--I do think that is Meri's M.O. often. 

I do not think Meri is easy to get along with in the family--I am not a Meri fan based on the show, really. However, I have to see some side of the story from her point of view. In my opinion, KODY is a large part of the problem regarding the communication in that family.

He changes plans mid-stream and then acts as if everything must be done NOW. And if one of his wives disagrees,  she is accused of not having an open mind. If the plan goes sideways, he blames the wives. If the wives get along, he is not happy and thinks they are "ganging up" on him. If the wives disagree, he is not happy and "stressed" out it. 

Plus I think he slyly manipulates them against each other. He’ll ask one a question in front of the other 3, which will make the wife being asked uncomfortable answering honestly. 

But... they all signed up for this insane clown posse. 

• Love 14
On 3/5/2020 at 6:36 PM, Angeltoes said:

I want that huge beanbag chair Christine was sitting on.  It would make a really cool reading nook for my grandgirls.

I had two of those monsters in my basement, and was so happy the day I sold them on Facebook marketplace, and someone came to take them away.

you can get them on amazon for about $200. Millions of colors, lots of sizes. I don't recommend, lol.

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

So…. Mariah and Meri talking on the deck.  
THEY need counseling.  It’s so unhealthy for both of them.  My perspective is that Meri did have expectations for Mariah’s life - as any parent does- but the hugest reason she felt that she couldn’t react to Mariah’s news of coming out is because they don’t have a relationship at all.  It’s one problem piling on top of another.  However- Mariah needs to be sensitive to how her mom feels about the reveal.  She is being defensive - which is understandable given the situation as many people go through this when they come out- but there is no need to be defensive with Meri.  Mariah’s anger about the catfish situation is behind her defensiveness.  Huge issue here is at this point it’s has been a year since the catfish deal and Mariah is not wanting to talk about her feelings, therefore their relationship remains strained, causing a cascade of problems and ongoing stress.  Mariah needs to buck up and talk about this catfish bit and get over herself.  People make mistakes and need to be forgiven.  To fully understand her mother and the crummy relationship her mother has had with Kody for 12 years is needed to understand Meri’s mindset with seeking out a friendship and companionship in her life.  Mariah needs to understand that she too could be in this situation in her life - as anyone can be- and she too would want to be forgiven.  She is not being fair to her mother. Thoughts?

• Love 3
On 2/9/2022 at 9:51 AM, Must Discuss said:

To fully understand her mother and the crummy relationship her mother has had with Kody for 12 years is needed to understand Meri’s mindset with seeking out a friendship and companionship in her life.

I’m sure Mariah is well versed in her parent’s religious requirement of polygyny as she grew up with 3 moms and 1 dad.  There are big no-no’s in their religion.  Wives have to be faithful to the 1 husband they share.  Homosexuality is to be suppressed, just like a drug addict has to suppress their urge to use.  Meri should have NEVER used her daughter as a confidante to her online romance.  Meri spun it into oh poor me, I was catfished only because her fillings for “Sam” turned out to be romantic fillings toward a WOMAN.  Her revulsion of homosexuality fueled her denial that she was cheating on her husband, because y’know, the poor lonely innocent lamb was duped by a WOMAN.  That’s alllllll kinds of inappropriate.  Mariah’s coming out causes Meri conflict, again, because of her religious beliefs about homosexuality and her recent personal fillings she had for a WOMAN.  Even the mainstream LDS views acting on your same-sex attraction feelings as a sin and you should be chaste and suppress them.

They both need to get over themselves, but as long as Meri believes in her religious tenets that acting on same-sex attraction is a sin, there will always be conflict.

Edited by kicotan
Spelling
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2